AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 13:31   Link #6181
green-link94

Has anyone seen the force 24 previews yet. Seems like Signum cut of Cyphas arm... again.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 13:38   Link #6182
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

This time it seems the arm was blown off instead of cut due to Signum's Missile shield thingy.

But again, Cypha can regrow limbs in a way it would make Piccolo green with envy xD (pun totally intentional xD).

And that panel say "continue on Record 25" so Justin's fears had become true, the fight will be prolonged for one more chapter.

P.S.- Oh yeah, Freidrich have a freaking AEC-Armour around his body o.O! For once, i must admit that looks incredibly cool, i love armored Dragons xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 16:53   Link #6183
Justin_Brett

AEC Armor for a specific familiar that only one person even uses, who isn't even that powerful. Who the hell signed off on that? You'd think they could get Erio a spear if such a specific piece of equipment is possible. And if they made armor, why is he the first person who gets it?

Quote:
If Signum is victim of a tragedy now at least she'll be open for interesting developement
You don't seem to understand no matter how many times I say this, but what the hell - what you want to happen =/= what would be interesting or a good idea. And get rid of that signature, nobody cares.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 17:32   Link #6184
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
AEC Armor for a specific familiar that only one person even uses, who isn't even that powerful. Who the hell signed off on that? You'd think they could get Erio a spear if such a specific piece of equipment is possible. And if they made armor, why is he the first person who gets it?
Someone in Caledfwlch Techniques have a Dragon fetish xD?

Quote:
You don't seem to understand no matter how many times I say this, but what the hell - what you want to happen =/= what would be interesting or a good idea.
What i wouldn't want to happen =/= it's inherently good or interesting either. It can work both ways. Everything's relative my friend xD!

Quote:
And get rid of that signature, nobody cares.
If nobody cares then it's harmless and thus there's no reason to remove it xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-29, 17:36   Link #6185
Justin_Brett

Some opinions can be wrong.
Old 2012-05-29, 17:55   Link #6186
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Some opinions can be wrong.
And some other can be right, that's my point.

But besides what's wrong or right depends in great part of the individual exposed to the idea. I'm sure there's more people who, like me, would like to see the evolution of Signum's character and who think she still have plenty of space to grow contrary to the opinion shared by the majority about her being reached the limit of her developement.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-29, 18:09   Link #6187
Justin_Brett

That would be a regressing of her character, which you think would be a good thing. Hence the wrong opinion.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:33   Link #6188
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-link94 View Post
Has anyone seen the force 24 previews yet. Seems like Signum cut of Cyphas arm... again.
The way it looks to me is that Signum blew away the rest of Cypha's body, leaving only an arm.

Next chapter: Cypha goes Creed Diskenth up in this bitch
Old 2012-05-29, 18:34   Link #6189
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
That would be a regressing of her character, which you think would be a good thing. Hence the wrong opinion.
The point is it doesn't necessary have to be a regressing as there's still few we know about Signum's character and her developement in the story has been shortly explored.

You like it that way and in a sense i used to like it that way too since she was the misterious woman without past who fit very nice with her implacable badass status, but like more people in her current situation (Piccolo, Vegeta, Saber, etc) now that she isn't an un beatable badass i hope to see what usually happen to these characters: they show a new, more deep side of them now that their vulnerability is finally exposed. there's tons of stories that can grow from the seeds of Signum's tragedy. If you think that's wrong is just because you don't like the idea xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-29, 19:15   Link #6190
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Signum was never unbeatable in the first place. That's merely your illusion. Signum sure as hell didn't see herself that way as such one loss didn't bother her as much as it did you.
Old 2012-05-29, 19:23   Link #6191
Justin_Brett

Yeah anything like you're talking about probably already happened years ago.
Old 2012-05-29, 20:27   Link #6192
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Signum was never unbeatable in the first place. That's merely your illusion.
Even if you're right, the image she projected for several years was that of a stoic and tough individual with high roficiency on the battlefield against all sorts of opponents. Further cemented by her achievements in StrikerS. Not much was brought into light about her backstory but wasn't necessary because everything we need to know about her is that she's a formidable badass and that she will always be there for Hayate and the Wolks.

Suddenly she seems vulnerable and helpless which in similar cases is when a more in depht retrospective is made about the character which will lead to a resolution that will culminate in said character learning or discarding something. Whith signum that's still yet to be unveiled.

Quote:
Signum sure as hell didn't see herself that way as such one loss didn't bother her as much as it did you.
Again, even if your probably right, there's lots of stuff that could be triggeret by the turn of event she has been victim of. And her reactions can vary in a whole myriad of direction besides "bohoo i've lost". Of course as a harcore fan of hers that's the approach i take but her approach can be very different adn can be tool of very interesting storytelling ...that didn't happened xDU

Quote:
Yeah anything like you're talking about probably already happened years ago.
The key word is "probably" you've just assumed it happened but there's no proof of that nor evidence. The further developement about Signum backstory was in A's sound Stages, ViVid Chapter EX and that's it xDU And almost all of that allude just to collective circunstances. The only things we know about Signum is only what we've seen so far which is little in terms of character grownth, the fact we know so little about her and her reactions is what makes this gold mine of opportunities that is being wasted by Tsuzuki, furtunately not by some fanfic writers i know xD

The thing about the Wolkenritter is that they have received a collective developement. In A's they we're fleshed out as four parts of a common entity rather than separate characters, all of their experiences and reaction were tied to each others and all of them were satellite characters to Hayate.

During StrikerS the group separated. Vita and Signum started to flesh out as satellite characters to Nanoha and Fate respecively instead of Hayate but still most of their toughts and growth were plot devices to develope other characters with only brief moments fo true developement (Vita in the Craddle, Signum VS. Zest).

In FORCE we first saw Signum wandering alone with Agito in a separate mission and having some of her individual toughts for a change but the story quickly subverted that revelaking Signum was just a waking plot device for Cypha to show her bad girl credentials. Time will tell if this going to remain like this but so far Signum hasn't received any sort of toughtfull and deep developement, unveiling or fleshing out yet. She's just there as a bridge for other charaters to grow or showoff.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-29, 20:40   Link #6193
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Suddenly she seems vulnerable and helpless
How is she now vulnerable and helpless? Did she cower in her hospital bed, fearful to leave it in case she should die for real next time? Hell no. She was up and back on the battlefield before she's even fully healed, ready to face Cypha once again. She's still the same old Signum she was before.

It's all your illusion Aki. I will break that illusion!
Old 2012-05-29, 20:47   Link #6194
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
00-Raiser: You can't break that illusion if you don't use Sturmfalken, Starlight Breaker or something.

Or: GIGA.... STURM.... FALKENNNN!!!
Old 2012-05-29, 20:53   Link #6195
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
How is she now vulnerable and helpless? Did she cower in her hospital bed, fearful to leave it in case she should die for real next time? Hell no. She was up and back on the battlefield before she's even fully healed, ready to face Cypha once again.
I said vulnerable and helpless. Not a vulnerable, helpless and a wuss xDU

I like how always i get misreaded into saying Signum is curling in a ball sobbing about her fate. One can struggle against fate and suffer in various ways besides crying and lamenting xDU. Human emotions are much more complicated than that, there's also rage, dissapointment, determination, humbleness, acceptation, and lots and lots of different reactions she could take.

Quote:
She's still the same old Signum she was before.
Yeah, well, that's kind of the problem here. Signum passed trough a major change in how she's portrayed in the series and emerged the same when the plot just had stablished that being the same as always isn't enough to deal with the current situation, the setting of the franchise has evolved beyond of what signum was capable off and her usual behavior and considerations during battle. Yet she's the same and as such reflect to not have what is needed to catch up to the current challenge. Being the same is not enough anymore. She need to grow ...to evolve.

Seeing her appearing in Ch. 24 and challenging Cypha with another of her classic showoff knight speeches was a bit jarring cause she's not imposing in anyway anymore, nor to Cypha, nor to the audience ...well, maybe to Quinn cause she doesn't know Cypha utterly trashed her just a couple of months ago xDU. To put the ice on the cake Signum just affirmed she WILL bring Cypha to justice ARRESTED, implying she have the strenght to do so. Strenght the plot already stablished she doesn't have. So yeah, Signum is sinning of gloating: I woonder if that's part of her strategy and wants Cypha to get overconfident or excited but for now it just came as shameful.

Quote:
It's all your illusion Aki. I will break that illusion!
Good luck. Many have tried and all had failed xD

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
00-Raiser: You can't break that illusion if you don't use Sturmfalken, Starlight Breaker or something.

Or: GIGA.... STURM.... FALKENNNN!!!
Best ...illusion ..breaker ...EVER!! xD

In fact, beating Cypha alone can't restore Signum, the only way is to TOP her downfall by doing something much more impressive xD. I really doubt Tsuzuki will allow her to save everyone by defeating a powerfull enemy or doing an awesome saving move but one can dream xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-29, 21:50   Link #6196
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
In fact, beating Cypha alone can't restore Signum, the only way is to TOP her downfall by doing something much more impressive xD. I really doubt Tsuzuki will allow her to save everyone by defeating a powerfull enemy or doing an awesome saving move but one can dream xD
The only way I can think off is Signum ditch the new weapon and Agito. Then beat Cypha up with her bare hands... yeah that's kinda pushing it.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 22:16   Link #6197
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
The only way I can think off is Signum ditch the new weapon and Agito. Then beat Cypha up with her bare hands... yeah that's kinda pushing it.
I buy that dream minus the Agito ditching, she was also humilliated by Cypha(even worse than Signum in a way) so the little fire fairy deserve some reward xD

Like, saying, Signum against Curren who is the new unbeatable badass of the show. We now that in canon numbers Curren can and will utter destroy Signum without breaking a sweat but i dream on how incredibly awesome would be if Signum manage to do an awesome fight against her xD

Ahh... the realm of dreams n_n

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-30, 01:03   Link #6198
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Guys, stop arguing with Aki again, you know it's pointless. Just smile, nod, and back away slowly.

Has the new half-chapter revealed Signum's AEC name yet?
Old 2012-05-30, 01:10   Link #6199
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Guys, stop arguing with Aki again, you know it's pointless. Just smile, nod, and back away slowly.
Or you can draw your tuna fish and slap me with those xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Has the new half-chapter revealed Signum's AEC name yet?
Surfed the web and found nothing more than two pics so we will need to wait xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-30, 01:25   Link #6200
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Or you can draw your tuna fish and slap me with those xD
My tuna was confiscated by Signum to make those tuna punching gloves.

Quote:
Surfed the web and found nothing more than two pics so we will need to wait xDU
Oh well, I just hoped that Signum shouts out her new Device's name before each attack like she did with Laevatein or something...

Tags
manga, nanoha force