AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-12-13, 23:54   Link #1981
Echizen777

It's one of these moments when you are supposed to be worried about a character, a death flag.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 00:05   Link #1982
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I can't really picture anything happening to Miyuki, and if it does it won't be for long. Tatsuya will be far away and deal with Gu Jie and USNA, I don't see him with her either. Miyuki is with the Saegusa twins and Minami according to the spoilers, and there is Masaki. I am sure he will be the one who will help her. While Mayumi and Katsuto will deal with other problems together.
If the attackers have a device that affects CADs how would Masaki be of any help? Miyuki is the only one in the group that can use magic without a CAD, so I think she'll deal with the attackers with Cocytus. Rather than Miyuki getting hurt I think that we might see anti-magician politicians using the heir of the Yotsuba using MI magic on people as a reason to impose further restrictions on magicians.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 00:31   Link #1983
Kadia

Who are the adversaries again? USNA or Gu jie's lackeys. When i read they used the device to interfere with CAD it always reminds me of the trump card of USNA which is an equipment not antinite stone/ring.

Anyway, it won't be an acceptable plot for me if the author intends to use Miyuki's predicament as a way for Masaki to prove his so- called affection/love. Btw, where is he when the attack took place? Tatsuya is away in pursue Gu Jie, whereabout the others Mayumi Katsuto?
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 00:35   Link #1984
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLS_Carnage View Post
If the attackers have a device that affects CADs how would Masaki be of any help? Miyuki is the only one in the group that can use magic without a CAD, so I think she'll deal with the attackers with Cocytus. Rather than Miyuki getting hurt I think that we might see anti-magician politicians using the heir of the Yotsuba using MI magic on people as a reason to impose further restrictions on magicians.
It's proven in Yuutousei that some magicians can cast even with Cast Jamming, I can perfectly imagine Masaki being able to do that. It doesn't have to be with a CAD too, it stops magic whether it's with a CAD or not, or Fumiya would have been able to cast Direct Pain without trouble, since MI magic can be casted without one. Miyuki also can't use Cocytus because she is acting like Tatsuya's limiter atm. I do think that she will deal with the opponents at the end of the volume but he will save her from something and/or cooperate with her eventually, if she really finds herself in danger. Tatsuya has other things to do while Mayumi is with Katsuto, there is no other option, unless Miyuki becomes a minor character in the next volume.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2015-12-14 at 00:50.
Old 2015-12-14, 00:43   Link #1985
Medivh

The one who attacked Miyuki and co. were a bunch of super religious people. They used antinite. I don't know whether gu jie is the one who ordered the attack or it is just some fanatic.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 07:05   Link #1986
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
It's proven in Yuutousei that some magicians can cast even with Cast Jamming, I can perfectly imagine Masaki being able to do that. It doesn't have to be with a CAD too, it stops magic whether it's with a CAD or not, or Fumiya would have been able to cast Direct Pain without trouble, since MI magic can be casted without one. Miyuki also can't use Cocytus because she is acting like Tatsuya's limiter atm. I do think that she will deal with the opponents at the end of the volume but he will save her from something and/or cooperate with her eventually, if she really finds herself in danger. Tatsuya has other things to do while Mayumi is with Katsuto, there is no other option, unless Miyuki becomes a minor character in the next volume.
I believe the spoiler said that Fumiya couldn't use direct pain because it requires him to be able to see the target and there was a smoke screen that he couldn't get rid of due to not being able to use his CAD.
Old 2015-12-14, 14:15   Link #1987
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLS_Carnage View Post
I believe the spoiler said that Fumiya couldn't use direct pain because it requires him to be able to see the target and there was a smoke screen that he couldn't get rid of due to not being able to use his CAD.
That was not only this. They got rid of the smoke after, what troubled him after this was the psion noise. He was able to use Direct Pain but with some troubles.
Old 2015-12-14, 14:38   Link #1988
FLS_Carnage

Quote:
That was not only this. They got rid of the smoke after, what troubled him after this was the psion noise. He was able to use Direct Pain but with some troubles.
Ok. But I still don't want Masaki to show up and save her. Miyuki is supposed to be the next head of the Yotsuba and one the strongest magicians of her generation, she should be able to handle a situation like this without needing saving. Plus it's not like we haven't seen Miyuki deal with enemies before.
Old 2015-12-16, 12:09   Link #1989
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Who are the adversaries again? USNA or Gu jie's lackeys. When i read they used the device to interfere with CAD it always reminds me of the trump card of USNA which is an equipment not antinite stone/ring.

Anyway, it won't be an acceptable plot for me if the author intends to use Miyuki's predicament as a way for Masaki to prove his so- called affection/love. Btw, where is he when the attack took place? Tatsuya is away in pursue Gu Jie, whereabout the others Mayumi Katsuto?
If Miyuki actually uses cocytus (say she can) wouldnt that raise awareness to other TMC that Yotsuba have the power to cast high level magic with no CAD? Since they cant use their CAD in that moment. It will be revealed that the Yotsuba has a magician able to use mental interference magic in that sort plus i would rather see that situation where Miyuki uses MI on people and will be a reason to impose further restrictions on magicians RATHER than her being saved by MASAKI
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 16:44   Link #1990
MRD143

I'm pretty sure the rest of the TMC already suspects the Yotsuba can cast with out a CAD. They are known to possess unique abilities unmatched by other Families.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 18:17   Link #1991
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Get ready to witness the might of our Queen!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 18:20   Link #1992
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
If Miyuki actually uses cocytus (say she can) wouldnt that raise awareness to other TMC that Yotsuba have the power to cast high level magic with no CAD? Since they cant use their CAD in that moment. It will be revealed that the Yotsuba has a magician able to use mental interference magic in that sort plus i would rather see that situation where Miyuki uses MI on people and will be a reason to impose further restrictions on magicians RATHER than her being saved by MASAKI
Casting magic without a CAD isn't that amazing. Miyuki can do it because Cocytus is her innate magic.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 22:23   Link #1993
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
The world, probably, in the vein of this paraphrased saying

Me and my sister. Me and my sister against my cousins. Me and my sister and my cousins against the world
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 04:35   Link #1994
Hk1117

Volume 19's first details are out.

Courtesy of TA.

http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-865809-6/
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 14:02   Link #1995
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
The newest translated part is interesting. First there were some politicians discussing. One of them wanted to limit the use of magic even more by for example prohibiting the use of magic for self defense. Later on, after Minoru explained what happened to that student who was attacked, Tatsuya was relieved that no one used magic excessively yet. He even went so far as to tell Miyuki not to use magic and to let Minami handle the situation until Tatsuya arrives.
There is some more but I haven't read it yet.

Anyway It maid me think about "the worst case that may not happen" sentence in the prediction. I think there are two possible outcomes of the final scene when Miyuki gets attacked: 1) she really doesn't use strong magic since she promised to do so to Tatsuya and Minami can't handle the situation since the attackers use Antinite. -> Miyuki might get hurt 2) Miyuki uses some strong spell and overpowers the Attackers -> excessive use of magic -> outcry of the public and the media -> some politicians try to prohibit the use of magic even if it's for self defense.
Since Satou opts to choose the least spectacular outcome lately it's probably the second one.
Seems like, you missed a lot of details, so I will share some details.

The discussion from the vol.18 was between Congressman Kanda, Congressman Kozke, and a newscaster during the T.V. show. They were discussing about the police's reaction towards Anti-magic demonstration in front of Magic University. Demonstrators used weapons on police force, and one of police used magic to defend himself. As a result, one of demonstrators was injured while a police only got a bruise according to Congressman, Kanda. Congressman Kouzuke stated, he is planning to pass a bill that requires a magician under the police force to get a permission from his or her superior who is not a magician. And, Kouzuke ended the conversation by pointing out that Magic University is not a place for demonstrators to enter because they normally run researches that are commissioned by the government, and Kouzuke pointed out magic is the safetest method to subdue a person without much injuries.

After Minoru shared information regarding assault cases by humanists at his school, Tatsuya was not relieved. As always, he displayed a bitter smile. Humanists who attacked students, were seriously injured. Tatsuya assumed, even if students won't get punished for their actions this time, this case may become a serious problem for the future because no one can set how much magic can be used for a self defense by magicians. Tatsuya even assumed, there may be a judge who may not accept any form of resistance (self-defense) through using magic.

Tatsuya did not tell Miyuki not to use magic. Tatsuya told Miyuki to rely on Minami until Minami cannot handle the situation because of two reasons: first, Miyuki is the heir of Yotsuba family. Second, Miyuki cannot fully control her power enough to work with Minami. Tatsuya assumes, if Miyuki uses magic to help Minami, Miyuki's magic may erode Minami's magic. Thus, Tatsuya told Miyuki not to interfere Minami until the situation gets bad enough for Miyuki to enter.

Base on my personal opinion, Miyuki will not get hurt. Tatsuya is already heading back to Tokyo from Kamakura where Chiba Toshikazu and Inagaki got caught by Gujie. So, most likely, Tatsuya will be on time. The unexpected worst situation may be due to Gujie who will turn Toshikazu and Inagaki into generators for the next volume. Who knows? Tatsuya may have a chance to save Toshikazu and Inagaki if Tatsuya did not change his direction and head to Miyuki.

Furthermore, Tatsuya can use his magic from extremely long distance by using his elemental sight. In the summer vacation side story that got released with Mahouka BD, Tatsuya saw Miyuki and his friends in danger with his elemental sight and used magic to shoot attackers. So, I doubt anyone can harm Miyuki unless attackers have a way to interrupt Tatsuya's elemental sights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
There is something else worth mentioning. Right before Miyuki is attacked there is a scene with Tatsuya. He is on a bike and suddenly gets a horrible premonition. He checks Miyuki is surroundings with his "eye" and can't find anyone yet that could threaten his sister. I can't recall that he ever had such a feeling before when Miyuki was attacked, at least the narrator didn't tell us such. So either he intuitively begins to use his "eye" to make predictions or his Yotsuba heritage kicks in once again. In both cases I doubt it's triggered by a simple situation that Miyuki can easily resolve. The attackers might be a lot more dangerous than most here are willing to believe. (I don't say she gets hurt, I just tell you that Tatsuyas help might be needed to save the day)
It was a simple bad feeling. Based on his elemental sights, no one or a group is specifically targeting Miyuki. Even if that is the case, Tatsuya is already heading back to Tokyo, so most likely Tatsuya will take care of humanists. By the way, humanists only knew Miyuki as a student president, but they noticed Izumi as a daughter of Saegusa Clan's leader. So, they may have been targeting Izumi more than Miyuki.

In vol.18, there is a scene where Saegusa Koichi and Congressman Kouzuke are meeting. Kouzuke expected Koichi to request something extreme like defending magicians' rights in this situation where magicians are being criticized. But, Koichi did not request such thing but asked Kouzuke to give an extra attention on the cases that students (high school and college) get attacked by demonstrators (humanists). Kouzuke got shocked that Koichi was planning to use students as a sacrifice to change the public opinion. After Kouzuke pointed out Koichi's intention, Koichi smiled and said, they(10MC) cannot prevent every violent actions towards magicians.

Based on my impression after reading this part, it feels like Koichi is planning to set up a situation where he can change public opinion by sacrificing young magicians (students). The attack at Minoru's school may have been staged by Koichi. Or, this attack on Miyuki's group may also be staged by Koichi. It may be shocking if he is using his daughter as a sacrificial lamb, but we will have to see in the next volume.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 14:32   Link #1996
bakato

To sum things up, Koichi's still an idiot.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 01:40   Link #1997
Chris38

Well, based on what @TrueAlchemist has said in his post ... I'm kind of suspecting that the author is going to use Miyuki's current situation at the end of volume 18, to portray that Miyuki certainly is qualified to be the future head of the Yotsuba clan and that she hasn't gained that position just to 'control' Tatsuya and prevent him from leaving the clan.

Basically I believe that Miyuki is going to crubstomp those humanists and make them realize the terror of trying to attack someone that belongs to the Yotsuba clan...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 03:52   Link #1998
Jirachier

She might curbstomp the humanists but it doesn't change the fact that the only reason she got to be heir is to tie Tatsuya to the clan.
Old 2016-01-09, 07:25   Link #1999
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Volume 19's first details are out.

Courtesy of TA.

http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-865809-6/
It's pretty much the same as the synopsis given at the end of Vol 18.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 07:27   Link #2000
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
She might curbstomp the humanists but it doesn't change the fact that the only reason she got to be heir is to tie Tatsuya to the clan.
Not only that. She has been chosen because she has the highest magic power among the candidates.

Tags
political intrigue