AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 20:05   Link #1701
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
And for separate ending routes, Hata has been drawing some of them in the inner cover of volumes (though all of them are plain comedies)
Ah yes, I remember seeing the Izumi/Hayate one in volume 11. The two of them on a date at the onsen.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:57   Link #1702
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think the manga will end with Hayate being with anyone, but I do think the manga will end with everyone aware of everyones feelings for whom they share with it, and will not back down so easy. So as you can see I think the manga will end with a big harem with everyone who is currently in love with Hayate and perhaps future characters having confessed there feelings too him and wont back down and say something I will win hayate over with my love etc etc.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:36   Link #1703
IndoViking

Hello, newbie here, please go easy on me

anyway, i agree on Hina-ending being possible (and would love to see), but as said before, The most plausible way for her ending to make sense, i guess is to become pretty involved in this plot Hata-sensei drew up. If not, well, it would be awkward to pair her up with hayate when she didn't do anything in this arc...

Quote:
I dont think the manga will end with Hayate being with anyone, but I do think the manga will end with everyone aware of everyones feelings for whom they share with it, and will not back down so easy. So as you can see I think the manga will end with a big harem with everyone who is currently in love with Hayate and perhaps future characters having confessed there feelings too him and wont back down and say something I will win hayate over with my love etc etc.
I could see that too, but hope not, i had enough of those kind of ending in School Rumble
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 23:22   Link #1704
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hayate's gonna "end up" with Nagi, but not in a romantic relationship.

I can't see this series ending any other way.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:36   Link #1705
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Hayate's gonna "end up" with Nagi, but not in a romantic relationship.

I can't see this series ending any other way.
Yeah this part of the ending will be there for sure. Regardless of who Hayate ends up romantically, if anyone at all, he will still be Nagi's Butler.

And I really don't see him ending up romantically with Nagi at all.

(On relationships in Hayate no Gotoku)

The funny part with me is that I really don't have a specific pairing I like. I kind of like them all a lot.
The only way I would be truly happy is if someone converted the manga into a dating sim where I can complete ALL the routes.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:54   Link #1706
Used Can

I'd agree on the many-ends because there are many girls I'd like to win, like Athena, Ayumu, Hina, Maria and Izumi. But when I think about it, I realise that'd be boring. It'd be like watching a competition in which more than one can win. For some reason, that idea turns me off. Personally, I'd like one ending and accept it, whether that's the outcome I wanted the most or not.

I guess I'm just not fond of the "everyone is pleased" outcomes. Usually when you try to please everyone, the results of your efforts end up being either mediocre or just plain bad. Well, who knows, probably others think differently.
Old 2009-07-29, 01:54   Link #1707
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
The funny part with me is that I really don't have a specific pairing I like. I kind of like them all a lot.
The only way I would be truly happy is if someone converted the manga into a dating sim where I can complete ALL the routes.
I hate dating sims but I would definitely play a decently done Hayate no Gotoku dating sim.

Knowing me, I'd probably just run through it and get the Izumi and Kotetsu endings several times over though. Maybe stop once in awhile to go for Ayumu.

Which reminds me, I never did finish that "Princess Maker" HnG game for the DS...
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 02:08   Link #1708
Mentar
Banned

Okay, I bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yeah, I've never tried to deny that a Hinagiku end is quite possible, but so far, she's only been a character that revolves around romance. She's never been a central character, even back when the story barely had any kind of plot.
The opposite. In the past, when the story barely had any kind of plot, she was the ONLY character who had any kind of lasting development. And even in those arcs which were not focused on her (e.g. Tiger's Den), she played a major role, since she is one of the extremely few characters who have the capability to meaningfully help Hayate.

Quote:
That's why I've always thought (even back when she was my favourite character), that her popularity alone wouldn't help her to end up with Hayate. Certainly, she's been granted far more scenes than any of the other support characters, but that doesn't mean she's received more development.
But she has. That's the thing. No character has received remotely as much detail in development as her, particularly her relationship with Hayate (but also others, see Ayumu), her understanding of herself and her motivation.

Quote:
In fact, you can argue 2 important points: 1) In terms of how much she has done to 'advance', Ayumu has done far more; so, in this regard, the latter has been much more developed - even if she's received far less scenes.
You can't be serious. As much as I like Ayumu, she is THE constant character with essentially NO advancement. She never changed in her dealings with Hayate, she was always 100% lovelove. Hayate never changed in his relationship to Ayumu either, he was always "I do like her, but..." without real active commitment by himself. The only trace of development I can see for Ayumu is that her confidence in expressing her feelings gradually increased over time, and naturally her friendship with Hina. Unfortunately, this didn't cause any change in Hayate.

Quote:
2) In terms of how much Hayate has developed a fixation on them, although it's been shown he feels something for Hina, the same thing has been shown for Ayumu. In Maria's case, it's been shown at a degree a bit larger, and Athena surpasses them in that regard by far.
Hayate has no "fixation" on anyone but Nagi (though non-romantic there) and arguably A-tan so far, and even that remains to be seen, once he deals with it. Maria and Hina both elicit major reactions from him, but there are various points where Hayate indicated that he sees Maria as an "older woman", not someone on his own level. I can also not remember Hayate pondering over his relationship to Maria on a lasting basis, it's always merely situational and "out of sight, out of mind". No change, no development. Ayumu is the only one who came out strongly and openly for him, but the (sad) truth for her shippers is that nevertheless he doesn't think that his duties towards Nagi allow for any romantic relationship. I can't see how you can credibly form any substantial romantic case here. Also, keep in mind that she was NOT mentioned in Hata's "which girls are in striking distance" blog entry.

Quote:
So, in the end, all we can say for sure is that Hinagiku has only received more scenes, but not necessarily more development.
Strongly disagree. You'd need a timeline and ALOT of time to capture all the nuances of her development, not only within herself, but also in her relationship with Hayate (even if you ignore all others, which ALSO got meaningful developments). Just a quick rundown:

o Initial immediate liking of Hayate (Invitation to clock tower, flashback admission "it was love on first sight" later in the manga)
o Playful teasing of him with growing interest (Haunted House)
o Strong competitiveness with flaring anger towards ruthless Hayate (Sports meet)
o Ice Age (Dropping him down to Ayasaki-kun)
o Turning into a Tsundere (She wasn't before! Helping Hayate out anyway in Tiger's Den while pretending not to)
o Start of friendship with Ayumu (Valentine's day)
o Ice Age gradually thawing (Lost Kitten arc, taking Hayate in)
o Growing irritation and confusion (Obsession with Hayate, misunderstanding about dating)
o Realization of Love (Tower Scene)
o Suffering of Hina (Guilt trip due to Betrayal of Ayumu)
o Sad Help, trying to bring Ayumu and Hayate together, but downcast about it (Onsen arc, White Day arc)
o Breaking Free: Coming clean with Ayumu, but refusing to confess (Ferris Wheel)
o Change of Hina's focus from "What do I think of Hayate" to "What does Hayate think of me"
o Hayate scared of Hina hating him: Start of Kinder and Gentler Hina project
o Occasional outbursts of anger and violence nevertheless (Date arc)
o Calm times spent between Hayate and Hina become more natural and less tense.
o Relationship with Ayumu continues to deepen.
o Teamups with Hayate become more natural too (Rescue of Nagi/Ayumu in Mykonos)
o Developing a "I'm not girly / He doesn't see me as a frail girl worth protecting" schtick
o Culmination point: "Do I want to save him or be loved by him?" (Beach ball competition)
o Saves him and flees
o Agrees to a Dinner for Two

This is just a very quick and rough rundown. There is no other character in the entire story which got REMOTELY as much meaningful development as her, which affected her relationships AND the way she viewed and was viewed by people at the same time. In that aspect, Hina is more of a main character than for example Maria, who only rarely has more than a situational 1-episode impact on the story, without lasting repercussions.

Quote:
Now that the story has received a plot (which keeps on expanding), how deep will Hina go into it? I can see some possibilities (e.g. her parents may have some relationship with Mikado, and they may be holding one of those King's Gems), but if she remains as a support character, how far can she go?
If anything, the latest chapters should have given you a clue. Hata is actively dragging Hina into this storyline which did not naturally seem to have had anything to do with her at all, by establishing an important Hina-A-tan link. We'll see how it progresses.

Quote:
When a plot starts moving fast, generally only the characters who are actually related to it move, whilst the rest remain stagnant. If Hina is never tied to that plot, that's what will happen to her.
It's as if you haven't read chapters 232 and 233 at all. Strange.

Quote:
And, if that happens, it wouldn't be odd if her popularity goes down, whilst that of those characters who are tied to the plot goes up.

That's why I've said that Hina losing her popularity is very, very improbable, but not impossible.
Well, we obviously can't know by now. But what you call a "side character" has been mopping up with all other contestants quite consistently, and her lead is growing. If you ask me, I know why
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 02:18   Link #1709
bebichocpha

I've just read chap 234 RAW, I wonder what thay said and what happen in the next chap, somebody can do some spoiler about it plz ^_^
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 05:41   Link #1710
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
I've just read chap 234 RAW, I wonder what thay said and what happen in the next chap, somebody can do some spoiler about it plz ^_^
Well here you go :

Spoiler for Chap234:
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 05:49   Link #1711
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
I think HnG came out as a game... but it doesn't follow the storyline. Do you guys remember what Maria said once?

"You won't end with Nagi and get all of your debt paid. This manga is not about success story of Hayate."

Well, she said something along that line. And I think she also mentioned that Hayate is a comedy character, so he won't have a happy ending. One thing we can be sure is that something bad is prepared for Hayate in the end.

And, some interesting info was posted on this week's diary. He said Athena came to Hakuo right after Maria graduated and graduated before Hina and others came. Hata said she never wore school uniform probably because she was never in the class with other kids. Also, she rarely came to school while she attended it. He said that there may be the day to show what happened to her during 10 years without Hayate and the reason why she was in the Royal garden (which probably means that topic won't come up in the story for next few arcs)

Say... Maria graduated when she was 13, and Hina enterd Hakuo when she was 15 so Athena must have graduated Hakuo in 2 years. If that's correct, she indeed is the best genius Hakuo ever had.

For a moment, I was confused. They said Athena was the chairman of Hakuo. And the chairman failed Hayate in his exam. And Hina said Athena stopped coming to the school after last year. Maybe, the reason why Athena stopped coming to school is because Hayate came?

EDIT: I just read 234 and noticed something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsura Hinagiku
So after that incident... I got to talk to her little by little so... we got pretty close. Stuffs like happenings at home, and there were many things I could put sympathy and...
So, did Athena's parents abandon her or something?

Last edited by primuler; 2009-07-29 at 06:28.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 06:30   Link #1712
bebichocpha

Quote:
For a moment, I was confused. They said Athena was the chairman of Hakuo. And the chairman failed Hayate in his exam. And Hina said Athena stopped coming to the school after last year. Maybe, the reason why Athena stopped coming to school is because Hayate came?
Hata always make everything unpredictable, so just wait and stay stun for the next chapter
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 07:01   Link #1713
Slayer007

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
I think HnG came out as a game... but it doesn't follow the storyline. Do you guys remember what Maria said once?

"You won't end with Nagi and get all of your debt paid. This manga is not about success story of Hayate."

Well, she said something along that line. And I think she also mentioned that Hayate is a comedy character, so he won't have a happy ending. One thing we can be sure is that something bad is prepared for Hayate in the end.

And, some interesting info was posted on this week's diary. He said Athena came to Hakuo right after Maria graduated and graduated before Hina and others came. Hata said she never wore school uniform probably because she was never in the class with other kids. Also, she rarely came to school while she attended it. He said that there may be the day to show what happened to her during 10 years without Hayate and the reason why she was in the Royal garden (which probably means that topic won't come up in the story for next few arcs)

Say... Maria graduated when she was 13, and Hina enterd Hakuo when she was 15 so Athena must have graduated Hakuo in 2 years. If that's correct, she indeed is the best genius Hakuo ever had.

EDIT: I just read 234 and noticed something

Quote:
So after that incident... I got to talk to her little by little so... we got pretty close. Stuffs like happenings at home, and there were many things I could put sympathy and...

So, did Athena's parents abandon her or something?
Hina would have info on that if this sentence proves that Athena shared her past with Hina..which I am not entirely certain about. If so, the things she would have shared with Hina would be about her parents and her past before meeting Hayate. I doubt she'd have told Hina about Hayate and her. Else she would have had a serious conversation with Hayate earlier when they first met.

Well there are a few possibilities:
1. A-tan's parents ditched her similarly to what Hayate's parents did, cept maybe not with the debt but other circumstances (explaining why she retaliated so much against Hayate going back to them)
2. Her parents passed away.
3. She ran away from her parents.

Also, in chp 234, it looks like Hayate realises that A-tan still hasn't forgotten about him assuming the spoilers are accurate. Athena being sensitive about being called "A-tan" by Hina should be a solid proof to show Hayate that she hasn't forgotten about him. At least that's cleared up on Hayate's side. Does anyone have any spoilers for chp 235?
Slayer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:09   Link #1714
tsunade666

I think spoiler for 235 should show up this saturday ( at least )

As for a-tan not coming to school by the time hayate is going to BE ADMITTED to hakuo is a very likely possible. But maybe not by its possible that hata will connect it. And as for A-tan's secrets that had been shared with Hina. If its parents I wish it wouldn't be a parent abandon child again. Its getting kinda tiring for me though it depends on how will hata show it. But I prefer parent that's alive but like dead. Doesn't care at all and even treat you like your not their. Its a much more better reason for running away ( like taiga ) And if your parents are like that it wouldn't be impossible to develop a anti-social character.

And just a though maybe the one that mikado stole from A-tan is the kings's jewel. And its store in the sarcophagus of her grandfather in the royal garden. And its like a key or something that gives power. The idea comes up with when I read here an idea that revolves on reviving nagi's mother

As for hayate being paired up with someone in the end. It will never happen. Hayate already promised again. When nagi as him to stay for ever, he agreed and it would probably end up with nagi though its doubtful for a romantic ending with her but possible.

And A-tan boosting popularity just for a 10 chapter is really a feat. But I also like hina ( and ayumu ) As first my favorite is the pink goddess but A-tan is REALLY AND INTERESTING character. Its just makes her more appealing to me than hina.

And as for A-tan fans being minor here in the forum I doubt it but still the pink goddess fans are roaming everywhere. And its kinda childish to argue more into it. On which is number one and 2. Every one has their own number 1 to begin with.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:13   Link #1715
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer007 View Post
Hina would have info on that if this sentence proves that Athena shared her past with Hina..which I am not entirely certain about. If so, the things she would have shared with Hina would be about her parents and her past before meeting Hayate. I doubt she'd have told Hina about Hayate and her. Else she would have had a serious conversation with Hayate earlier when they first met.

Well there are a few possibilities:
1. A-tan's parents ditched her similarly to what Hayate's parents did, cept maybe not with the debt but other circumstances (explaining why she retaliated so much against Hayate going back to them)
2. Her parents passed away.
3. She ran away from her parents.

Also, in chp 234, it looks like Hayate realises that A-tan still hasn't forgotten about him assuming the spoilers are accurate. Athena being sensitive about being called "A-tan" by Hina should be a solid proof to show Hayate that she hasn't forgotten about him. At least that's cleared up on Hayate's side. Does anyone have any spoilers for chp 235?
Slowdown Slayer-bro, 234 didn't scanlated yet

I am a bit happy to hear spoiler of c234 that Hayate know A-tan still remember him
And A-tan graduate from Hakuo in two years is indeed fantastic, that's A-Tan ojousama for you but some thing come to my mind why she attend Hakuo?, is that because she have something to do since that Academy build on the land where Royal Garden stand? She's rich enough to have private school in her Castle, did she feel lonely after divorce from Hayate then search for some common folk friend?

By the way, Slayer-bro? your nickname is good, remind me of my Father, did U a slayer too? I mean Hitman? lets talk more in YM, I'll PM you

Last edited by surerman; 2009-07-29 at 08:43.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:40   Link #1716
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Excellent reply Mentar, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I was also wondering, though, why people think that Ayumu is a well-developed character? To go with your points as well, she hasn't really changed much since her introduction and we know nothing about her past. It could be very interesting if she were to recieve some actual development, but until then she's just a minor one dimensional character defined solely by her crush on Hayate.

As for the ending, I think that if Hata was merciful then Hayate could at least have his debt cleared and be free to begin achieving his own dreams and find love and all that. However, given what the guy has already suffered through I don't think it's going to let up anytime soon. I kind of get the feeling that something terrible will happen to him in the end like getting sent to jail, like the series finale of Seinfeld. I really want the series to not end just to avoid whatever Hata has saved up for the poor bastard.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 11:03   Link #1717
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I was also wondering, though, why people think that Ayumu is a well-developed character? To go with your points as well, she hasn't really changed much since her introduction and we know nothing about her past. It could be very interesting if she were to recieve some actual development, but until then she's just a minor one dimensional character defined solely by her crush on Hayate.
I wouldn't go that far. Personally, I really like Ayumu, she's got a kind and exceptionally generous character. She's a great friend. She's open and dedicated in her pursuit of Hayate. The growth (or should I say, maturing) of her is that she realized it wouldn't kill her even if her efforts remained unrequited, but she's forging on anyway. She's got a happy and sweet disposition, and a part of me wishes for her to find someone who loves her back with the same dedication that she's showing to Hayate right now. As strange as it sounds, she deserves someone better than Hayate.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 11:52   Link #1718
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The opposite. In the past, when the story barely had any kind of plot, she was the ONLY character who had any kind of lasting development. And even in those arcs which were not focused on her (e.g. Tiger's Den), she played a major role, since she is one of the extremely few characters who have the capability to meaningfully help Hayate.
Certainly, just as the part of my post you've quoted, I said Hina was basically shown in romance-related chapters. But whenever the little plot of the story kicked in, she was only a support character. I'll use your example as an example, whilst Hina was certainly helpful in that arc, the arc wasn't focused on her. She was only there to support them, and then she watched on the sidelines.

Quote:
But she has. That's the thing. No character has received remotely as much detail in development as her, particularly her relationship with Hayate (but also others, see Ayumu), her understanding of herself and her motivation.
I think I've got to make my point clear. With development, I have never meant character development (in which, I'll agree, she's received more of it than other characters), but development as in how much she has made her relationship with Hayate advance. In that regard, she hasn't made more progress than the others. To put this in simple terms, she didn't realise she was in love with Hayate until the 10th volume, whereas Ayumu had already confessed to him on the first or the second one. Certainly, one could say the fact Ayumu confessed means nothing, because Hayate rejected her, but that's actually irrelevant, because, in the end, the fact Hayate knows her feelings remain. That, on itself, is quite some large development. And, even now, Hina is not there yet, and we're at what, volume 20?

Quote:
You can't be serious. As much as I like Ayumu, she is THE constant character with essentially NO advancement. She never changed in her dealings with Hayate, she was always 100% lovelove. Hayate never changed in his relationship to Ayumu either, he was always "I do like her, but..." without real active commitment by himself. The only trace of development I can see for Ayumu is that her confidence in expressing her feelings gradually increased over time, and naturally her friendship with Hina. Unfortunately, this didn't cause any change in Hayate.
Actually, the "no advancement" is a relative term. Think of it as a race; for the sake of simplicity, let us forget there are several girls who like Hayate, and reduce them to only Hina and Ayumu. Both of them are cars (vroom! vroom! if you know what I mean). Now, as for the settings of this race, Ayumu got a head start - say, she started at 2/3 of the whole track, whereas Hina started at -1/3 (why the negative value? because the start line begins at the point in which she's realised she's got feelings for Hayate) - and Ayumu is even going at higher speeds than those Hina. However, in the final 1/3 of the race, the track is full of obstacles, and the track itself is heavily damaged. So, while we'd see Hina going steady, we'd see Ayumu having to slow down and having difficulties. All the same, Hina will reach this part of the track at some point. Obviously, at that point, the question whether Hina will have a better strategy will rise.

Technically speaking, we already know their strategies. Ayumu plans to go through the difficult track, whereas Hina expects the track to accept her and become nice to her (yes, it is a magical track). So, it all comes down to whether Ayumu can successfully go through that difficult track, or whether the track becomes nice to Hina. Whatever happens first will decide the victor. All the same, there's also the possibility none of those things happen, and none of them are able to finish the race and lose.

Quote:
Hayate has no "fixation" on anyone but Nagi (though non-romantic there) and arguably A-tan so far, and even that remains to be seen, once he deals with it. Maria and Hina both elicit major reactions from him, but there are various points where Hayate indicated that he sees Maria as an "older woman", not someone on his own level. I can also not remember Hayate pondering over his relationship to Maria on a lasting basis, it's always merely situational and "out of sight, out of mind". No change, no development. Ayumu is the only one who came out strongly and openly for him, but the (sad) truth for her shippers is that nevertheless he doesn't think that his duties towards Nagi allow for any romantic relationship. I can't see how you can credibly form any substantial romantic case here. Also, keep in mind that she was NOT mentioned in Hata's "which girls are in striking distance" blog entry.
Sorry, I think I shouldn't have used the term fixation. My bad. I meant interest. Anyway, you've used Maria and Ayumu as examples for Hayate being unable to form a love relationship with. However, the same thing can be said about Hinagiku. He thinks she's a nice person, but most of the time he thought she hated him, and even after that matter was solved, he was sure she'd never like him. So, in this regard the issue is the same with Maria, even if Hata confirmed both of them are in "Hayate's strike zone", Hayate himself thinks they would never fall for a guy like him. So, in that regard they are the same.

Additionally, we cannot say that his duty towards Nagi being a limit for his love life applies only to Ayumu. Remember, as of now, she's the only girl who has confessed to him. He doesn't know about Maria's and Hina's feelings; however, if they ever were to confess to him, chances are good his duty toward Nagi would become a limit too (well, perhaps Maria may have an advantage on this one). Anyway, in chapter 157, Hayate basically made it clear that, had he never ended up indebted to Nagi, he'd quite possibly have ended up with Ayumu. So, you could say she's in his "strike zone" too, but Hata probably didn't mention her, because she's not in the top 3 in the popularity polls, unlike Hina and Maria.

Quote:
Strongly disagree. You'd need a timeline and ALOT of time to capture all the nuances of her development, not only within herself, but also in her relationship with Hayate (even if you ignore all others, which ALSO got meaningful developments). Just a quick rundown:

o Timeline removed for the sake of space

This is just a very quick and rough rundown. There is no other character in the entire story which got REMOTELY as much meaningful development as her, which affected her relationships AND the way she viewed and was viewed by people at the same time. In that aspect, Hina is more of a main character than for example Maria, who only rarely has more than a situational 1-episode impact on the story, without lasting repercussions.
Yes, as I've already said, Hina has received much more character development than the other characters, but that alone doesn't mean her relationship with Hayate is more advanced than those of other characters. If you take into account your own timeline, she didn't' realise she was actually in love with Hayate until midpoint, and after that nothing much really happened. The biggest development after that was Hayate realised Hina doesn't hate her, but that's where the development became stagnant. After that, she hasn't really made much progress. Personally, that's why I'm expecting her to finally to drop the whole deal about expecting Hayate to confess to her, and finally confess her feelings for him on their date.

Quote:
If anything, the latest chapters should have given you a clue. Hata is actively dragging Hina into this storyline which did not naturally seem to have had anything to do with her at all, by establishing an important Hina-A-tan link. We'll see how it progresses.
Yes, but so far she's only been shown to have known Athena. That on itself doesn't tie Hina to the central plot. In fact, for what we saw on chapter 234, Hina could just have been used as a medium to show Athena hasn't actually forgotten about Hayate. With that I'm not intending to say Hata doesn't have more plans for Hina, but as of now, that's all there is to it.

Quote:
Well, we obviously can't know by now. But what you call a "side character" has been mopping up with all other contestants quite consistently, and her lead is growing. If you ask me, I know why
That's nothing odd actually, since Hina has many traits that are quite popular, and which are quite likeable, like being a tsundere (more on the lovey-dovey side) and a useful character. Not to mention she's a sword-master (which was what made me like her).

There's no rule that says side characters cannot beat main characters in terms of popularity.

P.S.: Hell, I hate writing long posts.
Old 2009-07-29, 12:20   Link #1719
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I kind of get the feeling that something terrible will happen to him in the end like getting sent to jail, like the series finale of Seinfeld. I really want the series to not end just to avoid whatever Hata has saved up for the poor bastard.
Kind of new to the discussion, so forgive the question, but has Hata said something to indicate the series is ending soon? Or is that just speculation?
Old 2009-07-29, 12:58   Link #1720
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Kind of new to the discussion, so forgive the question, but has Hata said something to indicate the series is ending soon? Or is that just speculation?
I think it's just a speculation.
Hata said he prepared 5 'ending spots' in the story so that he could finish the series anytime he wants. Looking at the popularity of the series, it won't end anytime soon.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen