AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-09-11, 07:02   Link #1281
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Koichi Segusa was married twice (all the girls are from his second wife), how much to you want to bet that she was a mistress before being upgraded to wife?
It doesn't imply he had a mistress, remarriage happens and IIRC they forced him to do so. A better example would be Maya suggesting Katsushige to take Kotona as a mistress, and since Shizuku suggested this to Honoka it means it happens.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 11:57   Link #1282
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

I an bored so entertain me.

What is the chance Maya would allow Tatsuya to have a harem? Why?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 12:30   Link #1283
Wurstorff

I'm bored, too. Let me answer you through a case by case analysis.

Maya's goal is flipping off the world.

Case 1) Goal of Tatsuya destryoing the world

Case 1.a) Tatsuya learns to care about other haremettes than Miyuki. They might keep him stable if Miyuki bites the dust => Maya says no.

Case 1.b) Tatsuya just goes with the flow, only cares about Miyuki. She eats a bullet, he goes batshit, world goes boom. No change.

Case 2) Tatsuya overcomes all his and his girls' opponents

Case 2.a) Tatsuya cares about all. Gives him more problems to solve, more opponents to overcomes => more flip off-age. Maya happy.

Case 2.b) Tatsuya still only cares about Miyuki. No change, or the same as 2.a. Either way, we end up with an indifferent or happy Maya.

If Maya is confident in her plan and the Yotsuba's skills, she'd think it unlikely for Tatsuya to care for girls other than Miyuki, making the b cases more likely to her. In that case, she shouldn't have any complaints...?

... You know. Mayumi joining the harem would be quite the provocation towards Koichi, so Maya just might support it for shits and giggles.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 13:36   Link #1284
expertsource

after the end of the vol17's summaries. i didn't read anything in this thread. Have i missed something important by then?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 19:29   Link #1285
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
after the end of the vol17's summaries. i didn't read anything in this thread. Have i missed something important by then?
Nope, just the same as always.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 19:29   Link #1286
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstorff View Post
I'm bored, too. Let me answer you through a case by case analysis.

Maya's goal is flipping off the world.

Case 1) Goal of Tatsuya destryoing the world

Case 1.a) Tatsuya learns to care about other haremettes than Miyuki. They might keep him stable if Miyuki bites the dust => Maya says no.

Case 1.b) Tatsuya just goes with the flow, only cares about Miyuki. She eats a bullet, he goes batshit, world goes boom. No change.

Case 2) Tatsuya overcomes all his and his girls' opponents

Case 2.a) Tatsuya cares about all. Gives him more problems to solve, more opponents to overcomes => more flip off-age. Maya happy.

Case 2.b) Tatsuya still only cares about Miyuki. No change, or the same as 2.a. Either way, we end up with an indifferent or happy Maya.

If Maya is confident in her plan and the Yotsuba's skills, she'd think it unlikely for Tatsuya to care for girls other than Miyuki, making the b cases more likely to her. In that case, she shouldn't have any complaints...?

... You know. Mayumi joining the harem would be quite the provocation towards Koichi, so Maya just might support it for shits and giggles.
Yeah, she might just accept Mayumi for the lol factor.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2015-09-11, 22:50   Link #1287
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Why? Because he will follow all her order blindly unlike other girls?
No, I based that ‘best guy’ from those women point of view and my opinion. Tatsuya is almost best guy to Miyuki since she loves him and Tatsuya also loves her even if as a sister. Tatsuya isn’t best guy for the other girls is because the other girls loves him but he could never love them back even just a bit and he has the most important woman in his life (Miyuki) so it’s worse for the other girls. Thus in my opinion Tatsuya doesn’t deserve to be with the other girls if he can’t even love them.

Masaki might be the best guy for Miyuki if he could still be in love with Miyuki after knowing her personalities (not just her appearance) and he could succeed to make Miyuki fall in love with him. Likewise, if the other girls could make Tatsuya fall in love with them more than Miyuki, then I could change my mind who is the best girl for Tatsuya.

Well, that’s just my opinion and not necessarily Satou’s; he might have different opinion from me. MKnR is after all his work. I’ll just accept whoever Satou chooses as the best girl for Tatsuya.

Quote:
It doesn't imply he had a mistress, remarriage happens and IIRC they forced him to do so. A better example would be Maya suggesting Katsushige to take Kotona as a mistress, and since Shizuku suggested this to Honoka it means it happens.
Yes, I bet mistress exists but like I said even in Mahouka world, they’re not seen in a positive light by society or by magicians. Take Kotona by example, she is seen as just a bodyguard, a lesser status from Yotsuba thus it’s fine if she is just a mistress. Only because Maya agree to their marriage that Kotona could become the legal wife. I don't really want the girls to have a fate like that, they deserve better.

Quote:
LOL yeah Maya might agree with it for her entertainment but how much is the chance Koichi could agree Mayumi to become a mistress? Mayumi is a Saegusa not some ordinary magician. I think Koichi will be very much offended with that idea; besides, Koichi wants to weaken Yotsuba and not strengthen them.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 08:30   Link #1288
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by solhaz View Post
Yes, I bet mistress exists but like I said even in Mahouka world, they’re not seen in a positive light by society or by magicians.
I've yet to see a mistress cast in a negative light be society in the novels. Miyuki hates that her father slept and married the woman he was dating before being paid to be a sperm donor once Miya died isn't a really good example.

The only other mistress we know about (Erika's mother) is dead and we had no comments she was seen in a negative light either. We do know that she lived in the main house though, which suggest otherwise (Erika comment how the side building is her house and the main house is her mother's in the Visitor's arc).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 12:14   Link #1289
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I've yet to see a mistress cast in a negative light be society in the novels. Miyuki hates that her father slept and married the woman he was dating before being paid to be a sperm donor once Miya died isn't a really good example.

The only other mistress we know about (Erika's mother) is dead and we had no comments she was seen in a negative light either. We do know that she lived in the main house though, which suggest otherwise (Erika comment how the side building is her house and the main house is her mother's in the Visitor's arc).
If it is seen in the positive light then the country would legalize it and they won't be called mistress anymore but legal wife no 2 (just like countries that legalize polygamy). Another example is approval to legalize gay/lesbian marriage; even then not all of the people in that country could agree of that new law; there are some people would still condemn that marriage.

The same applies in conservative Mahouka world, polygamy isn't allowed in Mahouka Japan so it means, most people there don't see them in the positive light. Even If, for example, polygamy was allowed, it doesn't mean most people would agree to it, just like gay/lesbian marriage now.
Old 2015-09-12, 21:21   Link #1290
bietchie11

Quote:
If it is seen in the positive light then the country would legalize it and they won't be called mistress anymore but legal wife no 2 (just like countries that legalize polygamy). Another example is approval to legalize gay/lesbian marriage; even then not all of the people in that country could agree of that new law; there are some people would still condemn that marriage.

The same applies in conservative Mahouka world, polygamy isn't allowed in Mahouka Japan so it means, most people there don't see them in the positive light. Even If, for example, polygamy was allowed, it doesn't mean most people would agree to it, just like gay/lesbian marriage now.
Well, there are countries whose laws allow harrm irl ( most of them are in Africa).

So if Jap doesn't allow it, Tatsuya would just have to go to Africa, marry and come back.
I am sutre those JAP guys would compromise before that happens though.... YOTSUBA FTW!!! Long live Maya!!! Long live best MILF!!!

Yoichi might just object that cuz Maya wants to marry Mayumi into the harem but screw that scrub.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2015-09-15, 01:05   Link #1291
Pierre

Quote:

Actually it is legal. There is nothing illegal about having mistresses, not even the in the US. In fact its not actually even prohibited to multiple wives in some states, as long as you don't care about getting a civil license, ie the state give you a piece of paper, then some states don't even have an issue with you calling yourself man and wives.

But yeah your argument like most of the stuff you write seems like it was done by some ten year old little girl that still dreams about knights on unicorns. Luckily enough for us the characters are Mahouka are fictional and they don't give a care in the world about disappointing you. Its scary if you hold fictional people to those kind of standards, what about actual people.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-17, 01:17   Link #1292
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Actually it is legal. There is nothing illegal about having mistresses, not even the in the US. In fact its not actually even prohibited to multiple wives in some states, as long as you don't care about getting a civil license, ie the state give you a piece of paper, then some states don't even have an issue with you calling yourself man and wives.

But yeah your argument like most of the stuff you write seems like it was done by some ten year old little girl that still dreams about knights on unicorns. Luckily enough for us the characters are Mahouka are fictional and they don't give a care in the world about disappointing you. Its scary if you hold fictional people to those kind of standards, what about actual people.
If it's not legalized under law, it means it isn't legal under law. Gay/lesbian are the same, they aren't legal under law until now, that's why they fought so hard so that they rights to marry the one they love could be legalized under law. Even US hasn't legalize polygamy, either the men divorce their first wifes so that the mistress could marry legally with him or live the rest of her life as mistress. Polygamy isn't legal under law in mahouka Japan, this is a fact in MKnR

LOL and could you not use insulting words in a mature discussion when you know nothing about me? This is MKnR discussion, my age, my personalities, my dreams have nothing to do in mature discussion. I'm applying the standard for my own self, no matter what I won't become someone mistress even if it's legal. I would advise my best friends not to but I won't enforce my views on them, in the end, it's their choice.

MKnR is fictional, if all the girls want to become Tatsuya mistresses so be it, not like I could change the storyline though I think it's such a pity to be a mistress where it isn't legalized under law. However, the girls have common sense since they have never thought to become a mistress not even Honoka.
Old 2015-09-17, 21:47   Link #1293
bietchie11

They can just take a trip to another country, marry there and come back with polygamy.
Like i said. It is legal in many countries. You just need a little search.

Take Akon for example, Uncle Sam can't say shit about him having multiple wives.

Chill out guys, Yotsuba has power so they screw everything. End of discussion.

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2015-09-19 at 07:22.
Old 2015-09-27, 10:08   Link #1294
IndexOfIdeas

Its been a long time since i visit this thread, his may be annoying ut is there any summaries available?

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 18:49   Link #1295
amtro
Distro

Don't ask, no one is going to post them. It's against the rules.
Old 2015-09-27, 20:42   Link #1296
MRD143

Masaki making an unexpected move to influence Miyuki is the interesting point I am looking forward to. When Masaki does make his move I wonder if Miyuki will show her true face instead of the facade she normally shows the World. Even Yuuka a member of the Yotsuba was terrified when she got a glimpse of what hides behind Miyuki's ojou-sama facade. How can people keep being fooled by ojou-sama Miyuki when the Demon Lord of the Far East considers her to be a worthy successor?
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 20:46   Link #1297
FLS_Carnage

I think Miyuki will keep up the facade at first, but if he is persistent she will show her true personality.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 20:49   Link #1298
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
Its been a long time since i visit this thread, his may be annoying ut is there any summaries available?
Read the thread I posted summaries of the current volume chapter by chapter.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 04:24   Link #1299
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Masaki making an unexpected move to influence Miyuki is the interesting point I am looking forward to. When Masaki does make his move I wonder if Miyuki will show her true face instead of the facade she normally shows the World. Even Yuuka a member of the Yotsuba was terrified when she got a glimpse of what hides behind Miyuki's ojou-sama facade. How can people keep being fooled by ojou-sama Miyuki when the Demon Lord of the Far East considers her to be a worthy successor?
Rather I'am looking forward to how Satroll officially sink Mayumi's ship.

Btw Tatsuya is still jerking Honoka real hard. All the girl should just do what Erika did so we wouldn't get some useless drama. Miyuki got her own drama vol. I just wish Satroll doesn't drag Mayumi and Honoka drama shit.

PS: Erika is still best girl.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 04:37   Link #1300
MRD143

Tatsuya doesn't want to hurt Honoka because he knows she has attached to him, he tries in volume 5 to make it clear he could not love her but it didn't work. How do you sink a ship that is programmed into someones genes?
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue