AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-03-13, 03:54   Link #281
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm curious. What was the real reason for the infiltration on the submarine?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 04:02   Link #282
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'm curious. What was the real reason for the infiltration on the submarine?
Omni's briefly touched on this in his Ep03 summary.

Random Curiosity: FMP! TSR - Ep03

I will also add that Gates is an anime original as well, but one that does not affect the continuity of the novels, which is no mean feat, considering his impact in TSR.

ADD] As you read the rest of Omni's entries on FMP!, you will see his footnotes on how KyoAni gradually steer the plotline of FMP! back to the novels' actual continuity. KyoAni rescued the FMP! story so to speak.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-13, 08:39   Link #283
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
any news from Gonzo ?

as a card carrying Gonzo fanboi I don't really mind a Gonzo FMP! tbh, it is better than nothing (also Last Exile is my first gonzo series ever as well as my first anime series) >.<
It's unlikely Gonzo will do it again. Seeing as Shoji Gatoh much preferred Kyoani's version, he'll stick with them.

*Off topic* Wow. I never realised he did the script for episode 11 of SHnY. */off topic*
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 23:37   Link #284
velvet nightmare

a small ova would be nice though

something to let us know the series isnt completely dead in the water as it appears right now
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 13:50   Link #285
Maxon
Demon Hunter

I'm quite satisfied with the OVA from last year. I am quite anxious for more FMP, but I can easily last for at least another 18 months without anything.
Old 2007-03-14, 13:53   Link #286
TigerII
Pilot in Training

You mean from two years ago?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 13:58   Link #287
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

heh? the last FMP animation was the TSR OVA "Wari to Hima na Sentaichou no Ichinichi", released in may 2006.
it isn't really that old
Old 2007-03-14, 14:00   Link #288
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Oi, thought that came out in 05. My bad.
Old 2007-03-14, 14:43   Link #289
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
You mean from two years ago?
No. It aired in May 2006. It's not even been a year.

Oh, didn't see Klaskikari's post. >_<
Old 2007-03-14, 17:00   Link #290
pachogamez
meh

no surprise that the guys that are more anxiously demanding more anime series and ova's are registered in Feb 07
pachogamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:51   Link #291
MeggieMay

No, it's not a surprise seeing Funimation and Kadakowa USA managed to raise the awareness of FMP by getting FMP: TSR into more mainstream Brick and Mortar stores than ADV Films ever seem to manage to do. IMO the only thing that is keeping FMP from really exploding into the mainstream in the U.S. at this point is the lack of it not having ever airing on a Cable Basic TV network.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 22:09   Link #292
pachogamez
meh

but yet they keep airing FMP Fumoffu here in Mexico dubbed to spanish, lol
Old 2007-03-15, 06:03   Link #293
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachogamez View Post
but yet they keep airing FMP Fumoffu here in Mexico dubbed to spanish, lol
What channel does it air on in Mexico, anyway? Is it a terrestrial broadcast channel (i.e. you can watch it by just having a TV and a antenna) or cable/satallite (I'm not that familiar with how TV works in Mexico)? Also, is the Spanish dub you are getting any good? I've heard Spanish dubs can range from great (DBZ and Saint Saiya) to really bad (like the Fullmetal Alchemist dub I heard heard a sound clip from (Al sounded like a robot)). BTW, I'm not sure what version of the Spanish subs Mexico gets or if there is even a choice. I do know that read that many Anime get two Spanish dubs, one for the American markets and one for the European market but whether that information was true or not I don't know (or if it is true if they may let let each Spanish speaking market pick which dub they want or not).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 09:38   Link #294
pachogamez
meh

it's in a sat channel, not terrentrial broadcast or cable. The channel is called Animax, and is all over LatinAmerica
The dub is strangely kinda good. Made with Latin spanish, teh voices are good, and even Kaname's voice is a little neurotical in the needed parts, which adds more to the fun
Old 2007-03-15, 19:23   Link #295
Sentynal

Quick question about the next series:

Does anyone actually want another season if it's the same old, chidori gets captured or seperated from souske.
Mr.Military goes, blah blah blah. Then come back, and Sargara hasn't changed one bit, still blowing up lockers, and storing RPGs, RLs, MGs, AKs, HEs, Frags, Flash Grenades in WHO KNOWS WHERE?! Make us think he changed for 3 minutes...

Personally Id rather have another Fumoffu but i want to hear what others think. Its not that I dont like the series, it's just... ummm... let's put it this way... How about for once, kill somebody like Mr.Testerossa by using an EMP and dropping a giant nuclear warhead from 50kms away. Or at least use the EMP and drop his AS in lava and watch him burn to death as he has no possible way to get out.
Sentynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 19:42   Link #296
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Any series from this point(If they follow the novels) will get pretty serious. If you notice by the end of TSR Souske actually realizes he has feeling for her(That is a huge step) and that what he does is over the top(The weapons and such).

I think any from this point on(Minus a few moments) will be pretty dramatic.
Old 2007-03-16, 01:18   Link #297
Suchi

I hope that they´ll keep some fun parts, since that was what made FMP to FMP...and Sousukes aresnal is hilarious ^^
Suchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 07:06   Link #298
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentynal View Post
Quick question about the next series:

Does anyone actually want another season if it's the same old, chidori gets captured or seperated from souske.
Mr.Military goes, blah blah blah. Then come back, and Sargara hasn't changed one bit, still blowing up lockers, and storing RPGs, RLs, MGs, AKs, HEs, Frags, Flash Grenades in WHO KNOWS WHERE?! Make us think he changed for 3 minutes...

Personally Id rather have another Fumoffu but i want to hear what others think. Its not that I dont like the series, it's just... ummm... let's put it this way... How about for once, kill somebody like Mr.Testerossa by using an EMP and dropping a giant nuclear warhead from 50kms away. Or at least use the EMP and drop his AS in lava and watch him burn to death as he has no possible way to get out.
You don't want Sousuke doing the same old crap but you want another Fumoffu? That doesn't make sense. Contradiction FTL.

Fumoffu was all about Sousuke doing OTT stuff! Sheesh.

No it won't be the same. There's a lot of character development in TSR. I suggest you rewatch it.
Old 2007-03-16, 10:00   Link #299
velvet nightmare

honestly the next series is going to be different

because the next enemy is actually superior to souske in a sense

its an enemy he cant beat with skills alone

Mithril doesn't want to kill leonard along with a few million civilians

even if you do EMP him, you also EMP all your gear as well as civilian stuff in the area and they cant do that

you need to re watch the parts on mithril, they're not that kind of rampaging organization. that would be amalgam
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 21:44   Link #300
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
i love the way you say "the next series is going to be different" it makes me happy, like that there is going to be more to watch. because i honestly dont like to read,
pothead21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!