AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 17:11   Link #921
nakiatala

ok...i've been looking around. I didn't want to keep posting every question if I could find the answer on my own. Alas... such luck. My question involves the use of the vertical lines for kanji.

{\pos(630,218)\fn@DFPGothic-EB\frz-90\t($mid,!$end+200!,\alpha&HFF&)}{\k521}Stay here 夏の光が

this is what i'm using. The kanji got rotated and look great. The only thing that did not get rotated is the stay here. It still looks like the first "Sign Text" at this link http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Us...ncluded_macros

what am I doing wrong?
nakiatala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:14   Link #922
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Like I mentioned, the English characters usually aren't flipped when you use @. And like that page says, it's because the glyphs for them aren't fullwidth. To get it to work right, select the lines that include English characters, open the Automation menu, and select Make fullwidth.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 00:38   Link #923
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desbreko View Post
Like I mentioned, the English characters usually aren't flipped when you use @. And like that page says, it's because the glyphs for them aren't fullwidth. To get it to work right, select the lines that include English characters, open the Automation menu, and select Make fullwidth.
that is totally unnecessary and just doesn't need to be done with @ fonts. Since the English remains unrotated, it can then be read sideways when the whole line is rotated. That is the best way to display it for reading in that type of situation. Stacking English vertically like this

i
s

h
a
r
d

t
o

r
e
a
d

Much harder than just leaving it side turned. And will also cause the lines to not fit in one single line on screen at a size that can even be read in almost all causes where there is English in a song.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:15   Link #924
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Uh, okay? I was just explaining how to get the English characters flipped because he was asking. Myself, I don't even include kanji in the subs I make because I think it's pointless when hardly anyone can read it.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:01   Link #925
jofori89

Send a message via MSN to jofori89 Send a message via Yahoo to jofori89
How to can i math to returns negative number then positive number then negative number again, something like -2, 2, -2, 2, -2... !math.random(0, 1)*2-1! not working in here.
Gome my bad english
jofori89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:54   Link #926
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
I think randomizing it won't be the way to go. Probably an if-then-else loop?

Just curious. What effect are you trying to achieve? If you want some kind of shaking, there's a karaoke template called "Tremors" already posted on the Aegisub forums.
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 09:39   Link #927
jfs
Aegisub dev

(syl.i%2)*2-1

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 09:40   Link #928
jofori89

Send a message via MSN to jofori89 Send a message via Yahoo to jofori89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
I think randomizing it won't be the way to go. Probably an if-then-else loop?

Just curious. What effect are you trying to achieve? If you want some kind of shaking, there's a karaoke template called "Tremors" already posted on the Aegisub forums.
Uhm, i want something like move($scenter, $smiddle, $scenter, !$smiddle+15!) then move($scenter, $smiddle, $scenter, !$smiddle-15!) for next syllble, move($scenter, $smiddle, $scenter, !$smiddle+15!) agian...
{\k}a{\k}b{\k}c{\k}d{\k}e
Result:
--a----c----e

----b----d

---

Oop, thank jfs so so so much! Oh, it's very simple, just replace math.random(0, 1) by $si%2 (syl.i%2)

Last edited by jofori89; 2009-10-18 at 09:55.
jofori89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 09:15   Link #929
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
that is totally unnecessary and just doesn't need to be done with @ fonts. Since the English remains unrotated, it can then be read sideways when the whole line is rotated. That is the best way to display it for reading in that type of situation. Stacking English vertically like this
Much harder than just leaving it side turned. And will also cause the lines to not fit in one single line on screen at a size that can even be read in almost all causes where there is English in a song.
Actually, making them ALLCAPS and compressing the spaces between the characters will make them easier to read. In After-Effects, there's a text option called "Tsume", which automatically adjusts the spacing between the characters based on their glyph sizes, so it won't affect the spaces [" "] (think: \fsp that also squeezes the spaces), and it's one way to make fixed fonts into proportional fonts in AE in addition to making well-spaced out letters in vertical text --- something that lacks in Aegisub. See the following comparisons.

I
S

H
A
R
D

T
O

R
E
A
D

i
s

h
a
r
d

t
o

r
e
a
d
is
hard
to
read

The second case would have been the most legible in the possible placement. The last case usually don't work in karaoke. (but it's a great alternative for vertical typesetting)
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 05:00   Link #930
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
Actually, making them ALLCAPS and compressing the spaces between the characters will make them easier to read. In After-Effects, there's a text option called "Tsume", which automatically adjusts the spacing between the characters based on their glyph sizes, so it won't affect the spaces [" "] (think: \fsp that also squeezes the spaces), and it's one way to make fixed fonts into proportional fonts in AE in addition to making well-spaced out letters in vertical text --- something that lacks in Aegisub. See the following comparisons.

I
S

H
A
R
D

T
O

R
E
A
D

i
s

h
a
r
d

t
o

r
e
a
d
is
hard
to
read

The second case would have been the most legible in the possible placement. The last case usually don't work in karaoke. (but it's a great alternative for vertical typesetting)
The third from the left is the easiest to read. Even if it wouldn't seem like it, it just is. Our minds can process that faster than any other way as it is just at an angle, but the letters still have the same relation to each other and shape the words the same way.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:16   Link #931
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
The third from the left is the easiest to read. Even if it wouldn't seem like it, it just is. Our minds can process that faster than any other way as it is just at an angle, but the letters still have the same relation to each other and shape the words the same way.
Yes, your mind will be deceived by optical illusion. Think of a circle in a big circle compared to a smaller circle in the same circle. Your mind will think that the circle in the big circle will be smaller than the other one, even though they're the same size.

The same concept can apply when you place your letters vertically. If you can read Kanji like myself and read vertical kanji + sideway english, you'll read the Kanji rightside-up but English sideway in a awkward position. Your mind will lead you to rethink how to read this. However, if you read the English letters placed in the same way as kanji vertically, your mind will just go with the flow. Get it?
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 17:24   Link #932
D404
Banned

Quote:
Personally I find the 2nd from the left easiest.
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 15:06   Link #933
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Quote:
Originally Posted by D404 View Post
Personally I find the 2nd from the left easiest.
Me too ^^

PS : Know this is a totally useless reply but the shortest are the best ones xD
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:07   Link #934
PhantomProductions

Asking Expert Karaoke...ers...

Okay, there's probably a thread for this question but I'm impatient and currently frustrated. So I'm asking her and now so I can get answers. Could one of the more experienced Karaokers who use AFX please give me a tutorial step by step, with explicit instructions? I'm a beginner so I'd like someone to give as detailed a procedure as possible. Also, please outline any settings your AFX has currently. If you could make a vid for me to download that would be awesome. I look forward to any advice you can give; and again, BE DETAILED!!!
PhantomProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:46   Link #935
K!R4
Freelance

if youre an impatient person, you should not learn afx.... because experienced afx kara makers took alot of time learning afx. i bet most of afx users in here have used the net to search for tutorials of afx and learned all of them by themselves. if youre asking for anyone to teach you step by step how to use afx and make kara, good luck finding one. anyway, if you really want to learn afx, just google it and start scratching the surface of the afx. and then after youve become comfortable to what you can do in afx, try pichu's script to ease and minimize workload doin karaoke afx. ive the same views in regard to aegisub when makin karaoke... you need to know first how aegisub works and some lua language to get a good feel makin karas. its like learning bmx or skateboard, you cant just say to yourself "fck i wanna do that sick trick" wo learning how to ride one.

Last edited by K!R4; 2009-11-09 at 01:17.
K!R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 08:05   Link #936
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

hey i'm not sure if this has been asked or not but how do i do an echo effect? like you will see the whole word then one part will echo? i'm thinking it might have to do with 2 or more layers and clipping i just cant seeam to figure out how?
nekobouya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 08:07   Link #937
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Post a picture...I don't get the effect... >.<
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 11:36   Link #938
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

i can't seem to find an example of what i want to do but i did up load the clip i'm talking about maybe if you hear it you can "see" what i mean? sound clip
Old 2009-11-09, 12:15   Link #939
jfs
Aegisub dev

If you're using Aegisub, you can use multi-highlight for that:

{\k23}get {\k22}a{\k53}way{\k48}#{\k51}#{\k49}#{\k51}#{\k48} #{\k41}#

The karaskel code interprets a syllable that has just # as its text as "repeat extend the previous one with another highlight", meaning that the "way" syllable is taken as lasting 341 centiseconds consisting of 7 highlights lasting about 50 centiseconds each.
If you use kara-templater you can then use the multi modifier to make your template apply once per highlight instead of once per syllable.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 14:14   Link #940
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

@jfs
thanks that's exactly what i was looking for except the #'s show up as text >_< here is the code can you tell me what i did wrong?

Dialogue: 0,0:03:03.48,0:03:10.08,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{ \k37}Ge{\k25}ta{\k42}way{\k58}#{\k50}#{\k49}#{\k51 }#{\k47}#{\k51}#

*edit* here is my Aegisub version and r
Aegisub 2.1.7 (built from SVN revision 3131). */edit*

Last edited by nekobouya; 2009-11-09 at 14:16. Reason: added Aegisub info

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software