AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-21, 04:28   Link #101
blewin

well, it's certain that Slaine has taken her elsewhere. She may awake up without her memories! (oh, can so see that coming) or that she's really dead and her death would drive Slaine to finally become a more useful protagonist in S2.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2014-09-21, 08:54   Link #102
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

At this point I'm not convinced that the Princess could die if she wanted to, and I'm only half joking.

All of this is even making me re-think the assumption that she's telling the truth about a decoy being used in her initial assassination attempt. The only part of it that holds up is that I can't imagine that her handmaiden wouldn't have been in the car with her.
Old 2014-09-21, 12:01   Link #103
Thess

I don't mind if she survives, but I would prefer if she stays dead after her 'fake outs' three times. I think the biggest reason why she could die isn't even her gunshots but because Slaine acquired Aldnoah administration rights or he wouldn't have started the Tharsis drive which was basically the only thing that kept her important and unique to the plot.

On the other hand, Kensho Ono did say something like the princess doesn't need two knights in that last interview, didn't he? That might imply she has chances to survive. I don't know, her fate was left more ambiguous than Inaho's on purpose. So I can't be confident with her chances of survival or death.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-21, 17:52   Link #104
HandofFate

Just finished the last episode.

lol, how many times is the Princess going to die?

Anyway, with the vague conclusion about the whereabouts of the Princess in the last lines, I assume she's still alive.

The last shot just glazed her skull, and the force knocked her unconscious.
Old 2014-09-21, 18:34   Link #105
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't mind if she survives, but I would prefer if she stays dead after her 'fake outs' three times.
I agree with this. Not to mention that I don't see many interesting places left for her character to go even if she does survive. Well, aside from places that would satisfy shippers.

If Asseylum survives this as well, nobody is going to take the next Asseylum "death scene" seriously. So if she survives this, I hope this is the last "death scene" we get of her. If she survives this, but was to die for realz later on in Cour 2, it would honestly feel horribly anti-climatic.
Old 2014-09-21, 18:49   Link #106
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I won't mind her staying dead as along as we have a proper female lead for s2.
Old 2014-09-21, 19:02   Link #107
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Same here. It would be the smart thing to kill her off. What more can she offer to the story? But at the same time I could see them keeping her alive.

@DevilHigh I've said it before, I can see Rayet being promoted to new female MC. She would make a natural foil to Slaine. Besides I need a main or major character to root for me to stay with the story.
Old 2014-09-21, 19:46   Link #108
Spirit Icana

I posted this in the Inaho thread, but on the Aldnoah Zero OST there is a track called "AL°C-@" which is read as "Allusia", the princess' last name.

The song is sung by Cyua in German and the track has NOT been used in the anime thus far.

Hint of things to come?
Old 2014-09-21, 19:58   Link #109
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Same here. It would be the smart thing to kill her off. What more can she offer to the story? But at the same time I could see them keeping her alive.

@DevilHigh I've said it before, I can see Rayet being promoted to new female MC. She would make a natural foil to Slaine. Besides I need a main or major character to root for me to stay with the story.
I agree with this. There doesn't seem to much she could offer the story anymore if she is alive. I can see them keeping her alive I just can't see any real role for her.

We made before the prediction that Rayet is going to become a MC since without Inaho she seems to make the most sense for an Earth protagonist. Not to mention she makes a good foil to Slaine and her development sorta contrasted Slaine's.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:03   Link #110
Ryuga

I liked Asseylum, she had the right idea IMO. There could've been negotiations that potentially could've benefited both Earth and Vers (resources in exchange for tech and so on) without all the bloodshed. Well, I guess Vers would probably want to keep their tech for themselves anyway and Earth is all but ripe for the taking.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:06   Link #111
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Question for anyone:

If they do decide to keep Asseylum alive, how should she be used? What would you do with her? What would you see as the best case scenario or worst case scenario?
Old 2014-09-21, 20:06   Link #112
lubczyk

Maybe they could focus on the Princess trying to kill her grandfather to stop the war? For example, she shames Slaine into helping her assassinate her father to atone for his murder of Inaho and leaving her like Stephen Hawking. Oh yeah, she can't talk now, but uses Vocaloid software to communicate. She enlists the aid of Rayet and the Deculion crew for the assassination plot.

This could go places for her character.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2014-09-21 at 20:24.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:08   Link #113
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Maybe they could focus on the Princess trying to kill her father to stop the war? For example, she shames Slaine into helping her assassinate her father to atone for his murder of Inaho and leaving her like Stephen Hawking. Oh yeah, she can't talk now, but using Vocaloid software to communicate. She enlists the aid of Rayet and the Deculion crew for the assassination plot.

This could go places for her character.
Her father is already dead, you mean her grandfather who is at death's door? I agree with you there are places for her, but the main issue is something I brought earlier: the feudal system brought by Vers is very tied to her very existence. She's a living symbol for it.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-21, 20:08   Link #114
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:

As long as she held the crown to Vers Empire's throne I guessed that she will be Queen at the finale to led her people to peace with the Terran. Which is to me the biggest plot armor she possessed if they intended for a co-existence ending or a happier ending. But if they're going for a Terran losing and Martians winning ending (very likely) than well she lost that plot armor.

A speculation of mine about the ending of the series will be her to relinquished the Versians Royal's exclusive right to Aldnoah. This which make everyone able to utilized Aldnoah, thus a "Aldnoah Zero" ending because everyone can used Aldnoah and its no longer anything special. Make everybody equal so there no more who superior or who inferior argument, a great way to shut those Terran-hating bigots up in the Mars.

Edit: All my predictions are for happiers ending, so really it depend.
Well hopefully it will be a happy ending... Hopefully...

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-09-21 at 20:27.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:11   Link #115
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
Question for anyone:

If they do decide to keep Asseylum alive, how should she be used? What would you do with her? What would you see as the best case scenario or worst case scenario?
For one thing, there's still A LOT of castles still needed to be shut down and only Asseylum can do that.

If both Inaho and Asseylum are alive, I believe that it would be her that will give him the Alnoah factor.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:27   Link #116
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Her father is already dead, you mean her grandfather who is at death's door? I agree with you there are places for her, but the main issue is something I brought earlier: the feudal system brought by Vers is very tied to her very existence. She's a living symbol for it.
Whoops! Sorry for the typo. I just think it would be more interesting and feasible than trying to destroy 46-ish? knights in 12 episodes. How else can they do that outside of a montage?

It's not whether the Princess is alive or not, I just think an assassination plot would fit better in such a short series. Plus, the pieces are already there with Rayet, the Deucalion crew, Slaine, et cetera.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2014-09-21 at 20:37.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:31   Link #117
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Time-skip. However that might be a bit of a cop-out.

@DevilHigh And then in the epilogue it shows that they've put aside differences and establish a new galactic empire.
Old 2014-09-21, 20:46   Link #118
zerriet

I honestly believe its too early for her to die since she was a really nice character ( and waifu material). I rather her learn the truth about what happened in season 2 and develop conviction to really change the entire system for the better
Old 2014-09-22, 09:10   Link #119
Fjoergyn

I want princess to be dead solely because half of the twists in the show so far have been faking her death. Just ridiculous.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:17   Link #120
nooneagain

kay guys I have a question for you
does ntr(netorare) = love triangle with the girl ended up with the 2nd guy? I see people joking about Inaho ntr'd slaine but really to me it seemed to be just an ordinary love triangle(if you can even call it that),
In that case then every case of love triangle with girl ending with the other guy is also ntr?
well I admit my knowledge of ntr came from hentai mangas and that is: 1. the heroine has feelings for guy1 or is in a relationship with him and 2. guy2 comes and steals her....it's usually that...but I don't see condition #1 being satisfied in their case...someone clear this up for me please?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters