AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 22:36   Link #3061
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Walkure Romanze was it? It looks appealing based on the concept of knights and cute girls. But then I'm not thinking of playing it for some obvious reasons after seeing the screenshots for it.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:44   Link #3062
Undertaker

Yeah, It appealed to me because the art is the same as Princess Lover, which I loved graphic-wise. While I agree with most that Princess Lover is just slightly above average in terms of story, so I don't expect much stroy-wise from Walkure Romanze. With that been said though, I just want to see if anyone actually played it and how they feel about it.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:46   Link #3063
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Anyone tried the new Ricotta game yet?
Personally, I've gone through 2/4 routes now (about half-way through the third and temporarily stalled). The key point to understand (which you'd know from the trial) is that the "knight" setting in this game is really about the spectator sport of jousting. The story basically revolves around a jousting tournament, so the focus is on the various heroines who want to win the competition, their various issues and rivalries, and their relationship to the protagonist who is a "begleiter" (which is a German word for companion/helper/partner). In this game, the protagonist takes the "partnership" aspect of being a begleiter very seriously, so he'll only accept the job if he really believes strongly in the person he chooses. The first part of the plot is basically the journey to choosing his partner, and the second half is what happens once he chooses his partner all the way to the end of the tournament.

Spoiler for route impressions with minor/mild plot spoilers for Walkure Romanze:

Production values on the game are pretty good, with lots of CGs (both ero and non-ero), a good game engine, and pretty decent music. Art is always a matter of taste, but the quality is high. Another thing I guess I should say is that the sex scenes are rather... passionate. They may also be a bit more extreme than some people may like, though it's not like extreme extreme by any means. Some may wish to Ctrl through some (or all) of the scenes. One thing I did think was rather unique though (not sure if their previous game was the same as I never played it) is that one of the full scenes is actually just a "make out" scene. This is kind of unusual in the sense that a lot of eroge just jump straight from "let's go out" to bed, so this plays up the "escalation" well. Still, the middle part of each route has a bit of that "events created just to connect to ecchi scenes" feel, so people who don't like that sort of content much will likely feel they could have done with less.

Anyway, I guess I'd class it as a character game with a rather unique plot gimmick (jousting) that's somewhat interesting. If you don't mind the tournament motif (and all the related trappings, like the journalist/announcer who provides the colour commentary about every match and constantly acts overly shocked/surprised about everything ), it may be worth giving a shot.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:31   Link #3064
Undertaker

passionate scene isn't too much of issue, considering I'm fan of NTR genre and there isn't much I haven't seen in turn of the dark side of ACG. As long as there is no gang rape scenes in this (clash of genre) i'll be fine, because I don't like my pure romance genre mixed with the heavy stuff especially when I'm on there routes.

The jousting game setting was a bit of surprise, I was thinking it was some sort of fantasy military school games. But I got to complain about one little thing, what's gong on with the recent trend of main characters acting in servitude/aide to female characters in ACG world? While I don't mind it too much if it happens there and there, but it seems this is starting becoming a trend with all the butlers and what not. (in this case, a glorified squire)

But so far it seem this game is a go, I'll definitely work on it once I'm done (or get bored) with the recent slew of console games.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:02   Link #3065
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Spoiler for Picture:

*looks at uniform* *then looks at heroine with a lance* *then looks at the background*. Yeah, I sorta figured it was generally about jousting with this one screenshot. I'll give this visual novel a go, but still get that strange feeling it will have slightly more ero scenes then non-ero scenes.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:33   Link #3066
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
This looks hella good:

Old 2011-11-21, 21:45   Link #3067
Undertaker

Is that from the new Rance game?
Old 2011-11-21, 21:48   Link #3068
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yep, Rance Quest. Was a very fun game, but was very annoying to level the characters all over again with no increase xp or anything like what happened in Galzoo Island.... Rance and his daughter gave me the best laugh though.
Old 2011-11-23, 09:45   Link #3069
Aaerul

Preordered Hareten and Poco a Poco...
Only 1 day left until release ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノイエーイ
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 10:14   Link #3070
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Too bad I can't read runes...

Oh man.
Not an eroge, but I heard that Steins Gate is epic, I gotta play it.
Old 2011-11-23, 12:14   Link #3071
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There's an anime about Steins;Gate made by White Fox. Well known for being completely loyal to the main source so the storyline between the anime and the visual novel are accurate with little alternations there and there. They follow the true ending of the visual novel so you won't find anything different there. Unless you play the fan-disc and the other routes.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:24   Link #3072
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I just finished Sono Hanabira 1, 2, 4, and 5. Basically, finished one under an hour. I'm not into yuri dialogues, but the scenes......

-... arrgkkk!!!!! (nosebleeds)
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:34   Link #3073
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Finished two routes of Tasogare no Sinsemia. Ginko's route was quite fun, but the ending conclusion was the most anticlimatic and random piece of writing I've encountered so far. It basically left me thinking "Huh? That's it?"
On the other hand Iroha's route was more dramatic towards the end. The whole result of her parents was heavier than the usual drama.
But overall, the flowchart system is a awesome idea (not only to see where you are, but you can also jump to another earlier point of the flow chart, though that makes multiple saves quite unnecessary unless you quit for the day or so )
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:44   Link #3074
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Finished two routes of Tasogare no Sinsemia. Ginko's route was quite fun, but the ending conclusion was the most anticlimatic and random piece of writing I've encountered so far. It basically left me thinking "Huh? That's it?"
On the other hand Iroha's route was more dramatic towards the end. The whole result of her parents was heavier than the usual drama.
But overall, the flowchart system is a awesome idea (not only to see where you are, but you can also jump to another earlier point of the flow chart, though that makes multiple saves quite unnecessary unless you quit for the day or so )
Well, the flowchart system is basically necessary in this game because of the way they constructed the story. Unlike most eroge, you won't really get a complete picture of what's going on unless you complete all the fragments and play it through to the very end. Sometimes even the alternate route endings contribute something to the story. Basically, the game's story is like a puzzle, and the flowchart shows you all the pieces. I'll be interested to hear your opinion of the story once you play it through to the end.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:15   Link #3075
Aaerul

Spent a night translating Vava's interview:

Why Little Busters! never got an anime.

http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/...into-an-anime/

Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 14:29   Link #3076
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If Maji de Watashi got an anime, then why not Little Busters since it's generally about the main character hanging out with his friends.

Edit: Also, SofthouseChara's SLG games are just too addicting... I just spent 90+ hours trying to perfect Wizard's Climber and now moving on to another 50+ VN...

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-11-24 at 23:13.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:25   Link #3077
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'll be interested to hear your opinion of the story once you play it through to the end.
As usual, the post and my comprehension is within my limited jp. knowledge.
Spoiler for Tasogare story:

Last edited by Mahou; 2011-11-26 at 18:05.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:12   Link #3078
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone played Paradise Lost (the prequel to Dies Irae)?
Old 2011-11-27, 19:15   Link #3079
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

[mod edit: removed reference to previous post]

anyway, my impression of a eroge? I never read the dialogue and rarely ever remember the names of the characters, I just skip to the good parts... lol

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-27 at 19:36.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 02:45   Link #3080
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I particularly found this character description the most interesting solely because of the reason I put inside the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Shouko: I found her character development the best. You can clearly see how she regained her cheerful personality the more time she spent with her Onii-chan. Though as a blog mentioned there's no way she's of full age and the lead up to her ero scene was bad. Her changed appearance in the true route was veeeery cute and "NGHHHHH". Her appearance of the "bad ending" in her route was a surprise, though. Maybe the part I didn't like that much was her innate "dislike" of Sakuya on Sakuya's route even though I could understand the reason for it. I didn't think it was explained why she was able to see those cursed stones other than the stealth-mode Ginko mentioned in the true route or if her strange dream is connected to it.
Spoiler for The Sole Reason:

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel