AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-24, 22:37   Link #621
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wAzure View Post
About the power struggle, well, you should've been more specific. You asked for a political situation, so I answered that. And anyway, I still mostly mentioned everything that was related to the characters themselves in this conflict, except for Charl and Henri being fucked up really badly thanks to Gloria, specially Henri herself, who is now considered a dangerous magician by the Magic Association (and she doesn't even have an automaton!)

If you reword your question to What is the political situation between the Roses? that would've probably been another entirely different answer though.

Spoiler for Who are the Roses?:

Spoiler for Father Time:

Spoiler for Kimberly & Cruel:

I'll try to answer both of your last questions, as I explain about Raishin and abilities in general in this next spoiler. It's going to be damn huge, but if you can be bothered to read and understand everything, it will be beneficial for you in the end.

Spoiler for Raishin's current Abilities & Powerlevels:

Woah, this seriously ended up being a huge testament. Sorry, I really can't detail stuff like the things you asked that easily without explaining a bunch of other stuff first. It would only create you more questions, and it's better if you have a better understand of a rich story that already has 15 volumes out there.

If anyone else still has more questions, just ask.

Raishin hasn't actually confessed to charl at all, but I see were you are coming from.

Spoiler for Volume 7:

Spoiler for Volume 14:

Aside from these two events, there's nothing else related to a Charl confession in any of the other volumes.
We are truly blessed to have you. In retrospect, I should have seen Raishin's power up coming. He's basically become a monster of fundamentals, power and control.

My suspicions of Eve's Heart has been confirmed. It always struck me as strange as to how humanity could create sentience without even understanding how it worked.

Next questions:
Does Raishin develop his characteristic as one of those Promised Children?

So Alice has been a bit aggressive/playful or so I've heard. Does Shin have anything to say about this?

What are your top 10 harem antics? That is to say your favorite harem shenanigans that have occured in this series.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-10-24 at 23:04.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 03:40   Link #622
tuckersister

There is still no info on Loki's new Automaton, Black Rose.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 03:33   Link #623
wAzure
Yaya's

There seems to be a lot of fake spoilers inside this entire thread, as there are some other people with strong headcanon posting fake things that never happened too.

I'd like to remind the people that still care about machine doll, and also warn them about these people. Do not believe nonsense spoilers or at least something that sounds entirely wrong.

There are also a lot of misunderstandings from all the fake and real spoilers, so that's why I offered to solve any question that anyone may have right now. If you have any questions regarding this story from volume 1-14, I can answer them accurately.

In other news, I'm finally done with volume 14, so I can now answer questions regarding that volume too, if anyone wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
@ wAzure

Holy Shit, I hadn't expect an essay . Don't know what to say. Thank you.

You mentioned Hinowa. Is she still into Raishin or has she given up on that?

Spoiler for Hinowa - vol 14:

Also, the Author did confirm the series only has 2 volumes left for it to end, 15 and 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I wasn't expecting an entire summary, but still thanks for all the answers.

Can you explain a bit more about Raishin being a promised child and what exactly a promised child is?
Spoiler for Promised Child:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
We are truly blessed to have you. In retrospect, I should have seen Raishin's power up coming. He's basically become a monster of fundamentals, power and control.

My suspicions of Eve's Heart has been confirmed. It always struck me as strange as to how humanity could create sentience without even understanding how it worked.

Next questions:
Does Raishin develop his characteristic as one of those Promised Children?

So Alice has been a bit aggressive/playful or so I've heard. Does Shin have anything to say about this?

What are your top 10 harem antics? That is to say your favorite harem shenanigans that have occured in this series.

Spoiler for Raishin + Promised Child:

Spoiler for Alice + Shin Antics:

I'll answer your last question in a later post, as it's probably going to take me a while to think about those scenes and describe them.
PD: That image about Alice and the scene it involves is probably going to be in the top 10 harem antics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
There is still no info on Loki's new Automaton, Black Rose.
There's no info on it because such thing does not exist. Black Rose is also not an automaton.

Why are you so stubbornly fixated on what you believe? Your headcanon sure is out of control.

Just a reminder of my first point here.

Last edited by wAzure; 2015-10-28 at 03:53.
wAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 08:11   Link #624
Estzero1

Quote:

Woh, that's some change. Hadn't expect this. When you know more about this situation I would like to hear it .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 17:00   Link #625
Wandering Soul

Quote:

That was an unexpected development with Hinowa.

Thanks for clearing things up about a Child of prophecy and promised Child.
Old 2015-10-29, 13:21   Link #626
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of fake spoilers inside this entire thread, as there are some other people with strong headcanon posting fake things that never happened too.

I'd like to remind the people that still care about machine doll, and also warn them about these people. Do not believe nonsense spoilers or at least something that sounds entirely wrong.

There are also a lot of misunderstandings from all the fake and real spoilers, so that's why I offered to solve any question that anyone may have right now. If you have any questions regarding this story from volume 1-14, I can answer them accurately.

In other news, I'm finally done with volume 14, so I can now answer questions regarding that volume too, if anyone wants.

Also, the Author did confirm the series only has 2 volumes left for it to end, 15 and 16.

Spoiler for Alice + Shin Antics:

I'll answer your last question in a later post, as it's probably going to take me a while to think about those scenes and describe them.
PD: That image about Alice and the scene it involves is probably going to be in the top 10 harem antics too.

There's no info on it because such thing does not exist. Black Rose is also not an automaton.

Why are you so stubbornly fixated on what you believe? Your headcanon sure is out of control.

Wow, thank you very much for all the info and spoilers you have provided wAzure, it is much appreciated. I have chased down spoilers for the series everywhere, on this thread and on forums in manga hosting sites for the manga version, it's cool to have a reliable and accessible source first hand for once. Thanks as well for correcting previous spoilers, which were either hard to understand or misleading.

But seriously, wow, the not-quite-low fantasy magic world of UMD, where magicians use their magic on their automatons, that I equated to the magic society of Bartimaeus (magicians cast very few actual magic, which mostly consist in using beings to do their bidding for them), has now reached Nasuverse level of crazy magic. Jesus Christ giving the first Eve's Heart directly giving life? Sheesh.

At this point, you have to wonder why they even bother to use automatons if they can just throw around hax spells like that.

Anyway, I have some questions of my own, I will prepare them and be back in a few.

EDIT: here are my questions. As I am interested in worldbuilding when reading fiction, most of them will be about the setting itself, but there will be some about the series proper as well.

1. Do we finally know in what year UMD take place, beyond "early 20th century"? Or at least are there hints? I know it seems nitpicky, but it bothers me.
2. Related to that, similar to bakato's question, but not exactly: what is the geopolitical situation in the world right now? What are other countries beside Britain (but I would like to know for the British Empire too in any case) doing? France, the German Empire, the Russian Empire, the Ottomans, Serbia, Austria, America, China, India? In volume 4, the Russo Japanese war and the Russian revolution of 1905 are briefly mentioned, as well as the situation of Germany being "surrounded" by France Britain and Russia, and the Balkans are obliquely referred to as the powderkeg of Europe. Are there similar references to events leading to WWI?
3. Again related, what is the name of the British king? Is it still Edward VII in this timeline, only with a different wife and son? Is he even named?
4. I think one of the spoilers referred to Gloria as an illegitimate queen after the king died because she was a foreigner? Is that true? If it is, what's her nationality?
5. So Kimberly and Cruel were in the British Army together, but (I think in the manga) Kimberley says she don't want to be called Amy anymore after a certain war. Is it told which war it was, or how long ago?
6. How old is the ritual of the Night Party? Centuries? Or what is created recently, or maybe recreated like the modern Olympic Games? nevermind, re reading the translations it said that it is 200 years old. New question: what's Charl's ancestor's name, the one who first contracted Sigmund according to spoilers? The spoilers have her name be Eleanor or Irene.
7. How old is Walpurgis Academy?
8. Apparently spirits abound in the series (there was that one spirit in the OVAs, plus Charl's mirror spirit friend, called Lotte I think). What are spirits? What do they do? Where do they come from? What are the different types of spirits?
9. Dragons also apparently exist (or rather existed). When did the Dragons disappear? How? A spoiler mentioned something about a dude named Drake and another dimension (Valhalla?), but it was hard to understand, was it true or can you elaborate? I think Sigmund was made a doll from his fossil of when he was an actual dragon, is that correct?
10. It was once said that Loki was shipped with Henri in the novels. Do you have more infos on that?
11. Was it really Hades, the actual bona fide deity, that was summoned, or is it an automaton or a spirit faithfully copying him?
12. Who created "Androgynous"? Rutherford, or the generations of directors of Walpurgis over the centuries?
13. You said the Rose society is 2000 years old (more like 1850+ years old). Is the Magic Association older?
14. What's the difference between the Crusaders and Nectar? I'm still not clear on what both groups do and how they are different from each other. And the Grey Cross?
15. Last, but not least, have you read the spin off manga Gene Metallica Unbreakable Machine Doll Re:Acta? What is it about? From what I understood from various spoilers, it centers around a police force in Japan in the 1920s?

I really apologize for the barrage of questions, I may have gone overboard. Take your time to answer!
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2015-10-30 at 07:06.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 18:54   Link #627
tuckersister

Quote:

Then what was the automaton that Shouko gave to Loki? Loki's original automaton Cherubim was trashed.
Old 2015-10-29, 18:56   Link #628
bakato

Quote:
Then what was the automaton that Shouko gave to Loki? Loki's original automaton Cherubim was trashed.
I think his new automaton was called Jibril.
Old 2015-10-30, 05:20   Link #629
tuckersister

Thank you for clarifying. It is hard to find info on it. I only know that Cherurim was beated up and trashed during an incident and Shouko gave him a new one (dunno why). I don't know too much about his new automaton so that why I'm poking people. Jibril is a strange name to call "that" automaton.
Old 2015-10-30, 07:13   Link #630
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. It is hard to find info on it. I only know that Cherurim was beated up and trashed during an incident and Shouko gave him a new one (dunno why). I don't know too much about his new automaton so that why I'm poking people. Jibril is a strange name to call "that" automaton.
It's really not that hard to understand or find, it just looks like you aren't paying attention. Again, you are still saying that it's Shouko who gave the automaton, despite having been corrected 2times last page that, no, it wasn't her, it was the teacher Io who made the automaton and gave it to Loki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzureSlayer View Post
I'm pretty sure Shouko never made any automaton for Loki. Are you perhaps confusing it with Jibril, the automaton Io made for Loki?
Quote:
Why should I even bother to tell you about Jibril, when you totally ignored my claim about it not being an automaton that Shouko made?

Shouko didn't make any automaton for Loki. Professor Ionera Eliade did.
I can see why wAzure is exasperated, it's like you're being deliberately obtuse.

And no, Jibril is not a "strange name", if you had simply used Google, you would have seen Jibril is the Arabic name of Archangel Gabriel and how he is called in the Koran. This is fitting with how the D-Works automatons have names related to angelic themes, like Cherubim and Lucifer.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 17:42   Link #631
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
Spoiler for Top 10 girl antics(?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Wow, thank you very much for all the info and spoilers you have provided wAzure, it is much appreciated. I have chased down spoilers for the series everywhere, on this thread and on forums in manga hosting sites for the manga version, it's cool to have a reliable and accessible source first hand for once. Thanks as well for correcting previous spoilers, which were either hard to understand or misleading.

But seriously, wow, the not-quite-low fantasy magic world of UMD, where magicians use their magic on their automatons, that I equated to the magic society of Bartimaeus (magicians cast very few actual magic, which mostly consist in using beings to do their bidding for them), has now reached Nasuverse level of crazy magic. Jesus Christ giving the first Eve's Heart directly giving life? Sheesh.

At this point, you have to wonder why they even bother to use automatons if they can just throw around hax spells like that.

Anyway, I have some questions of my own, I will prepare them and be back in a few.
The world-building in this series is awesome, I like it a lot too.

Also, it's not really efficient to have a magician cast magic without an automaton. It would require them to write down weird runes wherever they are and basically, this is not efficient at all in a real battle. It's more used for strategy though.

Just wanted to clarify that so that you don't misunderstand what an actual magician could do without an automaton. Even people like Charl's dad and Alice who can cast magic more efficiently, are still equipped with an Eve's Heart somewhere in their bodies, otherwise it would not be practical at all. In other words, having an Eve's heart is still essential for any magic in this world. That's the reason why Eve's Heart became a world breaking advance in magic in what standards regards. Just don't confuse that. A single magician still needs an automaton to be of use.

Now, about the questions themselves.

Quote:
EDIT: here are my questions. As I am interested in worldbuilding when reading fiction, most of them will be about the setting itself, but there will be some about the series proper as well.

1. Do we finally know in what year UMD take place, beyond "early 20th century"? Or at least are there hints? I know it seems nitpicky, but it bothers me.
Spoiler for UMD's year setting.:

Quote:
2. Related to that, similar to bakato's question, but not exactly: what is the geopolitical situation in the world right now? What are other countries beside Britain (but I would like to know for the British Empire too in any case) doing? France, the German Empire, the Russian Empire, the Ottomans, Serbia, Austria, America, China, India? In volume 4, the Russo Japanese war and the Russian revolution of 1905 are briefly mentioned, as well as the situation of Germany being "surrounded" by France Britain and Russia, and the Balkans are obliquely referred to as the powderkeg of Europe. Are there similar references to events leading to WWI?
Spoiler for Geopolitical situation:

Quote:
3. Again related, what is the name of the British king? Is it still Edward VII in this timeline, only with a different wife and son? Is he even named?
Spoiler for King's name:

Quote:
4. I think one of the spoilers referred to Gloria as an illegitimate queen after the king died because she was a foreigner? Is that true? If it is, what's her nationality?
Spoiler for Gloria's real identity:

Quote:
5. So Kimberly and Cruel were in the British Army together, but (I think in the manga) Kimberley says she don't want to be called Amy anymore after a certain war. Is it told which war it was, or how long ago?
Spoiler for Kimberly:

Quote:
6. How old is the ritual of the Night Party? Centuries? Or what is created recently, or maybe recreated like the modern Olympic Games? nevermind, re reading the translations it said that it is 200 years old. New question: what's Charl's ancestor's name, the one who first contracted Sigmund according to spoilers? The spoilers have her name be Eleanor or Irene.
Spoiler for Ellen Belew:

Quote:
7. How old is Walpurgis Academy?
Spoiler for Walpurgis Academy:

Quote:
8. Apparently spirits abound in the series (there was that one spirit in the OVAs, plus Charl's mirror spirit friend, called Lotte I think). What are spirits? What do they do? Where do they come from? What are the different types of spirits?
Spoiler for Fairies/Spirits:

Quote:
9. Dragons also apparently exist (or rather existed). When did the Dragons disappear? How? A spoiler mentioned something about a dude named Drake and another dimension (Valhalla?), but it was hard to understand, was it true or can you elaborate? I think Sigmund was made a doll from his fossil of when he was an actual dragon, is that correct?
Spoiler for Dragons and Drake:

Quote:
10. It was once said that Loki was shipped with Henri in the novels. Do you have more infos on that?
Spoiler for Henri and Loki:

Quote:
11. Was it really Hades, the actual bona fide deity, that was summoned, or is it an automaton or a spirit faithfully copying him?
Spoiler for Black Rose's Hades:

Quote:
12. Who created "Androgynous"? Rutherford, or the generations of directors of Walpurgis over the centuries?
Spoiler for Androgynous:

Quote:
13. You said the Rose society is 2000 years old (more like 1850+ years old). Is the Magic Association older?
Spoiler for Magic Association:

Quote:
14. What's the difference between the Crusaders and Nectar? I'm still not clear on what both groups do and how they are different from each other. And the Grey Cross?
Spoiler for Nectar:

Quote:
15. Last, but not least, have you read the spin off manga Gene Metallica Unbreakable Machine Doll Re:Acta? What is it about? From what I understood from various spoilers, it centers around a police force in Japan in the 1920s?
I haven't read it yet, but I will probably give it a look sometime in the future, as the author commented in one of the Afterwords that it is indeed linked somehow with the main story.

Quote:
I really apologize for the barrage of questions, I may have gone overboard. Take your time to answer!
It's okay. Don't worry about the amount of questions themselves, but rather in trying to understand my answers if they are too big or detailed.

If you have more questions after reading all my answers here, or any other questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. Same goes to anyone in here.

Quote:
Loki's automaton Cherubim was trashed by Asura during volume 11.
Loki gets a new automaton made by Ionera Eliade, who he later names Jibril.

Not going to answer it again. Shouko wasn't involved at all in the creation of Jibril.

Spoiler for Jibril:

Last edited by wAzure; 2015-11-01 at 14:46.
Old 2015-10-31, 19:25   Link #632
tuckersister

Thank for the clarification. It's been awhile so missing a lot of stuff through a couple volumes.

So Rasshin faces Loki first which means Charl will face Magnus (uh oh, got a VERY bad feeling).
Old 2015-10-31, 19:43   Link #633
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
So Rasshin faces Loki first which means Charl will face Magnus (uh oh, got a VERY bad feeling).
No.

Spoiler for Volumen 14 and Charl:

Spoiler for Volumen 15 Prologue:

Last edited by wAzure; 2015-11-01 at 10:24.
Old 2015-11-01, 09:58   Link #634
tuckersister

Thank god Magnus won't trash Char. That would be bad.

Looking forward to Rasshin VS Loki next volume.
Old 2015-11-03, 20:40   Link #635
bakato

More questions:

1. What is Raishin's history with Hinowa?
2. In your essay, you said the Akabane has some sort of bloody history and traditions? Can you elaborate?
3. Whatever happened to Asura?
4. Is Edmund an ass like the beginning of volume 5 made him out to be?Can we empathize with him? Previous spoilers gave the impression he had some sort of BL vibe.
5. Can you tell us more about the Russian girl the headmaster called a monster?
Old 2015-11-04, 00:48   Link #636
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
More questions:

1. What is Raishin's history with Hinowa?
2. In your essay, you said the Akabane has some sort of bloody history and traditions? Can you elaborate?
3. Whatever happened to Asura?
4. Is Edmund an ass like the beginning of volume 5 made him out to be?Can we empathize with him? Previous spoilers gave the impression he had some sort of BL vibe.
5. Can you tell us more about the Russian girl the headmaster called a monster?
Spoiler for 1:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 3:

Spoiler for 4:

Spoiler for 5:

Last edited by wAzure; 2015-11-04 at 01:00.
Old 2015-11-07, 08:58   Link #637
tuckersister

So in Vol 15, Rasshin VS Loki hasn't started yet til the end of the volume, right?
Old 2015-11-07, 09:26   Link #638
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Kinda like the Setsugetsuka sister together....
Always feel that must have them as a set
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 03:14   Link #639
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
So in Vol 15, Rasshin VS Loki hasn't started yet til the end of the volume, right?
Nah. I'm like ~40% done with the volume (reading only on weekends) and the battle is already over. It actually took a little bit more than an entire chapter though, which is something that has never happened in any volume so far. It was a pretty solid fight.

Spoiler for Result:
Old 2015-11-08, 14:00   Link #640
Massivela

Hi wAzure,

Is it possible to get a quick summary of each volume from whenever the anime ended?

Just a short paragraph of each volume is fine! I'm reading your latest spoilers and they don't make much sense to me lol
Massivela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatons, edwardian era, fantasy, harem, kikou shoujo, machine doll, shounen