AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-06, 16:09   Link #1
Griffith

Is there still an Onegai Twins OVA planned?

I heard from several places that there was to be an OVA episode, but I've heard nothing about it since the series ended. Is this still going to happen?
Old 2004-03-06, 17:19   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I haven't heard anything much about it. I found a thread which suggest it would be on the last dvd on the series.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=Onegai+twins
Old 2004-03-06, 19:30   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Yes! According to the April issue of Megumi, the OVA, called the "7th Shot Memories Special" will be out on April 23 (my birthday )
Old 2004-03-07, 01:45   Link #4
confidence

any idea what it's about?
Old 2004-03-07, 05:56   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Of course there is. I guess it will be even more fan-service and stuff...
Old 2004-03-07, 07:54   Link #6
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Of course there is. I guess it will be even more fan-service and stuff...
yup, itīll probably be very ecchi like the onegai teacher OVA :/
Old 2004-03-07, 12:31   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
oh probably another boring episode of the series
Onegai teacher was the best ^_^
Old 2004-03-07, 15:44   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
yup, itīll probably be very ecchi like the onegai teacher OVA :/
Judging from the screenshots it seems that it'll be pretty ecchi indeed. They're in swimsuits and there's this shot of Miina half undressed and blushing (??)... Don't be surprised if they have a sex scene in this one too...
Old 2004-03-07, 21:01   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

considering the Onegai Twins TV series is almost as ecchi as the Onegai Teacher OVA, and much more ecchi than Onegai Teacher TV, I'd say it's quite probable that the Onegai Twins OVA will be much more ecchi than the Onegai Teacher OVA...

Wonder if that means the Onegai Twins OVA could be real hentai
Old 2004-03-08, 08:33   Link #10
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
considering the Onegai Twins TV series is almost as ecchi as the Onegai Teacher OVA, and much more ecchi than Onegai Teacher TV, I'd say it's quite probable that the Onegai Twins OVA will be much more ecchi than the Onegai Teacher OVA...

Wonder if that means the Onegai Twins OVA could be real hentai
That would be extreme delight for those lolicon people.

But I disagree that Twins is ecchier. It just shows more skin and nothing else.
Old 2004-03-08, 08:58   Link #11
Umbrae
Generic Human

I think teacher was worse for pure perversness. Beeing draged off by your mother in law to a love hotell. with full intent to use it correctly hopfully before you wife finds out is much worse than your two sisters taking a bath togeather, and talking!

From the 3rd person view we all get, the two sisters might be more visualy apealing, but it is not nearly as perverse. now if his sister was to suddenly realize she was gay . . . But I guess I will have to wait till the ova to find out.

Actualy thinking about that, I think the most perverse moment in the series was when Miina having a bit of karin.

Or perhaps they will all find out a picture frame make lived above thier house once and always used to give out that picture with new frames. . . only time will tell!
Old 2004-03-08, 13:43   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I think teacher was worse for pure perversness. Beeing draged off by your mother in law to a love hotell. with full intent to use it correctly hopfully before you wife finds out is much worse than your two sisters taking a bath togeather, and talking!
Agreed, but I think you're not quite right about the "full intent to use it correctly" bit. The mother-in-law was doing it as a setup to get Kei and Mizuho all riled up - and it worked like a charm. That being said, the Teacher OVA was definitely a lot more suggestive than the rest of the series, which I also think was a lot more perverse than Twins was. In Teacher stuff actually happens, while in Twins the ecchi is mostly a lot of suggestion and humour.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the OVA, mostly to see whether they decide to add more story. On the one hand, I can see it being like the Teacher OVA (a fun last look at the characters that doesn't add too much to the overall story), but on the other hand they could surprise us with new sides to the story. Of course, I fully expect we'll see more of what we saw at the end of the last episode during the epilogue, how Miina and Maiku's relationship is progressing, despite the fact that Karen still can't fully let go even after finding the truth. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!
Old 2004-03-12, 15:12   Link #13
lordwu

OTwins Ep.13 Promo clip

Good news. On the official Onegai Twins site they have put up a promotion clip for the upcoming release of vol.7 of Onegai Twins, which includes the ep.13 OVA.

Release date of the DVD is Apr. 23.
Old 2004-03-12, 15:33   Link #14
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

hmm...looks interesting
Old 2004-03-12, 16:16   Link #15
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Don't be surprised if they have a sex scene in this one too...
One can only hope....
Old 2004-03-13, 09:36   Link #16
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Judging from the screenshots it seems that it'll be pretty ecchi indeed. They're in swimsuits and there's this shot of Miina half undressed and blushing (??)... Don't be surprised if they have a sex scene in this one too...
Pointless wishful thinking:

A threesome.

That would be a total riot.
Old 2004-03-14, 00:52   Link #17
aceangel

For me, I'd like to see an ROD-TV/Onegai Twins crossover episode. That would totally rock.
Old 2004-03-14, 01:22   Link #18
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
But I disagree that Twins is ecchier. It just shows more skin and nothing else.
I think that Onegai Twins is ecchier in the voyeuristic sense--especially when you consider that we, as viewers, are listening to the private conversations of two girls while watching them take a bath. Not exactly ecchi, but a different kind of pleasure nevertheless. Onegai Teacher's perverseness is more situational, whereas Onegai Twins is a humorous mix between situational and voyeuristic ecchi. You have some incestual undertones too. . .

But man, what a long wait. I really hope the OVA will actually add something to the series rather than just serve as an add-on. I also hope that some of the old characters from Onegai Teacher--such as Kyosuke and his girlfriend (forgot her name)--at least gets a cameo.
Old 2004-03-14, 08:17   Link #19
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I think that Onegai Twins is ecchier in the voyeuristic sense--especially when you consider that we, as viewers, are listening to the private conversations of two girls while watching them take a bath. Not exactly ecchi, but a different kind of pleasure nevertheless. Onegai Teacher's perverseness is more situational, whereas Onegai Twins is a humorous mix between situational and voyeuristic ecchi. You have some incestual undertones too. . .

But man, what a long wait. I really hope the OVA will actually add something to the series rather than just serve as an add-on. I also hope that some of the old characters from Onegai Teacher--such as Kyosuke and his girlfriend (forgot her name)--at least gets a cameo.
For me, I don't see that as ecchi though.

Also just my opinion, but all those girl talk made me feel like Onegai Twins is a shoujo anime. It seems to focus more on the girls' stuff than the male lead. Of course, the fanservice pulls me back to the true nature of this show.
Old 2004-03-14, 14:05   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
For me, I don't see that as ecchi though.

Also just my opinion, but all those girl talk made me feel like Onegai Twins is a shoujo anime. It seems to focus more on the girls' stuff than the male lead. Of course, the fanservice pulls me back to the true nature of this show.
I totally agree with you - it was a very shoujo-like romantic drama, with doses of fanservice for good measure. I didn't find it too ecchi, except when it was deliberately trying to be, and found Teacher much ecchier. But it sounds like it must depend on the person as to what seems more perverted to them... In any case, I certainly didn't find either show to be too over-the-top.
Closed Thread