AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 01:18   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Alright just checked some Pics of Marco and Joz etc etc, 1st things 1st, The Whitbeard Pirates are the strongest, now Joz blocked Mihawk's attack and it obviously NOT Mihawk strongest attack. Yes the Obvious had to be stated before a bad case of moronism break out here like on AP. Now I feel good about Marco taking on Yellow, but Joz leave Mihawk the **** alone, you blocking his attack didn't phase him one bit. In any case its foreshadowed that Miahwk can slice up diamond, so why don't you just leave Hawk Eye's alone and go beat up on Moria.....that's what he's there for, to be a punching bag.
There are more than enough division comanders to go around, so I would be more than content to have Mihawk defeat Jozu (honestly, we are writing Jozu off a little to early; he has been on the Grand Line for quite awhile, potentially as long as Mihawk, and, if nothing else, he should be well aware of Mihawk's skills, so if he feels that he can fight Mihawk, then there is probably something more to him than we are currently seeing...or he will simply wander off and fight Moria as you say ).

Realistically, all of them are going to fall anyway, so why not let Mihawk take down one of the big names.

That being said, some pics of the other division leaders are out. Pretty sweet.

Spoiler for size...:

Obviously, the guy in the middle (in the pic on the right) with the pockets stitched to his mouth, and the guy with the DF Ball and Chain (in the pic on the left) are the most noticable, but there seems to be 2 or 3 women also amongst Whitebeard's commanders. Pretty cool.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-05 at 01:47.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:10   Link #62
marvelB

OH SNAP!!! ONIGUMO'S A ZOAN!!!!! AND DOBERMAN...!!!! *massive fangasms*

Er.... sorry about that. Anyways, Onigumo's a spider Zoan! You have no idea how happy this makes me! And did I mention that Doberman's there?

Oh, and that big dude next to Momonga reminds me of Killer. I have no idea who the guy standing between Doberman and Oniguno is, but he looks badass, too. The only thing that would make that VA spread even more perfect than it is would be if Comil and John Giant were present, but I don't see them there. Oh well, the spread is still badass enough as it is.

As for the commanders spread, it looks like I may have been right in guessing that one of the nurses was a commander. My wish for the top hat guy being a commander came true, as well. And is it just me, or.... is a sky islander even one of the commanders? All I know is that he looks like a Robin Hood with wings. I also like that dude with the chains and (I assume) white dreadlocks. Man, this war is going to be so badass......

Edit: Okay, since james0246 posted the commander spread, I'll do the VA one:

Spoiler:

And once again I must point out that ONIGUMO's A ZOAN!!! It's great to see him live up to his namesake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
In any case its foreshadowed that Miahwk can slice up diamond, so why don't you just leave Hawk Eye's alone and go beat up on Moria.....that's what he's there for, to be a punching bag.

Bah, Moria ain't no fodder. He'll unleash an unstoppable army of zombei cyborgs on the unsuspecting pirates next chapter, you mark my words.

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-08-05 at 02:28.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:13   Link #63
patnam

I think Whitebeard make a tsunami and aokiji froze it is a setup by Whitebeard, and this could make a easy path for other pirates to rush over the HQ...
Old 2009-08-05, 02:28   Link #64
game2007

Can we say that Jozu is diamond Logia now?
Old 2009-08-05, 02:30   Link #65
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
OH SNAP!!! ONIGUMO'S A ZOAN!!!!! AND DOBERMAN...!!!! *massive fangasms*

Er.... sorry about that. Anyways, Onigumo's a spider Zoan! You have no idea how happy this makes me! And did I mention that Doberman's there?
Pretty freaking cool. Not only do we get to see an insect Zoan, but a Spider at that (here's hoping Onigumo has some sort of posion technique, or something he can use to dissolve his "prey" ).

Also, in the background behind Doberman there is a figure obscured by the mist who is wearing a hat very similar to the hat Bogart wears. Then again, I just think it would be cool for Bogart to be among the Vice-Admirals....
Old 2009-08-05, 02:30   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Can we say that Jozu is diamond Logia now?

I think he's more likely to be a Paramecia. Like I said before, his fruit basically makes him Daz 2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pretty freaking cool. Not only do we get to see an insect Zoan, but a Spider at that (here's hoping Onigumo has some sort of posion technique, or something he can use to dissolve his "prey" ).

Spiders are arachnids, not insects, but yeah, it's still a welcome addition all the same. I'm really interested in seeing how he'll use his webs as a weapon.....

Quote:
Also, in the background behind Doberman there is a figure obscured by the mist who is wearing a hat very similar to the hat Bogart wears. Then again, I just think it would be cool for Bogart to be among the Vice-Admirals....

Yeah, that does kinda look like Bogart's hat, now that I take a closer look. I certainly do hope that we'll see him in action during this war, because we barely see enough of him in general. As Garp's right-hand man, he should make a nice opponent for the commanders/NW captains, as well.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:36   Link #67
game2007

But if he is merely Paramecia, his body shouldn't be changing like that.

Now let's say if Mr. 1 is Steel Logia, his body would become metallic looking, but since he is Paramecia, he still looks like a normal person but with steel-like skin. It's true that Mr. 1's limbs does change into blades when attacking, but his whole body never actually changed.

On the other hand, Jozu's body becomes shiny and glittering like real diamond. If it was Paramecia, it would be the same as Mr. 1, not much visible changes.
Old 2009-08-05, 02:43   Link #68
marvelB

^To me, it just seems like Jozu created an outer "shell" to protect his body, somewhat like how Mr. 3 has his Candle Champion armor. If he were Logia, then we'd see his body shatter into shards of diamonds or something since Logias can change shape that way. So as it stands, I'd still say that Jozu's a Paramecia. I'm also still pretty convinced that Marco's one as well, at that matter (still crossing my fingers for that "sparkman" theory to hold true)......
Old 2009-08-05, 02:44   Link #69
game2007

Okay, Jozu being Paramecia can be believed to some extent, but as for Marco, it screams Logia in every way. Just look at how his body dissolves into fire (or whatever that is).
Old 2009-08-05, 04:04   Link #70
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

That guy standing next to Onigumo looks like a younger version of Garp with a mustache.. Next chapter should be the turn of the New World Pirates as well as Luffy & co arriving in the midst of all that fighting.
Old 2009-08-05, 04:06   Link #71
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Whatcha talking about mate?

Haki and fruits..I see them as just two different weapons. I don't understand, what is it that makes people think that haki is so superior to devil fruits.

If we see a guy using a spear and the other a sword, we won't assume one is stronger then the other. It would be weird to say something like 'looks like if the spear guy also had a sword, that means they would devastate the swordsman'.

No?

Besides, haki is ambition. And WB pirates have ambition as well..they just project it differently. Having the King's haki doesn't give you a huge advantage over someone whos incredibly skilled with their DF; Its just two sets of completely different skills that really can't be directly compared with each other.
the major difference would be that you can still swim with Haki. Like Shanks
Old 2009-08-05, 04:12   Link #72
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
the major difference would be that you can still swim with Haki. Like Shanks
I guess.

But in a fight on land, it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Also depends what you think haki means. If we use CA's definition, then WB's crew have very strong haki as well.
Old 2009-08-05, 04:54   Link #73
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

does mihawk's words mean that white beard is definitely stronger than him?

Or that whitebeard used to be very much stronger than him and he wants to find out how much he has closed the gap/ whether WB is still stronger?

Both seem to make sense.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:33   Link #74
Prestige

Some spoilers says that Mihawk is former second division commander of Whitebeard pirates and he and Jozo has a little chat where Mihawk says he dont have time to remember old times and he want to test himself against strongest and Jozo says that Whitebeards have been missing swordsman since Mihawk left and he cant get piece of king straight off.

Also Mihawks slash is NOT worlds strongest its just some random marine fanboy yelling, Mihawk himself dont say anything during attack.

But seriosly there are sooooo many intresting inviduals already introduced in this battle, if this war would be showned as Bleach style where 'war' is fought by random 1vs1 battles then we would be stuck for this war for 2020 since we have huge amount of material for it already.

Cant wait for chapter release and I have to get some self-control and avoid spoiling myself any further and save some suprises for chapter itself.
Old 2009-08-05, 05:58   Link #75
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Some spoilers says that Mihawk is former second division commander of Whitebeard pirates and he and Jozo has a little chat where Mihawk says he dont have time to remember old times and he want to test himself against strongest and Jozo says that Whitebeards have been missing swordsman since Mihawk left and he cant get piece of king straight off.
Where'd ya get this?

BTW GARPs a hyena devil fruit. :O
Old 2009-08-05, 08:43   Link #76
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Momonga looks bad ass to me for some reason, and Whitebeared has some female commanders! I'm loving that VA spread right now. I've always been a fan of the Marines. With all thats happening, is all of this still being broadcasted to the entire world? If so this would make for some good TV.
Old 2009-08-05, 08:52   Link #77
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

Also Mihawks slash is NOT worlds strongest its just some random marine fanboy yelling, Mihawk himself dont say anything during attack.

But seriosly there are sooooo many intresting inviduals already introduced in this battle, if this war would be showned as Bleach style where 'war' is fought by random 1vs1 battles then we would be stuck for this war for 2020 since we have huge amount of material for it already.

Cant wait for chapter release and I have to get some self-control and avoid spoiling myself any further and save some suprises for chapter itself.

No spoilers say that. If you were reading arlongpark, then what you read was some fake conversation some user made up for Chapter 554. He wasn't serious.
Old 2009-08-05, 09:03   Link #78
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Where'd ya get this?

BTW GARPs a hyena devil fruit. :O
WTF?! Even Garp has a Devil Fruit? I was hoping his ability was just insane superhuman strength. I mean he is called Garp The Fist
Old 2009-08-05, 09:10   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
WTF?! Even Garp has a Devil Fruit? I was hoping his ability was just insane superhuman strength. I mean he is called Garp The Fist
Not sure if its Garp, but the VA standing behind the VA with the spider fruit seems to be transforming into a hyena or perhaps a cheetah. Might not be him, but I remember Garp having a dog theme, and his shape vaguely resembles Garp.

I might be wrong though.

Check it out yourself: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5195/552480.jpg
Old 2009-08-05, 09:53   Link #80
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Not sure if its Garp, but the VA standing behind the VA with the spider fruit seems to be transforming into a hyena or perhaps a cheetah. Might not be him, but I remember Garp having a dog theme, and his shape vaguely resembles Garp.

I might be wrong though.

Check it out yourself: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5195/552480.jpg
Aw man, it does look like it could be him, I hope not though.
Closed Thread