4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-26, 08:26   Link #81
Sciel
Etoilé

Half the episode was a recap of what we've seen so far . Sorta disappointing ): .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:29   Link #82
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't know, I've been travelling around the internets and been across quite a few bloggers that seem poised to bash this episode into the ground.

Most of the people who are really enjoying this series seem excited though. It looks like Neena has hit the right notes with people.

Lesson I've learned is, always try to end on a positive note.
"Oh, it's a recap episode cum HAXXXX (sorry, couldn't resist) Gundams! Bring the torches and the pitchforks people!"

Or something like that?

Well, people tend to remember the negative things from when they last saw a piece of crap. I prefer to remain positive and look at the things which stand out to be good rather than those which are bad or in the typical bashers' sense, terrible.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:33   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The most surprising part of the episode for me was that Haro's voice..
Old 2008-01-26, 08:50   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
"Oh, it's a recap episode cum HAXXXX (sorry, couldn't resist) Gundams! Bring the torches and the pitchforks people!"

Or something like that?

Well, people tend to remember the negative things from when they last saw a piece of crap. I prefer to remain positive and look at the things which stand out to be good rather than those which are bad or in the typical bashers' sense, terrible.
No, the recap part would be the obvious thing to get upset over, I'm not particulary psyched about that prospect myself either. No I'm thinking more along the lines of something like how Neena's midriff bearing outfit is blatant fanservice and the that the series is trying to appeal to Moe fans now by introducing a peppy female Gundam pilot. Note that that isn't actually my view, but a parody of just how weird some of the critiques I've seen of the series can be. Something completely unexpected and wildly out of the blue that most people wouldn't even consider, let alone feel is a series killing issue.

For example one website I saw gave Gundam 00 a worst series/biggest letdown of 2007 Award for as far as I can tell from their write-up, being "to much like the original series" and the Gundam Nadleeh having hairlike strands (this was about 6 episodes back mind that they decided how awful the show apparently is), That is the basic extent of it. I don't recall the Arm Slave Gauron had having that hair-like protrusion, Codarl there or whatever, being nearly such an issue back when FMP aired so I'm confused by this one as I am most of the really heavy critiques I've seen of the series.

I do seriously hope though that people do give the series more of a chance now. I see a lot of new faces in this sub-forum and it kind of brightens my day through the worst of the arrows being flung at what I think is shaping up to be an interesting series. If only some would give it more time.....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-26 at 09:00.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:09   Link #85
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
No, the recap part would be the obvious thing to get upset over, I'm not particulary psyched about that prospect myself either. No I'm thinking more along the lines of something like how Neena's midriff bearing outfit is blatant fanservice and the that the series is trying to appeal to Moe fans now by introducing a peppy female Gundam pilot. Note that that isn't actually my view, but a parody of just how weird some of the critiques I've seen of the series can be. Something completely unexpected and wildly out of the blue that most people wouldn't even consider, let alone feel it's a series killing issue.
Ah, that. I was wondering about the purpose of the outfit itself. Bearing the midriff was most certainly not essential, so I guess you're right about 00 trying to appeal more to Moe fans. Almost seems like they weren't confident that Wang Liu Mei and Feldt could bring in those kind of viewers.

Considering that the first thing viewers would look for is always the few points which might lessen the enjoyment or serve as a negative point for the series, I'm actually not too surprised that the few small things can be blown out of proportion and we have "reality checks" for every nitty gritty detail in the show. Not that it's a bad thing to have it, but when the fantasy of the situation kicks in, I wonder why people wouldn't just sit back and admit that there will be a bit of unrealistic things happening.

Quote:
I do seriously hope though that people do give the series more of a chance now. I see a lot of new faces in this sub-forum and it kind of brightens my day through the worst of the arrows being flung at what I think is shaping up to be an interesting series. If only some would give it more time.....
One strange thing about a long-running series for some is that even when they criticise it, they continue to watch it either in the hopes that it gets better from their POV or watch to see how "terrible" it becomes. Wonder what blogs you go to, because apparently lots of people here are rather excited about one aspect of the show or the other despite any flaws pointed out.
Old 2008-01-26, 09:13   Link #86
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Half the episode was a recap of what we've seen so far . Sorta disappointing ): .
It's more like 10 minutes or so of action,and the recap part wasn't all that bad as it did have new material.While Alejandro was talking to the "CB" representatives the Throne pilots were also supposedly dogging the main team out on their ship for almost messing up.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:14   Link #87
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renasis_force View Post
any pic of the mothership from the thrones?
Spoiler for Here:

Spoiler for And some Zwei vs Overflag action from the preview::

Spoiler for Gattai!!:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:19   Link #88
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
For example one website I saw gave Gundam 00 a worst series/biggest letdown of 2007 Award for as far as I can tell from their write-up, being "to much like the original series" and the Gundam Nadleeh having hairlike strands (this was about 6 episodes back mind that they decided how awful the show apparently is), That is the basic extent of it. I don't recall the Arm Slave Gauron had having that hair-like protrusion, Codarl there or whatever, being nearly such an issue back when FMP aired so I'm confused by this one as I am most of the really heavy critiques I've seen of the series.
Simple. Because this is Gundam show, so they won't accept anything that somehow different or new, yet complain about how unoriginal this part is or that part is.
Basically, when they hate it, they won't see any positive point about it. I admit that I was having a hard time seeing any bad point about the show, because I like it, but when people point it out, and I see that they're right, then they're right (after some argument, of course).
Old 2008-01-26, 09:22   Link #89
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Alright this is probably one and only recap episode that I actually liked. The Thrones were very impressive in this episode, but like I said before they probably looked stronger then they should be, also damn I already love Nena . Also can anyone try to figure out what each of these artwork means? I am just wondering if there is any message behind these artwork, these can't be random.

Old 2008-01-26, 09:24   Link #90
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Spoiler for Gattai!!:
That looks disturbing
Old 2008-01-26, 09:40   Link #91
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
It's more like 10 minutes or so of action,and the recap part wasn't all that bad as it did have new material.While Alejandro was talking to the "CB" representatives the Throne pilots were also supposedly dogging the main team out on their ship for almost messing up.
Its actually more like 4-5 minutes of mecha action(about 12 seconds of the part before the opening was new) which after episode 15 (which was awesome) was sort of disappointing since 15 hyped this episode up so much.
I didn't mind the recap part too much actually since at least it wasn't one whole episode . Can't wait for the next episode though as the preview looks awesome (BUSTER SWORD )

PS: Did anyone notice that the GN Fangs can be used a stabbing weapons too besides shooting beams ?
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:43   Link #92
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Yeah, it was picked up on in the prior pages
Old 2008-01-26, 09:44   Link #93
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Its actually more like 4-5 minutes of mecha action(about 12 seconds of the part before the opening was new) which after episode 15 (which was awesome) was sort of disappointing since 15 hyped this episode up so much.
I didn't mind the recap part too much actually since at least it wasn't one whole episode . Can't wait for the next episode though as the preview looks awesome (BUSTER SWORD )

PS: Did anyone notice that the GN Fangs can be used a stabbing weapons too besides shooting beams ?
I did add in the the previous,so you are pretty much right.

Minus opening,and prequel of episode 15 about 6-7 minutes
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:50   Link #94
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well from what I see, Johann is like an even more mature version of Lockon (albeit with a horrid sense of fashion), Michael is like Lockon with that sarcasm/immaturity amplified ten times over, and Neena's (pronounced Nay-na, not knee-na)...well...Neena's just a hottie and a cutie at the same time...also, her Haro's a girl ^_^. Orange-kun X Blue-chan? (LOL ^_^)

If I had to pick which one of the Thrones were to be a villain, it'd be Michael for being so nutso, then Johann for blindingly following orders from whoever, and Neena just seems too fun-loving to do something evil.

Alright...where the hell was Alejandro? Talk about shady!
Old 2008-01-26, 09:54   Link #95
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
her Haro's a girl
OH.... DEAR God..... Did it say something like.... "Shut up!"?

lol then....that alone if proven true will be reason enough for me to watch.... NEENA FTW!!!!!
Old 2008-01-26, 10:09   Link #96
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Wow the new episode was awesome~

Really like the Thrones and of course Neena~~~
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:14   Link #97
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Haha, the "ace pilots" are about to get OWNED.

And yeah, Neena seems way good. If she ends up on the same side as the current Meisters...expect a Setsuna/Neena pairing.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:16   Link #98
Nu Gundam

Spoiler for Gundam 00 Spoiler:
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 10:19   Link #99
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

That looks like some superweapon ready to fire whenever required. O.o

Spoiler:

What's with the SetsunaxNeena pairing? Not that I'm complaining, but I just want to know the basis for the rumor, that's all.
Old 2008-01-26, 10:23   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
but I just want to know the basis for the rumor
Speculation.

I could see it happening, though that doesn't mean i think it should happen. I want to see how their conversation, and how they act for the first time together.