AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-05, 10:27   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Glad to know people share my view of this. Indeed, I almost wondered if annoyance at the puritan morons overseas played a role in them deciding to animate this particular series.
Well, it's kind of a two-way street since we have an apparently all-female race out to drain everyone's libido and sense of eroticism, while the group of heroes is mostly made up of women, which either implies girls secretly have giant libido's or they needed more girls to get into erotic situations with Retto to power him up. Or both .
Old 2020-07-05, 11:43   Link #22
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, it's kind of a two-way street since we have an apparently all-female race out to drain everyone's libido and sense of eroticism, while the group of heroes is mostly made up of women, which either implies girls secretly have giant libido's or they needed more girls to get into erotic situations with Retto to power him up. Or both .
this is why that "womans" are "aliens" because they are female "outsiders" trying to "cancel" ero and even that it's not like "every outsider female" but we know a common group full of females and "males" which loves to cancel ero/ecchi animes because "they are "too sexist", misongeny and bla bla bla.
Old 2020-07-05, 12:53   Link #23
4th Dimension

I think it's simpler.

Insects are ruled by a Queen => female

also, it opens up the possibility for a "sexy insect" if they need such nonsense.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 13:41   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

That was my take too actually. Sort of figured common modern thought in fiction is Alien = Insects = Workers under a queen.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 15:06   Link #25
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

The show and comic would be even more interesting if Retto had a Yuuki Rito-level of clumsiness.
Old 2020-07-05, 16:04   Link #26
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Glad to know people share my view of this. Indeed, I almost wondered if annoyance at the puritan morons overseas played a role in them deciding to animate this particular series.
The anime seems to be gaining fans, Since the premiere of the first episode it has gaining thousands of followers in the twitter, at least yesterday it was 18,000 and today it is more than 19,000.

https://twitter.com/hxeros_anime
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-05, 17:23   Link #27
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
The anime seems to be gaining fans, Since the premiere of the first episode it has gaining thousands of followers in the twitter, at least yesterday it was 18,000 and today it is more than 19,000.

https://twitter.com/hxeros_anime
to be fair as soon it start to get more viewers and become more popular it also start to get "haters/trolls and others very well know stuffs, specially if the puritans and SJW start to notice the criticism of this series, i can see the possibility of feminists going crazy.
Old 2020-07-06, 07:17   Link #28
4th Dimension

Just tell them it's gender equal since the MC also has BWH measurements on his card... that's all that's needed. :P

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 12:10   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Uh-huh, yeah, the Eastern anime industry clearly has the strength and free time to make anime based off the reactions towards what some Westerners think.

Also, frankly, unless the author spends his day retweeting political stuff and deserves it, just because you are on the extreme opposite end doesn't make you less annoying bringing that political stuff into the anime. It's just another fanservice anime, done many times in the past.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 13:10   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Making fun of something that annoys doesn't put you on the "opposite end", nor does it make it legitimately political. It just means you're mocking idiots, not that you're trying to send a serious message. This isn't A Centaur's Life, it's not trying to show how horrible things would be if the "other side" got their way, it's just presenting silly monsters that bear a certain resemblance to certain morons and then killing them in an awesome yet funny and ironic way. Less a speech about political beliefs and more a middle finger thrown in passing.

And they are getting more annoying to them, with foreign markets growing to be bigger and bigger and foreign companies becoming more frequently involved in things themselves.
Old 2020-07-06, 13:52   Link #31
Blueknight78

Quote:
Making fun of something that annoys doesn't put you on the "opposite end", nor does it make it legitimately political. It just means you're mocking idiots, not that you're trying to send a serious message. This isn't A Centaur's Life, it's not trying to show how horrible things would be if the "other side" got their way, it's just presenting silly monsters that bear a certain resemblance to certain morons and then killing them in an awesome yet funny and ironic way. Less a speech about political beliefs and more a middle finger thrown in passing.

And they are getting more annoying to them, with foreign markets growing to be bigger and bigger and foreign companies becoming more frequently involved in things themselves.
i've created a thread about that in other section, about how anime/manga/games marketing is geting more interest from external sources like china and western and the good side which is increase the popularity and "money" to the studios but at another side how they also start to increase they "influence" over what can be "done" and what can't, well feel free to join if you want.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...wpost&t=155422
(i'm being a little crazy on that but is more to see others peoples opnions toward it)

But in general indeed we keep seeying over time specially nowadays with the "growing" of social network and social policies, specially now with the racism and bla bla bla, more and more pushing of policies in a lot of things, more and more we see the attack from "puritans" toward japan culture and anime growing even both govern and creators are start to worry about it.

to be fair so far the only "aspect clear getting the "end of stick" threatment is the game market which being heavy censored and banned in western and have some pushs to the censor also happens in japan, so far anime manga and LN are safes but the game market is the one really suffering here.

but i do agree which this anime is not to start a cultural war but "make fun" in the same way we have others animes making fun in a political aspect from one side we have for the other side, because it's just about "fun".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
The show and comic would be even more interesting if Retto had a Yuuki Rito-level of clumsiness.
i would say this anime really remembers a lot "to love ru series and ritto in this "side" the mc have the "perv lucky many times.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-07-06 at 14:32.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 16:05   Link #32
rladls2121

I haven't watched this yet but, seeing visuals and the people's comments here reminds me of Ore Twintail Ni Narimasu.

Makes me wonder if Retto's passion for something he truly loves is strong as Souji's love for Twintails.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-07, 17:05   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uh-huh, yeah, the Eastern anime industry clearly has the strength and free time to make anime based off the reactions towards what some Westerners think.

Also, frankly, unless the author spends his day retweeting political stuff and deserves it, just because you are on the extreme opposite end doesn't make you less annoying bringing that political stuff into the anime. It's just another fanservice anime, done many times in the past.
There is undeniably a certain level of social commentary to the story and there's actually a good blog post on RandomC about it. It's just that unsurprisingly, a Western audience has decided to interpret things in a Western-centric lens. You're better off just ignoring that sort of thing. It's not worth the time of day.

But ultimately at the end of the day, it's just an ecchi show. Nobody should be taking it too seriously. Alas if only the social commentary was a bit more biting like Shimoneta then I might have bothered with this anime, but ecchi shows aren't my thing so I'm passing on this one.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 02:01   Link #34
AnimeFan188

So it's basically "Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire" without a giant robot (so far)?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=15803
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 22:08   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
So it's basically "Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire" without a giant robot (so far)?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=15803
I'd say only in the fact that power comes from perversion/arousal. If I recall correctly the MC in Daimidaler was a raging, sometimes borderline predatory pervert and the aliens simply attacked. Here on the other hand all of the characters are mostly normal and the enemies are specifically trying to eliminate all erotic desires from the world as well as destroying or censoring anything that triggers such desires.

Also, a pity they decided to call the enemies "kiseishuu" in the Funimation translation. For starters, because it's not "kiseishuu" it's "kiseiCHUU". And also because leaving it untranslated gets in the way of the meaning. "Chuu" is just a way to say "bug", and "kisei" means regulation or prohibition. They're prohibition bugs, or, as the manga translation I've seen puts it, censor bugs.
Old 2020-07-08, 22:28   Link #36
LG-MAX 2.o

So, the uncensored or more flexible version came out in Japan, did anyone manage to watch it?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 00:30   Link #37
dark998

Looking forward to more Sora in episode 2, there is something about her that just "clicks" for me design-wise.

Spoiler:
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 10:30   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
So, the uncensored or more flexible version came out in Japan, did anyone manage to watch it?
Didn't watch it but it's apparently the same as the AT-X version, you get pantyshots but nipples are still censored. How ironic that an anime that criticizes censorship ends up being censored.
Old 2020-07-09, 10:33   Link #39
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Looks like they changed Sora's design a bit. In the manga she's on the flat side. Not to Momoka's level, but still definitely small, maybe half the size of those melons.
Old 2020-07-09, 18:11   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I checked out the first few chapters of the manga and nipples were censored too, but not later on. Is there a story reason for that or is it just that the magazine version is censored while the tankoubons are uncensored?

Tags
harem