AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 13:20   Link #3001
FerrusManus

Who do you think is going to be the new Captain of the Yamato? Sanada, Kodai or someone else?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 13:59   Link #3002
Frontier

If they need to re-use the Yamato, then I'd assume Sanada. Kodai's status as protagonist notwithstanding, position wise and experience wise Sanada would make more sense.
Old 2014-02-10, 14:25   Link #3003
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For captain of the Yamato, I would assume Admiral Hijikata (he was captain for part of the second film, but not the second TV series). At least until Andromeda is built.

Possibly Captain Yamamani of the Kirishima (he was captain of the refit Yamato in Be Forever, Yamato). One would assume they would retire battleship Kirishima after they start gettting more modern ships into service (as soon as they get a bunch of new cruisers they could retire the old battleship really).

Sanada would be next in the chain of command on Yamato, but he's got duties on Earth in his pervious position.

Tokogawa, in engineering, is next in rank, but he was about to retire.

Kodai would be next in the chain of command I would guess. He does not have much experiance, and was already promoted two ranks just to be in the Tactical Chief's seat. If they make him captain of a battleship, that is another three rank promotion, though I dounbt they would promote him to the rank of captain. Maybe Lt. Commander or Commander if they felt him worthy of that much, and let him gain experiance before promoting him to Captain.

Since it is likely the only modern warship in the fleet for a while, Yamato will need a captain. But how long will it be inactive after the use of the Cosmo Reverse System on Earth? With they patrol with the wave motion gun plugged? Will they have a reduced crew? Will they send time to remove the CRS and replace the Wave Motion Gun? The ship will need a commanding officer, but will it remain in service, or will they sideline it as new ships are built?

In the second film, Yamato seemed to be regulated to the reserves and planned to be retired either as a museum or scrap. The crew was split up and Kodai had command of a frigate. Hijikata was in command of the Outer System Patrol Fleet (11th Fleet) from the bridge of a cruiser.

In the Second TV series, Yamato was in the Inner System Patrol Fleet (15th Fleet) as flagship under Kodai as "acting captain" (there was no real rank system in the original, just indications of department heads by colored collars and senior staff by jackets, and captain's by hats.). Hijikata was in command of the Third Fleet on the newly commissioned battleship Andromeda. Yamato was to be refitted with improved systems, of which they only got part of them finished before Kodai took off. They would finish this refit in Be Forever, Yamato.

As for the Comet Empire and Earth, perhaps Telezart is the location of one of those Warp Gates. That would give a reason for Gatlantis to be heading there. And a reason for Trelana to be there. Instead of being from that planet, she could be a representative from Iscandar that crashed long ago like the ship seen on Beemela.

Makes one wonder if there isn't a closer gate to Earth. Though it could be going in the wrong direction.
Old 2014-02-10, 16:04   Link #3004
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also, what is currently the best method of getting Yamato 2199 models if one does not have a Japanse proxy address?

AmiAmi? HobbyJapan? what?
Old 2014-02-10, 18:05   Link #3005
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Hobby Link Japan
http://www.hlj.com

Hobby Search
http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?T...ey=yamato+2199
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:12   Link #3006
Frontier

Ah, I'd be extremely disappointed if the next crew of the Yamato didn't have Tokugawa in it. Sado's nice and all, but the Yamato wouldn't be the same without a cool old guy like Tokugawa, especially with Okita gone .

Though with Okita gone, Kodai at least doesn't have to share the position of main character anymore .
Old 2014-02-10, 23:16   Link #3007
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
For captain of the Yamato, I would assume Admiral Hijikata (he was captain for part of the second film, but not the second TV series). At least until Andromeda is built.
I'll 2nd that, unless something changes I would assume he'll be captain of Yamato until Andromeda gets commissioned.

Quote:
Possibly Captain Yamamani of the Kirishima (he was captain of the refit Yamato in Be Forever, Yamato). One would assume they would retire battleship Kirishima after they start gettting more modern ships into service (as soon as they get a bunch of new cruisers they could retire the old battleship really).

Sanada would be next in the chain of command on Yamato, but he's got duties on Earth in his pervious position.

Tokogawa, in engineering, is next in rank, but he was about to retire.

Kodai would be next in the chain of command I would guess. He does not have much experiance, and was already promoted two ranks just to be in the Tactical Chief's seat. If they make him captain of a battleship, that is another three rank promotion, though I dounbt they would promote him to the rank of captain. Maybe Lt. Commander or Commander if they felt him worthy of that much, and let him gain experiance before promoting him to Captain.
That makes a great deal of sense rank-structure wise. I concur that Kodai will not likely be Captain of Yamato for quite some time. The new Yamato writers team seems to put a lot of emphasis on realism and that includes Navy ranks and commands.

Quote:
Since it is likely the only modern warship in the fleet for a while, Yamato will need a captain. But how long will it be inactive after the use of the Cosmo Reverse System on Earth? With they patrol with the wave motion gun plugged? Will they have a reduced crew? Will they send time to remove the CRS and replace the Wave Motion Gun? The ship will need a commanding officer, but will it remain in service, or will they sideline it as new ships are built?
Good questions.
I wonder though, will we see new designs for spacecraft in this movie (maybe a hybrid of both the Kirishima era ships and the Andromeda era?
Would be nice to see the evolution of Earth spacecraft from one era to the next (assuming there is one).

Quote:
In the second film, Yamato seemed to be regulated to the reserves and planned to be retired either as a museum or scrap. The crew was split up and Kodai had command of a frigate. Hijikata was in command of the Outer System Patrol Fleet (11th Fleet) from the bridge of a cruiser.

In the Second TV series, Yamato was in the Inner System Patrol Fleet (15th Fleet) as flagship under Kodai as "acting captain" (there was no real rank system in the original, just indications of department heads by colored collars and senior staff by jackets, and captain's by hats.). Hijikata was in command of the Third Fleet on the newly commissioned battleship Andromeda. Yamato was to be refitted with improved systems, of which they only got part of them finished before Kodai took off. They would finish this refit in Be Forever, Yamato.
I would imagine any sequel would change this.
Perhaps we'll see a much slower upward movement of Kodai through the rank structure then before?
Wonder if Yamato will lose the wave motion gun for a newer (Iscandar approved) version?
I am wondering how the agreement between Starsha and Captain Okita will effect future EDF starship designs.

Quote:
As for the Comet Empire and Earth, perhaps Telezart is the location of one of those Warp Gates. That would give a reason for Gatlantis to be heading there. And a reason for Trelana to be there. Instead of being from that planet, she could be a representative from Iscandar that crashed long ago like the ship seen on Beemela.

Makes one wonder if there isn't a closer gate to Earth. Though it could be going in the wrong direction.
That is a very interesting idea, and one that would make total sense in my opinion. Would also be a nice spin on the original storyline.
Old 2014-02-11, 03:20   Link #3008
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The brand new Mega House Yamato 2199 seems to be out of stock already.
Old 2014-02-28, 17:19   Link #3009
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Star Blazers 2199 (volume One) is now avalible for sale in North America.

The only name change is the show's title. Everything else is just like on the Japanese Blu-ray episodes. Just about half the cost and probably less shipping charges.
Old 2014-02-28, 17:40   Link #3010
LKK

Thanks for the report, Ithekro. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to hear that the Yamato is still the Yamato in the episodes.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:46   Link #3011
YF19EX

Thats good to hear! After the test dub, I feared they were going to pull a Tokyopop with this series. Now everyone stateside can enjoy it. Do the US Blurays include all the special content found in the Japanese ones? If they do, I might have to go and buy the US version to complement my Japanese ones!
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 05:50   Link #3012
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As far as I know there are no extras on the US version. Just the episodes with English or Spanish subtitles. Someone said something about cards, but I don't know what Eldred meant by that. The US version are "Limited Edition" with the number on the case (out of 1000 or 2000, something like that).
Old 2014-03-01, 09:27   Link #3013
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
The US version are "Limited Edition" with the number on the case (out of 1000 or 2000, something like that).
The DVD version is limited to 1000 copies and the Blu-ray version is limited to 2000 copies, so anyone who gets the DVD version will have a sticker (or whatever they've decided to do with that) that shows x of 1000 and the one on the Blu-ray will show x of 2000.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 11:14   Link #3014
Ingram

Quote:
The only name change is the show's title. Everything else is just like on the Japanese Blu-ray episodes. Just about half the cost and probably less shipping charges.
I wonder if the subtitles are using "Gamilons/Gamilas" or "Garmilons/Garmilas", or if they'll switch from the former to the latter as the Japanese Blu-rays did.
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 18:13   Link #3015
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
I wonder if the subtitles are using "Gamilons/Gamilas" or "Garmilons/Garmilas", or if they'll switch from the former to the latter as the Japanese Blu-rays did.

Probably won't find that out until volume 3 or 4. I think that was around the time it changed.
Old 2014-03-13, 11:26   Link #3016
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yurisha's character sheet has been added to Yamato2199.net's site

Also: Eureshya?

http://yamato2199.net/character_eureshya.html
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-03-13 at 20:57.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 07:59   Link #3017
macdawson

1/12 scale AU-09 model and the 1/500 Yamato Expansion Set are up for pre-order at HLJ and other shops.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN990185/Sci

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN990136/Sci
Old 2014-03-20, 21:11   Link #3018
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still waiting on Dommel's battleship and any word on the next film.
Old 2014-03-22, 17:10   Link #3019
calubin_175

The November movie will still be set in 2199 about Yamato's journey for Iscandar. Not sure what new material will be introduced.

Izubuchi said he wanted to expand the world. So maybe we will get a glimpse of matters on Earth, other planets etc as well as extra scenarios on the Yamato.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 17:32   Link #3020
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is the long journey home that is largely undocumented. Also there is the question of what happens to Gamilas (and Dessler) after they last encounter Yamato in 2199.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato