Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-08, 06:07   Link #21
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkuatic View Post
Yuuto pales in comparison to Tomoya,Yuuichi, and kyon.
I agree when comparing him to those characters, but there are so very few 'good' male characters in romance animes.

Also Kyon is not so good in respect to romance, he's the sort of "She's Not My Girlfriend" type of guy. He still is my favourite protagonist of all time though.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-10-08, 12:33   Link #22
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
school days would be the obvious choice.
<.< school days is not an obvious choice...you know cause its not very romantic...after awhile.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-08, 15:24   Link #23
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

I second school days the man lead acts like a actual guy he doesn't nose bleed or anything he goes FOR THE GOAL
Old 2008-10-08, 16:13   Link #24
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetsuchi View Post
I second school days the man lead acts like a actual guy he doesn't nose bleed or anything he goes FOR THE GOAL
However that is exactly what the OP doesn't want. With all he does he doesn't exactly have a very high/good set of moral values, and that is Anime Daisuki wants, or at least the way that is how and I others are reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Daisuki View Post
Frankly, I'm getting sick of the spineless, indecisive, nose bleeding, weak, geeky, and otherwise useless male characters in romance animes. I'm looking for a romance anime with male characters such as Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi, Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad, and Yuuchi from Kanon. Those would be the model male leads but I understand that they're hard to find so as long as he isn't any of the above, I'll accept it.
Maybe it's just that I have a higher set of moral values, but as I said before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
Spoiler for Reasons/School Day Story Spoilers:
I'd hope that most people would take 1 and 2 there as proof enough that the main char doesn't really have a good set of values and that those fit him decently enough to say he could, at the very least partially depending on who is viewing it, fall into some of those categories... which means the OP doesn't want to see it (at least in this suggestion thread)

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-10-08, 17:39   Link #25
Anime Daisuki

Well, it's not so much morals it's just the male character is someone you can actually enjoy watching. I don't want someone who's a complete pussy that's afraid to look at panties. For example, Kyon actually wished he had pretended to sleep so he could see Asahina undress. Someone who's indecisive like the lead in KgNe didn't go for who he actually wanted towards the end, he just settled with who he had left, or least that's how I interpretted it. Tomoya knew from the get-go that Nagisa was the one he wanted. I don't mind if they go out with more than one girl as long as they know what they want and they're not like "Oh but I owe it to her to stay with her etc. etc." Nosebleeding, weak, geeky... is pretty self explanatory.
Old 2008-10-08, 18:15   Link #26
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Trust me, I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you can enjoy School Days. Makoto in School Days is not only indecisive, it makes ALL those male leads you don't want to see look like saints who know what they want (or don't want). I'm trying to forget I ever saw it. Makoto IS indecisive, just of a different type than the rest, and frankly, I prefer the others a hundred times. To even compare him to Tomoya or Yuuchi is sacrilege.

Seconding AIR, Futakoi Alternative, ef ~ a tale of memories (only partly, one guy is ok, the other... well, not THAT ok). You COULD try Kimikiss ~Pure Rouge, it's mainly a romance anime with multiple couples, at least some of the males in there pretty much know what they want. I can only think of one real exception. Two of the other males are pretty decent, and the last one doesn't get involved in a romance but he's still decent. I'd be so bold as to actually suggest Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora. Well, it's not a pure romance anime, starts with your typical-bishoujo/bishounen encounter, but gets pretty serious, but you can hardly call the males in there wimps. There's only one guyxgirl romance issue(actually after a point it's the only thing that keeps the plot moving), but it's very essential to the plot, so I thought it might suit you. And despite initial appearances (glasses and all), I wouldn't call Kyoshiro geeky
Old 2008-10-08, 18:21   Link #27
Oxtail

School Days is not a romance anime...

It's one of the LEAST romantic animes I've ever watched, actually.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:15   Link #28
Shadow Kira01

Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de
Kin'iro no Chord
Neo Angelique Abyss
Nodame Cantabile

I haven't watched any of these, but I believe it fits the genre.
Old 2008-10-09, 02:00   Link #29
Arkuatic

School days is a pretty decent romance anime....for the first 3 episodes then it goes down hill from there
Old 2008-10-09, 04:17   Link #30
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

There is a whole subsection on theses forums for School Days, just so you people know.
Now, as for my recommendation... well, since reading the OP latest post, I'm kinda having trouble with recommending something, as I totally disagree with his take on the protagonist of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. He stayed with the girl he loved and said goodbye to the illusion and to his regrets. That's it. IMHO, of course. But I'm well aware that, if we want to continue this discussion, there's also another sub-forum for it.

Then again, I can always second (again) AIR and ef ~ a tale of memories. They could fit your criteria, even if only partially, I guess.

Old 2008-10-09, 07:35   Link #31
Anime Daisuki

Well, it's more like he didn't know what he wanted. When she woke up, he was kind of shifting back and forth. Towards the end, he almost lost both of them.
Old 2008-10-09, 22:36   Link #32
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

true tears, very good and mature main character, too bad he chose someone that i dont like, o well .
Old 2008-10-10, 15:59   Link #33
MamoruUsagi

These manga have couples that are dating and in mature sexual relationships.

Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Happy Hustle High
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Fushigi Yugi
Kare Kano
Wild Act
Ultra Cute
Paradise Kiss
Marmalade Boy
Sailor Moon
High School Debut
We Were There
Akuma De Sourou
Ultra Maniac
Land of the Blindfolded
Missile Happy!
Black Bird
B.O.D.Y.
Ceres Celestial Legend

These series have couples dating and in relationships and having sex.

Wild Act, High School Debut, Mars, Kare First Love, The Devil Does Exist, Bokura ga Ita, Fushigi Yugi, Happy Hustle High, Ceres Celestial Legend, Paradise Kiss, Akuma De Sourou, Ultra Cute Kare Kano, Fushigi Yuugi, Sailor Moon, Peach Girl, Black Bird

Fushigi Yuugi manga is much longer and better than the show, the couple is engaged for a much longer time, in a much deeper relationship and have a much more intimate, passionate sex scene in the manga.

Ceres Celestial Legend manga has the couple making out and having sex a lot, there is lots of kissing in bed and sex in the manga, the show cuts it out. It's clear in the manga that the couple gets a kid and the main character gets pregnant by having lots of sex, the show cuts out all the sex and lots of the kissing in bed, so the pregnancy in the manga is realistic.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance manga series. The couple is dating and in a mature relationship.

Mars is a very realistic manga series, the couple is dating and in a mature, realistic sexual relationship, engaged, dating and living together.

Kare First Love is a manga series where the couple is dating and having sex and in a relationship.

Happy Hustle High the couple is dating the entire manga without breaking up.

Wild Act is an amazing romance manga, the couple are dating and in a committed relationship.

Missile Happy! is a sweet romance manga with the couple dating and in a relationship.

High School Debut is a sweet romance manga where the couple is dating and in a committed relationship.

Peach Girl manga is more mature than the show, in the show all the references to sex and mature themes are changed.

Sailor Moon is a romance manga where the couple get married and have a great relationship.

Kare Kano is a classic romance.

Bokura ga Ita is an amazing romance manga.

Ultra Cute has a couple dating and in a relationship.

Akuma De Sourou is an excellent, realistic romance.

Paradise Kiss is great.

Land of the Blindfolded is a sweet romance.

Fushigi Yuugi is an amazing, classic, romantic romance manga.

The male character is the boyfriend/husband in the series.

The guy is always cool in series where the guy is the boyfriend/husband n the series.

The Devil Does Exist is a very realistic manga series and is great.

High School Debut is a very cool manga.

Mars is a very realistic manga, the couple is in a deep, passionate, sexual, realistic relationship.

Kare First Love is a realistic manga, the couple is in a mature relationship.

Wild Act is a great romance manga where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend, having sex, dating and in a committed relationship.

Paradise Kiss is great.

Happy Hustle High is great. The couple is dating and in a relationship the entire series.

Fushigi Yugi the manga is amazing. The couple is engaged and in a mature, passionate relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend the manga only. Lots of making out and sex.

Bokura ga Ita is excellent.

Missile Happy! has a couple in a relationship.

Absolute Boyfriend sweet romance manga.

Peach Girl the manga only.

Akuma De Sourou Amazing romance manga.

Kare Kano The couple is dating and in a mature relationship.

Ultra Cute Sweet romance manga.

Land of the Blindfolded Sweet romance manga.

Sailor Moon Classic, epic romance manga.

Bokura ga Ita
Kare First Love
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
Wild Act
Happy Hustle High
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Fushigi Yugi
Kare Kano
Ultra Cute
The Devil Does Exist
Paradise Kiss
Marmalade Boy
Sailor Moon
High School Debut
Missile Happy!
Black Bird
We Were There
Akuma De Sourou
B.O.D.Y.
Ultra Maniac
His and Her Circumstances
Ceres Celestial Legend

Couples in mature sexual relationships.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-12-01 at 16:17.
Old 2008-10-10, 18:27   Link #34
tbl
Affably Evil

Yuiichi is quite possibly based on Hiroyuki from To Heart.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2010-11-27, 23:09   Link #35
Ozzy o

i would recommend hayate no gotoku
asura cryin
asu no yoichi

[B]golden boy[/B
] is a romance anime but not sure, give it a try its great and the main character is just too good he soo funny and hes probably the best character (in terms of the description), to a point where every girl who meets him wants him at the end of the episode.

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
give shakugun no shana a try great anime the lead starts of as a weakling but he eventually gains some balls as well as some nice powers
oooo and one of my personal favs demon king diamao great male lead comparable to tomoya
ladies vs butlers
kekkaishi
aishiteruze baby great male lead
marmalade boy
kaicho wa maid-sama
otome yokai zakuro i think agemaki's a great lead he can be tough when push comes to shove
thats all i think enjoy
Old 2010-11-28, 15:42   Link #36
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Usui from Kaicho wa maid-sama is the complete opposite of those annoying traits you listed and is quite the Superman: He is exceptional at everything he does, extremely intelligent, athletic, very flirty and forward with Misaki and takes advantage of any opening to spend time with her.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:10   Link #37
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
CAN'T BELIEVE NOBODY MENTIONED ANGEL BEATS!!

Seriously people!! Otonashi's an AMAZING GUY!!

Of course, Key's male protagonist=always complete win.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:22   Link #38
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
CAN'T BELIEVE NOBODY MENTIONED ANGEL BEATS!!
Probably because the thread has been dead since 2008 until Ozzy-o necro'd it.
Old 2010-11-29, 06:23   Link #39
Crazy Aido
Spastic Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I agree when comparing him to those characters, but there are so very few 'good' male characters in romance animes.

Also Kyon is not so good in respect to romance, he's the sort of "She's Not My Girlfriend" type of guy. He still is my favourite protagonist of all time though.
I disagree and agree with this statement, as well as apologising for vamping a post.

Kyon does not want to be Haruhi's man. We kinda see that decision very early on. But it also becomes apparent that he knows... something... about how she feels about him. So he starts off with putting up with her, then that grows into something like affection. Your never really sure, but that's the beauty part of it.

Also, he is god damn hilarious, which is why he and Tomoya are in my top fav.
Old 2010-11-29, 13:33   Link #40
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Probably because the thread has been dead since 2008 until Ozzy-o necro'd it.
Oops, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Aido
Kyon does not want to be Haruhi's man.
And yet.........he falls to pieces when she's not around....which I enjoy seeing.