AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-14, 15:38   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch, Wii U)

It looks great. I think I'll get an NX at launch and pick this up. I bet the NX version will be significantly better than the Wii U version too. I'm gonna guess it'll be 1080p and 60 fps.
Old 2016-06-14, 16:12   Link #2
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lord, this game looks ambitious.
Old 2016-06-14, 16:21   Link #3
MCAL

Indeed it is. I really like what I see so far too.

But honestly all you need to know this game is good is that you can kill enemies with their decapitated arms. And a game that can let you do that cannot be bad. Its against the law or something.

Oh yeah, and Link can jump on command now.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 16:22   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I had to force myself to not touch myself when watching the trailer.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 17:58   Link #5
cyberdemon

wow that Master sword looks REALLY beat up
Old 2016-06-14, 19:54   Link #6
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
wow that Master sword looks REALLY beat up
I get the feeling it'll be about reforging it to fix it or something. Making it a end game weapon.
Old 2016-06-14, 20:04   Link #7
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Not gonna lie: I first read the title as "The Legend of Zelda Breath". I didn't realize Zelda's breath was that bad. Does she need some Tic-Tacs or something?
Old 2016-06-14, 23:44   Link #8
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Some screenshots:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233899

Although, as people have said in that thread, the game looks better in motion.

The screenshots and videos are from the Wii U version, which is 720p. Really impressive Wii U can do a game looking like this, but the NX version will no doubt be better, and I bet it will be 1080p and 60 fps.
Old 2016-06-15, 20:45   Link #9
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Zelda BotW is the most talked about game on social media from June 12-14.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234033

And look at that, it is the most popular game on social media by a good margin.

I'm feeling more optimistic about NX. Maybe Nintendo can recover pretty well with NX.

It seems that people are mostly positive in their views of the game, too.
Old 2016-06-15, 23:45   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Zelda BotW is the most talked about game on social media from June 12-14.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234033

And look at that, it is the most popular game on social media by a good margin.

I'm feeling more optimistic about NX. Maybe Nintendo can recover pretty well with NX.

It seems that people are mostly positive in their views of the game, too.
That depends on whether they can deliver any other ambitious games on the NX.

Zelda is well-hyped in the west and all, but it's not going to help when its sales are going to be split with the Wii U version.

They need to deliver a full console Metroid game, 3D orchestrated Mario game like Sunshine/Galaxy 1, etc. if they want to keep the world's attention.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 11:38   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Zelda is well-hyped in the west and all, but it's not going to help when its sales are going to be split with the Wii U version.

They need to deliver a full console Metroid game, 3D orchestrated Mario game like Sunshine/Galaxy 1, etc. if they want to keep the world's attention.
There's dragon quest XI which is guaranteed to sell a ton at least in Japan even if it's being split between three consoles lol.

This new game really looks so amazing. I hope it's as incredible as it looks. This should be my favorite zelda game even more so than skyward sword. God, I just love the feel of it.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 14:03   Link #12
Phaz0n

Yay, a Skyrim/Witcher Zelda game -_-

Can't wait to take a hookshot to the knee

Phaz0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 14:04   Link #13
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

NX was pushed back to spring 2017. Nintendo wants to have a strong launch line-up, as well as a steady flow of quality titles from launch/launch window onward until fall and holiday season.
Old 2016-06-16, 16:20   Link #14
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
NX was pushed back to spring 2017. Nintendo wants to have a strong launch line-up, as well as a steady flow of quality titles from launch/launch window onward until fall and holiday season.
I'm well aware of what they said.

Considering what happened to Paper Mario and Metroid (and the Wii U in general), I can't help but be skeptical.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 16:30   Link #15
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

They said that the game will have 100+ dungeons, although I'm not sure if they meant 100 of these small temple dungeons for spirit orbs or full size water temples.

Regardless the game looks gorgeous.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 16:36   Link #16
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
They said that the game will have 100+ dungeons, although I'm not sure if they meant 100 of these small temple dungeons for spirit orbs or full size water temples.

Regardless the game looks gorgeous.

100 'mini-dungeons', 4 big, elaborate dungeons.
Old 2016-06-16, 17:04   Link #17
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaz0n View Post
Yay, a Skyrim/Witcher Zelda game -_-

Can't wait to take a hookshot to the knee
Pretty much this.

As much as I like LoZ and want to play this damn game I feel like people (especially the Nintendo fanboys) are overreacting a bit when it comes to this game. Now, I am not trying to discredit this game or anything everything theybjave shown so far is pretty awesome but it is the fact that (as with every other Nintendo game) there are people acting as if this is the first time that this kind of game (open world) has been done and that it is "innovative" just because it comes from a Nintendo franchise. Meanwhile, we have the cynics saying that "every game Sony showed off looks like The Last of Us" (which 1) is a pretty stupid thing to say and 2) since when is that a bad thing?) just because it is more cinematic than the old game (which might I remind you everyone was starting to complain about by the time Ascension released). In the end I am just tired of people either oraising or giving Nintendo a pass just because they are Nintendo, is it ok to be excited for the new LoZ? Heck yes, it looks awesome, but let's not act like it's the first and last game to do this exact same kind of gameplay. Now excuse me while I go plan out my next few years around the PS4 and NX or WiiU if the NX ends up being a dissapointment.
Old 2016-06-16, 17:11   Link #18
GDB

I don't recall Skyrim or the like having any sort of real puzzles or boss battles. Zelda should. So... yeah.

And who cares whether people praise it more than they should? Other people bash it more than they should. Just ignore the extremes.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 18:49   Link #19
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

So enough of that, let's get to the most important issue: when is it on the timeline, and which branch (if any)?

From what I've seen, I think it's in the Wind Waker branch, but unlike everyone else I've seen discuss it, I'm going to put it not after some long-dried out Wind Waker, but before. This is the "fallen Hyrule" that ends up getting deluged, and our Link is none other than the true Hero of Time from Ocarina, resurrected in one last-ditch attempt to defeat Ganon before they have to dump the whole thing in the ocean...or dump the ocean in the whole thing...or...whatever...

Should be interesting if that is the case, since savvy players will realize that means they're destined to "lose".

Thoughts?
Old 2016-06-16, 19:06   Link #20
GDB

At the very least, we know it's after Ocarina because they reference Ganon. And apparently this Link has been asleep for a hundred years, so it's likely one we've seen before.

But Wind Waker's branch is the one where Link no longer "exists" because he returned to the past. So it shouldn't be possible (assuming they don't bring any shenanigans into it) for this Link to be the Ocarina one if it's that branch. I can't find any other game in that time line between OoT and WW, so if it were actually one we knew that branch isn't possible. Though again, they could either just say it's Ocarina Link after some Majora shenanigans or that there's an untold tale between.

I dunno, I'm rambling at this point. I feel like post-WW is the easy answer with the info we have, but we don't have enough info yet.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote