AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-09, 06:05   Link #6881
Waxman

Ok, i will try to keep myself in check using meditation techniques.
Its just that every new year a roster of characters will depart and althoug this time we know that very likely we get to see the important ones (Mayumi and Katsuto) regularly the next year half a docen according to my (admitedly lacking) knowledge will need to be reemplaced. That must be exausting and no other serie that do the same comes to mind.
Old 2013-10-09, 07:27   Link #6882
Go10
Unlimited Manga Works

Ok i dont know if i will get an answer but here i go : some of you know where I can get my hands on mahouka ? I think some volumes are licensed right ?
Old 2013-10-09, 07:33   Link #6883
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go10 View Post
Ok i dont know if i will get an answer but here i go : some of you know where I can get my hands on mahouka ? I think some volumes are licensed right ?
If by licensed you mean by an english publishing company then no. How could this get licensed when it doesn't even have an anime? Read it on BT.
Old 2013-10-09, 07:38   Link #6884
Go10
Unlimited Manga Works

I already read until vol9 and waiting for vol10 to be translated. Just wanted to know if I could get it since it DOES have an anime now.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:57   Link #6885
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Ok, i will try to keep myself in check using meditation techniques.
Its just that every new year a roster of characters will depart and althoug this time we know that very likely we get to see the important ones (Mayumi and Katsuto) regularly the next year half a docen according to my (admitedly lacking) knowledge will need to be reemplaced. That must be exausting and no other serie that do the same comes to mind.
Oh you dont have to worry about mayumi, since she seems like a fairly popular character in the series i bet they will keep her around. Personally i was always a fan of her and valentine's day made me love her even more
Old 2013-10-09, 19:29   Link #6886
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go10 View Post
I already read until vol9 and waiting for vol10 to be translated. Just wanted to know if I could get it since it DOES have an anime now.
There's no chance of an english publication until after said anime airs. Besides, I wouldn't really count on it unless it became ragingly popular like SAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222
There is a new event in the 2nd year 9 school competition:Steeplechase Cross country.
You mean that Olympics thing involving jumping over bars? Sounds a little boring even if you throw magic into the mix.
Old 2013-10-09, 23:40   Link #6887
Waxman

I greatly doubt they would simply put bars to jump over, somehow i have the hunch that they will use a more interesting kind of "obstacles"
Old 2013-10-10, 00:38   Link #6888
Voceane

Quote:
I greatly doubt they would simply put bars to jump over, somehow i have the hunch that they will use a more interesting kind of "obstacles"
If this info is real, then it's mean that Tatsuya will have to go for this. There no way, the don't force him to compete. And if he go for the cross country, he have to go for the monolith too.

One more thing, what the use of the class for magic technician. If they don't cast fast enough they aren't good? But with loopcast the speed is no more a good indicator.
Old 2013-10-10, 00:44   Link #6889
CatRules
Shipper

I remember Eimi rode a horse in Youtousei?
Old 2013-10-10, 01:15   Link #6890
Waxman

Eimi did, i havent set an eye in the next chapters raw so i don't know if she would have some screen time or was just a presentation.
About loop cast, it increase the speed of the re-cast of the same spell, the first time its still determined by the magician capabilities.
Maybe because i like westerns but i have the understanding that the faster one, has adventage (as long as he strike first).
Old 2013-10-10, 03:25   Link #6891
pampz21
ShipCore

Dont forget that Taurus silver created the loop cast...unless the other school have pros on their team its impossible to recreate loop cast system....so dont count it would be a fair fight

Btw im psych to know whos going to be the va of my goddess, I think Inoue Marina would be a good choice

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-10-10, 03:30   Link #6892
Seitsuki
Onee!

Miyuki's VA is already decided, it's Hayami.
Old 2013-10-10, 03:47   Link #6893
Mentar
Banned

I think the PV already proves beyond doubt that her "soft" voice is perfect for Miyuki.
Old 2013-10-10, 03:49   Link #6894
Waxman

Probably because when she is in "imouto mode" does give a soft and lovable vibe.
Wich disapears as soon as she enter her "queen mode".
Old 2013-10-10, 05:06   Link #6895
NeutralZero

did they already mentioned who will be voicing Mayumi?
Old 2013-10-10, 09:42   Link #6896
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Yes, October, the Thursday 10 i believe.

How many volumes will have double seven arc? 2 as usual or 3 like "visitor".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I just read that the next volume will be short stories and you say that it will be double seven. So Is it sure that it will be the first part of the double seven?
No indication in the volume title that there will be a second part in the first place.

Maybe this volume will have 14 short stories or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I think you overestimate Mahouka a lot.....Burn Dengeki sure, but burn the animation studio? No....unlikely. It's no Index or Shana which essentially became a major stake for a studio
It's one of the highest selling LNs out there (second highest sales in the first half of 2013, behind only LN juggernaut SAO), at least on par with the likes of Index and Shana (which really is putting it lightly), and the highest selling LN without an anime adaptation. There's no doubt that its popularity will rise even farther with an anime adaptation. In fact, it might even outsell SAO.

Yeah, I can so totally see Madhouse getting burned if they make an anime original ending.

That said, the animation looks decent at worst, judging by the PV, so animation wise there should be no problem. The biggest problem will be how to deal with the massive infodumps in the LNs. Whether Madhouse can pull it off remains to be seen. (I'd rather all the infodumps be retained, but that's just me lol.)

Something tells me it might take 3 cour to finish the first 4 volumes. Even if not 3, definitely at least 2 (which was SAO's pace). This is not a series that you can get away with butchering its story (which will no doubt get Madhouse burned too). And this is a light novel series that releases 1 volume every 2-3 months on average. That's some fast rate (by LN standards at least). Even if the anime goes HxH's way I don't think the source material will burn out.

Aaand also, now LN readers will have to find a new "LN you most want an anime adaptation for that doesn't have one".

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-10-10 at 09:53.
Old 2013-10-12, 06:56   Link #6897
blackwhite67
Banned

More info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222
Tatsuya seems to serve as the main strategist (for 1st high) at the 2nd year 9th school competition. But didn't know he continue his role as an engineer (except to his sister). The sudden announcement of the new event in the competition has thrown the nine sc
Old 2013-10-12, 11:32   Link #6898
Chirst

more pics and interesting news
credited by Mattdamon from Jcafe24
Quote:
Quote:
Found a new picture of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Credited by Richard winter
Spoiler:

You can read Dengeki Bunko 2013 via application online
Spoiler:
Got a picture of novel vol 12
credited by
-Ariel
Spoiler:

Last edited by Chirst; 2013-10-12 at 12:05.
Old 2013-10-12, 15:38   Link #6899
Mentar
Banned

I think we've got to tell Seitsuki not to open the last spoiler without handkerchiefs on hand...
Old 2013-10-12, 16:43   Link #6900
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I think we've got to tell Seitsuki not to open the last spoiler without handkerchiefs on hand...
So, basically....

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings