AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-06, 22:08   Link #19361
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Aurion: So was that MRR experiment, or Project SRX...
Now that you think about it, Colwell Industries also has the expertise to create the Rescue machines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: But of course! :eyeglint:

I was thinking of making a Tachibana OC for that, but I decided that the Braummuhls made some of their dough by exporting manga and anime throughout the multiverse while sponsoring Celestial Being to ship their goods at Warp speed.

In fact, Asagi could've special-ordered all of the Super Sentai series from a Braummuhl's video rental branch...

*ahem*

Then again, it's only a small part of the enterprise; their main seller is weapons and technology with their main posterboy being "Batman".

So in fact, Asagi relies on the Braunmuhl's for her Super Sentai fix?

Asagi: Like I'd ever buy anything from that evil overpriced merchant scum!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sees Gekiranger vs. Boukenger special DVD Limited Special Edition Box sparking on shelf*

Must.... resist.... NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'LL TAKE THEM ALL PLEASE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Kha: I think we all could've guessed why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
She's not interested in wearing all that at once, but the function is there.
Would like to see a... PROPER demonstration in the future

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: U... Uso...
Yes... the Aura's effects stick long after exposure... like a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
I certainly hope she doesn't have a evil Haro...
Well, she does own a different kind of ball-like object...

*hears pleasurable moaning*

Matsuri: *hides Scrying Ball*

I-i-it's not what it sounds like!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
"Batman" needed to get his gear from somewhere, especially when he was starting out. Basically the first "Batsuit", the "Batmobile" and for A's Destiny, the "Batcycle"...

But you do know who I'm really talking about right?
Turing: "Doing anymore spelunking, Cleric?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Himawari: Ah sou... Haha...
Asagi: But I really wonder, how come both of you look alike, but are practically polar opposites.
Hima: Eh- Eto... Can we not talk about this now...?

Mayuri: Hoho... Council President has a secret.
Hima: Eh?
Julie: Masaka... Allie is--
Hima: (clamps down on Julie) Chotto! I don't like where this is going, and it's DEFINITELY not what you girls are thinking of!!!
Oh ho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
He's pretty young, about 14. The one still pretty much in training, but he has completed most of his basic training, so all that's left is grinding in the Plaguelands.
Julie: He's too young for you...
Asagi: Dat-dat-Datte...

HE HAS SUPER SENTAI TAMASHII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*is restrained*

Mayura: Oh no, you're not going shotacon on us now!!!!!

Asagi: I just want to see him try out the Kibaranger suit!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
That's actually taken from the Nakajima sisters, who were passively upgraded while I was Rebuilding them.

And so both girls have drills mounted on external knuckle armor that can be fired off without losing the whole lower arm , and later Subaru's Limiter Break will see her in full Gingasic glory.

Although the description sounds less like GaoGaiGar and more like

GRAVITON TORNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Carym: *more giggles* :hehe:
Schach: W- We all have embarrassing moments as children, so let's not bring it up...
Acous: But its all buried und--

*Tonfa + T-Link cutter >>>> Acous*
Asagi: *shakes Acous*

Buried under where?! WHEEEEEEEEEERE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
"The unnamed terrorist group responsible for the attack on Sir Bathel's estate has struck again, this time protecting the Infinite Library from a secret IBA assault. While their motivations are still unknown, two units successfully intercepted a missile aimed--"

Asagi: HEEEEH!!! MATTE! We only ju--

"Sorry for the interruption again, but it appears that the terrorist group has released a video announcement..."

It's official now...

Chao: They have made their move...
Gwen: The Gundam Meisters...

Creator-san: Gwen, aren't you a few years too early to be looking like Sumeragi?

Mai: ... *cough*

... I don't mind at all...

Creator-san: Oh boy...

Quote:
I'm trying to get Arisa and Suzuka off-planet and I decided that magic can let people travel, I'm sure super-riches coupled with knowledge of the TSAB can grease their way through the Movements Investigation Bureau (MIB).
*Cue MIB theme*

Quote:
Another sentai gets interrupted. That's Mai-chan for you.
Smith: Mai doesn't believe in Super Sentai Soul

Asagi: I swear on my soul!!!! Soon, you shall become a BELIEVER!!!!!!!

*Mai >>>> Asagi*

Mai: ...

Urusai.

Quote:
Count me in... I did not know my folly until I watched Super Sentai for myself.

Asagi: Ne? NE!!!!

KOKORO TOMOYO!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Arisa: Artei to-
Artei: Arisa no-

~~~~~~ BELKA NETWORK ~~~~~~

Arisa: Hai hai! We ran out of time the last time, so this week we'll cut through the chase and bring Asagi in right away.

Asagi: ATSUKI BOUKEN--
Artei: So on and so forth. You do want your airtime right?
Asagi: At least let me finish.
Arisa: Ah well... I must admit this background song really fits you to the T, ne?
Asagi: Deshou? The BURNING SPIRITS of SUPER SENTAI just overflows from the notes and makes you just want to jump up and make a stand for the world!
Artei: Yup enough heat to scorch my foe gras.
Asagi: Hmph! The ignition of spirit brings the sweet scent of victory over scum like you! Hwah!

(sentai explosion as Asagi struck to her power-up pose)

Artei: heh. I can certainly smell something burning...
Arisa: Ah?! Asagi-san! Your lucky shirt!
Asagi: A- EEEEEH?! ATSUIATSUIATSUIATSUI... (swats herself with Arisa's help.)
Artei: That's the Burning Adventurer for you. We'll bring in more Belkarengers next time, so until then!

~~~~~~ Curtains ~~~~~~
Julie: She definitely lives up to her namesake.
Mayura: Asagi, you alright?

Asagi: KITTO DAIJOBU DA!!! The Feelings of all my friends are in these lucky items!!!! I can never be harmed!!!!!

ALSO!!!!!

Now I have shared in the Burning Pain of my BELOVED Satoru-sama!!!!

Julie: Yup, she's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
First try on a OC, it took me longer than I expected.

Spoiler for Foreword:

Spoiler for Character Data:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Generic character information:
A Shadow-user? Now THAT's rare, even here in OC. And it fits well with his intentionally low-profile personality Despite his low-key nature, he could be very useful in a lot of OC situations here, especially in regards to shady dealings

Nice first OC here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
A big girl, with a big heart, a big temper, big passion for Sentai, big aspiration with Daibouken... With a princess-dere mode?!

Good work, Lowe!!! It's been a while since any female OC got a reaction from me!
Thanks, and yep everything about her is BIG...

Alright, that didn't come out too well

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
BTW, here's your request.

Gaoking Sword and Shield
Gaohunter (my fave)
Tenkuujin
Gouraijin
Sempuujin

GouraiSempuujin

GouraiSempuujin Sword and Shield

TenkuuGouraiSempuujin!!!

How's THAT for a mech battle?!?! With just two groups at that!

Mayura: GAOHUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie: SHURIKENGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Asagi: "I knew this would happen... because it's a special program"

Ultimate Fourth Wall Breaker FTW!!!!!!

Quote:
Turing?
... Don't we need a cute loli for that role?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
XDDD I love this character. Sounds like a giant ball of energy .
As she should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
XDDD How sexy :3 .
Vivio: "...not gonna happen."
Syn: "Oh come on~"
Vivio: *blushing* "S-SYN!!!"
Syn: "Ahaha~ Easy to tease as ever, V."
*wipes blood off nose*

Melike

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

... Or maybe she's serious.

Let the mayhem begin.
WANT

*runs faster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Ryotaro: Some say I'm pretty close to that...

Quote:
So I guess that means the last 50% of Asuka is 100% pure...cuteness?

*runs*
Obviously

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Admiral Janeway was just too awesome NOT to use .
If you ask me, Seven would've been a better choice...

*runs from the Borg*

Quote:
He doesn't emerge, he ARRIVES . And yes...a meeting needs to be...arranged *Gendo Pose*
SANJOU!!!!!

Quote:
Oh...and a little sample of what Ryotaro can do:

Quote:
Well, as long as you have enough Pylons...
You must construct additional pylons

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Spoiler for Conversation with my OCs:
What the hell is happening here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?

*Passes by a gondola with three undines wearing three different uniforms- really fast*

Koraaa~

Aika-chan...

Dekkai urusai desu~

MOST WANTED

Shouldn't that be "Hohe" for A**** there?

*rows faster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*whistles* Whoa. Just... whoa. Muchly crack... but enjoyable nontheless. ^___^
And this crack is here to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
Naomi: "Yes! What do they have that I don't which gives them those huge busts?!?!"
Franz: "I personally think it's psychological repression due to that time we nearly died together almost a year after you joined us..."
So her 'symptom' is psychosomatic eh?

Quote:
... I'll just nod and preted to know what that means.
Hard Hat Area, as in the the construction sites

Quote:

Quote:
Guess it's time I start my own division...

Designation: Division 66, NERV

Affiliation: TSAB Ground Forces

Founded: May MC 071

Commander: Colonel Kouzou Fuyutsuki

HQ Location: Cranagan, Mid-Childa

Equipment: 1x XI Class Warship Longinus, 2x JF-700 Helicopter

Function: Locate, secure, and neutralize rogue Lost Logia/Relics within Mid-Childa as well as high-threat Lost Logia/Relics on other worlds.

History: Division 66 was founded in May MC 071 shortly after the airport disaster. Although it had been proposed just a month prior, the proximity and scale of the Lost Logia/Relic airport incident made it clear to the TSAB council that an organization would be necessary to police local threats to avoid another disaster. The original proposal was drafted and backed by Lt. General Regius Gaiz and as such is under the direct control of the TSAB Ground Forces. This also limited the range of movement of the organization to Mid-Childa, although a clause was later added to allow their jurisdiction to reach to other worlds should there be a potential high-level threat.

The overall division is quite small due to its specialized objectives. They occupy a single 2-story structure just outside the main TSAB Ground Forces HQ with a pair of hangers for the helicopters and a single training structure in the rear. As of their founding, the main forward forces consist of 1st LT. Shamsel Nagisa and 2nd LT. Ryotaro Nogami. Some questioned the use of an experimental system for such an organization, but they were all quickly dismissed by Lt. Gen. Gaiz saying that it was a proven system he had investigated himself and worthy of such a roll.

Despite the intentions of the division, there were several rumors questioning its founding. One sprung from the fact that, after being initially set aside by the Council as not a priority, the airport disaster occurred and practically paved the way for its rushed approval. Second was on the backer, Lt. Gen. Gaiz. Rumors already existed of his dislike for the Navy as well as of the young Hayate Yagami. Many found it odd for him to propose such a group when word spread of Hayate contemplating a similar division of her own.
Regiuz's competing answer to RF6? Seems he really is much shadier than he already is

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-06, 22:18   Link #19362
Aaron008R

Quote:
Carym: *more giggles* :hehe:
Schach: W- We all have embarrassing moments as children, so let's not bring it up...
Acous: But its all buried und--

*Tonfa + T-Link cutter >>>> Acous*

What's this about?

Quote:
Arisa: Artei to-
Artei: Arisa no-

~~~~~~ BELKA NETWORK ~~~~~~

Arisa: Hai hai! We ran out of time the last time, so this week we'll cut through the chase and bring Asagi in right away.

Asagi: ATSUKI BOUKEN--
Artei: So on and so forth. You do want your airtime right?
Asagi: At least let me finish.
Arisa: Ah well... I must admit this background song really fits you to the T, ne?
Asagi: Deshou? The BURNING SPIRITS of SUPER SENTAI just overflows from the notes and makes you just want to jump up and make a stand for the world!
Artei: Yup enough heat to scorch my foe gras.
Asagi: Hmph! The ignition of spirit brings the sweet scent of victory over scum like you! Hwah!

(sentai explosion as Asagi struck to her power-up pose)

Artei: heh. I can certainly smell something burning...
Arisa: Ah?! Asagi-san! Your lucky shirt!
Asagi: A- EEEEEH?! ATSUIATSUIATSUIATSUI... (swats herself with Arisa's help.)
Artei: That's the Burning Adventurer for you. We'll bring in more Belkarengers next time, so until then!

~~~~~~ Curtains ~~~~~~
You sure have been making it a point of spoiling Asagi's fun...

Quote:

Spoiler for Foreword:

Spoiler for Pic:

Not bad.
The concept is solid. There aren't really anything that would warrant scepticsm. Though I'm most curious about your system using shadows.

Overall nice job!

Quote:
XDDD How sexy :3 .
Vivio: "...not gonna happen."
Syn: "Oh come on~"
Vivio: *blushing* "S-SYN!!!"
Syn: "Ahaha~ Easy to tease as ever, V."
Now THIS is how an innuendo-ish yuri couple should go!

Quote:
Hmm, Syn loves to backtalk, but I can't see them have intelectual conversations of Tesla and Aurion's level.

This requires a bit more thought.
When I find a chance, it's conversation time again!

But for now, I'm waiting for PhonixFlare's updates for now for a Aurion and Teana scene in GuardianS.

Quote:
... Or maybe she's serious.

Let the mayhem begin.

Quote:
Perhaps...or maybe not...
Come to think of it, there are other quotes for the other forms too...

Quote:
Oh...and a little sample of what Ryotaro can do:

Awesome work from Takeru Satoh there. He's an AWESOME actor, taking on multiple personas (SEVEN in total) and appearing like a completely different person each and every time.

Quote:
I queried the mod in question, explaining that the posts were on-topic in the context of OC and that we desperately rely on TK's haxbusting; White Manju Bun replied to me that someone reported TK's posts as flaming, and the mods agreed it was flaming. White Manju Bun's interpretation of off-topic apparently stemmed from an unfamiliarity with OC, which I cleared up about, but remained adamant that it was a joint moderation team decision to delete the posts as they were flames. Which I feel is a great pity.
Damn. That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Gotcha. Though personally I'm trying not to make it a Lost Logia. We already have quite a lot of those.
You could make a new system altogether. Since they did imply several more systems of magic in the Nanohaverse. Artificers, anyone?

Quote:
Actually, the "Amen" part came from Judaism instead of Christianity. My take on the Belkan belief system (which may or may not be related to its magical system, but will definitely have an impact) is based on Judaism (every branch of it, including Humanistic). IIRC the Jews have been using "Amen" long before the Christians do (though it's the congregation that says "amen" as a way of affirming the person leading the prayer, like maybe Aaron saying "May Hayate be unshafted in the next Nanoha installment, if any", and the rest of us go "Amen").
But still.. The theme's Norse...

Quote:
Err, nonethless it's true that all this doesn't fits in the Norse theme, but unfortunately it was the best I could come up with for a trigger that has a "climatic" feel to it .
There might be some Norse terms that might work. I'll see if I can help later.

Quote:
The Timebomb should be available, but not to Hayate. The Black Hole maybe, since it seems to fit the Queen of the Night Sky theme. Maybe something similar to Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharigan (though that itself is pretty haxxed too imho, despite the side effects).
As for me, I'm giving her some more support and psuedo-summon spells.
Here're some samples...
Spoiler for spells:

Whiffy...

Quote:
Solid, it is indeed. Also, as it is an exact copy of Hayate, its abilities and specialties will be thus be similar. So don't expect it to be good in melee like the Knights.

The Doppelganger will have a timer that is influenced by the temporary Linker Core that fuels its existence (well, think it as a battery, Duracell or Energizer perhaps). Once the battery life is out, the Doppelganger goes poof. Also, there's an cooldown timer that prevent Hayate from spamming Doppelgangers on and on.

Come to think of it, this thus bring forth the question whether the timer will also be influenced by how much power the Doppelganger is exerting in battle. Hmm, this could be very important.

How about giving the Doppelganger the ability to go your proposed "
Valkyrie-mode"
to make up for the lack of melee capability?

Quote:
Also I don't like the idea of a one-woman world destroyer. No doubt I have mulled over characters that can destroy cities with a wave of their hands, but I insist, amongst other conditions, only if they are not, or no longer are, humans. Hayate, for all the haxx I (and the rest of us) come up with, is still human and I fully intend to keep her within human limitations. Even Superman has his limits, and Hayate is clearly not Superman.

Well said, buddy!

Quote:
Hmm, I agree. In any case, Planet Cracker (if it somehow makes its way into plot proper) will be something similar to what Kuzu-ryusen is in Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu, a byproduct that leads to her ultimate spell. Whatever that may be.
Though that might call for a vast difference in her ultimate and Planet Cracker since the way Amakekiru Ryu no Hirameki and Kusuryusen are very different in execution.

Quote:
Btw, Happy Lunar New Year!!! For the Chinese amongst us (including me), may your ang-paos be fat and plentiful!
Happy Chinese New Year!
I'm half-Chinese myself. Though I can't speak the language...

Quote:

Function: Locate, secure, and neutralize rogue Lost Logia/Relics within Mid-Childa as well as high-threat Lost Logia/Relics on other worlds.

History: Division 66 was founded in May MC 071 shortly after the airport disaster. Although it had been proposed just a month prior, the proximity and scale of the Lost Logia/Relic airport incident made it clear to the TSAB council that an organization would be necessary to police local threats to avoid another disaster. The original proposal was drafted and backed by Lt. General Regius Gaiz and as such is under the direct control of the TSAB Ground Forces. This also limited the range of movement of the organization to Mid-Childa, although a clause was later added to allow their jurisdiction to reach to other worlds should there be a potential high-level threat.

The overall division is quite small due to its specialized objectives. They occupy a single 2-story structure just outside the main TSAB Ground Forces HQ with a pair of hangers for the helicopters and a single training structure in the rear. As of their founding, the main forward forces consist of 1st LT. Shamsel Nagisa and 2nd LT. Ryotaro Nogami. Some questioned the use of an experimental system for such an organization, but they were all quickly dismissed by Lt. Gen. Gaiz saying that it was a proven system he had investigated himself and worthy of such a roll.

Despite the intentions of the division, there were several rumors questioning its founding. One sprung from the fact that, after being initially set aside by the Council as not a priority, the airport disaster occurred and practically paved the way for its rushed approval. Second was on the backer, Lt. Gen. Gaiz. Rumors already existed of his dislike for the Navy as well as of the young Hayate Yagami. Many found it odd for him to propose such a group when word spread of Hayate contemplating a similar division of her own.
Regius you-

Anyway, this seems to be a little shaky... But workable. Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Asagi: Like I'd ever buy anything from that evil overpriced merchant scum!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sees Gekiranger vs. Boukenger special DVD Limited Special Edition Box sparking on shelf*

I'll take one too!!!!

(Have to wait until March, or even later for the subs...<.<)

Quote:

*is restrained*

So she can go shotacon to ojicon to yuricon, etc. just because of Super Sentai Tamashii?

Quote:

Creator-san: Gwen, aren't you a few years too early to be looking like Sumeragi?

Quote:

Asagi: KITTO DAIJOBU DA!!! The Feelings of all my friends are in these lucky items!!!! I can never be harmed!!!!!

ALSO!!!!!

Seems like what I said earlier applies...

Quote:

Mayura: GAOHUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie: SHURIKENGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Asagi: "I knew this would happen... because it's a special program"

Ultimate Fourth Wall Breaker FTW!!!!!!

Quote:
... Don't we need a cute loli for that role?

*RUNS*
Mai?

OSHI-!

*RUNS!!!*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-02-06 at 23:01.
Old 2008-02-06, 22:54   Link #19363
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What's this about?
... Reminiscing?

Quote:

Quote:
Now THIS is how an innuendo-ish yuri couple should go!
Yes, I so agree

*dodges*

Quote:
As for me, I'm giving her some more support and psuedo-summon spells.
Here're some samples...
Spoiler for spells:

Whiffy...
I smell a potential use for the Grani spell...

"PUT ME DOWN!!!!!!!!"

...yup, don't piss off Hayate.

And, there is one way the mistletoe could defeat Baldur Field...

*hangs mistletoe on top of Hayate*

*Invokes Holiday Tradition*

*Grandis >>>> Hayate*

*RUNS*

Quote:
Happy Chinese New Year!
I'm half-Chinese myself. Though I can't speak the language...
Aaah, Kung Hei Fat Choi

Quote:

I'll take one too!!!!

(Have to wait until March, or even later for the subs...<.<)
Most unfortunately

Quote:
So she can go shotacon to ojicon to yuricon, etc. just because of Super Sentai Tamashii?
Asagi: Age matters not, BUT THE BURNING HEROIC SPIRIT WITHIN US!!!!
Smith: THE PASSIONATE MANLY SOUL!!!!!
Wesson: AND THE FIERY COURAGEOUS SPIRIT!!!!!

Asagi:
WARERA WA!!!!
Smith:
ORETACHI WA!!!!!
Wesson:
SUPER HENTAI!!!!!!

Asagi: Sou d-

WESSON, KISAMA DARO!!!!!!!

Quote:
Seems like what I said earlier applies...
Yep

Quote:
Mai?

OSHI-!

*RUNS!!!*

*Aaron runs straight into Mai's chainsaw*

Kha: A taste of your own medicine eh?

Mai: *looks at Kha" ...

I'm not finished with you yet...

*revs chainsaw*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-06, 23:26   Link #19364
Tormenk

song atm: REINCARNATION- Yukana

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

1: then I shall begin the journey to an epic clash with this:

Spoiler:
GL's epic feel like one compact package. Need MOAR.

Quote:
Need to be more specific than that, since I can give you ideas for a sniper rifle, a heavy machinegun, light machine gun, submachine gun, machinepistol, or hybrid weapons
Sniper Rifle is good.

I have three forms in mind. First being the sniper rifle form, which is a definite now, second something suited for engagements in close range or enclosed areas, so something like a light machine gun I guess.

Last form is clearly whack and for coolness-factor. Big cannon ala Dieci's Enormous Cannon or buster rifles styled after Vayaete or Wing 0. Well nothing in power like their originals of course. Biggest shot from that probably measures up to loli Nanoha's Divine Buster

Quote:
For better or worse, you decide

On the one hand, Mai's dere factor will increase as she grows older... on the other hand, so does her yan by an equivalent amount.
Well the more yan they are, the greater the effect of being dere is. Tsunderes are noted to displayed such traits as well.

Quote:
Spoiler for As long as I can hang on to this concept of Super Sentai Madness...:

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Trailer:
Does leave me wanting for more. I'm a sucker for stories of such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Status Report
Chapter Six
Word Count: 2.8K (~6 - 8%)
Bluecheese Indicator: Blue
ETA: Coming soon (lol).
Looks like PF hasn't lost his touch for creating BlueCheese bombs. I'll be running towards this bomb when it arrives.

Quote:
As Lowe says, it depends on what you're using the system for.

Sniping weapons have high accuraccy, but that's about the only thing that sniping weapons have in common. Military sniper rifles need to be light and rugged, since military snipers will be on foot, travelling all over the place. Police sniper rifles can be heavier and less rugged, more sensitve, since they'll be kept in cases most of the time.

Sniper rifles have high accuraccy and range. On the other hand, they tend to have drawbacks; rate of fire isn't that good, you can't exactly shoot on the move, and it's quite possible that if you only know how to shoot and not how to snipe, you'll be doing a No-no like Deici: standing to fire her cannon. Snipers will crouch or go prone when shooting (unless the wall they're using for cover is so high they HAVE to stand).

Heavy Machineguns have good firepower and fearsome rate of fire. They also have a lots of recoil, and it's generally inadvisable to go full auto on them, as you will not hit anything (reccommended ROF is 60 rounds per minute on the M2 .50cal or short burst). They tend to be a bitch to carry and move with, and are used as vehicle or stationary weapons.

Submachineguns are automatic weapons like the MAC-10, Uzi or the MP5; they fire pistol rounds at high rate of fire, and are smaller and much, much lighter than rifles or carbines (which explains why SEALs tasked with maritime takedown missions use MP5s). Advantages are light weight and easy controllability; disadvantages include lower stopping power and range.

A machine pistol is basically a pistol that as a full auto mode, like the Czech Skorpion. Generally, machine pistols are crap; the only machine pistol you shoud go for is the Maschinenpistolen Funf, aka MP5, made by Heckler & Kock. (Which is more properly classed as an SMG. The Germans use machine pistol to refer to any SMG; Machine pistol is commonly understood to be a pistol pretending to be an SMG.)

Hybrid weapons: M16A4/M203 grenade launcher combo, M4A1/M203 combo, etc etc. Shoulder weapon, typically a rifle or a carbine, with an underbarrel grenade launcher - although Delta operator SFC Paul Howe used a shotgun with his M4A1. You have both a rifle and a GL; disadvantage is that it's heavier and you're carrying more crap.
Very enlightening, especially on the sniper parts.

*takes notes for references*

Quote:
Loli draft Asuka is LOVE She's so deredere and vulnerable in this, it makes me want to pick her up and give her a hug and wipe her tears away... and toss her off to Kyou for some tsuntsun oneechan-ing and Nagisa and Sanae for more loving. ^___^
I got a image after reading this.

WG: "Asuka-chan kawaii! Omachi kaeri !"

*runs*

Quote:
About the Sankt Kaiser thing, I'm taking a shot in the dark and saying that it's information that's something that's heavily classified. You don't just go around and say, "Oh hey this kid's the genetic copy of our Saint XD."

As for her life during the timeskip, that'll be discussed in a future chapter.
I doubt her origins would be known except to the closest few anyway.Not so much about how other people think but how does Vivio herself feel about her origins. I would imagine she will have issues about it like Fate and Erio and both resolved in the end. In her case, she doesn't really know much her original other than the memories she inherited(?).

Makes for good interaction between Vivio and Syn but that's your and Keroko's department anyway.

Quote:
Well, from 6 to 10, Nanoha was still at home and things were only slowly falling apart (which I'll explain why), and from 11 to 14, the TSAB had decided that no, they weren't going to stick with their original promise and sent Nanoha off-world for a term, meaning Vivio got to spend four years living with whoever was on-world at the time (among which would be Fate, Hayate/Wolkenritter, Chrono, Yuuno, Keroko, and so on).

There will be no questions, only answers *sagely nod* *shot*.
I'm trying to recall some things from mine and my friends' eighth grade lives, infusing a healthy grade of Eva-style feelings of neglect, and at the same time showing Vivio that people do care about her. Syn is helping a lot in that respect, as so far she's been the only constant in Vivio's life. Fate and the other adults are constantly being sent off to do other things.
Looks great.

Quote:

Even I can't find a feasible way of killing him off. Closest I ever got to it, Ginga went and "Prince-Charming'd" him back to life.

Go figure what that means. >_>/<_<
Ginga pulled reverse Sleeping Beauty on Tais?

Quote:
Right, haxx-discussion aside...

Spoiler for Vivio?:

Oops, forgot defensive spells.
Nice take on future Vivio. Character-wise seems pretty-inline with events and influences so that's another plus point.

Quote:
The latest on the CLANNAD front:

WTF IS WITH THE EVANGELION-ESQUE SUMMER UNIFORMS?! Now I'm seeing Asuka in Kyou's shoes, not to mention Kotomi reminds me of Rei somehow...

And Kotomi-chaaan~~~ You're... Soo...

*flatlines*

Now I know where that crack feeling of mine came from.

Quote:
As I said, I'll continue to scenes as they finish, and then put the final result in the fanfiction thread. As the story picks up, the scenes will get longer, rather than these little introduction scenes that you're getting. So, here's Maho Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Alpha, Episode I, Scene II:

Spoiler for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Alpha, Episode 1, Scene 2:
The story thickens considerably with each chapter. Great work in short.

Quote:

IDEA!!!

[Crack]

The Tome of All Journeys, Necro'omnicon, the Earth Book, the First Throne.
The Tome of the Night Sky, Vida'elune, the Moon Book, the Second Throne.
The Tome of Devotion, Apolleus, the Sun Book, the Third Throne.

And the Belka always do things in threes...

[/Crack]

It's so good... I'll keep it?
Keep getting a LotR vibe from this and

Battle for the Three Thrones

just won't go away.

Which just reminded me there's the Tome of Red Dawn and the Tome of Fire on the opposite side of the fence. Missing one perhaps?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-02-06, 23:30   Link #19365
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:

MOST WANTED

Shouldn't that be "Hohe" for A**** there?

*rows faster*
Saint X: I think that gondola was rocking...

Do you really want to know who those three meganekko are?

It will be real crack i tell you now...

Quote:

Kyla: Hmm...

Saint X: That reminds me to compile my group as well...
Old 2008-02-07, 00:27   Link #19366
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Edit: I changed my mind... How did something so h4xx ever made it through the screening process? Didn't any of the h4xx busters chop this down to size?
Believe me, I was trying..... I barely have enough time to skim the thread these days, let along all the stuff under spoilers. And then replying takes so much time as well, which could be spent doing more enjoyable things than poilcing the thread.

Quote:
Tk has not been around for some time, and the rest of us went easy on the new guy. A mistake I won't repeat again, mind you.
Why thank you, I'll leave the place to the rest of you guys until I have the time to actuallly be involveed in the thread again.
Quote:
As Goose and I did with the OFM, though really it was he and TK that hammered out those details. I suck when it comes to stuff like that, I just write stories (It's not that I don't do the research, I just make others do it for me .)
Oh just forget about my role in the whole thing why don't you Although admittedly by contribution to the end result was smaller than Tk's..
Quote:
About TK... I PM'd him about the whole issue, and his response was... well, interesting. Suffice to say that thanks to the mod police we won't be seeing him much.
Well, GG for that....That's not cool at all
Quote:
I'm trying. TK is a lot better with haxxbusting and I've been trying to pick up from him. My talents are more towards haxxbustingplot/charecter and logic. And quite frankly, I'm rusty at arguing. But I'm working up.

As the rest of you have now doubt noticed, I'm not really a arguer either... I just point out the flaws, which are normally acted upon by the creator.

Time for me to get back to work...
Old 2008-02-07, 00:55   Link #19367
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:

*revs chainsaw*

Is that chainsaw...

>_>
<_<

"Murder-kun"?

Spoiler for Let me introduce you to my Air Cutting Texas Chainsaw: MURDER KUN!:

EDIT: Okay...
Since there was really nobody to argue with that would understand what I would be talking about at work, I spent time contemplating just how hard set the TSAB would be in its ways (like I was told to do, several times. YES, I do listen if you hit me over the head enough.)

I've been sitting here working exclusively on the background for McGreggor Archipelligo and the Whole Test Facility as a whole starting from its founding as a Pre War era AFB...

Spoiler for McGeggor and the BEST Force, in full. OR... WAY too much red tape.:

If that's not enough Red Tape to deal with, throw more ideas at me. If I have to depict mass weapons as banned items, I'll throw as much Red Tape at the problem as needed for a bunch of overly paranoid Mid-child(ren)

EDIT 2: Definately a song fitting of some place on the Islands around midnight.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1424129/

@_@ I think I'll just go to sleep now...

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-02-07 at 03:27. Reason: Edit rather than double post yes?
Old 2008-02-07, 03:27   Link #19368
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I really should go back to the character bio for Halley Rainier and edit out her Jammer Cannon. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, it's basically a projectile launcher which launches non-lethal rounds, like glue or netting.

However, since she only had it so she could tag along on adventures despite having almost no magical ability to speak of (rank E-, just enough for mage telepathy), it's not worth trying to argue for her case. I just replaced her role in that Cannon-required scene with Reiz; makes for a bit of a plot hole in that Halley now doesn't actually do anything significant and yet shows up anyway, and the scene is significantly weaker, but at least now it's canonical.

In my defense, I came up with it before episode 14 was released, and after I learned about it, I started working through my notes to edit that out. See, I'm very reasonable when I am told about canon contradictions before I write the damn story.

More OC later. I need to work out a few details, like, say, his name. Overpowered villain, if you're wondering.
Old 2008-02-07, 03:31   Link #19369
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I really should go back to the character bio for Halley Rainier and edit out her Jammer Cannon. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, it's basically a projectile launcher which launches non-lethal rounds, like glue or netting.

However, since she only had it so she could tag along on adventures despite having almost no magical ability to speak of (rank E-, just enough for mage telepathy), it's not worth trying to argue for her case. I just replaced her role in that Cannon-required scene with Reiz; makes for a bit of a plot hole in that Halley now doesn't actually do anything significant and yet shows up anyway, and the scene is significantly weaker, but at least now it's canonical.

In my defense, I came up with it before episode 14 was released, and after I learned about it, I started working through my notes to edit that out. See, I'm very reasonable when I am told about canon contradictions before I write the damn story.

More OC later. I need to work out a few details, like, say, his name. Overpowered villain, if you're wondering.

A glorified Glue Gun? I think that would probably be allowed on the grounds that it's not really a weapon. More like the equal to a can of MACE... if that.
Old 2008-02-07, 04:31   Link #19370
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Referring to Episode 2, the firefighters use "guns" that fire wads of flame redardant foam instead of bringing in hoses. This Jammer Launcher appears to be similar in principle, so it should be alright.

On the other hand, the firefighters were firing foam rounds. Not glue...

Will haxbust and resume tomorrow. I've been out the whole day for Chinese New Year reunions with relatives and have just gotten back, and am heading out again in 10 minutes. *sighs* Sometimes I hate being chinese.

To all chinese in this thread: Gong Xi Fa Cai! Or if you're Cantonese, Kung Hey Fatt Choy!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-07, 04:48   Link #19371
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Foreword:

Spoiler for Pic:

A very nicely done OC, just needs some tightening here and there, and the skills will take a while to iron flat to thread correctness, but after reading, crack ignites...
Spoiler for Proposed scenario:
I basically replaced John Smith with Roland as Artei's information broker. I think he really fits into the mould of things.

What do you say?
Quote:

DETAILS! NAO!!! PM IF NECESSARY!!!
I think you got the wrong half of the picture from that reaction, so PM coming right up...

Quote:
.... Okay, so why go through all the pain of creating the very unbelievable 'robot tading grandfather' while you have a blatantly obvious (so obvious that even we are wondering why Seven Arcs didn't use it) option available? Just let them tag along with Nanoha & Co.
I'd think that'll be bending the rules a little too blatantly. Either that, or its the Asian mentality that all smooth processes involves greasing with Greenbacks, though now its more of Euros than Greenbacks...

But I'm working on that idea. So far it's the Braummuhls have been buying wholesale from several Terran companies to ship off-planet for incredibly high profit, and among the unwitting parties is the Arisa's and Suzuka's family businesses. This would be how Braummuhl gets his goods to sell, and for many people on Earth to get insanely rich.

As for the clearances, I've taken your ideas into account, and placed Arisa and Suzuka on special visas through the MIB. While having Nanoha and Fate as high-ranking sponsors, the Braummuhls paved the rest of the way with gold for the passes.

Just FYI, the visas had to look reasonably valid, and so on the passes you'll find intriguing details, off the top of my head including things like Burning Arisa and Ghostsweeper Suzuka.

Quote:
Actually, my OC Shamsel using a Device very similar to a Glaive called a Naginta.
Taiyo and Kha have Polearm weapons too, but that's using the WoW weapon classification, so no problem there.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a little extra WoW
QFT.

Quote:
Hmmm...I dunno about ZA. Although you could include Naxx...
I clean forgot about Naxx. My old guild ran it only once, then BC came out.

*ponders about Naxx*

Quote:

Foy: (working on Veda) And so Regius reacted in accordance to Veda's predictions.

(takes off glasses and floats out)

Foy: Looks like it is our generation who will do the dirty work... Right, Kyrios?

I've already seen the rough proposal, and this is looking just fine, so go on ahead.
Quote:
Now that you think about it, Colwell Industries also has the expertise to create the Rescue machines...
Considering that Belka had employed the machines until they were decommissioned several years back...

Eh?!

Artei: Colwell built the Rescue machines?!
Taiyo: Which also means... They have a list of the previous Robo masters!
Allie: Now we can confirm who were the last Robo masters from Belka!

Schach: (dark aura) Ara... Why the rush to go see who were the last Robo masters?

CKs + Confessor: Ah... Haha... Why is Sister Schach looking so fierce suddenly...?

*runs*

Quote:

Artei: (waves the limited edition box set with GoGo Changer redemption coupon) Come and get it...

Now I can make her do whatever I want! Mwahahaha--

*Hayate Harisen Mk. 3 >>>> Artei*

Sophia: In your dreams, pervert!

Quote:
Would like to see a... PROPER demonstration in the future

*runs*
That would be great especially when fighting tentacle monsters.

OH SHI--

*Ion Cannon Breaker >>>> Creator-san*

Quote:
Yes... the Aura's effects stick long after exposure... like a disease
Artei: (face warped into Scream) USOOODAAA!!!

Quote:
Well, she does own a different kind of ball-like object...

*hears pleasurable moaning*

Matsuri: *hides Scrying Ball*

I-i-it's not what it sounds like!!!!!

Quote:
Turing: "Doing anymore spelunking, Cleric?"

Then just bring that Braummuhl memo to work from tomorrow onwards.

And yes, be at the boardroom meeting at 9am on 12-03-MC 0065. I'm sure the executives have a lot to hear from you, Chief Executive Officer Turing.

Artei: Wa-wait! You gave him MY job?

Creator-san: Didn't you get the memo too? Go serve Ojou-sama some Earl Grey.

Artei:

UUUSOOODAAAAAA!!!

Explanations in future, but this looks like how things are for now.

Quote:

*is restrained*

Gimmy: Sorry to break your heart, but no, he does not have Super Sentai Tamashit. It's just one of the products of his overly-high-level sense of humor that relies too much on references.

*Asagi chills in the corner*

Taiyo: Ano... Gimmy-san, that's going a little far... But Kibaranger really wouldn't fit me...

(looks up with fire burning in his eyes)

Because I am a Cleric-knight! And Cleric-knights wear grey!

Dakara!

By the Grace of Sankt Kaiser, I am the Dazzling Adventurer!

BoukenSilver!

Gimmy: If that's the case, why are you wearing that?

(Gimmy >_> Taiyo's base Knight Armor, which looks like something that was stolen and only an Orphenoth could wear)

*runs*
Quote:

Although the description sounds less like GaoGaiGar and more like

GRAVITON TORNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revolver Shot is retained.

Besides, Nove's flying drills look more like:

Quote:
Asagi: *shakes Acous*

Buried under where?! WHEEEEEEEEEERE?!?!?!?!?!?!
*Ichigeki Hissatsu Chisana-Hou >>>> Asagi*

Acous: How did you manage to do that without me?!

Quote:

Sumire: Why do you...
Gwen: ...look like me?!

*runs*

Quote:
*Cue MIB theme*
Let me see you NOD YE HEAD!

Quote:
Smith: Mai doesn't believe in Super Sentai Soul

Asagi: I swear on my soul!!!! Soon, you shall become a BELIEVER!!!!!!!

*Mai >>>> Asagi*

Urusai.
Come on, Smith! Wesson you too! Make her say it with 2 more times, and faster!

*runs*

Quote:

Asagi: Ne? NE!!!!

KOKORO TOMOYO!!!!!!!

Quote:

ALSO!!!!!

Artei: Like I said, no Belkarengers were harmed in this production...

Creator-san: Apologies for the rather lousy treatment so far... It's Artei's script after all.

Quote:
Well... It's Artei's little gig, so I thought I'd put a little more heat into it...

...and irreversibly create a Thousand Year Brammuhl-Colwell war.

Quote:
Sounds like an abuse of values here...

Quote:
Asagi: Age matters not, BUT THE BURNING HEROIC SPIRIT WITHIN US!!!!
Smith: THE PASSIONATE MANLY SOUL!!!!!
Wesson: AND THE FIERY COURAGEOUS SPIRIT!!!!!

Asagi:
WARERA WA!!!!
Smith:
ORETACHI WA!!!!!
Wesson:
SUPER HENTAI!!!!!!

Asagi: Sou d-

WESSON, KISAMA DARO!!!!!!!
Artei: SONOTORI!

Quote:
Mai?

OSHI-!

*RUNS!!!*
Quote:

*revs chainsaw*

*twirls giant revolvers*

Well, they don't call me Hellboy for nothing.

Mai-chaaan~~~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I doubt her origins would be known except to the closest few anyway.Not so much about how other people think but how does Vivio herself feel about her origins. I would imagine she will have issues about it like Fate and Erio and both resolved in the end. In her case, she doesn't really know much her original other than the memories she inherited(?).
Ah yes memories. We never really dealt about that, even when it came to Fate yeah? Looks like more will agree with more Rebuilt crack.

*runs*

Quote:
Keep getting a LotR vibe from this and

Battle for the Three Thrones

just won't go away.

Which just reminded me there's the Tome of Red Dawn and the Tome of Fire on the opposite side of the fence. Missing one perhaps?
"One Empress to rule them all, and in her presence cast them."

And if Dawn = Drei and Fire = Ein, then Fang = Zwei.

EDIT:

Oops my mistake. Nove's Rocket Punch looks more like the first attack seen here.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-02-07 at 05:30.
Old 2008-02-07, 06:13   Link #19372
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*Plays On The Road*

Now, for the 3rd Update to Atsuki Boukenshaa's Profile, here's Barrier Jacket, Fighting Style, Devices and Offensive Spells:

Spoiler for MASSIVE:

Next part, Defensive & Auxilliary Spells and Finishing Moves

*phew* That was long

Old 2008-02-07, 07:17   Link #19373
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Referring to Episode 2, the firefighters use "guns" that fire wads of flame redardant foam instead of bringing in hoses. This Jammer Launcher appears to be similar in principle, so it should be alright.

The train of thought I had went along the lines of wondering if the laws were paranoid enough (justifiably or otherwise) to at least look askance at anything which could potentially be modified to fire lethal rounds. Yes, Halley loads it with glue shells, but what if she snaps one day and cooks up some napalm?

Also, it's not like Halley actually needs the Jammer Cannon. She's a librarian, and she (in the original concept) made the Jammer Cannon in her spare time because she thought it would be fun to do so, starting from first principles of projectile mechanics. I was going for the "odd, but sometimes amusing" angle; the legal wrangling required now would be, in my view, Not Worth It.

The original purpose for the Jammer was to show that one didn't need to have magical powers in order to make a difference, and it would have been used as an offensively-wielded overpowered can of Mace. The scene in question has Halley using it to distract a villain, who could shrug it off but takes some time doing so, which turns the tide of battle. She doesn't have to be the one attempting the distraction, but I thought it would have been a nice bit of character insight for her.

Sans Jammer, though, now I don't actually have a (good) reason for Halley to exist or play a significant role in the story other than For The Laughs. Her entire purpose was as a sort of plot device as described above, and Reiz (of the 37th CIAA) rooming with May (Halley's subordinate, of the 8th IAR) was supposed to lead to that scene Affirming Nonmagical Usefulness, through an unlikely set of coincidences.

I need a Library unit at the least, but mostly just as a "key" for routine access to the Infinite Library. I'm not sure how much of the original ideas involving the 8th IAR I should keep, since right now they'd seem to be rather non-sequitur.

Tangent: I have no idea why I listed May as a Second Lieutenant. Maybe I was thinking along the lines of "ensign", but she doesn't really need to be a commissioned officer, being, well, a librarian. I should alter it to Private Second Class, perhaps.
Old 2008-02-07, 07:21   Link #19374
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

For some completely disturbing and strange reason, Chinese New Year felt a lot more like working days than they are holidays. I mean, I am so dogtired with spring cleaning and stuff, I thought it wasn't at all a festival. Guess I'll make do to extort more "prosperity notes" when I have the chance.

P/S: Skipping a lot of stuff, namely Lowe's character (two, or was it one), Kagerou's MSLN Alpha (two scenes), Estavali's new Device concept, Keroko's new Syn profile, and some random stuff. Sorry about this, but I'll be missing for quite some time starting tomorrow (going back to hometown), and time is a little pressing on my side. I'll keep these in tabs, though.

Quote:
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One: My Magical Incantation... Scene I:

My biggest question for you guys: What do you think Vivio will be like as a 14-year old? I'm playing it safe and showing very little of a personality right now other than just being a teenager, but as the story continues I'll be showing more of it. I'm guessing some mix of Nanoha and Fate, along with typical teenage mannerisms thrown in for good measure.

And also, Syn Virage isn't my creation. She's one of Keroko's OCs that was posted pages ago.
Well, it does seem a bit strange that Nanoha would be distressed over the transfer. Still, this makes for a good introduction, and I'm mighty curious over the first few sentences of an unknown person. Promising indeed. And, oh, by the way, why "boatlights" of all things?

Quote:
This is 1 and 1/2 hour late, and thus probably useless. No thanks to my mom, who hogged my computer for that amount of time to write a 200 word email.
Don't we have them all the time? They are, however, trying very hard, so just give them the required room.

Quote:
Lowe's got most of it right ; I'll expand from there, digging up from what I've read and researched on how things happen:

1. The first stage in the debriefing process is what is called the "Hot Wash" - at least, by American forces. This is where everyone comes in and does an oral critique of what happened, what went wrong, what went right, etc etc. When this takes place is normally at the discretion of the CO and unit styles, but generally you want to do it within the first 24 hours. For example, Rangers will do their hot wash immediately; according to CSM (Ret) E.L. Haney, Delta lets you sleep first, then hot wash. SEALs also tend to do the hot wash immediately, then rest. The idea of the hot wash is that it's a quick preliminary debriefing, a recap of what happens.

2. After the hot wash, you go and catch some sleep and food. Then, you go, get interviewed again on what happened - because there's the chance that you may remember something you'd forgotten.

3. Third step is the writing of the AAR: After Action Report. This is your account and report of what happened, warts and all, good and bad; your personal AAR will be filed up with the mission documentation. There will be both a main AAR written by the brass on the mission, and the individual AARs written by those woh participated in the battle; to give an example, there are at least 3 AARs on the Battle of Magadishu, written by USAF Technical Sergeant Dan Schilling, Delta Force Sergeant First Class Paul Howe, and SEAL Chief John Gay (I am not making up the last name. A side piece of trivia: Gay and 3 other SEALs from SEAL Team Six/DEVGRU were in the Lost Convoy, and Gay took a bullet to the hip. The bullet hit his combat knife, shattering the blade, but he lived and wasn't paralysed. One of those SEALs was a Lieutanant Commander Eric T. Olsen, now Admiral Eric T. Olsen, Commanding Officer USSOCOM.) These individual AARs are in addition to the overall AAR prepared by Task Force Ranger's staff.

4. Final debrief and evaluation. Everyone gathers together, they all go through the mission one last time, and then the brass evaluates what went right, what could have been done better, and so on. Depending on the unit and the brass, this may be fairly interactive. (In the recollections of Captain Mike Steele, Delta Force planning and debrief sessions have a great deal of Fuck Yous thrown around, with ever rising hot blood and adrenalin until it appeared as if everyone's ready to fight each other. )

5. AARs are collected and the Brass finishes up on the main AAR that gives an overview of the whole mission.

Well, looks definately interesting. Can't wait to see more!

The idea of the hot wash is that you get the basic first impressions of the soldiers, which are then used as your first draft. Then you send them to sleep and get some food, they come back refreshed, and then you redo the debriefing. The reason it's called Hot Wash is because you're stepping right from the heat of battle, where the memory is the freshest. SEALs are firm believers in immediate hot wash and debriefing, though this is probably due to the fact that SEALs deal with highly time-sensitive intelligence.

To expand further, and to repeat, whether they get the resting time depends on the whole process. As I've mentioned above, debriefing isn't just a one-off thing: there's the hot wash and then further reports.

To sum up, process is as follows: Immediate hot wash, rest & food, 2nd debrief & interview, AAR writing, final debriefing. Normally the first few steps will take place withing 24 hours (Hot wash, 2nd debrief, AAR writing). The Final debrief and overall command-level AAR will normally show up within 48-72 hours, to give time for all the other aspects to be sorted through and checked.

To pull an example from the Battle of Mogadishu (mainly because it's the most recent that sticks in my mind), the hot wash was conducted within several hours after the Rangers and Deltas were recovered and the wounded were treated. Once they did their hot wash, they got some rest, but then after that did another debrief and wrote their individual AARs, which where then compiled as part of a main document brief (there is an official AAR for the Battle of Mogadishu, which was among the sources used by Bowden when writing Black Hawk Down; the AARs written by Schilling, Howe and Gay were also of great importance and relevance. Which just goes to show that while troops may hate AARs, they're useful.)

Also, if it's really, really really serious and/or time sensitive, Hayate will need to cut her time alot. Garrison was on the phone to SOCOM and the President less than an hour after the final wounded had come in, reporting the mission results. Perhaps something like, "Sir, we got our asses kicked, and will give you the AAR in 8 hours time."
Ah, this is certainly very useful. I have a very clear picture now of how it goes (and the appropriate terms to use). Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Ark, if it has a 2km radius of destruction, ground zero will have a diameter of 4km.

1km radius max; 2km diameter. THAT is the max OC will accept for an initial blast crater. 15km seems a bit too high for the secondaries though.

Note that the Arc has a radius of100km, meaning that ground zero is 200km in diameter.
[Grumble]Which seems very unlikely that any sane OC is capable of doing.[/Grumble]

Heck, I even think it's overpowered to have anything beyond a 1-km destruction radius. The number may look small, but realism isn't. I tried imagining a 1-km radius shield in place (my idea on Hayate tanking the wave initially), and it didn't just seem possible. Absurd even. Through equipment, maybe, but a single person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
As for recommended reads, I suggest, Nightengale's if you want something good, USB500's (Lone Wolf Neo on ff.net) The Sleeping Lyrical and Magical Girl Lyrical Cinderella for crack, PhoenixFlare's stuff is also good. For OCs try Keroko, Aaron008R, Lowegear, FlameSparkZ, Kagerou and Wild Goose. You can also try Tormenk's Katrina and Satty's Betrüger for villains.
The scene is in no way Awesome. If you want awesome, I suggest you read this Part XIV Verse Finality ~ Ender’s Nightmare by Nightengale.
Thanks for the recommendation, though my personal recommendation would be Nighty's or USB's works first if you want something creative and that doesn't burn your eyes with walls of text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Regarding the links, Nightengales stuff, PhoenixFlare's stuff are the major standouts. Although there has been plenty of other stories floating around that have been equally as good, Lowes diabetes inducing fluff, USB's awesome shorts. Character wise, well you'll have to find out for yourself...
Some of Lowe's aren't as diabetic, I am looking forward for more of those stuff (er, I don't think you named the fiction, did you, Lowe) he wrote about Mai and Smith and Wesson. Unless I missed the continuation already?

Quote:
@PhoenixFlare
GG for epic sized chapters Nice to see you back and alive XD.
Were you expecting otherwise? You were a long way away as well, it seems.

Quote:
PM away if you can. I want some updates so I can finally find a schedule for the Aurion/Teana talk+plans. XD
Sorry 'bout the lack of updates, buddy. I couldn't write as fast as I wanted to, it seems. Still, I'll PM you some information as soon as I can get them on. I have some questions that needed answering as well.

Quote:
Hey what's this? An honest to goodness profile from Lowe? What's going on here?

*ehem*

Right, less talk, and more PROFILE TIME

And this first part is for the FIERY ADVENTURER

Spoiler for length:

Updated with Personality section. Skills, Devices and Abilities next!
EXTREME indeed, though I like her. Very much. She does seem to be having the flair for the "GoGo Sentai Boukenger" stuff (though, hopefully, I don't get myself wrong that she's transforming with her partner ). Guess Power Rangers is out of the scene for good.

Quote:
Being at the wrong place, wrong time with a Luck ranking of F is pretty used for male characters in a comedic series, but it's hilarious, and that's what counts!

Thanks!

*Scribbles on a piece of paper*

Xena's List of Things to Do:

1. Clear all existing tasks in the way of OC life.
2. Create a character. Avoid h4xx (IMPERATIVE)
3. Draw my own character pictures.

[AllenWalker]Um, right...I can sort of see you looking like your avatar now...[/AllenWalker]

*runs*
Adapting in here is far easier than you may think, and we're all eager for the feast of the eyes.

You need not worry, especially on the second point. We'll try to nitpick it.

As clean as possible.

Quote:
*wave* Welcome to the thread XD.

You've probably noticed already but it's a fairly friendly place in here. If you're looking for ideas, there's a whole bunch of character profiles listed on the very first page of the thread (post 5). I would normally link it, but I'm about ready to drop to sleep..

The thread has gotten slower in recent times, but you will ineveitably wake up to find pages of discussion so I hope you're ready for the backlog that can approach without warning Learning to read what's important for you is a good skill to develop, since there's normally a number of discussions going on at the same time.

Just keep in mind that you're making an OC for the Nanoha verse, so adjust accordingly for it's power rankings and we(the haxxbusters[I'm one]) won't be too fussed. What you do can affect what the rest of do in here( See phoenixflare and his OC pulling story) so having it relatively balanced just makes it easier for the rest of us to draw you into this seemingly cracktastic world of ours

Have fun, and I'll look forward to your OC, as well as the pretty pictures XD.
I didn't actually realize that I was affecting anything much in here (except, maybe inspiring Chrono to be an Admiral as he should be), but thanks all the same. A lot of the works here have similar effects as well. And yep, the fifth post on the first page is a motherlode of information (dubbed an Infinite Library in itself ).

Quote:
Edit: FA, Erio's gone off on some trip and should be back something this week. Not too sure about FSZ. And I think(could be wrong here) C2F has started NS...
Ah, that explains their absence, though Chaos was still around some time ago. Well, we shall wait for their return, then.

Quote:
Progress Report: GenerationS Chapter 1-3
Word count: around 1,500
Tiara (name): Included
AXH Crack: Included()
Agito-exposure: Included
Fighting: included
Henshin Sequence: Included

Anyhow, does anybody have some sort of expectations for the next chapter so I can add something?
Can I expect ... something more ... on AxH?

*runs as Aaron explodes with fiery rage on the possible implication*

Quote:
Actually Tk did post here awhile ago. The two posts was his h4xbuster opinion on ATC's stuff, putting it mildly. A mod deleted both for being pointless and off-topic. What's left of the original two posts are bits and pieces quoted by me Aaron and Wild Goose about other stuff.
Ah, no wonder. Still, it's good to know that he's around.

Quote:
Concidering this thread is currently on the moderators 'to watch' list for that very reason (point in case Tk's deleted posts) I'd say that is a very valid reason. None of us want to see this thread closed.

Quote:
Looks like PF hasn't lost his touch for creating BlueCheese bombs. I'll be running towards this bomb when it arrives.
The bomb is going to be larger than I thought. Best prepare a bunker.

======

Progress Report
Chapter Six
Word Count: 7.3K (~15%) [I'd be honest that so far in that much words, I've only accounted for three scenes of the long list that's given in the preview.]
Bluecheese Indicator: Extreme
ETA: Undecided. [As soon as it's completed, no doubt.]
Old 2008-02-07, 08:38   Link #19375
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sniper Rifle is good.

I have three forms in mind. First being the sniper rifle form, which is a definite now, second something suited for engagements in close range or enclosed areas, so something like a light machine gun I guess.

Last form is clearly whack and for coolness-factor. Big cannon ala Dieci's Enormous Cannon or buster rifles styled after Vayaete or Wing 0. Well nothing in power like their originals of course. Biggest shot from that probably measures up to loli Nanoha's Divine Buster
You want that crew-served or man-portable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Well the more yan they are, the greater the effect of being dere is. Tsunderes are noted to displayed such traits as well.
Exactly. And to that very-special-person-in-her-world, she'll show him all of that delicious dere for free

As to everyone else...

*hears chainsaw revving*

Quote:
Somebody set us up the bomb?

Quote:
I got a image after reading this.

WG: "Asuka-chan kawaii! Omachi kaeri !"

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Saint X: I think that gondola was rocking...

Do you really want to know who those three meganekko are?

It will be real crack i tell you now...
Humor us

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Is that chainsaw...

>_>
<_<

"Murder-kun"?

Spoiler for Let me introduce you to my Air Cutting Texas Chainsaw: MURDER KUN!:
Yep, THAT kind of Murder-chan

Skuld FTW

*runs*

Quote:
Spoiler for Proposed scenario:
I basically replaced John Smith with Roland as Artei's information broker. I think he really fits into the mould of things.

What do you say?
So we're slowly but surely crossing over Satashi's works here in OC?

And yes, Roland is looking very useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Just FYI, the visas had to look reasonably valid, and so on the passes you'll find intriguing details, off the top of my head including things like Burning Arisa and Ghostsweeper Suzuka.
Wait what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Foy: (working on Veda) And so Regius reacted in accordance to Veda's predictions.

(takes off glasses and floats out)

Foy: Looks like it is our generation who will do the dirty work... Right, Kyrios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Considering that Belka had employed the machines until they were decommissioned several years back...

Eh?!

Artei: Colwell built the Rescue machines?!
Taiyo: Which also means... They have a list of the previous Robo masters!
Allie: Now we can confirm who were the last Robo masters from Belka!

Schach: (dark aura) Ara... Why the rush to go see who were the last Robo masters?

CKs + Confessor: Ah... Haha... Why is Sister Schach looking so fierce suddenly...?

*runs*
Mayura: So that's why the Colwell's old Cranagan Bay Amusement Park had a submersible launch ramp...
Julie: And Launch bay doors...
Asagi: AND GOUGOU DUMP!!!!!
Mayura: I think you mean Gear Dump

Julie: But why is Sister Schach so apprehensive about it?

Masaka, could she be-

*is silenced*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: (waves the limited edition box set with GoGo Changer redemption coupon) Come and get it...

Now I can make her do whatever I want! Mwahahaha--

*Hayate Harisen Mk. 3 >>>> Artei*

Sophia: In your dreams, pervert!
Asagi: *clings to Sophia with puppy eyes*

Sempai, can you get me a copy of that? Onegai?! Ne?! Ne?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
That would be great especially when fighting tentacle monsters.

OH SHI--

*Ion Cannon Breaker >>>> Creator-san*
As demonstrated by Fate and Jacket Purge...

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: (face warped into Scream) USOOODAAA!!!
Sore wa... Zettai Zetsubou da...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Shinji: Is tha-
Matsuri: IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!!

*Flying Aeolia Head in Jar >>> Shinji*

Shinji, you alright?! SHINJI!!

Shinji: Nanda.. korewa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Then just bring that Braummuhl memo to work from tomorrow onwards.

And yes, be at the boardroom meeting at 9am on 12-03-MC 0065. I'm sure the executives have a lot to hear from you, Chief Executive Officer Turing.

Artei: Wa-wait! You gave him MY job?

Creator-san: Didn't you get the memo too? Go serve Ojou-sama some Earl Grey.

Artei:

UUUSOOODAAAAAA!!!

Explanations in future, but this looks like how things are for now.
Understood

And don't worry, all the merchandise comes in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Gimmy: Sorry to break your heart, but no, he does not have Super Sentai Tamashit. It's just one of the products of his overly-high-level sense of humor that relies too much on references.

*Asagi chills in the corner*

Taiyo: Ano... Gimmy-san, that's going a little far... But Kibaranger really wouldn't fit me...

(looks up with fire burning in his eyes)

Because I am a Cleric-knight! And Cleric-knights wear grey!

Dakara!

By the Grace of Sankt Kaiser, I am the Dazzling Adventurer!

BoukenSilver!

Gimmy: If that's the case, why are you wearing that?

(Gimmy >_> Taiyo's base Knight Armor, which looks like something that was stolen and only an Orphenoth could wear)

*runs*
Asagi:

Taiyo-kun da dekkai kawaii desu ne?

Mayura: Bouken... Silver...

Boy's got taste at least

Julie: ... this will not end well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
*Ichigeki Hissatsu Chisana-Hou >>>> Asagi*

Acous: How did you manage to do that without me?!
Asagi: Where'd that come from? Hayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

Sumire: Why do you...
Gwen: ...look like me?!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Let me see you NOD YE HEAD!
Now FREEZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Come on, Smith! Wesson you too! Make her say it with 2 more times, and faster!

*runs*

Mai Enna, Exterminate.

Ike, Fangs.

*GN Fangs >>>> Kha*

Smith: Mai, you need more HOTBLOOD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: Like I said, no Belkarengers were harmed in this production...

Creator-san: Apologies for the rather lousy treatment so far... It's Artei's script after all.

Well... It's Artei's little gig, so I thought I'd put a little more heat into it...

...and irreversibly create a Thousand Year Brammuhl-Colwell war.
... I guess you'll be seeing the 50th Generation of Belkarangers far into the future then, fighting against the ancient tyranny and EVIL of the Braunmuhl Empire

Quote:
Sounds like an abuse of values here...
Beauty is not on the outside, but on the inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Artei: SONOTORI!
*Burning DaiVoyager foot >>>> Artei & Wesson*

Asagi: DON'T DEFILE THE SUPER SENTAI NAME!!!!!

... Wait a minute, isn't this-?!?!?!?!

AkaRed: Alright, loan's over, time to get my powers back.

Asagi: *clings to AkaRed*

YOU'RE GONNA GET TAKEN HOME!!!!

AkaRed: NANI?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
*twirls giant revolvers*

Well, they don't call me Hellboy for nothing.

Mai-chaaan~~~ <3

And Hellboy you shall be forever...

*sends Hellboy Kha on Container Ship to Hell*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
EDIT:

Oops my mistake. Nove's Rocket Punch looks more like the first attack seen here.

Nove as Thrud?

COMPUTES

*runs from Inazuma Juuryoku Otoshi*

Asagi: Is that Dynaman?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
P/S: Skipping a lot of stuff, namely Lowe's character (two, or was it one), Kagerou's MSLN Alpha (two scenes), Estavali's new Device concept, Keroko's new Syn profile, and some random stuff. Sorry about this, but I'll be missing for quite some time starting tomorrow (going back to hometown), and time is a little pressing on my side. I'll keep these in tabs, though.
Don't worry no Hurry We'll just wait for your BLUECHEESIUM BOMB when you get back

And one character actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare
Some of Lowe's aren't as diabetic, I am looking forward for more of those stuff (er, I don't think you named the fiction, did you, Lowe) he wrote about Mai and Smith and Wesson. Unless I missed the continuation already?
I just gave that Arc the moniker "Enforcer Exam" , and yes no written continuation yet, although it's all been planned out

Quote:
EXTREME indeed, though I like her. Very much. She does seem to be having the flair for the "GoGo Sentai Boukenger" stuff (though, hopefully, I don't get myself wrong that she's transforming with her partner ). Guess Power Rangers is out of the scene for good.
Partners actually, if Mayura and Julie are what you're talking about

And yes, Power Rangers are out of the scene

Quote:
Progress Report
Chapter Six
Word Count: 7.3K (~15%) [I'd be honest that so far in that much words, I've only accounted for three scenes of the long list that's given in the preview.]
Bluecheese Indicator: Extreme
ETA: Undecided. [As soon as it's completed, no doubt.]
*preps Hazard Suit*

Old 2008-02-07, 08:59   Link #19376
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR people !

With any luck, the money I collect this year would cover the cost for Devil May Cry 4

(Which rocks btw...)

Jeno: "And here's a little gift from me to you... "

Spoiler for My personal favorite servant...:
Old 2008-02-07, 09:18   Link #19377
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR people !
Kung Hei Fat Choi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
With any luck, the money I collect this year would cover the cost for Devil May Cry 4

(Which rocks btw...)
No argument there

Quote:
Jeno: "And here's a little gift from me to you... "

Spoiler for My personal favorite servant...:
Got lots of servants to give away do you Jeno?

*saves*

Old 2008-02-07, 09:43   Link #19378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Kung Hei Fat Choi
Close enough

Thanks

Quote:
No argument there
The opening fight between Dante and Nero was beyond awesome !

Quote:
Got lots of servants to give away do you Jeno?

*saves*
Jeno: "Not all of them are chinese you know "

And no, she is not up for rent
Old 2008-02-07, 10:07   Link #19379
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
*Plays On The Road*

Now, for the 3rd Update to Atsuki Boukenshaa's Profile, here's Barrier Jacket, Fighting Style, Devices and Offensive Spells:

Spoiler for MASSIVE:

Next part, Defensive & Auxilliary Spells and Finishing Moves

*phew* That was long
Dying...Dying...Dead

*Thank heavens for the Aegis of the Immortal*

There's a major difference in styles here: We have those who blatantly put their references across, while others subtly weave theirs into their characters, although that's a good thing, since it leaves us 2 options: die laughing out loud, or else start moving our heads a little to see the refs...

But it's pretty entertaining, as always...did I sense a hint of Masked Rider in there?

Quote:

Will haxbust and resume tomorrow. I've been out the whole day for Chinese New Year reunions with relatives and have just gotten back, and am heading out again in 10 minutes. *sighs* Sometimes I hate being chinese.

To all chinese in this thread: Gong Xi Fa Cai! Or if you're Cantonese, Kung Hey Fatt Choy!
Kung Hey Fatt Choy to you too! I'm both, as it just so happens Unfortunately, I don't speak much of it...what a bad Cantonese person I am.

Quote:

Spoiler for More Conversation:

Are they still around, or should I call in the "Where Are They Now?" crew?

Anyway, as promised, before the day is done, my first try at an OC...Sorry, Sheba, I'm stealing your format.

Spoiler for We don't all go to Ravenholm...:

That's one down. I got the Department name right, hopefully

I'll try to dig deep into my resources of weird mirror/crystal/(HAKU!!!!) related spell names and come up with something more detailed some time later, Chinese New Year Visitations take more of a toll on me than any kind of love I've ever had.

*I blame it on all. those. goodbyes.*
Old 2008-02-07, 10:33   Link #19380
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Close enough

Thanks
No problem

Quote:
Jeno: "Not all of them are chinese you know "
I've no problem with that

Quote:
And no, she is not up for rent
Who said anything about rent?

*runs off with prize*

Quote:
Dying...Dying...Dead

*Thank heavens for the Aegis of the Immortal*

There's a major difference in styles here: We have those who blatantly put their references across, while others subtly weave theirs into their characters, although that's a good thing, since it leaves us 2 options: die laughing out loud, or else start moving our heads a little to see the refs...

But it's pretty entertaining, as always...did I sense a hint of Masked Rider in there?
*V.50 Kael the Invoker >>> Xenahort*

LoweGear pawns Xenahort Charybdis's head for 300 Gold

And henshin is a general term for transformations, but yes Kamen Rider is unavoidable here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenahort Charybdis
Anyway, as promised, before the day is done, my first try at an OC...Sorry, Sheba, I'm stealing your format.

Spoiler for We don't all go to Ravenholm...:

That's one down. I got the Department name right, hopefully

I'll try to dig deep into my resources of weird mirror/crystal/(HAKU!!!!) related spell names and come up with something more detailed some time later, Chinese New Year Visitations take more of a toll on me than any kind of love I've ever had.

*I blame it on all. those. goodbyes.*
Asides from format, he seems somewhat similar to Roland, almost too much methinks in their desire to stay low Thankfully, rest of his profile does set up his unique persona, including his illusion spells and... I think he's gonna get along with alot of HOTBLOODED characters here

And yes, "The Good Sheperd has to tend to his... flock. Especially when they have gone... unruly."

*sends sawblade flying at zombie*

Closed Thread