AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 15.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 25.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 32.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 16.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 02:37   Link #61
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Screw my previous post. The RAW I got had completely obliterated audio. LOL.
Old 2009-08-20, 02:39   Link #62
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The following red truths are from the VN that were used in the anime, but since I can't exactly bring a pin point accurate translation to these, I will just leave notes to mention if there was any change or not.

-when I speak the truth, I will use red. (different in the anime)

-Regardless of whether they were living or dead, the six people definitely entered through the door. (very slight variation)

-Only one key to the chapel exists (exactly the same)

-It is impossible to unlock the lock to the chapel without the chapel's key (they added something)

-That which was inside the envelope I entrusted Maria with, was definitely the key to the chapel (exactly the same)

They skipped the following red statements:
-When the door to the chapel is locked, it prevents any and all methods of entry or exit

-Six people definitely entered through 'this front door'

-This morning, Rosa definitely took an envelope out of Maria's handbag, and thereby obtained the genuine key to the chapel

-The letter that I handed over to Maria and the one Rosa opened are the same thing

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-20 at 07:46.
Old 2009-08-20, 03:29   Link #63
Saerianne
*cackle*

I'm surprised they left out the last two as that's a big point that they've missed. Here's to hoping they'll add it.
Old 2009-08-20, 03:50   Link #64
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Found a decent RAW.

The Bad:

1. They cut out a a good chunk of the conversation with Beatrice, Jessica and Kanon. Well... those scenes really helped define Kanon and Jessica for this arc at least so it sucks they cut it out.

2. Some of the animations were horrible. Maria's creepy faces looked completely out of perspective. They probably blew the episode's budget on Kanon fighting the goats.

The Good:

1. I don't really mind Asmo's voice, mostly because Yui Hirasawa is the goddess of rock. Actually the high pitch voice may complement the flirtatious nature of Lust. In contrast, I think Satan sounds perfect for her role. Not too extreme but controlled enough for said Wrath.

2. I don't exactly mind that Dread of the Grave wasn't on. There are more and greater chances for it to be played out there.

3. Some of the animations were great especially during the fight scenes. The problem of course was when everything else suffered some from the budget blowout.

----------------

More comments later when I see subs.
Old 2009-08-20, 03:51   Link #65
tcaz2

That... seems to be quite a bit they left out, there, from a speculation stand point.

It leaves quite a few possibilities that are confirmed wrong right away in the VN open.
Old 2009-08-20, 05:23   Link #66
NeoWorm

I was quite impatient to see the red text so I watched raw and it seems they chosed the least interesting way to put in red text. Really I was hoping for something more interesting. I will wait till subtitles come out and they I will post what was my idea.
Battle scene was quite nice, but overall less interesting than in VN. What really pissed me is that they left out room full of golden butterflies that try to suffocate Jessica - instead they made absolutely unncessary battle with horde of goats that are actualy looking worse than in novel. Argument that anime art is better looking than VN art fails hard in this case).
I must say that Studio Deen have no artistic taste at all.
They should finally burn down before they ruin another franchise with stupid adaptation.
I am voting for Bad - As a standalone anime episode this could be better than average, but as an adaptation its really painful to look at.
Old 2009-08-20, 05:41   Link #67
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I think that the goats in the anime look better than the game.
Old 2009-08-20, 06:56   Link #68
Mint Kashiro

I'm rather disappointed in the first twilight. The impression the game gave me had a lot more colors in my mind, and a lot more decorations. This one didn't look nearly as impressive or complicated enough for Beato to pull off. It looks like anyone could have slapped this one together, but I was imagining something more elaborate.
Old 2009-08-20, 07:07   Link #69
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
It is impossible to unlock the lock to the chapel without the chapel's key

Wow! This may be a minor change of wordings but it causes a very big difference in the kind of counter argument you can make.

This red truth prevents any possibility for any method that could open the door, instead of simply any other key.

But I guess you could still stubbornly imagine that a mechanism that "locks" the lock could still exist XD, unless the japanese text implies that as well.

Old 2009-08-20, 07:37   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Errr, it was always like that in the VN.
The list of red I've put are from the VN, but these aren't exactlyt the same in the anime, hence the notes. I didn't translate them since I'm really not good with detail and accurate translation, better people like chrono or rias that should translate it more accurately.

The red you quoted should have 1-2 extra detail, for your instance.
*sigh* sorry for the confusion, going to edit a bit my post as result
Old 2009-08-20, 07:44   Link #71
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Lol I've just confronted with my notes and that part only said that there isn't any other "key" that can open that door XD

So I thought your quote were from the anime. Nevermind then. Apparently I have another translation of those red truths. I should update them...

Old 2009-08-20, 08:31   Link #72
Chadauw

Watched the raw.

The bad :

- Pretty lame animation sometimes.

- As always, lack of horror feel. The characters cry a bit, and then they are all calm (Rosa mostly, I miss the throw up scene, not that I thought it was going to be in the anime though).

- Still felt quite rushed. I also have the feeling that there was quite a lot of small changes.

- Didn't like the goat fight scene. The duel in the VN was better, and I didn't like how they just disappear into golden butterfly, it feels like Kanon is just cutting into butter. They really look weak.

- Battler/Beatrice mind fight really lacked impact because of : weak soundtrack and cheap animation. This still shot with Battler pointing is finger while Beato is talking was lame. Also, Battler wasn't cool as he should have been during is objection-pointing poses.

The good :

- The first twilight scene looks good, maybe not as colorful as I imagined it. I hope there will be a raw without censorship.

- The first Meta world scene was fine.

- Stakes! No problem with their voices for me. The jumping Asmodeus was good, I guess that's the best Deen can do with fight scenes (*sight*). The SpinSatan was weird. But why did they change the stake's apparition between the preview and the actual episode? It was far better in the preview :

Left : preview. Right : episode.

- The scene with Kanon and Jessica lying on the ground was by far the best scene in this episode, if not in the entire serie. It was really well done. Their faces were really expressive (and it's not really common in the Umineko anime).

- Red text is nicely done.

Conclusion :

Not really satisfied with this episode. The subbed version usually makes me less negative, but I don't think this episode will get better than a 7.
Old 2009-08-20, 08:49   Link #73
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
- Stakes! No problem with their voices for me. The jumping Asmodeus was good, I guess that's the best Deen can do with fight scenes (*sight*). The SpinSatan was weird. But why did they change the stake's apparition between the preview and the actual episode? It was far better in the preview :

they might leave that in the DVD but i think the reason is simple, the actual episode shows more skin than the preview.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:42   Link #74
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Review time~ Finally watched the raw~ Now just waiting for SmallBombs to upload her/his weekly subbed episode

Spoiler for Review for ep 8:
Old 2009-08-20, 10:29   Link #75
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
CENSOOOOORZZZZ!!!! I wanted to see them filled with sweet dreams
They did forget to censor Eva in one shot, but that just reveals that the contents were done super lazily
Old 2009-08-20, 12:17   Link #76
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
They did forget to censor Eva in one shot, but that just reveals that the contents were done super lazily
I know I wish they would have pink lolipops and a Ange burger or sumfin sticking out of them :P After all, they are filled with "sweet dreams"
Old 2009-08-20, 13:42   Link #77
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

Gave it a 6/10... sad scene with Kanon x Jessica, but that was about the only thing I liked - and I liked it only because it was such a hint. The two girls are cute... but that's all. The murder was boring... would have wanted more of it. And I hate censor <.< all in all, not that much to my liking..
Old 2009-08-20, 16:46   Link #78
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Alas, the subs are out.
Old 2009-08-20, 16:52   Link #79
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Why so sad?
Old 2009-08-20, 16:57   Link #80
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

@Trogdor Jube: OMG WHERE
*coughs* I just want to watch the episode really badly..