3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-25, 21:28   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

One hell of a episode imo.. just like the past 7. ^^;

I'm not to sure where to start about this episode, from Shinji's brilliant acting.. to Rider being well.. like the Rider some of us know & love to aah what a episode.

& omg what a preview for the nexted episode..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-25, 21:35   Link #22
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Reply to Sorrow-K's post

Well if its knowledge he wants Rin can be just as helpful as Shinji. Looking at it from a totally analytical l point of view, It boils down to who Shirou can actually beat one on one, since thats where him and whoever he chooses to ally with will end up. Rin or Shinji, at this point it seems like Shinji is an easier target to take out where as Rin can take care of herself. Seems like the better deal if he was out to win given the information we have, teaming with Shinji and taking care of Rin and the others then backstabbing him seems like a better bet then having to fight Rin at the end. Shirou also remarked how it seems Rider seems to be weaker then other servants.

But im pretty vindictive, if someone tried to kill me I would do everything I could to make sure hes six feet under...

edit - I typed too slow -.- clarifying which post i was replying to
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:36   Link #23
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Given the way Shirou regards Saber, and how his actions constantly emphasizes his attitude towards her, the show has been implying the idea that perhaps Saber is or will respond/change due to his treatment of her. But that very last scene, to see Saber defy Shirou’s instructions, only hints that Saber's mindset remains as rigid to the definition of her role as a servant as she was when she first appeared. Maybe it’s not only about Shirou influencing Saber away from being a mere servant to be more human, but also the other way; Saber, to compel Shirou to become more “master-like” with respect to the War. I wonder how these conflicting paradigms serves to affect their characters as the show progresses.

I partially agree with Mr. Stripey on the issue of what genre Fate/stay Night exceeds in. This show amuses at its best through its harem elements, but that’s not to say its serious side isn’t engrossing. The battles are undeniably highly entertaining, regardless of its context. I look forward to more of that next episode.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-02-25 at 23:07.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 23:31   Link #24
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Highly enjoyed this episode. I've always been more of a 'relationship' fan then an 'action' fan, so the turn that Fate has taken in the past few episodes hasn't bothered me in the slightest. Highlights of this episode were, of course, almost anything featuring Rin in Shirou's house - from her wandering around picking her bedroom, to her politely explaining to Fuji-nee why she was there - which I loved.

"Do you want me to save you?" "Please!"

Ah... Gold. And, as to the action we're all missing... Assassin's voice made me shiver, it was beautiful. I could almost hear the choir shouting 'Sephiroth!'

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-26, 03:22   Link #25
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
OMG what an episode... and the next eps is going to be awsome as well, OMG...

lot of new character is introduced in this eps....caster and assasin, and shinji as raider master, more plots is revealed. And Rin want to stay in Shinji home is hirarilous as welll ^^

9/10. woot woot

still don't understand why fate/stay night is not as popular as mai otome @ animesuki :/
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 04:32   Link #26
rpgkiller999

The roles of Shirou and Saber seems to be switched in this episode. Shirou knows there is something fishy about Shinji's words and decided to sit and watch, but Saber went ahead and take the risk to confront the master/servant at the temple.

Finally some action next week, the past episodes look like love comedy to me, although I don't hate it.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:36   Link #27
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I wouldn't have minded the last few episodes taking it so much slower if we actually learnt more about the characters. The harem-y side of the plot has been progressing along at a decent pace, but I totally would have appreciated some character development. We still know very little about Rin and absolute zip about Kaed.. I mean Sakura.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 07:17   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Ah... Gold. And, as to the action we're all missing... Assassin's voice made me shiver, it was beautiful. I could almost hear the choir shouting 'Sephiroth!'
I know what you mean, though i think Assassin's gonna have a few more things to say then Sephiroth. ^^
Old 2006-02-26, 08:03   Link #29
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I know what you mean, though i think Assassin's gonna have a few more things to say then Sephiroth. ^^
After rewatching episode 8, I have compiled the following list. For fun.

Assassin: long, flowing blue hair.
Sephiroth: long, flowing silver hair.

Assassin: long, elegant katana
Sephiroth: Masamune (effectively, long, elegant katana)

Assassin: flowing blue robes, no armour
Sephiroth: flowing cape, no armour

Assassin: bishie features; almost to the point of too bishie
Sephiroth: just ask the fangirls

Assasin: voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa
Sephiroth: voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Advent Children)

Hrm... just a bit related. Hopefully Assassin isn't quite as insane as Sephiroth though. Perhaps 'insane' is a bit harsh... amoral... twisted... crazy... yeah. But I'm sure he's still really cool with his Katana ^^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-26, 08:22   Link #30
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Assasin: voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa
Sephiroth: voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa (Advent Children)
You sure ?

Toshiyuki Morikawa = 森川 智之

Credit states that he's voice by 三木 眞一郎.

I've stated that quite clearly that in an earlier post in this thread.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:42   Link #31
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

yay! another great ep

first half of the ep was quite serious and showed us how much of a liar shinji is, i loved the small appearence that Issei had,
second half was quite funny and refreshing, also it has set up a great intro to the next ep, looks like there are gonna be quite some good fights,
rin seems to be changing the more she hangs around with shirou, and Sakura poor girl (btw she is nothing like kaede from shuffle and unlike her sakura is pro =D )

this ep gained a slightly higer rating than the previous ones 9,

also i cant but help notice the great animation and sound quailty of F/SN compared to other animes, also the BGM is great, the wolf howl during issei's moment of temptation was sheer comedy!
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 10:59   Link #32
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Rin was adorable in this episode. So CUTE
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 12:25   Link #33
evil-samurai

Well I have to say ha! take that Rin, cant stop Sakura walking in

Am I the only one not caring to much about Rin, her character adds something to the show, but there are more interesting characters in the show like...Rider! I didn't think to much of her in episode 6 since it really just showed her fighting, but I really like her character more now after watching episode 8, her little talk with Shirou was welldone. Well I'm all for Riker beating up/killing off her current master. It would be a joy to see Rider doesn't seem to be the happy type but it shows she isn't that fond of her current master.

The shows been alright so far.. things have been a bit over the place.... well mabye they are just saving all the really! interesting parts for the middle and end of the show ^^

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-03-02 at 01:29.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 16:27   Link #34
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The Sakura pounding continues...

Sakura may have won a skirmish, but she lost the war. Rin is alone with Shirou now when Sakura leaves and she gets to walk to school with him now. (Come on guys, would you really trust Rin alone with Shirou? )

Saber's transformation was so cool!

I really loved the comedic parts of this episode, especially the harem growing. For that, Saber's transformation, the Sakura pounding and Rin's scheming, I gave it a 9 out of 10.

Yeah! the fighting starts again! (Too bad. Shirou finally made a good decision about not going to the shrine.)

One question...

Spoiler for Shinji's family explanation:
Old 2006-02-26, 17:00   Link #35
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler for Shinji's family explanation:
I don't think they'll mention this in the anime, but I'll put it into spoiler tags anyway...
Spoiler for Game spoiler for previous Grail Wars:

Last edited by Mr. Guy; 2006-02-26 at 17:13.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 19:34   Link #36
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Well I have to say ha! take that Rin, cant stop Sakura walking in

Am I the only one not caring to much about Rin, her character adds something to the show, but there are more interesting characters in the show like...Rider!
Yeah that booty shot in the previews made me

Finally some decent fanservice.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 20:08   Link #37
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
You sure ?

Toshiyuki Morikawa = ?? ??

Credit states that he's voice by ?? ???.

I've stated that quite clearly that in an earlier post in this thread.

Hrm. My apologies, I could have sworn I'd read that it was the same VA for both FF:AC and F/SN. Just goes to show that facts should always be double checked. Thanks for the correction, Makube!

Even without the identical VA though... Assassin is still a lot like Sephiroth

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-26, 20:11   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Finally some decent fanservice.
With a epic story like F/SN has.. i seriously think there's no need for it.
Old 2006-02-26, 21:10   Link #39
Tabris

Wow, what a nice little transformation.

A nice episode as per usual (still got to watch episode 8 properly). Loved the second half with Rin staying over at Shirou's, and as always, the Tiger-sensei seens were quite a joy to watch

Next episode looks interesting as well, with 4 servants seeing action, I look forward to it
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 21:20   Link #40
TehKev

Send a message via AIM to TehKev
Wow, this has to be my favorite episode so far. Hee, harem is established, and the fun begins, in both action AND comedy sense. Also drama and frrriiiction. Looking forward to the next episode veryyyy much.
TehKev is offline   Reply With Quote