AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 15:25   Link #541
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

who said anything about invasion or occupation. The US troops would just be "advisors" make up of entirely of Special forces and CIA.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-02-07 at 16:27.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 01:07   Link #542
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who said anything about invasion or occupation. The US troops would just be "advisors" make up of entirely of Special forces and CIA.
The amount of 'advisers' would be too small for the U.S. to assume any control over the Japanese expeditionary force. Nor would they gain much by sending such a force. In any subsequent peace treaty, the Japanese wouldn't yield much of the spoils of war to the Americans since they didn't contribute much. Hence, the U.S., if they wanted a greater proportion of the spoils of war, must contribute a much larger force--which would be politically and financially impossible unless they risk stronger opposition from the public as well as greater debt.With only a minimal benefit to the United States, the U.S may as well not have sent one thousand men. Just not worth it. Besides that, I believe that sending any military force, even 'advisers' that are engaged to combat for any length of time over 60 days is unlawful and must be authorized by the Congress. Otherwise, the President may be impeached and arrested if discovered.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-02-08 at 01:42.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 18:51   Link #543
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
In any subsequent peace treaty, the Japanese wouldn't yield much of the spoils of war to the Americans since they didn't contribute much.
Information, right now every bit of info the US is getting is filter through the Japanese. Have your own set of boots and eyes on the ground is well worth it.

Quote:
Besides that, I believe that sending any military force, even 'advisers' that are engaged to combat for any length of time over 60 days is unlawful and must be authorized by the Congress. Otherwise, the President may be impeached and arrested if discovered.
oh please, like that has ever stop a US president.
Old 2013-02-08, 21:44   Link #544
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Information, right now every bit of info the US is getting is filter through the Japanese. Have your own set of boots and eyes on the ground is well worth it.

oh please, like that has ever stop a US president.
That's because every subsequent war was authorized by the congress. The president can't do anything about any war if it was not authorized by the congress.
Old 2013-02-09, 01:02   Link #545
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
That's because every subsequent war was authorized by the congress. The president can't do anything about any war if it was not authorized by the congress.
congress never declare war in Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia. but stuff still happen on there.
Old 2013-02-09, 05:39   Link #546
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
congress never declare war in Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia. but stuff still happen on there.
The congress passed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution after the Tokin Incident for use of conventional force in South East Asia to defend South Vietnam. And even then, the War Powers Resolution which forbade the use of armed forces overseas for any period longer than 60 days without congressional assent was only passed in 1973, after the Vietnam War had started.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-02-09 at 05:49.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:26   Link #547
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
nah i don't wanna go to /a/ anymore. people are gonna be mocked there either way.

@chirst: who's the new characters? also source please.

Spoiler for for the spoilers:
About the Novel vol. 6 (gaiden).
That question has been discussed in another american TV series which gives some interesting answers.
Spoiler for about novel 6 discussion:

And just trying to read the ja wiki with my limited japanese I figured a few things.

Seems like the middle names of some characters are based on their religion or god they worship.
Tuka Luna Marceau middle name comes from Lunaryu the god of music.
Lelei La Lelena comes from Elran & Lah gods of knowledge/education, on the other hand her sister is named Arpeggio El Lelena.

As for the other apostle/demigod (the white goth loli) that was pictured behind Rory in ch. 18.
Spoiler for some novel spoilers and info on the dark elf:

Last edited by Kamui04; 2013-02-15 at 19:09.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:13   Link #548
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Spoiler for some novel spoilers and info on the dark elf:
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2013-02-15, 18:45   Link #549
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-18, 09:08   Link #550
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
What an interesting story

This series deserves more attention.
Old 2013-02-18, 12:40   Link #551
Tru3Ph03niX

From what I understand the Apostles are all gods in the flesh.
Gods who have not yet ascended from their mortal flesh and remain.
In other words Demigods.
Tru3Ph03niX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 23:30   Link #552
art37

Just wandering who is closest to itami?

Im surprise that his two subordinate got laid first. and one gets pregnant..
art37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 16:22   Link #553
Kamui04

Chapter 19 raw is out.
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/view_manga.php?no=171
Old 2013-02-27, 16:42   Link #554
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art37 View Post
Just wandering who is closest to itami?

Im surprise that his two subordinate got laid first. and one gets pregnant..
Wait what?

2 Subordinates = the short big-boobed one and the tall beautiful one, right? Those two got laid? o.O Who got pregnant?
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 17:26   Link #555
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Wait what?

2 Subordinates = the short big-boobed one and the tall beautiful one, right? Those two got laid? o.O Who got pregnant?
Spoiler for Clarification:
Old 2013-03-03, 16:41   Link #556
jasper222

now i really want the novel or even the light novel to get translated. the manga's obviously just promotional material.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 00:05   Link #557
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh hey, so we get an ACTUAL chapter out as well.

I assume this is the first time Hardy's been mentioned in-text/manga (no thanks to the spoilers we know who he ACTUALLY is) and it does look like the deity of the Underworld has a thing for Rory... which is where Itami apparently comes in (as deity repellent LOL). We also finally get to meet Risa, who turns out to be terrifying to the fantasy-worlders, but in a whole different manner.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:21   Link #558
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I was just wondering what would the development be if the gate was opened earlier, in Imperial Japan during WWII.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:23   Link #559
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I was just wondering what would the development be if the gate was opened earlier, in Imperial Japan during WWII.
America would get the gate, and access to the alternate world.

While the alternate world has access to a ton of resources, Japan wouldn't be able to turn those raw materials into advantages in an industrialized war quickly enough to help them out in WW2. And even if you did, the gate would become a huge inferstructural choke point waiting to get bombed. The biggest thing that would change would be the Soviets would probably be more adamant about getting access to the gate. The soviets would likely join the war against Japan sooner.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:41   Link #560
ZeKeR
Superbad

btw exactly how did they take down that hueg ass dragon?

if the composite scale taht was researched was equivalent to that of tungsten and size of dragon it would take about several PzF 3's fitted with HE (i am not sure what shaped charge does to living tissue that has interleaving scales), the SPAAG's doing their thing or a LOT of ordnance when the thing is grounded (if a group of heavy armor can't survive a full barrage or the pummeling of an AC-130, how much more can a dragon thats grounded and being hit by assorted crap) since I did see our MC carry a PzF 3 with Yao.

also, regarding ze spoiler for v6....

I'm hoping that there's an expert within the personnel in the Alnus Hill FOB that knows where to dig oil or else they're gonna have to go whale hunting (I heard back then that whale is delicious as well). gas is... well... better go to the imperial archives to check for swamps or peat bogs that was cartographed during their early days and if its gone.... well, pray there's gas in there in the deepest layers.

the metal is... well... I wonder how the warcraft world miners would fare when:
>section of mine encounters stubborn rock
>FoB guys send a single 155 HE shell
>combat engineer rigs said shell to manually detonate
>behold! insta-blast mining

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction