AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-26, 13:41   Link #1941
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

@Minaku
Well, the way I see it, the extended trailer could still have just contained more rushed material- hopefully because they couldn't be bothered to try harder as they were busy getting the frames right for the first episode
Although I have to say, I find the expressionless eyes and the really thick lipgloss a bit disturbing. Why is that necessary? It's sooo ugly. Especially in that picture you posted with her mouth closed. Yuck!
And I know what you mean with the missing eyelashes. But I hope it's a fluke. They will fix it. They will. I have no idea why I'm thinking so positively btw
Old 2014-06-26, 19:51   Link #1942
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
@Triple_R you should give Suite Precure's soundtrack a listen, that's mainly what I am reminded of, as opposed to other Precure OSTs
Based on what you wrote here, I searched YouTube for this and listened to it.

And yeah, that really does sound *a lot* like the music in this Sailor Moon trailer.

I wonder who composes anime bgm/OSTs for Toei? They have a pretty distinct flavor.
Old 2014-06-26, 20:13   Link #1943
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Based on what you wrote here, I searched YouTube for this and listened to it.

And yeah, that really does sound *a lot* like the music in this Sailor Moon trailer.

I wonder who composes anime bgm/OSTs for Toei? They have a pretty distinct flavor.
Yeah, that's one of the tracks I was thinking of! There is more, I'm sure, but like I said, I can't quite put my finger on it.
Sorry for not being very specific... I don't actually watch precure outside of a few episodes here and there, I just listen to the ost sometimes, so I'm not particularly knowledgeable, unfortunately
But it's actually the same composer: takanashi yasuharu
I like a lot of his stuff, but the similarity really stood out to me. He is capable of making very different types of music, so I don't get why.
Old 2014-06-27, 02:52   Link #1944
Frumix

Perhaps worth noting that the Niconico broadcast is only available to watch in Japan. The rest of the world will have to go to Crunchyroll and such.
Old 2014-06-27, 09:24   Link #1945
minaku
Princess of Hades

qq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
Perhaps worth noting that the Niconico broadcast is only available to watch in Japan. The rest of the world will have to go to Crunchyroll and such.
They will broadcast the event on 30th, that's why it's for Japan only. The episodes will be available world-wide on Nico. The reason they decided to broadcast the fist half of the event is because the tickets for it were sold out pretty soon, and many people were unable to buy them. The page is unavailable for people outside Japan is for that event. This is the page for the premiere on 7/5 sp.live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv183419343
It's just not open yet, I gues it will be available 15 minutes before the premiere, as every other live on NicoNico. Also today Toei showed the first episode to "selected fans" today... So I doubt there will be any fixes for the first episode It will be the same as the trailer.
I think that Takanashi can't vary his style much. Except for the OST of Naruto, which has a very traditional Japanese sound, and Jigoku Shoujo's OST, which is pretty somber and dark. Anything else he had composed is pretty recognizable.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-27 at 10:27.
Old 2014-06-27, 15:14   Link #1946
Frumix

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
qq

They will broadcast the event on 30th, that's why it's for Japan only. The episodes will be available world-wide on Nico. The reason they decided to broadcast the fist half of the event is because the tickets for it were sold out pretty soon, and many people were unable to buy them. The page is unavailable for people outside Japan is for that event. This is the page for the premiere on 7/5 sp.live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv183419343
It's just not open yet, I gues it will be available 15 minutes before the premiere, as every other live on NicoNico. Also today Toei showed the first episode to "selected fans" today... So I doubt there will be any fixes for the first episode It will be the same as the trailer.
I think that Takanashi can't vary his style much. Except for the OST of Naruto, which has a very traditional Japanese sound, and Jigoku Shoujo's OST, which is pretty somber and dark. Anything else he had composed is pretty recognizable.

The link you gave and the link I gave are exactly the same.
Old 2014-06-28, 05:25   Link #1947
Casshern

I think it sounds more like the choir at the end of the Madoka Magica series.
Old 2014-06-30, 07:37   Link #1949
minaku
Princess of Hades

Amazing, there is a whole gallery I am so relieved

http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show...mage_id/292527
Old 2014-06-30, 07:47   Link #1950
Frumix

Queen Beryl - Misa Watanabe (Northa in Fresh Precure)
Jadeite - Kishio Daisuke
Nephrite - Kousuke Toriumi
Zoisite - Matsukaze Masaya
Kunzite - Eiji Takemoto
Tsukino Ikuko - Yuko Mizutani
Tsukino Shingo - Ryu Seira
Osaka Naru - Satou Satomi
Haruna-sensei - Akemi Kanda
Furuhata Motoki - Okamoto Hiroshi
Umino - Daiki Yamashita
Yumiko (classmate) - Kim Hyang Ri
Kuri (classmate) - Yukiko Morishita
Old 2014-06-30, 09:39   Link #1951
minaku
Princess of Hades

Some more images
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...16845589_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...89537683_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...67388003_n.jpg
Old 2014-06-30, 09:44   Link #1952
AntonKutovoi

Takemoto as Kunzite? That's great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzzTDU9b3s
Old 2014-06-30, 11:17   Link #1953
Horse

Dat leaked event footage... So not impressed. CG everywhere.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:25   Link #1954
minaku
Princess of Hades

Some 3d... big turn off for me, but still I can handle that. I am a big girl My biggest nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYsyJGc7DQ

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-30 at 12:06.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:28   Link #1955
Horse

Ridiculous 3dCG. Usagi looks different in every shot. Luna still sounds like Kyubey to me. Ridiculous mood swing from gloomy atmosphere to cheerful henshin. Bleh.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:30   Link #1956
Frumix

Looks pretty stellar.
Was worth the wait.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:37   Link #1957
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was pretty pumped after watching the OP (did they tweak the design a bit? Their legs don't seem as ridiculously long as before) but then that horrid 3D transformation sequence happened. All is lost.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:12   Link #1958
T-6000

A pity we could see little more than the intro, but I like what I am seeing so far. Now my only criticism is that during Usagi's transformation into Sailor Moon, I think they rely a little too much on CGI. Some CGI can make traditional Cel animation look better, but too much can make it look awkward or even ugly. I'm definitely looking forward to the full episode in a few days.

Oh, and I like this picture. At the end of the first chapter, Luna was with Usagi at school (I'm surprised she was allowed to, even though class didn't technically start) and Usagi complained that sh was "Heavy".

http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show...mage_id/292526

One thing that I noticed the most is that Usagi's original mother, Queen Serenity, has Blonde Hair instead of Silver. I have mixed reactions about that. On one hand, I'd prefer to keep her hair original, but on the other hand I do understand (and even appreciate it a bit) if they are trying to aim for Usagi to be in her likeness some more.

Last edited by T-6000; 2014-06-30 at 12:24.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:24   Link #1959
Frumix

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
A pity we could see little more than the intro/outro, but I like what I am seeing so far. Now my only criticism is that during Usagi's transformation into Sailor Moon, I think they rely a little too much on CGI. Some CGI can make traditional Cel animation look better, but too much can make it look awkward or even ugly. I'm definitely looking forward to the full episode in a few days.

Oh, and I like this picture. At the end of the first chapter, Luna was with Usagi at school (I'm surprised she was allowed to, even though class didn't technically start) and Usagi complained that sh was "Heavy".

http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show...mage_id/292526

One thing that I noticed the most is that Usagi's original mother, Queen Serenity, has Blonde Hair instead of Silver. I have mixed reactions about that. On one hand, I'd prefer to keep her hair original, but on the other hand I do understand (and even appreciate it a bit) if they are trying to aim for Usagi to be in her likeness some more.
I'm pretty sure it's Princess herself in the OP, not her mother.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:28   Link #1960
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Princess herself in the OP, not her mother.
This is Queen Serenity's dress... And her eyes are different shade of blue than Usagi's. I can't believe they used that 3D... But that blond queen is also unforgivable...

Tags
remake, shoujo