AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 17:37   Link #13921
Lummie

Seems only OM has the complete version of chapter 30, other manga sites are missing page 35.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:11   Link #13922
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm disappointed with the father...I expected him to be different. Granted the anime has skewed my image, but he looks really, really mean. I don't care for his name either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh you're right, I didn't see that.

I only assumed she was adopted because of the dialogue. It just sounded like she was an orphan that Issa happened to stumbled upon.

On another note does anyone else feel that the art style and the way the series is (gore and partial nudity) make it feel more like a seinen series rather than shonen?
She also doesn't look like the other sisters so I can see how you would think she was adopted.

This is definitely more of a seinen series now. It's past the light hearted shonen phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Seems only OM has the complete version of chapter 30, other manga sites are missing page 35.
MT has the complete version.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:20   Link #13923
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm disappointed with the father...I expected him to be different. Granted the anime has skewed my image, but he looks really, really mean. I don't care for his name either.
I remember reading somewhere on this thread that his name translated to "cup of tea." At least his name follows the family naming theme of a liquid consumable.

I actually like the father. He really gives off that "you know he's the bad guy the hero's going to have to defeat" kind of feeling. He looks and acts far more menacing than the Lestat wannabe in the anime. I expected him to treat his daughters like they were tools and symbols of his strength. I was also expecting him to treat Akasha as like he did as well - like some have mentioned, it doesn't look like Akasha and Issa's relationship is really that of husband and wife. Maybe it's how vampires act in a marriage but it doesn't look like a happy marriage, probably one out of convenience for political reasons or one to consolidate his power. So far, he treats Akasha like a maid or a nanny.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:24   Link #13924
Lummie

Quote:
MT has the complete version.
Ah, they changed it. It was 34 when I checked it earlier.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:37   Link #13925
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think Issa only mated with strong female vampires to produce powerful offsprings, I'm sure he could care less about love and such feelings. Akasha was probably forced to "marry" him.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:53   Link #13926
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I remember reading somewhere on this thread that his name translated to "cup of tea." At least his name follows the family naming theme of a liquid consumable.
Ah, okay. Good thing it follows the trend.

Quote:
I actually like the father. He really gives off that "you know he's the bad guy the hero's going to have to defeat" kind of feeling. He looks and acts far more menacing than the Lestat wannabe in the anime. I expected him to treat his daughters like they were tools and symbols of his strength. I was also expecting him to treat Akasha as like he did as well - like some have mentioned, it doesn't look like Akasha and Issa's relationship is really that of husband and wife. Maybe it's how vampires act in a marriage but it doesn't look like a happy marriage, probably one out of convenience for political reasons or one to consolidate his power. So far, he treats Akasha like a maid or a nanny.
I see what you're saying (funny expression, heh). It kind of sucks that Moka has such a villainous family though. She, and Kokoa, don't act like they grew up in such a household at all.

Are they even married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think Issa only mated with strong female vampires to produce powerful offsprings, I'm sure he could care less about love and such feelings. Akasha was probably forced to "marry" him.
I wonder if she cares for him though. It would be nice if there was some love invovled, but like Rice said, they are vampires.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:53   Link #13927
Xagzan

Quote:

She also doesn't look like the other sisters so I can see how you would think she was adopted.
Well none of the sisters really look alike. Kahlua's dark skinned for god's sake, so she must get that from her mother. And I only assumed, since she mentioned a relative in China, Issa got together with a Chinese vamp chick who had Akuha.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:04   Link #13928
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Are they even married?
We don't know. I guess we'll just have to assume that they are for the time being. Akasha is the only mother of Issa's daughters to be seen. Maybe we'll see the mothers of Kokoa and Kahlua show up later. So far, it seems like Akasha's the only one "at his side" right now.

You have to wonder where Kokoa and Kahlua's mothers are because it looks like Akasha is the acting mother-figure for those two.
Old 2010-05-10, 19:15   Link #13929
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I see what you're saying (funny expression, heh). It kind of sucks that Moka has such a villainous family though. She, and Kokoa, don't act like they grew up in such a household at all.
Well, I'm not sure about Kokoa, but Inner Moka was really arrogant and bad in the beginning-- definitely a monster who belonged to that family. It wasn't until Tsukune entered her life that she began to change. Heck, when he went ghoul, she was ready to kill him without shedding a single tear.
Old 2010-05-10, 19:20   Link #13930
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
It kind of sucks that Moka has such a villainous family though. She, and Kokoa, don't act like they grew up in such a household at all.
Wrong. Inner Moka was really cruel in the beginning and definitely looked like a part of this family. She started to change later but initially she definitely was part of them because of her mean character.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:39   Link #13931
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Well, I'm not sure about Kokoa, but Inner Moka was really arrogant and bad in the beginning-- definitely a monster who belonged to that family. It wasn't until Tsukune entered her life that she began to change. Heck, when he went ghoul, she was ready to kill him without shedding a single tear.
I beg to differ with you there, she was about to kill him yes but with a lot of regret she even commented to herself that if she could she would keep him as he was (a ghoul) just so that they could still be together. Inner Moka was already started to fall for Tsukune by that time.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:44   Link #13932
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't know about not shedding a tear.

Ura-chan was very hesitant about doing it. Kurumu even called her out on it: I see your hands shaking.

There's even a panel right before the Chairman and Ruby shows up, there's that something that resembles a tear running down her cheek: here.

It might be a tear, sweat or water. I assumed it was a tear or two since Ikeda-sensei draws round tears.
Old 2010-05-10, 20:10   Link #13933
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Wrong. Inner Moka was really cruel in the beginning and definitely looked like a part of this family. She started to change later but initially she definitely was part of them because of her mean character.
Wrong? You speak with such tact, as always. Inner Moka, even in the beginning, never showed hatred towards Tsukune. Also, she was relentless with her opponents, but only used the necessary strength to defeat them instead of pulverizing them to dust. One could debate that her feelings for Tsukune started once Outer Moka met her on some level of consciousness, but she still was not as mean as her family is. However, I think this is due to the limitation of the story itself, Ikeda may not have decided what her family would be like so early in the manga.
Old 2010-05-10, 20:18   Link #13934
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Wrong? You speak with such tact, as always.
Awww, thats part of my charm.

Quote:
Inner Moka, even in the beginning, never showed hatred towards Tsukune. Also, she was relentless with her opponents, but only used the necessary strength to defeat them instead of pulverizing them to dust. One could debate that her feelings for Tsukune started once Outer Moka met her on some level of consciousness, but she still was not as mean as her family is. However, I think this is due to the limitation of the story itself, Ikeda may not have decided what her family would be like so early in the manga.
That's not what I have seen. She was really mean to him at the beginning and only reason she didn't try to get rid of him was that he pose no threat. Either way her initial arrogance and being mean does indeed suit the family.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 20:42   Link #13935
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
That's not what I have seen. She was really mean to him at the beginning and only reason she didn't try to get rid of him was that he pose no threat. Either way her initial arrogance and being mean does indeed suit the family.
I don't remember seeing anything that showed Moka being mean to Tsukune. Sure, she slapped him once but that was because he didn't consider her feelings when he joined the swim club. if you could point some of those instances where she was mean to him, that would help.

I think Chapter 40 of S1 spells out how she really felt about him: she smiled, blushed, and sighed when she told him "I don't feel anything for you." Thing about this chapter was that it was supposed to have occurred really early into the story line. If she was mean to him, she wouldn't react like that.

Personally, I think Ura-chan liked him from the very start.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-05-10 at 20:58.
Old 2010-05-10, 22:41   Link #13936
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

After reading chapter 30, I only have 2 words for Akuha...

Flawless Victory.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 23:01   Link #13937
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
... 2 words for Akuha...

Flawless Victory.
So true, so true. XD

And if Daddy Issa married Akasha as a prize bride, one has to wonder how strong 'he' is to gain enough favor with the Euro Vampire clans to allow his marriage to Akasha. The fact that the two of them produced a silver-haired, red-eyed vampire child does speak volumes for her lineage.

And it has been established that Moka is a tsundere so her being 'mean' is really doesn't sum it up. Yes, she will hit Tsukune if she's embarrassed but just getting to that point is a trip to hell and back so taking a hit is nothing.
Old 2010-05-10, 23:28   Link #13938
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I don't remember seeing anything that showed Moka being mean to Tsukune. Sure, she slapped him once but that was because he didn't consider her feelings when he joined the swim club. if you could point some of those instances where she was mean to him, that would help.

I think Chapter 40 of S1 spells out how she really felt about him: she smiled, blushed, and sighed when she told him "I don't feel anything for you." Thing about this chapter was that it was supposed to have occurred really early into the story line. If she was mean to him, she wouldn't react like that.

Personally, I think Ura-chan liked him from the very start.
I have to agree with FriedRice on this topic, since I don't see Moka being mean foreword Tsukune at all, to me it seemed more like she was being cold to him,and wasn't as open to her surroundings as she is now. It seems that it might be partially due to the fact that Tsukune was a human, since you can obviously see that she became a little more open foreword Tsukune, after he got injected with her vampire blood as well as starting to get stronger himself.

Personally I think the actions of the young Moka in the memory, when she went to look for Tsukune in chapter 30, might be a leak of her true feelings for Tsukune. I mean, even when she didn't know who Tsukune was, she couldn't get him out of her head. To me it's obviously suggesting that Inner Moka might be just as attracted foreword Tsukune as her Outer self, and that attraction might have started from the time she met Tsukune, through her Outer personality.

The difference between both Moka's feelings for Tsukune, is that Inner Moka, due to her harsh upbringing needed more time to get used to the idea of having feelings for Tsukune, then her Outer personality.

Going back to chapter 30. I kind of wonder what kind of childhood Akuha had, for her to display such attitude as well as her not displaying any discomfort after killing someone - I mean for Akuha to develop such a attitude her childhood must have been a lot darker then what Moka, Kahula and Kokoa went through. Well it's obvious that she's a vampire so killing is probably something natural for them, but as we can see from Moka, Kokoa and even partially Kahula, even a vampire's have emotions and are still displaying feelings, while when I saw Akuha fight in chapter 30, I couldn't shake the feeling that for Akuha, killing was something as natural as breathing, and it makes me shudder to think what she had to live through as a child, to become like that.

Another thing that I noticed is that, it might be possible that Inner Moka's arrogance and pride, actually came from Akuha herself, since the attitude Akuha had, after "defeating" her opponents is to me, similar to how Inner Moka act's when she is fighting with someone, meaning that it might be something that she developed after she had met Akuha, and while her memories of that event are still sealed, it's probably something that became instinctive for Inner Moka to do.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-11 at 00:02.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 00:24   Link #13939
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

First Akuha/Aqua fan art.

Old 2010-05-11, 01:14   Link #13940
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
does anyone else feel that the art style and the way the series is (gore and partial nudity) make it feel more like a seinen series rather than shonen?
Yeah, the art got heavier along with the plot, tastes like development
I'm surprised the father's name wasn't starbucks or...Colombian? His character looks awful, pitting his daughters against each other in a battle to death the first day they meet...well, that and the underworld business, gotta wonder what Akasha found in him:P
I liked this chapter very much, because I couldn't discern which of the two events was more important: Tsukune&co finding out about Moka's past, or the others getting on the defence. Most confusing was the part where Issa asked them to stop. Neither had started getting serious, and yet he said he knew by then how strong they truly were. Doesn't look like someone who would underestimate their opponent...gotta wonder how he handles his own fights!
Quote:
I kind of wonder what kind of childhood Akuha had
Part of me wants her to be evil by nature, R+V doesn't have many pure evil characters.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire