AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 16:12   Link #1361
Mangaka-chan

Woh, this series is seriously starting to remind me of LotR.

Spoiler for More than coincidence?:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 19:50   Link #1362
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep21:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:10   Link #1363
xizro345
King's Justice

Ok it's assured they completely cut a part of the game, shame because aside a few odd quirks I liked it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 04:17   Link #1364
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2009-08-25, 11:05   Link #1365
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 21
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:47   Link #1366
Kanish

Spoiler for Taliesin:
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:20   Link #1367
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Maybe it's all the flashbacks for 1.5 episodes or me having too much work lately ...

... but when did Arawn and co. meet those giants hammerer? Last time I remember them on-screen, it was night and while they were about to rest they were wondering where the Taliesin was
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:42   Link #1368
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... but when did Arawn and co. meet those giants hammerer? Last time I remember them on-screen, it was night and while they were about to rest they were wondering where the Taliesin was
Their mission in the mountains was to meet with them, so skipping out their meet-up just saves some time i guess. It's not like it's a must see scene, but yeah i will agree it was a little off how they handled the change in scene.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:58   Link #1369
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Their mission in the mountains was to meet with them, so skipping out their meet-up just saves some time i guess. It's not like it's a must see scene, but yeah i will agree it was a little off how they handled the change in scene.
A little? dude, we were suddenly thrown in the middle of a battle with some things (orcs?) and in the background there were giant versions of WHFB Dwarf Hammerers nailing some stuff on the ice sheet, while some instant runes were flickering ... and then they act conveniently as rides back home

Then there is this huge army marching of more somethings (looked like DL draconians) that should spell doom, but is again conveniently buried under an avalanche from a divine spell cast by the next chap, while last time nearly killed Arawn, who by the way used it to turn undead instead of controlling weather.

Excuse my confusion, probably I have either not paid enough attention or haven't played enough D&D/WHFB lately
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 15:17   Link #1370
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They already explained about the large army, and what they need to do with the giant orcs. It's not totally random.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:51   Link #1371
azziz

[Q

Then there is this huge army marching of more somethings (looked like DL draconians) that should spell doom, but is again conveniently buried under an avalanche from a divine spell cast by the next chap, while last time nearly killed Arawn, who by the way used it to turn undead instead of controlling weather.

Excuse my confusion, probably I have either not paid enough attention or haven't played enough D&D/WHFB lately [/QUOTE]

the "song of origin" was never used by Arawn but by Merlin in order to put and end to the age ice and save mankind from extinction(they didn't have fire,remember), so its use by Taliesin is logical.
And no there is no other "12th" spirit,they are now only 11-only watos can use the song of creation and make a new one,as he did with arawn,that's why it's called "tabbou".
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:10   Link #1372
LKK

Watching Arawn interact with Primula reminded me of something I first noticed during the scene where Ermin couldn't sleep because the insects weren't singing. Arawn has an unexpectedly soft paternal side to him. It's quite sweet to watch, and given his usual sarcastic exterior, it's also a little surprising.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:15   Link #1373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Watching Arawn interact with Primula reminded me of something I first noticed during the scene where Ermin couldn't sleep because the insects weren't singing. Arawn has an unexpectedly soft paternal side to him. It's quite sweet to watch, and given his usual sarcastic exterior, it's also a little surprising.
It's also quite nice in the respect that this is the first time Arawn opened up and shared this side with someone, and it's a side that's always stayed strong as we've seen in scenes like the one you just mentioned.

He truly is a well written character in that regard.
Old 2009-08-26, 00:02   Link #1374
xizro345
King's Justice

Comparisons (in general since I've been away for a while). This part is fairly long and I'm posting it since I'm sure they removed it.

Spoiler for PS3 anime comparison:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 14:09   Link #1375
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
why is it always always the characters i freakin like
Old 2009-08-26, 15:58   Link #1376
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
why is it always always the characters i freakin like
Ive been asking that question alot lately.

What I noticed the most in this epi was Arawn change in tone from epi 20. His voice was light and naive (since he was too) but when he was back infront of the 11 and telling them he was leaving you got the sarcastic tone that we hear daily from him. I liked that.

Spoiler for just in case:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 16:20   Link #1377
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ive been asking that question alot lately.

What I noticed the most in this epi was Arawn change in tone from epi 20. His voice was light and naive (since he was too) but when he was back infront of the 11 and telling them he was leaving you got the sarcastic tone that we hear daily from him. I liked that.

Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler for i agree:
Old 2009-08-28, 11:45   Link #1378
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
i also do not remember they show how Arawn and gang meet the giants

hope the last few eps will not be too rush (skipping scenes) in order to end the story...

also what is the song of origin? and how come Taliesin can use it?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 23:46   Link #1379
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i also do not remember they show how Arawn and gang meet the giants

hope the last few eps will not be too rush (skipping scenes) in order to end the story...

also what is the song of origin? and how come Taliesin can use it?
It seems that anyone can use it as long they know how to sing it. However, the scale of the effects depends on the caster's ability. Talesin can only do a small area, while mryydin does it on the whole world.
Old 2009-08-29, 12:49   Link #1380
LKK

You know, the more I think about Taliesin's death, the less I think Taliesin is dead.

Warning: Pure speculation ahead.

So, on what basis do I think Taliesin isn't dead?

1) As they parted, Taliesin told the little dragon to go find his family. Well, it's pretty obvious the little dragon thinks a lot of Taliesin. (Possible imprinting?) The dragon probably thinks of Taliesin as his family. Furthermore, what's the point of that scene or even the little dragon himself if he doesn't have a role to play beyond that scene?

2) The OP shows dragons flying in the sky. Dragons. As in more than 1 dragon. One of the 2 dragons may be Ogam. (Although I think the dragons in the OP don't really look like Ogam's dragon form we saw earlier.) But that still leaves the identity of the second dragon unknown. How many other living dragons have we seen so far? Just the little one Taliesin found.

3) The OP shows us scenes either literal or symbolic from throughout the storyline in chronological order more or less. (The OP is highly spoilerish for people who haven't played the game.) This shot has always caught my eye.

I don't believe we've seen a scene yet that could be associated with this screen shot.

So here's how my theory goes. Taliesin survives the fall through the ice but may be wounded. He's found by the little dragon. Together, they search for a way out. In doing so, they come upon some living adult dragon(s). (Or maybe, the little dragon finds the adult(s) first and together they find Taliesin. But I lean to the little dragon finding Taliesin before the adult one(s).) Knowing that Arawn is looking for allies and possibly knowing that Ogam is a dragon too, Taliesin convinces the adult dragon(s) to join up with Arawn's forces. I'm betting they arrive just before the final battle leading to the scene in the OP.

I could be totally off with my speculation. It's happened before. Too many times for my pride to like to admit. But this time, I really hope I'm right because I don't like the idea of Taliesin dying.

Speaking of the OP and spoiler shots, I'm curious to know who or what are attached to those wings that flank Riannon near the end of the OP. However, as much as I want to know, if you do know, I do NOT want to you to tell me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2009-08-29 at 12:52. Reason: corrections here and there
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox