AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 06:10   Link #1
Zexas

Final Fantasy X [HD]

Final Fantasy X HD update coming soon

FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 coming soon to PS3 and PS Vita

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

Last edited by Zexas; 2013-03-25 at 07:04.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:12   Link #2
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Old 2013-02-18, 11:35   Link #3
Simonsy

hmm X isn't bad, but would not be my top choice.

I would go remakes of (not ports or HD, actual remakes)

FF8
FF9
FF6
FF10

That would be order I would prefer. But well at least one of them is getting remade and X I guess is fine with just HD. Any prior series games I hope for remakes though.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 12:11   Link #4
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Final Fatasy X in FullHD or more.
Playing the game with an emultor on the PC in 4K resolution.
The same with every PS1/2 ore Gamecube/N64/Wii game.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 12:26   Link #5
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
At least it's one of my favorite games that I can Platinum!
Old 2013-02-18, 13:14   Link #6
Kudryavka

To any experienced FF fans, are there any clear reasons why they don't remake FF7? It seemed like a natural choice to me since the characters are so popular. I apologize if I offend, I am not well versed in FF on the inside.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 13:31   Link #7
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Who knows?
I would buy every FF from part 6-10.
Old 2013-02-18, 13:44   Link #8
Kudryavka

Yeah I was thinking it was something like that. Oh well.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:05   Link #9
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
To any experienced FF fans, are there any clear reasons why they don't remake FF7?
Sheer difficulty, mostly.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:11   Link #10
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sheer difficulty, mostly.
I heard they remade the NES ones and made them stupid easy, though.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:14   Link #11
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
To any experienced FF fans, are there any clear reasons why they don't remake FF7? It seemed like a natural choice to me since the characters are so popular. I apologize if I offend, I am not well versed in FF on the inside.
FFX HD is just a remaster. All they're doing is just updating the graphics and textures to be higher quality. I imagine everything else is going to be roughly the same as the PS2 version.

FF7 would have to be a complete remake, starting from the ground up. They really can't use anything from the PS1 version and convert it to PS3/Vita quality (or higher). It could cost a lot of money to make it, and even though a lot of people would buy it, it's probably not enough incentive to make it.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 16:45   Link #12
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I heard they remade the NES ones and made them stupid easy, though.
Not that kind of difficulty.
Like the poster above me said, they would have to completely remake everything in the game... it would be like developing a completely new product from the ground up, and there's absolutely no guarantee that it would be as much of a success as a brand-new FF game.
Then there's the game's odd sense of humor which would really contrast with the direction FF has been going in since X or so... the confusing, at times (deliberately) contradictory storytelling... it would be more trouble than it's worth.
That's the kind of difficulty I mean.
Old 2013-02-18, 17:28   Link #13
defki

Yay it's not a vaporware but it's still "coming soon". It's beyond me how DQ 7 gets a remake and yet this remaster is still "coming soon" after over a year. It even funnier that KH HD was announced after FF X HD and will be released next month.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:48   Link #14
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
FFX HD is just a remaster. All they're doing is just updating the graphics and textures to be higher quality. I imagine everything else is going to be roughly the same as the PS2 version.

FF7 would have to be a complete remake, starting from the ground up. They really can't use anything from the PS1 version and convert it to PS3/Vita quality (or higher). It could cost a lot of money to make it, and even though a lot of people would buy it, it's probably not enough incentive to make it.
Ok, I was not clear that this was just a remaster. In which case yeah, they can't just remaster a PS1 game now. Thank you!
Quote:
Not that kind of difficulty.
Like the poster above me said, they would have to completely remake everything in the game... it would be like developing a completely new product from the ground up, and there's absolutely no guarantee that it would be as much of a success as a brand-new FF game.
Then there's the game's odd sense of humor which would really contrast with the direction FF has been going in since X or so... the confusing, at times (deliberately) contradictory storytelling... it would be more trouble than it's worth.
That's the kind of difficulty I mean.
Oops, wrong difficulty! But thank you for your explanation!
Old 2013-02-18, 17:51   Link #15
GDB

Quote:
For the cynical answer: if they gave up the ultimate prize, fanboys wouldn't have any hope to cling to as the savior of the franchise.

Also, I think they're just too full of pride to accept that their new games suck, no one wants another Lightning game, and that their only hope is to go backwards so they can go forward.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 18:08   Link #16
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Imo their new games started to suck really hard since the fusion with Enix. Since that fusion and the horrible sequel "Final Fantasy x-2" the quallity of the story and the charatcers dropped extremely. But as far as I know the new games like FF13 are selling really good, despite the bad critics from many longtime fans about the dumbing down of this series.
I'm clingin to the hope that Versus 13 will go back to the roots, but I fear that I'm just kidding myself.
Old 2013-02-18, 18:29   Link #17
Iron Maw
Banned

Nice to see this is still alive. Won't get a Vita for it (or any game on it for that matter) but this will atleast give the game a chance to be experienced by more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Imo their new games started to suck really hard since the fusion with Enix. Since that fusion and the horrible sequel "Final Fantasy x-2" the quallity of the story and the charatcers dropped extremely. But as far as I know the new games like FF13 are selling really good, despite the bad critics from many longtime fans about the dumbing down of this series.
I'm clingin to the hope that Versus 13 will go back to the roots, but I fear that I'm just kidding myself.
Let's be honest here. Every FF game regardless of it's actual quality has always received backlash and it's not going to change in the future. Besides FFX and XIII are pretty similar as far as linearity concerned, the just former does a better job of hiding it along with having a superior script and plot.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-02-18 at 18:54.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 19:07   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Imo their new games started to suck really hard since the fusion with Enix. Since that fusion and the horrible sequel "Final Fantasy x-2" the quallity of the story and the charatcers dropped extremely.
Part of that is almost certainly your perception.
Old 2013-02-18, 19:10   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Still got my PS2 so...nvm passing on this.
Old 2013-02-18, 19:31   Link #20
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Let's be honest here. Every FF game regardless of it's actual quality has always received backlash and it's not going to change in the future. Besides FFX and XIII are pretty similar as far as linearity concerned, the just former does a better job of hiding it along with having a superior script and plot.
I'm not talking about linearity here. I have no problem with linear games as long they have a really good plot, good gameplay and interesting characters.

Quote:
Part of that is almost certainly your perception.
Of course it's my perception. My perception tells me that since the fusion every game started to suck.
FFX-2 = Dumb story with dumb and annoying charaters. Yuna's personality changing 180°? Come one.
FFXII = Flat story with flat charaters with an even more flat main character.
FFXIII and XIII-2= Flat story with flat characters with flat gameplay.

The graphic got better while the rest of the game got dumbed down.

I'm a big fan of part 6-10. I love every one of them, despite that they are not perfect. But I just can't agree with this casualization and the dumbing down of this series.

Again, I hope that Versus 13 will go back to the roots or this franchise will be dead for me.