AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-02-01, 05:03   Link #501
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Poll is working now. I'm not sure who to vote for... hmm...

Why is Rosa so high though? This chapter made me hate her more than ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Who ever made that site had wayyy too much time on their hands.
Nah, it's a bizzare marketing campaign done by a makeup company that targets men where you upload a face pic and it sticks it into the template. Still hilarious though.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 14:44   Link #502
Rias

Not suprisingly (?) Eva-Beatrice won the first day's poll... Ep3 sure left a strong impact. (and probably the end part of ep4)
Old 2009-02-01, 15:02   Link #503
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I'm stuck between Ange and Battler...
Also why is Hanyuu on the list?
Old 2009-02-01, 15:17   Link #504
Rias

same reason as why "「断る」心理テクニック" is on the list...people can add their own entries on the poll
Old 2009-02-01, 15:23   Link #505
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Spoiler for Kinzo's death, Ep 1:
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 15:48   Link #506
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Spoiler for Kinzo's death, Ep 1:
Spoiler:
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 18:39   Link #507
Marion
The Great Dine

Hello everyone! I've been watching this forum and other Umineko forums for a while, but I have finally registered in order to present my theory for Battler.

Spoiler for The Other and Real Battler:

I bet there's a bunch of things wrong with this, but I'm most going off of summaries of Episode Four since I don't actually have it yet >3>
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 23:31   Link #508
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The fact Kyrie got a miscarriage just ruins any theory involving a baby swap.

Also, considering episode 3, what actually happened is that Kyrie and Rudolf were going out, and Asumu barged in the fray and managed to take advantage of Rudolf's weakness to have a child with him.
The birth of original battler was the reason why rudolf had to get married with Asumu, they were not married before that.
Old 2009-02-01, 23:51   Link #509
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Hello everyone! I've been watching this forum and other Umineko forums for a while, but I have finally registered in order to present my theory for Battler.

Spoiler for The Other and Real Battler:

I bet there's a bunch of things wrong with this, but I'm most going off of summaries of Episode Four since I don't actually have it yet >3>
Welcome to the forums. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Also, considering episode 3, what actually happened is that Kyrie and Rudolf were going out, and Asumu barged in the fray and managed to take advantage of Rudolf's weakness to have a child with him.
The birth of original battler was the reason why rudolf had to get married with Asumu, they were not married before that.
But I'd have to agree with this. Kyrie tells us the story when she battles Leviathan. She'd never want to give Asumu her baby on these circumstances.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:02   Link #510
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
It wasn't stated in red
Old 2009-02-02, 00:07   Link #511
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It wasn't stated in red
Since this information is not given by Beato herself, I don't think it will be required to be in red, especially it doesn't benefit her one bit in Episode 3 or 4.

Furthermore, it doesn't exactly make sense for Kyrie to think like this without specific truth, until she got cheated to a ridiculous level.
If it was stillbirth, I could understand, but it is impossible to deceive with miscarriage.
Old 2009-02-02, 00:15   Link #512
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Furthermore, it doesn't exactly make sense for Kyrie to think like this without specific truth, until she got cheated to a ridiculous level.
If it was stillbirth, I could understand, but it is impossible to deceive with miscarriage.
We don't know if it was Kyrie who was the one thinking that
Old 2009-02-02, 00:55   Link #513
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Who do you propose was thinking it instead?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 00:57   Link #514
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
......... don't know
Old 2009-02-02, 04:31   Link #515
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
If we take the the magic scenes as Beatrice telling Battler about scenes he could not witness, perhaps the dialogs were also created by her.

By I don't see the point in faking information like this. I mean it in script-writer level.
Most probably Kyrie thinks/believes she had a miscarriage.

BUT;
(completely ignorant in biology speaking now)

Why can't Kyrie be deceived with a (fake) miscarriage?

I've read somewhere that miscarriage happens up to 24 weeks (6 months). Couldn't Kyrie have felt sick, taken to a hospital, passed out and woken up with the miscarriage 'bad news' = fake miscarriage+kidnapped baby?
6 months babies are very weak but are not impossible to survive.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:12   Link #516
Rias

Isn't this similar to the "recollection" of Natsuhi when he went to talk to Kinzo and got all that courage, in ep1? You have someone interact with some fantasy element, then does some inner thinking becuase of that.

Sure I agree that there's no point faking that kind of info, but perhaps there's a deeper meaning for that scene.
Old 2009-02-02, 11:37   Link #517
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post

I've read somewhere that miscarriage happens up to 24 weeks (6 months). Couldn't Kyrie have felt sick, taken to a hospital, passed out and woken up with the miscarriage 'bad news' = fake miscarriage+kidnapped baby?
They aren't simply weak, the morbidity rate is drastically so high that preterm birth around 20 weeks are pretty much exposed to brain damage, infections etc.
Doing such stunt has a much larger risk of mortality (IIRC, preterm babies have only 50% chance of survival around 24 weeks), and the lucky survivors are absolutely not spared of numerous health issues.
Basically, one must be insane doing that: it would go against the purpose of kidnapping the baby. A regular kidnapping and a fake corpse would be much more "realistic" than this.
Rather, it is like an assassination attempt with a cover (which could be done with teratogen drugs).

Honestly, it doesn't make sense at all for such kind of stunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Isn't this similar to the "recollection" of Natsuhi when he went to talk to Kinzo and got all that courage, in ep1? You have someone interact with some fantasy element, then does some inner thinking becuase of that.

Sure I agree that there's no point faking that kind of info, but perhaps there's a deeper meaning for that scene.
Since Kinzo was shown always from behind during that scene, there is absolutely no reason to doubt Natsuhi met "him", though there is no red text that stated "Natsuhi acknowledged Kinzo's existence for episode 1".
As such, we cannot remove the possibility that this really happened (especially considering Natsuhi self righteousness). There is a leeway that she could have been deceived here.

Furthermore, I question the existence of the "witch side" for Episode 1, if we consider the timeline of the events with the meta world (until it is like onikakushi, with some chessboards beforehand, but Tea Party 1 implies otherwise).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-02-02 at 12:03.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 12:18   Link #518
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:

Even if that happened, why would they kidnap a foetus? Who would have done it? Kinzo doesn't seem to leave Rokkenjima at all, and there's no hospital on the island. Maybe Nanjo could have been working in the hospital Kyrie went to or something. But I don't really see why anyone would want to kidnap her unborn son.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 13:10   Link #519
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Quote:

Even assuming he survives through everything that Klash mentioned, he probably wouldn't be tall.

I think it would be nice if Battler was Kyrie's son, but I'm with Klash in that I don't see a real logical way for it to happen, though that doesn't necessarily mean their isn't one.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 16:04   Link #520
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The only way I see it happening is if she doesn't mean "miscarriage" literally, but I have no idea why that would be the case. If she actually had a miscarriage, or there was a fetus kidnapping (what the hell?) there is basically no way the child would survive.

Unless you think the "homunculi" mentioned in the story are kidnapped and reimplanted fetuses and there was some kind of super-advanced technology for the time making it possible, that's pretty much a dead end. And if the end solution is that completely ridiculous, I'd rather buy into the "magic" explanation.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote