AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 08:42   Link #1381
Destined_Fate

Not gonna lie, I used my Used Game Credits on New Games almost 90% of the time. Usually for newly released ones.

Like Mass Effect.. Until Bioware broke my heart with Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2. Never buying a game from them ever again.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:58   Link #1382
killer3000ad

Early pre-orders of PS4 leading Xbox One by 3 to 2

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2013-06-14 at 09:23. Reason: Misread the ratio, it's 3:2 not 3:1
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:03   Link #1383
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Quote:
“this isn't a sprint. The platform launches this November; we've got more content to share."
So... I guess they assume Sony is done and has nothing else to share? Are they really so ignorant that they think they held back sooooooo much and Sony didn't?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:12   Link #1384
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

So E3 is over, Sony pulled out the gun on Microsoft. I think it's easy to say that Sony have a massive advantage over Microsoft right now if you consider the news that the PS4 is currently the most preordered system on Amazon.

I think the next hurdle for Xbox would be the retail price of their games, there were mentions that it would be cheaper but no official confirmation yet. Also launch date (nov for Xbox One and Q4 for PS4) and how many titles will be ready at launch is going to be a very important factor as well for both console as well. That's probably the biggest pothole for Wii U currently and hopefully neither platform will suffer the same issue.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:16   Link #1385
GDB

I think another big issue with the WiiU is that people wanted to see what Sony and Microsoft would offer. No reason to go "all in" when you don't have to and all.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:23   Link #1386
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... I guess they assume Sony is done and has nothing else to share? Are they really so ignorant that they think they held back sooooooo much and Sony didn't?
It's funny. It's like GC and TGS don't exist. Both big events where Sony has a big presence.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:25   Link #1387
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
PS4's preorder advantage is particularly notable when you consider the statistic is so far for America only. In other words, XBox's home-turf. If XBox One loses to the PS4 in America, then it's likely going to get killed just about everywhere else.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:30   Link #1388
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i just started to read up on this but i stopped reading when i saw the "always online policy"

I lost any and all motivation of buying this new xbox, so its PS4 by default lol or maybe a vita?
Old 2013-06-14, 09:46   Link #1389
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
so its PS4 by default lol or maybe a vita?
Well, that really depends on what you want, though the Vita seems to be getting pounded by the 3DS pretty bad at the moment.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:30   Link #1390
Destined_Fate

Yes, Vita is getting pouned hard and like the PSP good games on the Vita don't appear to be coming over from Japan which in turn hurts the Vita like it hurt the PSP.

Quote:
I think another big issue with the WiiU is that people wanted to see what Sony and Microsoft would offer. No reason to go "all in" when you don't have to and all.
My mind set exactly.

I also don't really like Mario and Zelda games anyway, not my cup of tea.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:33   Link #1391
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I highly doubt they're even on the same playing field when to comes to 'content held back.'

To me, the most damning thing of Microsoft's E3 press conference wasn't the price of the console, or even the massive elephant-in-the-room-called-DRM, but was the fact that they announced that they're setting up a new 1st party studio, Black Tusk.

If you resort to announcing a new game development studio in your press conference, that feels to me like you really have nothing else to share in the short-term, and is basically just hood-winking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
It's funny. It's like GC and TGS don't exist. Both big events where Sony has a big presence.
And the Microsoft's lack-of it for the latter.

I wonder what kind of story they'll spin for their apparent 'disinterest' in the Japanese market...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:49   Link #1392
Destined_Fate

Looks like Ryse isn't going to Rise after all.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/why...ng-game-of-e3/
Old 2013-06-14, 11:52   Link #1393
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I wonder what kind of story they'll spin for their apparent 'disinterest' in the Japanese market...
They're just pissy that Japan didn't embrace the Western ways of the 360, even when it had Vesperia, Blue Dragon, and... something else. So they're basically telling Japan to screw off, but still expect to get Japanese developers to make games for them.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:04   Link #1394
Dirty_Harry

Curiously, the Xbox 360 had several Visual Novels. But it seems not to have been enough.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:08   Link #1395
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I mostly play league of legends on my pc and while yes they have microtransactions, you can just buy what you need for the same price that you would a game in the 90's and early 2000's and pretty much be set (as you can "buy" everything else from just playing the game) They balance and patch the game constantly, and actually have their main devs communicate with the players on their forums.

There's a reason why its the most played game on the planet.
It also helps that League of Legends can be played in China while game consoles are banned.

I've always been primarily a PC gamer, and almost all Xbox games that are worth playing make it to PC, so owning a Microsoft console never made a whole lot of sense.

Quote:
Yet, despite all the backlash they've been taking for their policies, they never thought it'd be a good idea to make this a key note in any presentation. Why is that? There's definitely something about it that they don't want people to look further into, even if it's just that they don't want people doing it like how Sony doesn't make a big deal out of theirs.
It's because they don't want to talk policies at all. Their messaging is off-kilter, and the more their executives contradicted one another, the worse their product would sound. As long as Microsoft had a decent E3, they could hold off on more explanations and come to Gamescom with both carrot and stick in terms of policies. Since E3 was a disaster, it's yet another decision that's disastrous for Microsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. I think Microsoft never expected Sony to checkmate them so decisively.
Microsoft must have thought that the PS4's BoM would be inline with the Xbone, with maybe a little difference because of the Kinect. A small price difference wouldn't be that big a deal because they thought they were bringing in a much better value proposition with the voice commands, etc. Since Microsoft is taking a bath at $499, Sony would have to be very close unless they cut their prices to the bone.

What they didn't know was that the PS4 is very well designed, and that APU yields were good, and that the GDDR5 price is much lower than expected. The end result is that Sony is only losing a modest amount at the U.S. price, and probably coming in even in the EU. It's still dumb of them since they should have known that Sony was targeting $399 all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. So Microsoft is now getting a bit scared. But they can't give in to customer complaints for reason's 4Tran mentioned - It would negate the Kinect benefit.
I think it's too late for them to change policies at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think the next hurdle for Xbox would be the retail price of their games, there were mentions that it would be cheaper but no official confirmation yet. Also launch date (nov for Xbox One and Q4 for PS4) and how many titles will be ready at launch is going to be a very important factor as well for both console as well. That's probably the biggest pothole for Wii U currently and hopefully neither platform will suffer the same issue.
There's no way that the publishers will stand for a lower return on Xbone vs. PS4 sales. Everything else favors Sony by a fair amount - they're ahead in both manufacture and their games are farther along. Sony should even have more games at launch - they only added one first party game to their conference for a reason. There's a ton of Sony developers that we haven't heard from for a couple of years, and we can be certain that they're not on extended vacation.

Quote:
I highly doubt they're even on the same playing field when to comes to 'content held back.'

To me, the most damning thing of Microsoft's E3 press conference wasn't the price of the console, or even the massive elephant-in-the-room-called-DRM, but was the fact that they announced that they're setting up a new 1st party studio, Black Tusk.

If you resort to announcing a new game development studio in your press conference, that feels to me like you really have nothing else to share in the short-term, and is basically just hood-winking.
I think that this is the reason that Sony had all those developers on the conference stage playing their games with a PS4 controller. It's a stark difference to see that and notice that there wasn't anyone doing that at the Microsoft conference (unless you count Killer Instinct). Halo doesn't exist outside of a trailer (which likely wasn't even made by 343), and Battlefield 4 was outright showing the PC version. This all says that we should be worried by Microsoft's ability to launch in November.

Quote:
There's no story - they simply don't have enough launch units to ship to Japan, and they don't really have any intention of competing there anyways. Microsoft just can't come out and say that.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:16   Link #1396
defki

Quote:

And the Microsoft's lack-of it for the latter.

I doubt they will explain much.

The typical Japan is important for us but US/EU is currently our priority. Please understand.

And frankly I doubt they care that much. All they need are the big franchises for the West and they will get them.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:17   Link #1397
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I think that this is the reason that Sony had all those developers on the conference stage playing their games with a PS4 controller. It's a stark difference to see that and notice that there wasn't anyone doing that at the Microsoft conference (unless you count Killer Instinct). Halo doesn't exist outside of a trailer (which likely wasn't even made by 343), and Battlefield 4 was outright showing the PC version. This all says that we should be worried by Microsoft's ability to launch in November.
Ah, that Halo trailer.

Microsoft's very own 'The Last Guardian' moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
There's no story - they simply don't have enough launch units to ship to Japan, and they don't really have any intention of competing there anyways. Microsoft just can't come out and say that.
If we're to believe their 'Asia roll-out', then Japan won't get a ONE even by FALL 2014.

Feels like there's at least some PR bullshit that should be fun to hear why Japan won't get it even after one year.

(since they said that they're still going to be there, even if I doubt they can even break 1 million consoles this time. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:18   Link #1398
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Honestly i still don't believe that bs about sharing games with a 'family' member in Chicago thing.

Too easy to be abused by players. People can simply contact online into group of 10, and in turn buy games to share around. Especially if as they said, more than one person can log in a game at one time.

But if they means "share game" as tell your friend to pay full price for it, or do that once transfer thing, then it's simply a useless system
Old 2013-06-14, 12:20   Link #1399
GDB

Japan isn't important to them though; they can't even pretend now. That listing that came out for the 2014 plans for Asian releases does not include Japan on it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Honestly i still don't believe that bs about sharing games with a friend in Chicago thing.

Too easy to be abused by players. People can simply contact online into group of 10, and in turn buy games to share around. Especially if as they said, more than one person can log in a game at one time.
I know people like to do that on the Tales forums. Share one PSN account, each buying some costumes, and then they all get them. But that's for dinky little $4 costumes, not $60 games.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:24   Link #1400
Dirty_Harry

Maybe the ten people is fixed per account. Can't change once the ten people is chosen.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote