Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-05-11, 20:05   Link #281
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Looks like NSW gets a Takes of ... title soon. Source : siliconera.com
It would be funny, if it was a Tales of Zestria: Producer's Uncut version.
If they were smart, they'd stop trying to make Zestiria a thing, ignore it (but don't pretend it didn't happen, as that'd just annoy people more), and push Berseria to the front of marketing until the next title comes out.

That or VesP3ria. Just something to make people remember Tales can be a good series.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 22:38   Link #282
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If they were smart, they'd stop trying to make Zestiria a thing, ignore it (but don't pretend it didn't happen, as that'd just annoy people more), and push Berseria to the front of marketing until the next title comes out.

That or VesP3ria. Just something to make people remember Tales can be a good series.
They haven't been making Zestiria a thing aside from the anime which was meant bridge the story with Berseria.

Considering the Tales studio has been smaller and more budget than ever, I don't think they have the luxury of doing a remake unless they willingly do so over making an entirely new Tales game (which would be a mistake, even for Vesperia)
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 14:41   Link #283
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They haven't been making Zestiria a thing aside from the anime which was meant bridge the story with Berseria.

Considering the Tales studio has been smaller and more budget than ever, I don't think they have the luxury of doing a remake unless they willingly do so over making an entirely new Tales game (which would be a mistake, even for Vesperia)
They could outsource a port of Vesperia to some studio like Bluepoint or something like that. It would be a way to get something out without impacting the work of the main tales team.
Old 2017-05-12, 15:04   Link #284
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
They could outsource a port of Vesperia to some studio like Bluepoint or something like that. It would be a way to get something out without impacting the work of the main tales team.
They can, but that's still not free. Considering how small the Tales studio and their budget are now, can they really afford to fund two games at once?

I doubt it.

And given that Bamco said they are going to announce a new Tales game before the fiscal year ends, I think it would be wiser to release a new Tales game than a Vesperia port. The only question would be whether it is going to be exclusive to Switch (which would be big news), or just multiplatform (which is not news, given they should have been working on a new game since they finished Berseria)
Old 2017-05-12, 15:11   Link #285
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
They can, but that's still not free. Considering how small the Tales studio and their budget are now, can they really afford to fund two games at once?

I doubt it.

And given that Bamco said they are going to announce a new Tales game before the fiscal year ends, I think it would be wiser to release a new Tales game than a Vesperia port. The only question would be whether it is going to be exclusive to Switch (which would be big news), or just multiplatform (which is not news, given they should have been working on a new game since they finished Berseria)
It depends on how long development on the new game takes. If Bamco thought that development would take too long it would be a smart move to pay for said port to get some hype and sales going in between releases.

I'm not saying its going to happen, in fact I highly doubt it since development for a new Tales game is probably well on track, but this is becoming a common tactic for most publishers nowadays. Just look at the torrent of remasters that the PS4 got in its early days while developers scrambled to update and build new engines to run on the system.
Old 2017-05-12, 22:22   Link #286
GDB

Quote:
They can, but that's still not free.
No game would be free. And it's not like VesP3ria is some SNES game that needs a remake or anything. Just put it through a standard remaster (shouldn't be hard some emulators do it all the time with ease), translate the last 30% of the game, and plop it on the Switch.

Quote:
So you expect them to announce AND release it in the same year? That's some high expectations. Especially considering Berseria came out 14 months after announcement, Zestiria 13 months after announcement, and Xillia 13 months after announcement. Only Xillia 2 in recent history has been faster, with 4 months.
Old 2017-05-13, 03:16   Link #287
Sides

Quote:

I doubt it.

Tales studio doesn't exist anymore, games are now being made by namco bandai studio. So bascially they have now a bigger budget, if you want it see it that way, and a lot of men power.
NSW is pretty much a off the shelf hardware by nvidia, so anything that comes from a thrid party, expect at least a PC/Steam version.
I remember reading somewhere that nintendo doesn't allows late raw ports to the switch, it has to be either enhanced or feature more content. Good example are Disgaea 5, complete version with all DLC, or I am Sestuna, which has time exclusive multiplayer mode. For ports/versions of games that get released at the same time with other systems, this policy doesn't apply. Obviously there are ways around it, see Puyo Puyo Tetris, a game that was released with a late overseas port for PS4 and NSW, but features nothing extra besides HD rumble! for the NSW version.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 08:47   Link #288
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
NSW is pretty much a off the shelf hardware by nvidia, so anything that comes from a thrid party, expect at least a PC/Steam version.
It's not a problem of compatibility. Pretty much all consoles this generation have PC architecture anyway, so it's just a matter of adjusting the settings and switching between account systems.

The question is more of what kind of contract the third parties have with Nintendo. If Nintendo asks for it, they can have games developed exclusively for the Switch, much like how Sega entered that 3 exclusive Sonic game deal for the Wii U.
Old 2017-05-29, 18:43   Link #289
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So I just read something on gaf where they made a good point. Whenever they offer a Switch revision, especially something with a better battery, we may be able to get it for a pretty good price. The speculation is that the revised hardware could be offered with the joycons plus dock and cables, and possibly, perhaps, a stand alone tablet version SKU for those who already own a Switch and have those peripherals.

If such speculation turns out to be true, we could find ourselves upgrading to the new tablet for below $200, considering Switch will have had a price drop by then and the extra tech isn't packaged in.
Old 2017-05-31, 19:12   Link #290
GDB

Was the Wii U ever offered without the tablet? Or really any console without the cables/controllers?
Old 2017-06-01, 12:48   Link #291
Dextro
He Without a Title

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The DF team speculated a bit based on rumors and Nintendo patents on what might happen and their theory is that Nintendo may release a dock with an external CPU/GPU to increase horspower when docked. Either that or a potential move to the Tegra X2 for a New 3DS style upgrade while retaining full backwards compatibility.

Personaly I wouldn't be surprised to see the X2 theory come to pass. Nintendo has already done it 3 times in the past (DSi, New 3DS and New 2DS) so there's precedent while the expanded dock, while cool sounding, has plenty of precedent for failure (32X comes to mind) and I don't think even Nintendo can make that work.
Old 2017-06-01, 17:36   Link #292
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The dock right now sells for $89 in the US. I can't imagine how much it'll be when there's components inside it that'll boost performance lol.

I think moving to Tegra X2 sounds more practical as well.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 05:13   Link #293
Keila

Nintendo Online services @ $20US/year.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 03:25   Link #294
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Sorry for being lazy, but comparisons with the other two companies?

On other notes, for me, I'm looking for the right time to buy the system. I just bought my 4th 3DS ($200), so I want to take my time buying the Switch. I think I can ignore Splatoon 2 for now as there is way too much to do on the 3DS at the moment (of course must be bought eventually), but I think I will be most tempted to get the console once Xenoblade 2 comes out.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 12:01   Link #295
Shadow5YA

Both PS+ and Xbox Live Gold are $60/year.
Old 2017-06-04, 05:10   Link #296
Sacredus

But they give you "kinda new" games, not NES tittles.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 12:59   Link #297
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Both PS+ and Xbox Live Gold are $60/year.
Hmm, yeah, sounds like the price difference I expected. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
But they give you "kinda new" games, not NES tittles.
1. NES games are awesome
2. "But"
-A. No one put the $60/year in a negative context
-B. But apparently mentioning it was enough to elicit a defensive response
--BA. Be prouder of how you spend your money

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-04, 13:53   Link #298
Shadow5YA

Online multiplayer also won't be charged until 2018.
Old 2017-06-04, 19:17   Link #299
sayf82

what do you think of ARMS?
if they add guest-star manga fighter i would want him
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 15:58   Link #300
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Switch has some good games coming out later this year. I plan on getting Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Rime.

I may also get Sonic Mania and Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I may get Skyrim, too.