AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 14:20   Link #41
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Uhm, how the hell is grimmjow a "good guy". There was absolutely zero good in him, he was a crazy ass beast who wanted to kill everything in his path.
I guess good was a poor word choice but he was more" i dont really care about aizen only myself". he saveded orihime, attacked ulquirra. All he really wanted to do was just fight ichigo. He is basically a zaraki clone doesn't really care about good or evil just fun fights.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:52   Link #42
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Frieza called and wants his/her finger-point curbstomp back.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:54   Link #43
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Gin was a bad guy for biggest part of the show and barely cared about anyone else except Matsumoto. His death does not count as good character death.
Gin was a good guy at heart. He did what he had to in the name of love. His interest at its root is good and pure. In multiple occasions he motivated Ichigo to overcome doubt and fear when he could of just slice him in half. And c'mon what heinous crimes has he committed to be called a bad guy other than abandon SS, kill some noob shinigamis, and cut that Vizard girl in half? Shoot, even I wanna cut her in half, just not horizontially.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:16   Link #44
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Back to Hueco Muendo (lol). Kubo also has a new record for most characters killed in a chapter.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:22   Link #45
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Gin was a good guy at heart. He did what he had to in the name of love. His interest at its root is good and pure.
That's just it though. He didn't care what he had to do to accomplish his goal. He'd murder, lie, betray, and harm others without a second thought. In the end, there were far better ways Gin could've sought revenge. The way he went about it was just awkward. He even gained a sort-of perverse pleasure out of watching opponents struggle against the target of his revenge. He only decided to make his move at the end of the day when it seemed like there was nothing left to look forward to. In hindsight, it begs the question of why he didn't try to get his revenge sooner if he was truly only targeting Aizen for a righteous cause. Because throughout the course of over a century, it's hard to imagine Gin *never* had an opportunity to stab Aizen in the back with his bankai in the manner that he did until the deicide arc. To top it off, his revenge and the methods he used becomes less justified if you stop to consider that Rangiku appeared to have came out of the whole ordeal just fine. From what I understood, its the thrill of the hunt that was Gin's primary goal. He wanted to take Aizen down to satisfy himself because he perceived Aizen to be strong. And that was more important than getting revenge on behalf of Rangiku.

In the end, I'd classify him as the lesser of two evils, but evil nonetheless. He's definitely got a few screws loose. But then again, that's probably partially why people want to love him so much.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:46   Link #46
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Uhm, how the hell is grimmjow a "good guy". There was absolutely zero good in him, he was a crazy ass beast who wanted to kill everything in his path.
Agree with the earlier posts. Grimmjow just as "good" as Kenpachi or Mayuri for that matter (he's probably a tad less sadistic than Mayuri actually). He's a loose cannon, but that doesn't mean he can't be useful to the side of good as long as he's pointed in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The way he went about it was just awkward. He even gained a sort-of perverse pleasure out of watching opponents struggle against the target of his revenge. He only decided to make his move at the end of the day when it seemed like there was nothing left to look forward to. In hindsight, it begs the question of why he didn't try to get his revenge sooner if he was truly only targeting Aizen for a righteous cause. Because throughout the course of over a century, it's hard to imagine Gin *never* had an opportunity to stab Aizen in the back with his bankai in the manner that he did until the deicide arc.
Totally agree with your view about Gin's character, but he probably didn't have a chance before Karakura town. Not taking into account that it took a number of years before Aizen even told Gin his weakness, and that Gin had to master a bankai that would allow him to deal a fatal attack --we see how extremely careful Aizen is when it comes to covering his back (remember what happened when Ichigo tried to stab him by surprise). People who attempt to take him by surprise tend to get raped horribly.

Gin probably had seen enough of Aizen's "just as planned" moments to know that attacking him without being 100% sure his guard is down pretty much suicide. And his guard is almost never down. Aizen knew Gin's intentions from the start and even if Gin didn't outright know Aizen excepted his betrayal, he probably realized Aizen didn't fully trust him. He doesn't trust anyone. Hell, that's his philosophy about life.

Aizen only started dropping his guard and becoming more careless when he became power-drunk from the hyougoku and started purely relying on its regeneration. That's what gave Gin the opportunity to strike.

Old 2012-03-22, 20:56   Link #47
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
he probably didn't have a chance before Karakura town. Not taking into account that it took a number of years before Aizen even told Gin his weakness, and that Gin had to master a bankai that would allow him to deal a fatal attack --we see how extremely careful Aizen is when it comes to covering his back (remember what happened when Ichigo tried to stab him by surprise). People who attempt to take him by surprise tend to get raped horribly.

Gin probably had seen enough of Aizen's "just as planned" moments to know that attacking him without being 100% sure his guard is down pretty much suicide. And his guard is almost never down. Aizen knew Gin's intentions from the start and even if Gin didn't outright know Aizen excepted his betrayal, he probably realized Aizen didn't fully trust him. He doesn't trust anyone. Hell, that's his philosophy about life.

Aizen only started dropping his guard and becoming more careless when he became power-drunk from the hyougoku and started purely relying on its regeneration. That's what gave Gin the opportunity to strike.
Touche. I've got nothing to say against this.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:30   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Aizen even told Gin his weakness
A perfect lure. Except that it was the truth, silly Aizen. Lucked out with Hougyoku.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:20   Link #49
justavisitor

The first impression of the chapter was.."If Aizen was still here..., this new bad guy wouldn't stand a chance" XD

come on, it's time to release Aizen and let him team up with ichigo ...It would be funny to see how Aizen's "just as planned" tactics can fool this new bad guy who is so full of himself
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2012-03-23, 08:38   Link #50
ronin myael
lost ronin

rumors of grimmjow being alive is all over the place! oh well, i can't blame the fans for thinking that. kubo did leave his fate hanging in the air. even hallibell who "supposedly" died from aizen's attack is alive. anything is possible in bleach after all. well, except for protagonists dying. and no, sasakibe doesn't count!
Old 2012-03-23, 12:21   Link #51
unameit

About time sasakibe died, the 1st commander vc has to be at captain level or at least the strongest among vc... rose would suit the vacancy...
Old 2012-03-23, 12:27   Link #52
SeanQ

Was there an actual point to chaining up Halibel -_- Kubo really likes torturing his female chars rather than just killing them off -_-
Old 2012-03-23, 12:36   Link #53
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Have to admit... seeing Nel and Hallibel again made me smile. Those are awesome characters who I hope will have more screen time in the future chapters.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:45   Link #54
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Was there an actual point to chaining up Halibel -_- Kubo really likes torturing his female chars rather than just killing them off -_-
trophy of sorts
Old 2012-03-23, 14:00   Link #55
Eragon
Still Alive

^Or the main bad guy is a real perv who has a weird fetish, eeww. Poor Hallibel.
Old 2012-03-23, 18:54   Link #56
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
and to show that azien couldnt get the job done. weaking azien day by day...how dare tite do that to the best character hes ever created.
Old 2012-03-23, 22:16   Link #57
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wouldn't mind seeing Aizen return to Hueco Mundo and going

"Nope, my bitch. My house. My realm. GTFO"

And then proceed to kill everyone in a second.
and it's funny because I don't even like Aizen...goes to show how much I'm liking new Evil Mc Meanpants.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:17   Link #58
kiak666

So, it seems like the general consensus of this chapter is:

Harribel and Nel's Return >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasakibe's Death.

R.I.P. VC Sasakibe, though I never get to know you much or what your shikai actually does.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:51   Link #59
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
R.I.P. VC Sasakibe, though I never get to know you much or what your shikai actually does.
i'm pretty sure it wasn't for trimming yama jii's beard, so maybe it did all his paperwork or made him spirit particle sandwiches? something like that probably. not totally useless, but very close
Old 2012-03-24, 00:53   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's kind of sad if you think about it, the most screen time and lines Sasakibe has gotten in the whole series was when he got owned by an empty handed Ichigo along with 2 other VCs.

PS: About his ability...well I remember in the anime filler arc about the zampakuto rebellion, his zampakuto was able to use lightning attacks. Considering Kubo helped make that filler arc (since he wanted it in the main series but didn't have enough time) we can assume Sasakibe's shikai ability was also lightning related.
Closed Thread