AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 23:44   Link #241
Hedd
Random Object

I'm suddenly hit with the urge to do a Yumekui Merry AMV using A7X - Nightmare.....
Old 2011-01-14, 23:47   Link #242
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrini6000 View Post
Spoiler for Review.:
I agree completely. (except I'm dropping it, lol) I even mentioned that bit about the clock tower in a previous post.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:59   Link #243
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I have to say, this second episode really drove me off the edge of the cliff and onwards to victory, like wearing one of those Mario flying caps.

While the first episode proved to me it would be a quirky series, I didn't find too much interest in the idea. The only thing really catching my eye being John Doe's pure awesomeness.

But the second episode. Man, I am astounded by the incredible quality of animation and design put into it. Seria's (did I get her name right?) nightmare was filled with intense win, so much so I felt like going to bed right that instant and initiating one of my dream-control modes.

I expect a lot of good to come out of this series, and I'm sure it won't disappoint me.
Old 2011-01-15, 02:12   Link #244
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Really great episode. Better than the first. Held my attention the entire time. The animation is lovely, and the details in the Dream World are always so eye-catching and wonderful to look at. I'm REALLY sad about Serio and Yumi. That was sad. I hope that wasn't just something to be written off and that Merry eventually kicks that particular Dream Demon's ass. Also, I loved Serio's design.

And I agree with Cabrini on the perspective/scale on some things present in the show. It IS off at times. But it's not overly persistent or distracting, so I can deal with it.

I adore Merry. I was annoyed by Isana at first, but I like her now. I'm also glad Yumeji isn't a pussy. Totally loving this series more and more.
Old 2011-01-15, 03:39   Link #245
dark998

No awesome fight in episode 2, but I still liked it more than 1. More info about the setting/world is always welcome, plus Isana and her father are very nice characters, I liked the "Nozoking" pun . Yumeji has seen her bathing 15 times? Lucky dude.

Im digging Merry more too, that reaction when she tasted the donut was so adorable.

Some interesting plot points as well (girl attacked by a dream demon, new transfer student) But next episode won't deal with them yet, it seems.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 05:37   Link #246
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A much better 2nd episode, animation was good but lacking angles (like focusing on Merry's belly button instead of her face when she's pondering, wtf?), we also got to know quite a few things, so I can speculate in peace that:
1) New transfer student is the vessel of the sadistic muma that killed Serio.
2) When a linked muma dies, vessel loses their will (or so it seemed near the end).
3) Yumeji is a pervert...
Fav character for now is Isana's father, he's pretty kind for such a scary face, what with the eye scar, hairstyle and angular face.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:06   Link #247
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
it seems that all J.C. Staff male leads had no problems on seeing naked girls & acted like its just your normal daily basis...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:39   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This series continues to please me and I shall watch it (despite any ponderous shakespearean antics by the villain ).
Old 2011-01-15, 08:18   Link #249
s07195
However,

Is it possible to make an avy of Yumeji in ep 1 holding his finger to show the nightmare color?
Old 2011-01-15, 09:06   Link #250
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
*subscribes to thread*; this series is great!
Old 2011-01-15, 09:41   Link #251
satomianzaki

yeah this series is really interesting...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 10:57   Link #252
kyouray
2D > 3D

I think some people confuse art and animation because animation isn't really stunning in this episode except some scenes (dream world at the end or the TV show they were watching ). However art is sure very nice and gorgeous scenery helps too (Kenji Matsumoto drew alone the backgrounds for this episode).
This was a nice episode with a great atmosphere but this direction may bore some people who expected more action. But it seems everyone agrees that Merry is cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It made me wonder in the whose dream was it really to become a nurse. If it was Yumi's, then you'd think that she would remember to pick up her belongings. If it was Serio's, then it made sense that once Serio was "disconnected" from Yumi that she wouldn't be interested anymore.
I was also wondering this. We easily forget dreams so it'd the case for inhabitants of the dream world. Yumi forgot Serio but we can't say she forgot her new dream yet (even if it seems so). Maybe Serio awoke an unconscious will like hypnosis.
Old 2011-01-15, 11:46   Link #253
Marina2

Wow... so many original characters introduced in ep.2 I start to wonder what kind of original ending J.C. staff will give us.

Right now, from OP, I can see that they planned to use the content from manga up to vol. 2-3 and they will use original content after that.

By the way, the original content in ep2 helped us to understand [dreamworld] better. It's very nice.

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-01-15 at 11:58.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 11:59   Link #254
Wakan Tanka

In my 2 cents. =)

The way Yumi looked toward the end of the episode after Cerio got eaten and the way the transfer student acted..are similar, I believe that the transfer student seems to be victimized by a Dream Demon, too.
Old 2011-01-15, 12:02   Link #255
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
In my 2 cents.

The way Yumi looked toward the end of the episode after and the way the Transfer Student acted..are similar, I believe that the transfer student seems to be victimized by a Dream Demon, too.
I think that she was shown at the end of episode 1 in the dream world.
Old 2011-01-15, 13:08   Link #256
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is it possible to make an avy of Yumeji in ep 1 holding his finger to show the nightmare color?
You want this thread.
Old 2011-01-15, 14:46   Link #257
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm surprised to see such mixed reviews to this episode, which I loved. Did anyone else feel like it was about to end about 10 times, though, and just kept going? It was like watching "Return of the King" - but in a good way. It felt long and it was unbelievably packed with content - but it didn't feel rushed to me. I liked all of the new threads being woven, I liked the new characters (Keiji Fujiwara FTW) and even the blatent otaku pandering moments didn't bother me that much.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:37   Link #258
drsypher

I rather enjoyed this episode, even the shower scene. It was a bit different from the usual, though not too different. Instead of freaking out, Yumeji tried to act cool and tried to make casual conversation and while Isana reacted typically, I like how Merry didn't care at all. It wasn't the highlight of the episode at all, but I did like the minor differences there that made it not seem like "oh it's THIS again..."

Though, as a manga reader, the addition of Yumi and Serio along with the transfer student situation did confuse me a little, being new additions and all. It's also quite apparent that the teacher isn't just a normal teacher. With all these new additions, it definitely seems like they're going for an original ending here, which would make sense considering the manga is not done yet. I wonder if it'll be a conclusive one or just a season-ender. Well, at least now I'm not so sure of how this season is going to end, which isn't a bad thing.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:55   Link #259
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:26   Link #260
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that she was shown at the end of episode 1 in the dream world.
That's right...

Tags
fantasy, seinen