Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-12-10, 10:56   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Resident Evil 3 Remake (April 3, 2020)

And of course, following on to the massive success of Resident Evil 2 Remake, we now have the remake of Resident Evil 3 coming up, and so quickly too:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

RE2 was a great remake, and it looks like RE3 will get that same awesome treatment that RE2 remake did (and likely they got RE3 remake out fast due to asset and tech reuse ).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-10, 11:52   Link #2
Golden Lily

Have to admit Capcom is killing it recently: Monster Hunter: World, RE2 Remake, DMC5 then huge expansion for MHW and now this.

They got me scared for that Project Resistance, but this looks great.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-10, 18:03   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jill isn't fighting zombies in a miniskirt anymore? Heresy!!!
Her redesign will take some time to get used to. The face, I mean. I really liked the one in previous games.

And yeah, this is fast.

PS: still haven't played RE2 remake.
Old 2019-12-10, 22:12   Link #4
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Project Resistance will allegedly be part of R3make.

God damn March and April will be insane. FF7 P5R TLoU2 C77 etc...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-11, 02:09   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Not allegedly, it is. In fact, in the Playstation State of Play presentation where it was announced, the show actually presented Project Resistance first, saying that they were showing the "unannounced campaign part" of the game, before slowly revealing that the footage they were showing was RE3 remake.

It was a well-played bait & switch on Capcom's part, where it turns out Resistance is actually the multiplayer mode bundled with Resident Evil 3 Remake.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-11, 08:01   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

The Last of Us 2 was delayed a month, so that gives you a bit of extra time. Although if you're planning on playing the other three (especially P5R which is super long), I think you're pretty screwed. That said, RE3 will be the least time consuming if the campaign is as short as the original.
Old 2019-12-11, 13:38   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Why does Carlos now looks like a hobo?
Glad they fixed Jill's costume for the remake.
Her old look was something out of Mad Max.
Old 2020-03-20, 13:24   Link #8
Golden Lily

So I just finished playing demo and I've really mixed feelings about Nemesis.

On one hand he looks great, is very menacing and for the lack of better word, even "badass" (that superhero jump was <3). But I can't help but think that in full game he will be a bit too much of a challenge.
Mr. X in RE2 was great, (1) because of the closed environment through which you can detect him via audio cues, (2) he's really slow so you always run faster than him to lose him, (3) you can bait his attacks for few seconds of head start.

Meanwhile, due to RE3 more open locations you can't just detect Nemesis via audio, he's faster than you so you will always take damage (yeah, there's now dodge button, but it's difficult to tell when to use it without second pair of eyes on your back) and his recovery time is far faster.
Add to that annoying tentacle grab that I haven't manage to dodge even once.

For me it was easier to just shoot him until he kneels for 10 or so seconds and run away.

I wouldn't really mind that much, but Nemesis is central for this game and we will most likely see him A LOT.

Other than that it was great and I can't wait to play full game. That perfect dodge is so satisfying to pull.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 17:05   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Some reviews are coming out, and I've read plenty of player feedbacks (game was leaked early in France). I was hoping they'd take this opportunity to add more content, but they did just the opposite and cut some sections. The game's just as short if not shorter than the original (6 hours in normal mode). The only area that's a bit open is the one from the demo, the rest is hallways. I'm not interested in the multiplayer so I'm not paying full price for that. I'll wait for it to drop.

They should have released the two Remakes together IMO. Of course, they would have gotten less money this way.
Old 2020-03-30, 20:35   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Reviews are a bit more split compared to RE2make, however almost all of them agree that Nemy doesn't feel to have as large and impactful presence as the game hits its latter half.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 07:04   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Reviews are a bit more split compared to RE2make, however almost all of them agree that Nemy doesn't feel to have as large and impactful presence as the game hits its latter half.
Yeah. I've read that his appearances are scripted too, meaning lower replay value if you know exactly when he's going to pop up.

Everyone seems to agree it's a good if not great game, but it does have a lot more cons than the RE2 remake.
Old 2020-03-31, 19:26   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Something I heard often about some players is that it felt more action oriented. Of course not as much as 4 of course.

Maybe they'll add free DLC like DMC5 had the free Blood Palace last year?
Old 2020-04-01, 08:48   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The original RE3 was also heavily action oriented, so it makes sense. It really wasn't much different from RE4 in my memories when it came to amount of action.
Old 2020-04-03, 17:49   Link #14
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Lol

YouTube
Old 2020-04-06, 12:59   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
His fights are rather simple even on the highest difficulty. For example, on one of them when he turns feral, there is a part where he is running in circles and all you have to do is shoot mine rounds, and then the fight ends.

There's also a part where Nemesis is shooting Jill with a rocket launcher. It turns out that the scene is completely scripted, and that you don't take damage or die even if you fail to dodge it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2020-04-07 at 13:01.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 21:20   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They already confirmed Resident Evil 4's remake.... or it was a leak. The news say that the game will be released in early 2022.
Old 2020-04-15, 15:27   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
They already confirmed Resident Evil 4's remake.... or it was a leak. The news say that the game will be released in early 2022.
It's a complete rumor. And I for one hope it's false. I'd rather they remake the real RE3, Code Veronica, which could definitely use the visuals and gameplay improvements. It's my favorite after RE3.

I don't think a RE4 remake is necessary at this time either. Besides updated graphics, what could they change? Give you the ability to move while shooting and what else? The game's already almost perfect as is. Having to protect Ashley was annoying, but it fit the narrative and increased tension.
Old 2020-04-25, 00:14   Link #18
Crusch's_Keeper
Lunatic

As someone who really enjoyed RE2 remake, I hear this was significantly worse with regard to the survival horror aspect. It's lower in fear and shock value, and less puzzles to solve. Might be a great game in it's own right, especially if it brings back nostalgia, but doesn't seem like a good resident evil game.
Crusch's_Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 09:46   Link #19
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I downloaded the demo but I already suck at this. It feels weird especially after completing the Uncharted trilogy. Gotta polish my survival skills