AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 11:19   Link #421
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
but you just said turbo, not twincharged

hence refuting your claim, if i was a mechanic working on a very rare/nonexistent setup like a supposed twin charged system, i wouldn't let the guy even touch a bolt on the entire setup.

look, you can continue your bs , post a pic, or just admit you made up some bs and clear it up.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 00:06   Link #422
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Yes, I should have. I'll agree. But, since it's out, though I'm pretty sure not much people outside of this forum will know about it just yet, I'm not too worried about it.

But, just to clarify, I didn't just remove the twincharger. I also removed the high-mileage K and bought a new one, then reworked it from there.

But, believe what you want.
I sure will, because I've been putting together engines for awhile and nothing you have said makes ANY sense to me.

Example.. why did you even get a twin charger setup? Choosing a good sized turbo for your application and with good tuning and supporting mods would have virtually eliminate turbo lag without the complexity of such a system. Not to mention the weight.

See here's what I see wrong. 1) you said you had a twincharger setup. This setup being complex would require a lot of work. But then you said your block is high mileage meaning you probably never built the engine for boost. I'm not too familiar with Honda blocks but I know the B series and K series all have open decks which is not suited for the stress of a turbo.

But you must have been putting down some serious power to go thru the trouble of doing something like that which means you rebuilt the engine. Which means it's virtually a new engine.

But then you tossed it in favor of a fresher engine which you rebuild... again?
Max Thrillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 13:39   Link #423
mg1942

Corvette ZR-1 knocks four seconds off 'Ring time
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/28/c...off-ring-time/

American muscle now rules the Nurburgring
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 14:27   Link #424
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

wait until the v spec comes....
Old 2008-10-28, 15:15   Link #425
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Records are ment to be broken. The problem is after that happens Chrysler and GM won't be around anymore.
Old 2008-10-28, 19:47   Link #426
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

when that day comes, im marrying the first hot girl in my age group that i see
Old 2008-10-28, 20:18   Link #427
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
when that day comes, im marrying the first hot girl in my age group that i see
Yeah you'd think with all the financial mess they're in, they'd focus on making some money. But they developed the ZR-1 as a response to the GT-R.

They got it backwards. Become profitable then build low volume halo car.. not build low volume halo car to become profitable.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:52   Link #428
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Going out in style perhaps?
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 08:08   Link #429
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
Going out in style perhaps?
it still looks like an ugly corvette
Old 2008-10-29, 13:21   Link #430
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
it still looks like an ugly corvette
This man speaks the truth.
Old 2008-10-29, 13:30   Link #431
mg1942

lol @ people deriding an Icon.

Put any tuned JDM against the corvette/viper and they won't last. Many things can go such as overheating, etc.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 14:31   Link #432
nanafan
horo fan

the cars i don't get are the honda element and the scion station wagon thingy, they look like boxes on wheels. course my car isn't that sporty, but i love it...
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 19:22   Link #433
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Bleh, don't talk about scion-ish cars...they're for college kids who think they own a car.

sidenote: Lol, my tendency to dislike corvettes stems from the fact that if I see a corvette they remind me of lipstick...I have no idea why.
Old 2008-10-29, 20:18   Link #434
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Bleh, don't talk about scion-ish cars...they're for college kids who think they own a car.

sidenote: Lol, my tendency to dislike corvettes stems from the fact that if I see a corvette they remind me of lipstick...I have no idea why.
really that's interesting i don't know how that reminds you of lipstick. i wonder if anyone owns a hugo anymore now those are funny cars..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 21:29   Link #435
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Quote:
Bleh, don't talk about scion-ish cars...they're for RICERS / Hot college girls who think they own a car .

get it right

because corvettes have curvaceous overdone lines like some women of notoriety?
Old 2008-10-29, 22:00   Link #436
Sniper Wolf
Untamed,Solitary

I still have to learn how to drive,whenever I'm in the front seat with someone i kinda get nervous when they change lanes i also get nervous when I'm around trucks XD but i would love to start driving....
Sniper Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 22:25   Link #437
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
lol @ people deriding an Icon.

Put any tuned JDM against the corvette/viper and they won't last. Many things can go such as overheating, etc.
Deriding? Then you must have not been around late year and earlier this year. The corvette forums were going crazy, if you wanna see fanboys frothing at the mouth.

Just a bunch of sore losers who can't believe that anything could touch their Vettes at that price point.

I've befriended car fans all over the world. Japan, HK, Germany, UK, Aussieland and always felt a kind of brotherhood and friendliness. You don't find that here at all. Just people talking shit about badges, country of origin, just an overall shitty attitude.
Old 2008-10-29, 23:44   Link #438
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

So what...this is some sort of malicious hate thread? lol, not from what I've seen.
edit: haha, will people tear me apart if I say "hayabusa"...I'll be quiet now.

Last edited by BOOKGLUTTON; 2008-10-30 at 00:40.
Old 2008-10-30, 14:07   Link #439
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

i have absolutely nothing against EDM cars, when the time comes, you can betcha im going to start buying 3 and 5 series bimmers and the like. my hate for USDM is twofold. 1, they are terrible qualitywise OVERALL. And who cares if you make a zillion horsepower, when your car can barely corner because its a 4000 lb piece of steel, or its a economy car with a bigger engine, thats sad (srt 4 and mustang) Secondly, the USDM cars I interact with the most tend to be driven by some of the biggest punks ever *cough* mustang *cough* camaro *cough* *Cough* COUGH* SRT 4 neon

my opinion is begot from what ive seen....and seen tested on best motoring etc. The cobalt is a step in the right direction, but nothing else excites me, for the same price as a z06 or w/e its called id get a porsche or GTR or w/e/ amg stuff. (S class AMG coupe droooooooool)

as for my current sit, bang for buck jdm made cars across the board are more powerful, more reliable, better looking, and just more bang for buck that there usdm counterparts.

motorcycles are different, the american manufacturers never had a period of epic fail aka mid 90s USDM cars, so the competition is much better. When i buy my next bike, im going to look across the spectrum, usdm and jdm.
Old 2008-10-30, 15:50   Link #440
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Haha, really? That old "Show that thing a corner...etc". It's honestly where you live that determines your cars superiority. Don't bring up this shit again.