AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-09-06, 21:38   Link #1261
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by borus View Post
For Shiba Tatsuya save lives as much and be less ruthless than the god of the old testament he would Have to do the following...

Shiba Tatsuya would Have to put up with the unreasonableness of the yotsuba branch family's for about 4000 years enduring countless betrayals and murders of his friends after finally escaping them decide to give them a second chance by offering up miyuki to be brutally tortured Humiliated and killed to show how forgiving he is resurrect miyuki after 3 day's and make her head over them so they would put there faith in her resurrect 100% of all humanity from the dead to be judged by miyuki because if he himself judged them not even 1 would be saved.

Hi I'm new here I've been reading the mahouka light novels since the visitor ark I Love the story of mahouka but I also Love the Bible be respectfull please. =p
Brah, if i don't hold any respect for Bible, i wouldn't use it as a measuring stick to begin with.

Comment denied!!!!

==============

Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
I like Mari before so I'm disappointed with her act in vol 17; sure she is worried about Mayumi and wishes her happiness but it doesn't excuse her unethical behaviour in my book. Asking an engaged man to split with his fiancee because Mari's best friend also loves him so that her best friend could experience a true love??? Mari could ask Tatsuya about his feeling but she doesn't bother to ask Miyuki's too? By Mari's standard, wasn't Tatsuya also Miyuki's only chance to experience true love?

Really, Tatsuya should just ask her back; something like, his best friends loves Naotsugu very much so Mari should just give up Nao and give him to his best friend since this is the only chance for her to experience true love. I wonder how Mari would react.
Brah, we think alike!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Tatsuya should just offer to marry off Nao to some random girl in his conversation with Mari.

I want to see her reaction when she is on the other side of this conversation.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 23:19   Link #1262
AP24

Yay, vol 18 is in November. Is the synopsis the same from the end of vol 17?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 04:33   Link #1263
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Yay, vol 18 is in November. Is the synopsis the same from the end of vol 17?
No, the newly released preview is much shorter with less details. It's added that Valentine will start soon and puts emphasis on Tatsuya(as a Yotsuba this time) and Masaki teaming up like in volume 15 unlike the previous one where there were at least Mayumi and Katsuto's name. This is really faster than expected, the cover will be out in exactly one month.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 05:59   Link #1264
AP24

Since it will be February in vol 18 then this further shows that this arc is the final arc of the 2nd year.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 08:47   Link #1265
pampz21
ShipCore

Will Tatsuya get laid in his 18 b-day?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 10:49   Link #1266
zerozeronine

Quote:
What the heck are these Mayumi fans blabing about?

Mari is acceptable because Tatsuya x Miyuki is twisted and feels like duty than love?

What the fuck? Are you Asian? If you are, go hang yourself.

From the reader's perspective:
1st, in Asian cultute, fiances > lovers.

2nd, Tatsuya's opinion? "Fuck your shit, Mari." *pay the tab and walk out*

Now that "Tatsuya brotherly feeling" and "boy/girlfriend> fiances" are out of the way, we talk about the main stuff- from a character's perspective.
It's not about Tatsuya's feeling or how right his relationship is, it is about how Mari handles things.

3rd, Since her friend is too much of a chicken to fight for her love, she tries to use underhand methods by asking Tatsuya ALONE.
Since Tatsuya has always put up with her bullshit, so may be he will go along this time.
Miyuki? She loves him so it won't work with her around. Mari knows it.

What a "respectable" sempai!!

On the other hand, Shizuku, instead of convincing Tatsuya abadon Miyuki underhandly, she encourages Honoka to fight for her love fair and square. It is not about winning or losing, it is about trying your best so you have no regret.
AND she doesn't try to appear as the righteous one here.
She askes Honoka to be Tarsuya's mistress. She want to help Honoka obtaining happiness while taking Miyuki's happiness in consideration. Now THAT is a good friend and a decent person.

4th, she askes Tatsuya to be Mayumi's lover despite the fact that he just stated he has no romantic interest in her 1 second ago. Tatsuya feeling? Who gives a fuck right? Perform another TASK this Sempai give, like you akways do Tatsuya.
4.1 th, looking at how Tatsuya spoils Miyuki, most people would think he loves her as a woman than sister. We readers know things different but characters don't: They don't know Tatsuya's background, they don't know what he think. And it is mentioned multiple times how others feel about Tatsuyax Miyuki interaction: "Sickening sweet lovey-dovey atmosphere."
Still, Mari is like:" who gives a fuck about for Tatsuya's feeling for Miyuki right?"

5th, Miyuki loves Tatsuya. It shows in her every action. You don't have to be a reader to know that.
But Mari said: "Fuck Miyuki's happiness. Giving it up for Mayumi happiness is the right way to do Tatsuya. Why? Because you always indulge our non-sense anyway"

======

To sum up, within a character's perspective, Mari tries to do things underhandly against her underclassman, not PEERS, UNDERclassman. She askes Tatsuya to be Mayumi's lover by saying that granting a girl happiness is a right thing to do, by denying another girl's happiness. And disregarding the man's love for that girl.
Yeah! Totally "righteous", girl!
What a hypocrite.

Reader's perspective holds no persuasive power since shippers!!! And Mari doesn't act on readers' information.

======
It's not like i hate Mari for her reason/motivation to do what she did. Human are supposed to be selfish.

I hate her for the way she does it. By being a hypocrite.
Agreed on everyword.

Lol at those saying that "Tatsuya is forced to marry Miyuki,he doesn't love her as a woman,it isn't right",but it's ok for Mayumi to forced her undecided feelings on him,coz I ship them
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 11:28   Link #1267
Wurstorff

Can't agree on "everyword". Shizuku mentions becoming Tatsuya's mistress as an option. As the option that would wound both Honoka and Miyuki forever if it succeeds. Her recommendation is giving up on Tatsuya. Did nobody mention that for 60+ pages? Sheesh.

The rest is pretty one-sided, too.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 14:37   Link #1268
amtro
Distro

In Japan minors above the age of 16 can get married with consent from their legal guardians.
Just thought I'd remind you all of that~
Old 2015-09-10, 14:57   Link #1269
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Will Tatsuya get laid in his 18 b-day?
Tatsuya is born in April and it's happening in February. I am curious to see what Miyuki will try this time.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 20:58   Link #1270
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstorff View Post
Can't agree on "everyword". Shizuku mentions becoming Tatsuya's mistress as an option. As the option that would wound both Honoka and Miyuki forever if it succeeds. Her recommendation is giving up on Tatsuya. Did nobody mention that for 60+ pages? Sheesh.

The rest is pretty one-sided, too.
You never know about the "wounding" part. May be, may be not.
As far as i concern, they are both satisfied just to be with Tatsuya, not monopolize Tatsuya.

The bottom line is Shizuku takes both of these two's feeling in consideration and she doesn't focus on robbing Miyuki's happiness: 2 out of 3 are beneficial to Miyuki, the last one focus on helping Honoka not to have any regrets more than winning.

P/S: I think others also see advising her friend to give up is right, considering the fiances thingy. And because there is no opposition, there is no discussion and no mentioning.

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2015-09-10 at 21:29.
Old 2015-09-10, 21:42   Link #1271
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The world of Mahouka is already a dystopia. Corporations, wealthy families and criminal organisations can get away with about everything, the various governments are spying on everyone and undesirables are disposed off without due process (that's the Yotsuba most lucrative business).

The setting is quite similar to Shadowrun without metahumans (outside magicians). I'm just waiting for the Yotsuba's sponsor to be an actual dragon who have been ruling Japan for centuries at this point...
You should send this comment to those Wall Street guys.

To CIA.

U.S. Army since August 6th, 1945.

The Mahouka world is just as much of a dystopia as our real world.

BTW, i am not on the receiving end of those so 'Murica!!!!

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2015-09-10 at 21:53.
Old 2015-09-10, 22:15   Link #1272
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Agreed on everyword.

Lol at those saying that "Tatsuya is forced to marry Miyuki,he doesn't love her as a woman,it isn't right",but it's ok for Mayumi to forced her undecided feelings on him,coz I ship them
What crossed my mind after reading your comment.

Random guy:" Hey, bro. Look at the MILF in this manga. What do you think?"
Tatsuya: "She is not a magician."
Random guy: "....."
Random: "What do you think of her as a woman?"
Tatsuya: "She is a stylish and alluring woman."
Random: "Do you feel anything?"
Tatsuy: "You mean in the sexual way?"
Random: "So you DO love her!!!"

====
I must have been so bored.

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2015-09-10 at 22:31.
Old 2015-09-10, 22:49   Link #1273
solhaz

Quote:
You never know about the "wounding" part. May be, may be not.
As far as i concern, they are both satisfied just to be with Tatsuya, not monopolize Tatsuya.

The bottom line is Shizuku takes both of these two's feeling in consideration and she doesn't focus on robbing Miyuki's happiness: 2 out of 3 are beneficial to Miyuki, the last one focus on helping Honoka not to have any regrets more than winning.

P/S: I think others also see advising her friend to give up is right, considering the fiances thingy. And because there is no opposition, there is no discussion and no mentioning.
Nah, we don't know quite sure how Miyuki would react to that mistress thing. All her action in the past was because she assumed she could never get married to Tatsuya since she is more or less the Yotsuba heir (arrange married) and she is Tatsuya's sister. Thus, although she was jealous, she allowed other women to be around Tatsuya especially if the other women really love Tatsuya. Now she is Tatsuya's fiancee, I'm not quite sure she would welcome a mistress considering her past with her father's private life.

I think Shizuku was so much concerned to see Honoka hurting, that's why she said that mistress option in her desperation to reduce Honoka sadness even just a little bit. She also knew it would also hurt Miyuki; thus, her reasoning was never 'Miyuki will allow it' but 'Yotsuba should need more children.' In the world where mistress is shunned and we don't see TMC have mistress, Shizuku reasoning was quite absurd and no basis whatsoever since she doesn't even know Yotsuba personally; even with Kitayama's resources, she doesn't know anything about Yotsuba.

Though I still think it isn't proper of Shizuku to say it; as Honoka best friend, she should just say something like 'pursue Tatsuya like now, I'll help you and if you could get him before he is married, it's great or give up on Tatsuya right now and remains his friend.' When Honoka is emotional because of love sick, Shizuku, as her best friend, should be her voice of reasoning, the logical one.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 23:46   Link #1274
Pierre

Quote:
Nah, we don't know quite sure how Miyuki would react to that mistress thing. All her action in the past was because she assumed she could never get married to Tatsuya since she is more or less the Yotsuba heir (arrange married) and she is Tatsuya's sister. Thus, although she was jealous, she allowed other women to be around Tatsuya especially if the other women really love Tatsuya. Now she is Tatsuya's fiancee, I'm not quite sure she would welcome a mistress considering her past with her father's private life.

I think Shizuku was so much concerned to see Honoka hurting, that's why she said that mistress option in her desperation to reduce Honoka sadness even just a little bit. She also knew it would also hurt Miyuki; thus, her reasoning was never 'Miyuki will allow it' but 'Yotsuba should need more children.' In the world where mistress is shunned and we don't see TMC have mistress, Shizuku reasoning was quite absurd and no basis whatsoever since she doesn't even know Yotsuba personally; even with Kitayama's resources, she doesn't know anything about Yotsuba.

Though I still think it isn't proper of Shizuku to say it; as Honoka best friend, she should just say something like 'pursue Tatsuya like now, I'll help you and if you could get him before he is married, it's great or give up on Tatsuya right now and remains his friend.' When Honoka is emotional because of love sick, Shizuku, as her best friend, should be her voice of reasoning, the logical one.
You contradict yourself in your own post, their father cheated on one of the TMC, the Yotsuba probably knew about it and didn't really care, nor do I think any of the other clans would have issues with it either. If it was such an issue, do you think the Psychotic and assassin like Yotsuba, wouldn't have just killed their father? He had already served his purpose by that point. The fact that they did nothing leads me to believe no one really even thought about it

Sure there may be some strictness in terms of sexuality in the public display, but considering Maya already plans to support an incestuous couple, I seriously doubt she would care if Tatsuya took a mistress or two.

Also your comment regarding Shizuku is kind of stupid considering Honoka is an elemental which works in a similar manner to Kurumi in Rosario Vamp, ie she already targeted and is attached to Tatsuya, its probably not likely for her to be able to move on given the predisposition of elementals, hence her options realistically are to be alone miserable forever, or at least have some time with Tatsuya as a mistress, assuming he would be game. Given his scenario than Shizuku gave her the right advice, because she isn't winning his heart outright.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 23:57   Link #1275
bietchie11

Quote:

I am not sure cheating is the same as having a mistress.
And i am not sure if fighting to be a mistress is more severe than fighting to monopolize the man.

About the mistress matter, i haven't found that part on wikia. Weird...
Anway, here is my thought.
-As for the intention:
It's more like Shizuku brain-storming bunch of ideas to help Honoka to select a solution for her problems.
She just gives possible options, Honoka must be the one to choose since it's her life.
And we don't have enough materials to accurately predict both parties' reaction towards polygamy to begin with. But at least i know that when considering the victim, sharing (partial robbing) is always less offensive than monopolizing (total robbing). =>Harem life.

So don't dwell on this. It doesn't matter much.

-As for the means:
It is still acceptable if they try to directly ask for Miyuki's permission IMO. If it is ok, great!!! If it is not, well at least she tried.
As long as you don't do it the coward way (like asking Yotsuba to arrange it and completely disregarding Miyuki's will. Do things behind Miyuki's back in general).
I will have to wait for more details on the conservation. But considering how Honoka directly confronts Miyuki (not Tatsuya), it's unlikely they would ever choose the 2nd way if they ever decide to go down the mistress path.

Bottom line is: disregarding whether Shizuku advises Honoka to be the mistress or to monopolize Tatsuya, it doesn't matter much.
It is HOW they do it that matters.
And Shizuku and Honoka have done a great job by being open about it with Miyuki. No back-stab, fair and square competition.
That's how friends solve the ordeal of loving the same person: being open with each others, regardless of what they want to do. I approve.

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2015-09-11 at 00:49.
Old 2015-09-11, 01:29   Link #1276
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You contradict yourself in your own post, their father cheated on one of the TMC, the Yotsuba probably knew about it and didn't really care, nor do I think any of the other clans would have issues with it either. If it was such an issue, do you think the Psychotic and assassin like Yotsuba, wouldn't have just killed their father? He had already served his purpose by that point. The fact that they did nothing leads me to believe no one really even thought about it

Sure there may be some strictness in terms of sexuality in the public display, but considering Maya already plans to support an incestuous couple, I seriously doubt she would care if Tatsuya took a mistress or two.

Also your comment regarding Shizuku is kind of stupid considering Honoka is an elemental which works in a similar manner to Kurumi in Rosario Vamp, ie she already targeted and is attached to Tatsuya, its probably not likely for her to be able to move on given the predisposition of elementals, hence her options realistically are to be alone miserable forever, or at least have some time with Tatsuya as a mistress, assuming he would be game. Given his scenario than Shizuku gave her the right advice, because she isn't winning his heart outright.
This Mahouka world, mistress isn’t allowed by law just like most of our countries; sure the people could have mistress but they’re shunned and people would just interact with them as little as possible. As far as we know, TMC don’t have any mistress, TMC of course won’t care but Honoka would still be shunned anyway just like Tatsurou’s mistress or Erika’s mother. Tatsurou is save because Miya didn’t care and didn’t love him one bit, Yotsuba just didn’t care since he is useless to them now after they have Tatsuya and Miyuki.

However, it’s different case with Miyuki; she loves Tatsuya. Miyuki might not allow a mistress since she hates Tatsurou’s mistress and Tatsuya, who knows her hatred very well, wouldn’t have any mistress since her happiness is everything. Besides, given Tatsuya condition right now, he doesn’t have even a bit desire to any woman much less a mistress. With Tatsuya personalities, he would only have one wife or none at all. Maya of course doesn’t care (as long as Tatsuya isn’t taken away from her it seems) if Miyuki is sad and kill herself, Tatsuya would just go world destruction mode and Maya would just laugh hysterically; her revenge is complete.

Honoka already choose to fight for Tatsuya but not to be his mistress (a right choice); no matter how strong her dependency genes is, it still won’t make her to choose to be his mistress. Besides, Satou still doesn’t give us more info about her dependency, maybe it could change to other person as she falls in love with another. Honoka said so herself back in vol 5, that she is allowed to love him until she found a new love and it’s ok to love him since he doesn’t have any girlfriend/wife so it won’t become an illicit love. In other words, she is still able to find a new love and still know it's wrong to pursue married man. If light element clan could only love the first person she fall in love with, if she/he doesn't get that first love, they would be alone forever and die miserably; the light element clan would be gone by now.

Well for you, Shizuku is giving a right advise to Honoka but not to me so just agree to disagree.

Quote:
I am not sure cheating is the same as having a mistress.
And i am not sure if fighting to be a mistress is more severe than fighting to monopolize the man.

About the mistress matter, i haven't found that part on wikia. Weird...
Anway, here is my thought.
-As for the intention:
It's more like Shizuku brain-storming bunch of ideas to help Honoka to select a solution for her problems.
She just gives possible options, Honoka must be the one to choose since it's her life.
And we don't have enough materials to accurately predict both parties' reaction towards polygamy to begin with. But at least i know that when considering the victim, sharing (partial robbing) is always less offensive than monopolizing (total robbing). =>Harem life.

So don't dwell on this. It doesn't matter much.

-As for the means:
It is still acceptable if they try to directly ask for Miyuki's permission IMO. If it is ok, great!!! If it is not, well at least she tried.
As long as you don't do it the coward way (like asking Yotsuba to arrange it and completely disregarding Miyuki's will. Do things behind Miyuki's back in general).
I will have to wait for more details on the conservation. But considering how Honoka directly confronts Miyuki (not Tatsuya), it's unlikely they would ever choose the 2nd way if they ever decide to go down the mistress path.

Bottom line is: disregarding whether Shizuku advises Honoka to be the mistress or to monopolize Tatsuya, it doesn't matter much.
It is HOW they do it that matters.
And Shizuku and Honoka have done a great job by being open about it with Miyuki. No back-stab, fair and square competition.
That's how friends solve the ordeal of loving the same person: being open with each others, regardless of what they want to do. I approve.
Well, If polygamy isn't allowed by law, if you have a wife but still cheating outside with other woman, giving her a house, car etc it’s called adultery and the other woman is called a mistress. It’s different if polygamy is allowed or you’re not married than it’s just cheating since there isn’t commitment or vow involved.

Ahahaha, if some readers like harem ending of course it’s less offensive for sharing and for me who doesn’t believe Mahouka is harem genre, monopolizing especially after marriage isn’t offensive. If Mahouka is harem genre, of course I don't care how much women Tatsuya has; he could get as much as he wants, it's harem anyway.

Yep, I agree with you, 'how they do it' is what important to us, in the situation like this, I respect a person who confront directly more (fighting fair and square) than a person who is scheming behind. What Shizuku and Honoka did is still acceptable for me since she confront Miyuki directly like what Shizuku did back in vol 5.
Old 2015-09-11, 03:06   Link #1277
pampz21
ShipCore

Dang those are some long posts.

Summary of vol. 17

Mari proven to be worse girl
Mayumi fans are cancers(Mari included)
Honoka breeding material
Shizuku best friend award
Erika best girl
Miyuki top girl
Godsuya can get all the puss but can't get a boner except for worse girl's semen perfume

Satroll is basically trolling hard.

Spoiler for Lets enjoy some Lost Zero:

I really liked the art especially that chibi males; but girls are drawn chibi too.Satroll is implying something when he meant the LN will develop just like in the games.

mfw I would never get someone cleaned it then make it my sig. Behold my suffering.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-09-11 at 03:34.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 03:39   Link #1278
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Dang those are some long posts.

Summary of vol. 17

Mari proven to be worse girl
Mayumi fans are cancers(Mari included)
Honoka breeding material
Shizuku best friend award
Erika best girl
Miyuki top girl
Godsuya can get all the puss but can't get a boner except for worse girl's semen perfume

Satroll is basically trolling hard.
LOL none of the girls and guys in Mahouka is worst except the terrorists; they each have good sides and bad sides.

Mari isn’t worse girl, she is still a righteous girl except when it concerns Mayumi. Right now only Juumonji Katsuto is the best righteous guy to all (hopefully he remains so).

Mayumi/Mari fans aren’t cancers, they’re only bias to them and thinks they’re best girls. The same with Miyuki fans who thinks she is the best girl or Lina’s etc. It’s just wouldn’t do to push our opinion of best girl to Tatsuya when he (or Satou is) could choose for himself what is the best for him.

Shizuku is best friend award only to Honoka; same as Mari, the best friend award only to Mayumi. Erika, on the other hand, should be given a best friend awards to all of her friends and best positive girl

Tatsuya is almost the best guy for Miyuki but not the best to other girls.

Maya is best mother and Mother in law; best crazy, manipulative, suicidal character (and the best girl for me ). Gouki is best father. Koichi is best ‘obsessed with Yotsuba (Maya)’ guy.
Old 2015-09-11, 06:37   Link #1279
Gundamx

Quote:
Tatsuya is almost the best guy for Miyuki but not the best to other girls.
Why? Because he will follow all her order blindly unlike other girls?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 06:40   Link #1280
azarhal

Quote:
TMC don’t have any mistress,
Koichi Segusa was married twice (all the girls are from his second wife), how much to you want to bet that she was a mistress before being upgraded to wife?
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue