Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-14, 13:20   Link #41
Nerroth
NePoi!

EDIT: oops.

So far as the Saber/Iri/Ilya thing goes, I was under the impression that she simply felt that telling Shirou was pointless - or worse, that him trying to act on it would get them both killed. (She was going in expecting the war to be like the one/s she had fought already, and only gradually adjusted to the very different circumstances that played out this time around.)

I could imagine the topic coming up post-UBW-Good, however.
Old 2013-07-14, 13:22   Link #42
Ringil

HF, despite Sakura being annoying, has by far the most epic moments in FSN. The final day is like holy crap this is amazing. I kinda wonder how they will deal with the constant sex scenes though.
Old 2013-07-14, 13:24   Link #43
GDB

Depends on whether they have free reign or not. If ufoTABLE gets to choose, I imagine they'll just it the US way where it's alluded to but not shown (as seen in Fate/Zero). If they're forced by Geneon to go with Realta Nua, then we'll get stupid vampirism.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:02   Link #44
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Because she rarely even appears and isn't really plot relevant, but Saber was plot relevant for all three routes.
So?

Just because she's "plot relevant" in HF that doesn't mean she has a magical right to be treated better than Sakura is in Fate and UBW. Plus, Sakura is relevant in those routes, it's just more in tbe background....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Honestly I would love for the F/SN remake to be a continuation of Fate/Zero, like a direct continuation. I know F/SN does get to some content from F/Z but if they were more direct about it, that'd be great. Irisviel was never mentioned in F/SN if I recall (might be wrong). It was a nice touch at least for Studio DEEN to mention some bits from Fate/Zero, before the light novels were released too? Praise Kinoko
Honestly, I'm not sure how it could be any more of a "direct continuation" than FSN already is. Most of the characters are dead, and even Saber isn't really in a position to reminisce about the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I actually agree with this there some scenes that they could add that could tie it to zero ilya revealing she is kiritsugu's daughter or rin finding out kirei killing her father( which i don't believe happened in any of the routes that i remember) or waver showing up in them granted the only routes that should add scenes to connect to zero more are fate and UBW, hf doesn't really need it
I believe Kotomine does inform Rin that he killed her father in at least one route. And, similarly, Ilya reveals that she's Kiritsugu's daughter at least once.

But, they do have to be careful about doing stuff like that, because it could potentially radically change the route. Shirou knowing of his relationship to Ilya more directly would give him a lot more understanding of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
EDIT: oops.

So far as the Saber/Iri/Ilya thing goes, I was under the impression that she simply felt that telling Shirou was pointless - or worse, that him trying to act on it would get them both killed. (She was going in expecting the war to be like the one/s she had fought already, and only gradually adjusted to the very different circumstances that played out this time around.)

I could imagine the topic coming up post-UBW-Good, however.
I believe it has been stated that Saber is not aware of Ilya being Iri's daughter. She just thinks that Ilya is some other Einsbern-brand homonculus. She knows Kiritsugu had a daughter, but she (quite reasonably) assumes that said daughter will have aged 10 years and, thus, not look like a 10-year-old....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
HF, despite Sakura being annoying, has by far the most epic moments in FSN. The final day is like holy crap this is amazing. I kinda wonder how they will deal with the constant sex scenes though.
Well, it was done in Realta Nua by having Sakura suck blood. But, they could just cut them and allude to it, like GDB says.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:16   Link #45
LostHanyou

Quote:
I actually agree with this there some scenes that they could add that could tie it to zero ilya revealing she is kiritsugu's daughter or rin finding out kirei killing her father( which i don't believe happened in any of the routes that i remember) or waver showing up in them granted the only routes that should add scenes to connect to zero more are fate and UBW, hf doesn't really need it
UBW route Rin finds out

Also, Shirou does know Ilya is Kiritsugu's daughter in HF route.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:31   Link #46
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
UBW route Rin finds out

Also, Shirou does know Ilya is Kiritsugu's daughter in HF route.
i did say that i remember, though i do think that it might of been better for rin to find out in the fate route which would give more meaning to the dagger she gave shirou that he used to kill kirei with, maybe thats just me
Old 2013-07-14, 17:41   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Anyway, guys, I do remember in DEEN’s F/SN, during Saber & Shirou’s date, there’s this conversation between Saber & Shirou in front of the body of a sunken ship. There, Saber said that the ship sunk due to a fight she's done in previous war in Fuyuki City (I assume it refers to events in F/Zero), yet, I don’t recall there’s a battle in F/Zero involving Saber that made a ship sinking. So, is that “sunken ship” plot DEEN’s original material? My memory about F/SN game is a bit hazy.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:44   Link #48
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anyway, guys, I do remember in DEEN’s F/SN, during Saber & Shirou’s date, there’s this conversation between Saber & Shirou in front of the body of a sunken ship. There, Saber said that the ship sunk due to a fight she's done in previous war in Fuyuki City (I assume it refers to events in F/Zero), yet, I don’t recall there’s a battle in F/Zero involving Saber that made a ship sinking. So, is that “sunken ship” plot DEEN’s original material? My memory about F/SN game is a bit hazy.
i think it happened when saber used excalibur to defeat caster that is the only fight i remember that happened over water in fate zero granted i could be wrong
Old 2013-07-14, 17:51   Link #49
GDB

If it's not original, it's probably from the battle against Caster in the river.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:55   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i think it happened when saber used excalibur to defeat caster that is the only fight i remember that happened over water in fate zero granted i could be wrong
But isn’t that fight happened on a river? IIRC the sunken ship in DEEN’s F/SN was located in a coastal area of Fuyuki City, and it's a big ship (think of a freighter).
Old 2013-07-14, 18:14   Link #51
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
According to latest tweets and reports from 2ch, announcement teaser was a composition of scenes from all three routes with Emiya as bgm. So probably a complete remake. But still nothing officially confirmed.
That would be the logical decision, I'd think. A complete remake of the entire Fate/Stay Night game, including the Fate and UBW routes, rather than a HF anime would be incredibly lucrative after the success of Fate/Zero. They would be able to make a triple box set release over the course of 3 years for maximum profit.

We still have to wait to see if they actually decide to go down that route or not, since we are still unsure what they intend to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Heaven's Feel is basically a direct sequel to F/Z.
Yes, but only in the same way that Fate is the direct sequel to F/Z, and UBW being the other direct sequel to F/Z, since F/Z was written as the shared origin for the entire game.

I don't think that any one route represents itself as the successor to F/Z, since the novel was written with the idea that it provides background for all three routes, and all of them need to be read in full in order to flesh out the story in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Depends on whether they have free reign or not. If ufoTABLE gets to choose, I imagine they'll just it the US way where it's alluded to but not shown (as seen in Fate/Zero). If they're forced by Geneon to go with Realta Nua, then we'll get stupid vampirism.
I really doubt they would use the original PC game script even if they were given free reign, since the RN version is considered the ''proper'' vision of F/SN (so there would be on mention of sex, moreso if it is a full remake of all 3 routes). That, and I don't think either Geneon or Kadokawa will be very willing to give that impression of the game (esp. with the Vita port that came out recently).

The most I could imagine them doing what they did with the scene in the church with Kariya and Aoi in the one
Spoiler for just in case:
so it would have a very sexual subtext, which is the farthest I see them going.
Old 2013-07-14, 18:25   Link #52
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
HF is impossible to air on TV and keep its story coherent (for the same reason as it sucked in Realta Nua... the kid adaption of F/S VN for the PS), it can only work as a OVA (maybe a movie), and even then it has to be significantly modified to remove graphic sex and violence, like the third story of Rakkyou... So remaking the Fate or UBW routes would make much more sense, since their anime adaptions weren't good enough, like Rakkyou's.
Old 2013-07-14, 18:38   Link #53
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yes, but only in the same way that Fate is the direct sequel to F/Z, and UBW being the other direct sequel to F/Z, since F/Z was written as the shared origin for the entire game.

I don't think that any one route represents itself as the successor to F/Z, since the novel was written with the idea that it provides background for all three routes, and all of them need to be read in full in order to flesh out the story in full.
Obviously they're all literally sequels to F/Z, but that isn't the point. F/Z brings up a lot of plot points that are not even close to addressed in either of the other two routes, hence why HF is the most "true" second half of the story.

Quote:
The most I could imagine them doing what they did with the scene in the church with Kariya and Aoi in the one
Spoiler for just in case:
so it would have a very sexual subtext, which is the farthest I see them going.
Like I said, allude but do not show. It's better than replacing, and it's what they did in F/Z with both that scene and the ones involving Sakura and the worms.
Old 2013-07-14, 19:24   Link #54
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
But isn’t that fight happened on a river? IIRC the sunken ship in DEEN’s F/SN was located in a coastal area of Fuyuki City, and it's a big ship (think of a freighter).
When I saw the ship, I thought of the ship Kiritsugu was driving when he was on the river. When he fired the flare, he was on something like a dinghy. The ship he was on might've been damaged from the blast from Excalibur.
Old 2013-07-14, 19:53   Link #55
Wigwams

Yes its the same ship. In F/Z kiritsugu put it there to absorb excalibur's attack so it wont cause further damage.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:20   Link #56
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
i did say that i remember, though i do think that it might of been better for rin to find out in the fate route which would give more meaning to the dagger she gave shirou that he used to kill kirei with, maybe thats just me
Possibly, but UBW is Rin's route, so it figures that important revelations like that will come out there.

You have to remember that, whilst they are three different routes, they are still one story. It might make Fate better if they did that, but it would make the other two routes a lot worse if every important revelation in them was spoilered in Fate.

Quote:
I'm not aware of Fuyuki having a coast, as such. But, even if it does, that coast is just the estury of the river in question.

And, yes, that ship is from the fight with Caster. Kiritsugu moves it there so that it will absorb the force of Saber's Excaliblast rather than letting it hit the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
HF is impossible to air on TV and keep its story coherent (for the same reason as it sucked in Realta Nua... the kid adaption of F/S VN for the PS), it can only work as a OVA (maybe a movie), and even then it has to be significantly modified to remove graphic sex and violence, like the third story of Rakkyou...
Fate/Zero is actually far darker than HF. If they can manage to make that, then they can make HF.

Quote:
So remaking the Fate or UBW routes would make much more sense, since their anime adaptions weren't good enough, like Rakkyou's.
Perhaps, but at least they have adaptations....
Old 2013-07-15, 08:55   Link #57
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Fate/Zero is actually far darker than HF. If they can manage to make that, then they can make HF.
The problem is not it being dark, but it has content for mature viewers relevant to the plot... actually integral to the plot (unlike the other two routes), so it will be very hard to adapt in a coherent manner.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:23   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I'm not aware of Fuyuki having a coast, as such. But, even if it does, that coast is just the estury of the river in question.

And, yes, that ship is from the fight with Caster. Kiritsugu moves it there so that it will absorb the force of Saber's Excaliblast rather than letting it hit the city.
I’ll just leave this here since images speaks louder than words.

Spoiler for Just a small issue addressed in reference to events in F/Zero. Nothing much.:
Old 2013-07-15, 10:55   Link #59
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I’ll just leave this here since images speaks louder than words.

Spoiler for Just a small issue addressed in reference to events in F/Zero. Nothing much.:
There are 2 possible explanations for this scene which I can think of.
- This is an anime only scene
- Gen changed the location of the battle

I wonder which of these it is or if it is none of these.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:09   Link #60
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The problem is not it being dark, but it has content for mature viewers relevant to the plot... actually integral to the plot (unlike the other two routes), so it will be very hard to adapt in a coherent manner.
Right, and Caster murdering children isn't relevant to the plot of Zero...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
There are 2 possible explanations for this scene which I can think of.
- This is an anime only scene
- Gen changed the location of the battle

I wonder which of these it is or if it is none of these.
Or, it's in a river estuary, which leads out into the sea....
Closed Thread