Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 18:06   Link #481
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
By the way, in my age group, "peer" generally carries the connotation of age group... then again, most of us are still jobless insignificant students, so that may be why.
It only seemed that way to you because you think of "peers" as in equal rank whereas I generally think of it as in age group (thus I assumed there was no need for me to mention "age" again).
Hmmm so you mean that because I'm not a jobless insignificant students I think automatically 'rank' or 'kind of job' when I heard peer?
lol perhaps after all, still i don't remember to have ever used peer when it's matter of age groups

Quote:
That only applies in your healing interpretation; in my blocking interpretation, all Sasuke has done was forcing Ukon to block every blow which is not that significant at all. But either way, in the end, Sakon/Ukon came out with relatively no harm--whether they were forced to spend chakra healing themselves doesn't seem that significant to me, because like I said, in the end they came out unscathed...UNLESS Sakon was actually heavily injured and the person dangling Sasuke by the legs was Ukon. In that case (and the Kankuro example you used), yes, Sasuke actually did something. Otherwise, no.
Actually, even if Ukon was blocking, it must uses chakra to 'move' his body inside the body of his brother, but yeah indeed not that much compared to heal a wound or worse merge with another body.

Quote:
Umm, the Sound Four was just toying with Sasuke. I thought that was pretty apparent by their attitude and facial expressions. Besides, they were confident in their strength compared to him and had numbers; I don't see why they couldn't play around and test out their new "leader."
No, Oro was playing with Sasuke, he could have literally ended the fight by claping his hands (which is precisely what he did ).
The Four Sound was testing Sasuke yes, they could have obliterated him if they had been serious of course (you didn't think that I meant that Sasuke could have beaten them all right? ^^)
But toying is too much of a word, toying would have been without the intervention
of the others whereas Sakon wanted to handle that by himself.
Toying would have been if Sasuke couldn't hold himself at all.

The difference between Oro and them is that Oro completely faked the fight, whereas I think that Sakon came at full force without his cursed seal.

That doesn't change that Sasuke was being beaten, but that changes the gap of how much he was being owned.
And I think that toyed is too strong for the situation.

Quote:
I find it very clear that it was mainly just Sasuke vs Sakon/Ukon. If you meant "during this fight" as in what happened at Kidomaru and Jiroubou's attacks while Sasuke got knocked back at the tree, then my opinion is that while they did hurt him, Sasuke's Lion Combo that followed was not affected significantly by their attacks. If you meant the initially attack (the kawarimi one)...that was just foreplay. ^_^;;
The point isn't that the Lion combo was affected, the point is that Sasuke was fighting against several opponent who struck him in the back, who prevented him to move too far away from Sakon, etc.
Sasuke was pressured by them, that's nothing alike that to fight against only one opponent.

Quote:
Now you are just niptpicking. XD
I see Ukon and all that brotherly love the same way I do with Sharingan, Byakugan, Shukaku, and Kyuubi--they are additional [but inseparable] "abilities." But yes, you can be much more technical if you want.
I really don't think that that's comparable at all.

The Sharingan and Byakugan or any bloodline for that matters aren't additional abilities, that's like saying that being blond or black is additional, this is about genetic, this is what they are.
Shukaku and the Kyubi are different but as you said they're inseparable (so far anyway), they're now part of the user body even if they were added.

But Sakon and Ukon are separable, they can fight without each others.
The only moments where they should re-merge were when they were heavely wounded to rest.

Raikage that's exactly what I think about the special-jounin as well
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:16   Link #482
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnCauzi
Someone mentioned the Demon Brothers, they were absolute crap they don't belong in this convo at all. They are on a whole nother level (suck ass level).
I mentioned the Demon Bros. I was just making a point that Sasuke can handle 2 on 1. To be perfectly honest, are the 4 sound even this great, as this conversation seems to be going? Have we even seen more than one sound ninja who's name is worth remembering? Yeah the Demon Bros are on a different sucky level, there's no question about that, but on that note, that's the reason they are really forgetable. FAST FORWARD on to hopefully 100-200 chapters from now. Will you really remember any Sound Ninja's name except for Kimi's? Man those 4 sound ninja's are truly overrated, but that's just my opinion. Four flunkies that Oro made his special b****es. Fat Bastard (I know his name starts with a J but he ain't even that important to look back at to find out) won't go down in history like Kimi or Zabuzza or even Haku. Spider-man (don't know his name, same rule applies however) obviously graduated top of his class in Calculus and broke Neji down. He can take my Calc test any day, but oops, I forgot, he may be/is dead. Sakon and Ukon (I remember who they are because of them being mentioned in this discussion, just like everyone else from the 4 sound will be remembered), didn't really do anything that amazing. Except split apart. Did they really do anything except split? All of Kiba's injuries were self-inflicted if I'm not mistaken. I mean, that brings up another point about the 4 Sounds not being worth a convo. Kiba outsmarted someone. They used up all their chakra doing what? It wasn't kicking Kiba's a**. Sakon and Ukon are a waste of chakra. Finally, the Pied Piper, this chick did somethings to Shik, I'll give her that, and more than likely, Shik got saved in the nick of time from being killed, we'll never know if he would be killed or not, but this chick gets WEASEL HURRICANE no JUTSUED(don't know the name of the attack, but the chick aint worth it to find out) by Temari.

On the terms of Sasuke, I think he connected, no blocks, no nothing. Sakon just has that great healing.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:21   Link #483
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Hmmm so you mean that because I'm not a jobless insignificant students I think automatically 'rank' or 'kind of job' when I heard peer?
Hehe, I guess so...I've rarely heard of "peer" in rank amongst my friends.

Quote:
That doesn't change that Sasuke was being beaten, but that changes the gap of how much he was being owned.
And I think that toyed is too strong for the situation.
Okay...I still don't think Sakon went all out even without Cursed Seal, but according to your interpretation of "toying," you are absolutely correct. I think of "toying" as fooling around or not fighting seriously which I believe was the case, but again this is just a difference in definition. ^_^;;

Quote:
The point isn't that the Lion combo was affected, the point is that Sasuke was fighting against several opponent who struck him in the back, who prevented him to move too far away from Sakon, etc.
Sasuke was pressured by them, that's nothing alike that to fight against only one opponent.
I definitely agree Sasuke was pressured by their presence, but my point was that their presence did not stop Sasuke's attacks on Sakon/Ukon.

Quote:
I really don't think that that's comparable at all.
The Sharingan and Byakugan or any bloodline for that matters aren't additional abilities, that's like saying that being blond or black is additional, this is about genetic, this is what they are.
Shukaku and the Kyubi are different but as you said they're inseparable (so far anyway), they're now part of the user body even if they were added.

But Sakon and Ukon are separable, they can fight without each others.
The only moments where they should re-merge were when they were heavely wounded to rest.
No, in my view Sakon and Ukon's distinctive ability is no different from the others'. Yes, they can fight separately, but not perfectly for a prolonged period; if that were the case, Ukon and Sakon would be separate almost all the time.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:25   Link #484
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Regarding Special Jounin:

Spoiler for large image:
Old 2004-06-08, 18:57   Link #485
DNE
Kyo!

hmm, duno how to put spoiler tags so..but i dont think this is a spoiler anyway since its from quite awhile go, but how did that bold headed guy from the exam get all those holes in his head again?
DNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:01   Link #486
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
hmm, duno how to put spoiler tags so..but i dont think this is a spoiler anyway since its from quite awhile go, but how did that bold headed guy from the exam get all those holes in his head again?
Ehhh...this really falls under the Naruto Q&A thread.

I think it's pretty much suggested that Ibiki received all those holes from torture and interrogation by enemies due to false information or failed missions.
Old 2004-06-08, 19:02   Link #487
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
I think they are all self inflicted. Since he's an interigation Jounin dude ... he did that to himself so he gets used to torture and doesn't give out info.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:25   Link #488
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I think they are all self inflicted. Since he's an interigation Jounin dude ... he did that to himself so he gets used to torture and doesn't give out info.
Holy crap...that's hardcore self-mutilation. >_>;;
I interpreted it differently based on what Ibiki was saying when he showed all those scars.
Old 2004-06-08, 19:32   Link #489
UnCauzi

Quote:
No, in my view Sakon and Ukon's distinctive ability is no different from the others'. Yes, they can fight separately, but not perfectly for a prolonged period; if that were the case, Ukon and Sakon would be separate almost all the time.
Yeah there's definately some type of dependency or Ukon would be walking around freely all the time. Do people just think he's lazy? They are 2 sides to the same person.

Sakon = left
Ukon= Right

They're hypocrite siamese twins that share the same body but don't.
UnCauzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:33   Link #490
LuckyStrike

Ohh, thnx for the info regarding special jounins,

where may i find this Naruto Data book? google isn't being too helpful
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:34   Link #491
UnCauzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe if he was the only ninja with vital info it would. But if that was true he's the biggest baka this side of Lee.
UnCauzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:35   Link #492
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Holy crap...that's hardcore self-mutilation. >_>;;
I interpreted it differently based on what Ibiki was saying when he showed all those scars.
Don't listen to meeee ... :P

Jokes aside ... I'm not sure. That's how I remember it. *Rewatch time*
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:46   Link #493
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
Ohh, thnx for the info regarding special jounins,

where may i find this Naruto Data book? google isn't being too helpful
Only if you are googling in English.

The English title for both books are Characters Official Data Book, the first one being 臨の書 and the second one being 兵の書. I know the former is already translated and published in Chinese, but the second one is only in Japanese so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnCauzi
Yeah there's definately some type of dependency or Ukon would be walking around freely all the time. Do people just think he's lazy? They are 2 sides to the same person.

Sakon = left
Ukon= Right

They're hypocrite siamese twins that share the same body but don't.
Exactly.

I love the puns and side-meanings within names; yes, Sakon and Ukon are actually left and right. ^_^
Old 2004-06-09, 13:40   Link #494
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
What I think may happen:
Spoiler:

That is what I think will happen =P not!
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 13:53   Link #495
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi Jiraiya plushy
What I think may happen:
Spoiler:

That is what I think will happen =P not!
I would LOVE to see Kakashi and Jiraiya cooperate to get back Naruto if that is ever gonne to happen
Maybe bring Tsunade along aswell! We need a girl!
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:43   Link #496
Truesquirrel
Call me Squirrelmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
I would LOVE to see Kakashi and Jiraiya cooperate to get back Naruto if that is ever gonne to happen
Maybe bring Tsunade along aswell! We need a girl!
But we have one! Saku....hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry...
Truesquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:38   Link #497
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Chapter 219 raw is out.