AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 02:55   Link #141
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Most overrated, poor-written, crappy anime of all time:
While I am well aware that everyone has their own opinions I do have issue with a couple of your comments.

Quote:
1. FLCL (Oh, yes it is truely the greatest anime of all ime. I mean, you must be a genius to make an overrated poorly animated anime the creators made while drunk, right? WRONG. It toook me a long time to realized IT SUCKED.) Note: Not worst anime. Not even on top ten. Anyone who says it holds a deep meaning is talking a bunch of BS. It was made to advertise for a kick-ass band called "The Pillows".
Repeat after me. You will buy the soundtrack.
Poorly animated? Howso? As an animator myself, I'd have to say that despite any subjective opinions one might have regarding the story, characters, drawing style, etcetera, FLCL displays some very well done animation. There's a number of complicated sequences that are pulled off remarkably, and the show displays a lot more secondary motion, and a higher level of detail in it's animation, than most anime, including big budget OVAs.

Quote:
2. Digimon (What's with the stipid teenaged fans praising a childrens show? What a bunch of doinks.)
So, the show sucks because it's not aimed at the 20+ crowd? I'm personally not a Digimon fan, but I like a lot of anime that's not neccessarily aimed at an audience of my age. There's bound to be a lot of more valid reasons for you not to like the show. Not liking a show because of it's intended audience is exactly like saying it's stupid for Americans to like anime, because it's aimed at a Japanese audience.

Quote:
No top 5 greatest anime because there is no greatest anime of all tme. Everyone has a complaint about an anime, therefore making all anime imperfect in a way.
By this reasoning, there is no worst anime of all time either, because every show out there is bound to have a couple fans. If they were so utterly wretched enough not to appeal to anyone, no studio would have made such a show. To stay on topic, you maybe should have posted the list of shows you don't like in the thread dedicated to that, and here maybe listed the 5 anime that you personally like the most.

Now, I honestly do agree with much of your list here, I dislike most of those titles. However, you don't list any reasons. You state that you don't like the show, then you pretty much state that your opinions are self-justifying and that there is no room for disagreement. There's plenty of valid reasons to dislike any of the shows you list, but you don't name any of them. Then you go on to contradict yourself at the end of your post. If you really want people to take your opinions seriously, you really ought to give more thought to the way you present them.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 20:00   Link #142
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
While I am well aware that everyone has their own opinions I do have issue with a couple of your comments.

Poorly animated? Howso? As an animator myself, I'd have to say that despite any subjective opinions one might have regarding the story, characters, drawing style, etcetera, FLCL displays some very well done animation. There's a number of complicated sequences that are pulled off remarkably, and the show displays a lot more secondary motion, and a higher level of detail in it's animation, than most anime, including big budget OVAs.
You're an animator? That's a rare thing to see on message boards for me....

Anyway, I hope you realized that some people don't like the kinf of animatio used of this series (ie. Me.) As for the sequences, do you really think they're that well done? Sure the OVA has a fairly good framerate allowing it to flow, but it doesn't help if it confuses te living crapp out of you.

[quote]So, the show sucks because it's not aimed at the 20+ crowd? I'm personally not a Digimon fan, but I like a lot of anime that's not neccessarily aimed at an audience of my age. There's bound to be a lot of more valid reasons for you not to like the show. Not liking a show because of it's intended audience is exactly like saying it's stupid for Americans to like anime, because it's aimed at a Japanese audience.

Actually, I meant the series overall. This is the chart. Please note I didn' get to see the Japanese version:

Digimon season one: It was average. Then came.......

Digimon season two: What the hell happened?! It was doing well for a dub until now. I hate Davis because he;'s one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen in anime to date, the new characters are spineless, also characters who were intresting are wussies used to advance the plot for Mr. Asshole to shne along with Sir Agnst-a-Lot (AKA: The Digimon Emperor.)

Season 3: Meh-ish......

Season 4: This is almost as bad as season 2. I don't know why they didn't stop after season 2, but the fanboys wouldn't allow such a thing and made it go on until the end of season 4 when it finally ended for good.

Quote:
By this reasoning, there is no worst anime of all time either, because every show out there is bound to have a couple fans. If they were so utterly wretched enough not to appeal to anyone, no studio would have made such a show. To stay on topic, you maybe should have posted the list of shows you don't like in the thread dedicated to that, and here maybe listed the 5 anime that you personally like the most.
Good point. There's just too much anime in this crazy world.

Quote:
Now, I honestly do agree with much of your list here, I dislike most of those titles. However, you don't list any reasons. You state that you don't like the show, then you pretty much state that your opinions are self-justifying and that there is no room for disagreement. There's plenty of valid reasons to dislike any of the shows you list, but you don't name any of them. Then you go on to contradict yourself at the end of your post. If you really want people to take your opinions seriously, you really ought to give more thought to the way you present them.
You got it, my good man.

FLCL: First of all, Haruko is a manipulative jerrk who used Naota to get what she wanted. Mamimi existence still confuses me because she adds little to nothing until episode 6. Naota agnsts about nothing. I'll admit I like wierd anikme such as Excel Saga.), but this anime just left me confused on what the hell was going on. On;y really 2 likeable characters:

1. Guy with Big Ass Eyebrows (He tried to warn Naota about Haruko because he knew that she was using him.

2. Naota's dad (he was amusing, but still confused abou episode 4.)

Canti was justa DeM (Duex ex Machina) added in for more baffeling questions for me.

Another thing, what's with the stock school mates? Must every anime have one until it's considered an anime? There was only one important stock class mate, but she's only really important in episode 3. It took me 7 times watching that episode until I found out why the crowd broke out into a fight. I don't have time for head-scratchers. I need to watch more anime.

FLCL episode 6 spoiler!
Spoiler:

So it's just an anime about advertising for The Pillows, the reasom why I wanted to watch it. In general, it's just too wierd. It makes Excel Saga seem sane and understandable.

Naruto: It's a been-there-done-that anime. I'm sick of this done in so many anime and Naruto doesn't help.

The characters:

1. Naruto is a whiny annoying concieded main lead (go figure). When I read the manga I thought that Naruto was about 13 to 16, but he's really 10. This shot down my "deep tough guy voice heory" to, instead he was done by a girl (I should've known, after all, it's Shonen Jump.)

2. Susake is probably my most hated anime character up to date. He's not cool, handsome, intresting, or likable. He's every stereotype I hate in anime all in one package. I'm really tired of his "I'm too good to be with these guys" attitude, and if I hear anyone say he gets nicer later on, well I don't care because I get only 2 to 3 chapters a month to read and it started in about November 2002 in the US.

3. Sakura: Yeppie, yet another bitchy character who lusts over the angsty one. She acts like Susake is the greatest thing since sliced bread and sh treats Naruto like crap. Why must I continue my search for a pink-haired girl in anime that doesn't piss me off?

4. Takeshi (or whatever is name is) : Anout time for someone who doesn't suck to come. He is actually cool. Anyone who can tower over Susake is great, and he's also their teacher. He's not annoying, angsty, or whiny.

5. The rest: Don't really remember the others, but who cares?!

DBZ (Comes with long, dragged on battles and fanboys) + Ninjas - Sayians + Vegeta's (DBZ) and Kaiba's (Yu-Gi-Oh!) "I'm the best attitude" with Susake - Stupid deaths and resurrecting from the dead like Jesus 100000 like Krillen from DBZ = Naruto

How many times can they repeat the same thing over and over again until they stop? The World may never know.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 20:19   Link #143
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

If you only want to see cool/handsome/likeable people I`ve got an advise for you: go watch tv-advertisement...
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 03:44   Link #144
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
You're an animator? That's a rare thing to see on message boards for me....

Anyway, I hope you realized that some people don't like the kinf of animatio used of this series (ie. Me.) As for the sequences, do you really think they're that well done? Sure the OVA has a fairly good framerate allowing it to flow, but it doesn't help if it confuses te living crapp out of you.

It is different to dislike the style something is drawn in, than to dislike the drawing itself. In the same way, you may have very valid reasons for disliking a well animated show, that has nothing to do with how well done the animation is.

Perhaps you didn't like the pacing of the scenes, or the composition of the shots. Perhaps things happened too quickly for you, and you missed vital points that left you confused from that point on. Perhaps you didn't like the drawing style, many people confuse that for disliking how well they are drawn or animated.

There are even different styles of animation itself. What moves, how it moves. Do the characters have defined joints or wobbly tube arms that happen to bend in a similar fashion to real arms? How much squash and stretch is present? How realistic or fantastic is the motion portrayed?

I'm not questioning the fact that there is something there that you don't like, just what exactly what that something is.

As for me being an animator, it is unfortunately by skills only at this time. I went to school for animation, graduated (with heaps of praise from my 2D animation instructors, if I may toot my own horn just this once), and immeadiately found a ruined and desolate job market that holds no future for all but the best, and most experienced, and even many of them are left out in the cold. Right now I'm trying to get into illustration, design, and a bit of comics. If nothing else, I'll try and settle into a comfortable video game design position somewhere, after building up a name for myself with freelance work.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 00:44   Link #145
LowT

Name your top Anime's here!

This'll b good for me. Also next to it, name what genre it is/why you like it.
You don't need a top 10, 5, hell you can write 6. Just name some.

and depending on some answers that's what I'll honestly go download. Your advice/input is going to mean alot so

LEMME KNOW WHAT Y'ALL BEEN WATCHIN!

Me? My list won't go huge but so far....

1. Naruto! I don't think i'll find anything better- sucks i've caught up to 87 now. Now I wait
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 01:27   Link #146
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I like to make posts before threads get moved, since this one will probably go in the General Anime thread.

But top Anime? You're crazy if you think nothing is better than Naruto.

Go check out things like Scrapped Princess, Monster, Witch Hunter Robin, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Infinite Ryvius, Noir, Madlax, Planetes, Konomini, Hellsing, Gungrave, Juuni Kokki, Samurai Champloo, Rah Xephon, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Last Exile, One Piece, Trigun, Shingetsutan Tsukhime... I think I could go on...

I made a list of favorites, Naruto was 2nd to last Although I do technically -like- Naruto, it'll set your level of judgement too low to like anything else, when there is so much better stuff

And make sure to read the forum rules please.
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 11:10   Link #147
killusuka
the one you wish you were

Send a message via AIM to killusuka Send a message via MSN to killusuka
1.hunter x hunter + the OVAs
2. yu yu hakusho
3. naruto
4. hellsing
5. doraemon
killusuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 11:31   Link #148
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

In no particular order

Mobile Battleship Nadesico
FLCL
Kino no Tabi
Lain
Infinite Ryvius
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 12:12   Link #149
UzumakiBatman
Me for teh pwnage :P

in no particular order

Naruto
Scrapped Princess
Love Hina
Full metal alchemist
Kenshin Ova's (espically the last 1, the ending was so sad :P)
UzumakiBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 00:11   Link #150
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domasai
TOP FIVE

1) Millennium Actress
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Naruto
4) Fruits Basket
5) FLCL

Well I think that's ecclectic enough.
That WAS my top five....I'm altering this now though.

~ TOP FIVE ANIME SERIES ~
1) Monster
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Full Metal Alchemist
4) One Piece
5) Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

~ TOP FIVE ANIME FILMS ~
1) Millennium Actress
2) Princess Mononoke
3) Grave of the Fireflies
4) Spirited Away
5) Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:03   Link #151
ChobO

Hunter x Hunter
Hikaru no go
Love hina
Kenshin
Ranma 1/2
ChobO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 14:12   Link #152
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Perhaps you didn't like the pacing of the scenes, or the composition of the shots. Perhaps things happened too quickly for you, and you missed vital points that left you confused from that point on. Perhaps you didn't like the drawing style, many people confuse that for disliking how well they are drawn or animated.
Vital points? That's a good one. Most of the important things didn't happen until episode 4. It got less druged up ::or so druged up I knew what was going on: If I can understand Excel Saga the whole way through, I can understand the events of FLCL. For the love of God, they confessed they were taking drugs while making this anime a few years back. (And I'm not surprized.)

Vital points? Yeah, right. This makes the fastest, most confusing anime around look sane and able to keep up with. I've seen more plot and character development in one episode of Pocket Monsters than in the whole series of FLCL. (and thatt's just downrigh insulting. For shame, GAINAX. For shame.) I was being nice giving it 3 stars. I should've just stuck with the 2/5 originally.

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-06-16 at 14:25.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 18:11   Link #153
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

FLCL ... this one was stylin. Pretty original ... weird ... and quite cool I thought. The animation wasn't crappy ... it was intended to be that way. Different ... but not crappy. The concept was hip happenin. 6 eps of orgasm.

Berserk... simple and deep at the same time. Seems like a slicem up action anime ... but it makes you fall in love with the characters. It brought out emotions towards the characters ... wheather you hate Griffith or love the band of the Hawk ... And ofcourse there are the simple scenes where you get you check out people get sliced by an 8 foot sword.

Cowboy Bebop ... gotta love the space cowboy. The music ... the characters... the scifi world. A chopped storyline ... that eventually comes together and ties it up. The ending of this show was quite powerful too... that last lines went down as one of the the saddest moments in anime for me.

Hellsing ... totally badass main character. Alucard was so damn cool I didn't care too much about the flaws at the end. Some of the secondary characters like Alexander and Walter were also quite amazingly cool.Some complain that there was no character developement with Alucard ... but in this case I wasn't looking for any. He was perfect and didn't need any change. The only beef I had with Hellsing is that it just sorta ended ... it could've easily gone for another 5 eps. And finally ... I loved the whole concept of nosferatus and newage vampire slayers.

For my last one ... I'll list a movie ... Akira was what got me into anime and it's still the most amazing anime movie I've ever seen. This classic deserves my #1 slot.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 02:00   Link #154
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

My top 6 Anime
Fruits Basket
Naruto
Chrno Crusade
Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu
Cowboy Bebop

top 5 overatted anime
DBZ (takes like 5 hours to power up)
DB GT (Goku really really really anoying because he never starts with his full ability)
Onegai Teacher (bad love story...(he likes her because she's pretty and she loves him because....he's nce?) and I hate that ugly tellatubbie looking retarded thing that acts like sumomo from chobits)
Pokemon (......)
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:12   Link #155
varica

Top 5

Thats hard!

The top 5 I'm watching at the moment are:-

1) Naruto
2) Gantz
3) Bakuretsu Tenshi
4) Tenjou Tenshi
5) Kyou Kara Maou

Top 5 of all time, not including one's I've already answeres :-

1) Ruoroni Kenshin
2) Trigun
3) Hellsing
4) Outlaw Star
5) Blue Gender

and not forgetting Beserk which I love too!
varica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 16:44   Link #156
Anime-Lover
Anime over obsesser

in no order
Gundam wing
inuyasha
trigun
cowboy bebop
out law star
Anime-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 03:41   Link #157
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
(not in order)

1.Rurouni Kenshin
2.Princess Monoke
3.Animatrix
4.Spirited away
5.Naruto
6.HunterXHunter
7.Neon Genesis Evangelion
8.Cardcaptor Sakura
9.YuYu Hakusho
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 04:57   Link #158
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
1. Fruits Basket
2. Great Teacher Onizuka
3. Azumanga Daioh
4. Hellsing
5. Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu
Baka-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 07:49   Link #159
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
my favourites...
1)full metal panic
2)angelic layer
3)full metal alchemist
4)ai yori aoshi
5)rurouni kenshin
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 11:57   Link #160
JinLucifer
WRX STi

In no particular order:

- Initial D
- Hunter x Hunter
- One Piece
- Chrno Crusade
- Gravitation

Though this list is obviously not unchanging >.>;.

Last edited by JinLucifer; 2004-06-19 at 21:33.
JinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five