Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-13, 22:23   Link #1
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Good action manga?

Ok, I've been reading Hunter x Hunter & Flame of Recca so far, but I'm getting kinda tired of the latter. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good action manga? I was thinking Saint Seiya, but wondered what you all thought. Please do not reccomend the following (for varying reasons):

Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
One Piece
Naruto
Busou Renkin
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dragonball
Hunter x Hunter (see above)
D.Grayman

Also, please only reccomend licensed manga that I can acquire physically, as I do not like reading manga on my computer. Thank you.
Old 2008-01-13, 23:49   Link #2
jedinat

Battle Angel Alita
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order
Variante
Ranma 1/2
Parasyte
Old 2008-01-14, 01:34   Link #3
tbl
Affably Evil

Black Cat is in much the same vein as the ones you listed.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-14, 01:52   Link #4
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has a manga, and if you're looking for action, IT SHALL NOT DISAPPOINT.

Wikipedia Info:
Quote:
The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann manga, illustrated by Kotaro Mori, started serialization in the Japanese shōnen magazine Dengeki Comic Gao! on April 27, 2007, published by MediaWorks. The first bound volume was released on September 27, 2007, containing the first five chapters, and is published under MediaWorks' Dengeki Comics label. The story of the manga follows the same plotline as the anime, however, there are several changes to the layout of events, and the addition of backstories that essentially fills in gaps from the anime, such as the relationship between Dayakka and Kiyoh.
Old 2008-01-14, 05:25   Link #5
itis

Samurai Deeper Kyo
Old 2008-01-14, 15:48   Link #6
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Ikkitousen/Battle Vixens - if you don't mind huge amounts of ecchiness then this an awesome action. The story is a retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Air Gear - again if you don't mind ecchiness then this as well is a nice action.
Eden - great action, great story, but a lot more mature then the stuff you've read.
Gantz - same as the above, it's got great action and a great story, but very mature.
Kurohime - can't really remember what this one's about but I know it's good.
20th Century Boys - awesome story, if you like mysteries you got to check this one out.
Claymore - currently most people's favorite action series.
Tenjou Tenge - another great action with crazy powerful characters, made by the same mangaka as Air Gear.
Threads Of Time
- pretty awesome action manwha about a Korean kid who is forced back in time during Ghengis Kahn's reign.
Vagabond - story about Miyamoto Mushashi and his quest to become the strongest swordsman in Japan.
Dangu - story about shaman warriors living in a time when humans try to exterminate their existence.

All of the of the aforementioned are licensed, but pretty broad in all genres except for action.
Old 2008-01-14, 15:59   Link #7
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Kekkaishi - The male protagonist cast barriers to "seal" away monsters. He gets stronger and stronger, but not to the extent where he gets insanely, illogically powerful.

Princess Resurrection - Vampire, WHO HATES VAMPIRE!?!?!?! Yes, this is a manga about vampires.

Rosario + Vampire - The title said it.

They have anime adaptations
Closed Thread