AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 09:53   Link #121
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurRosseau View Post
It's not out yet, ducky. We're speculating.
wtf
I thought it were out already be the art you're talking haha xD
Old 2009-04-01, 09:54   Link #122
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
[B]
As odd as it sounds to you would be theoretical physicists, and contrary to Einsteins famous equation, more youki is sensible and present when an awakened being is in their awakened form. Riful can suppress hers, but she is much better at suppressing when she is in her smaller human state because she is not releasing youki in her awakened form as seen when she met Audrey and Rachel. The youki release naturally appears to be linear like, oh I dunno, the scale of 0-100% that Yagi gave us for youki release. The youki is not traded for physical matter. Releasing more youki has the side effect of changing a claymores physical body.
It doesn't seem odd at all, nor contradict Einsteins equation on energy to mass conversion. A bigger body would require more energy to maintain, which means that they are using more energy, so there is more energy being wasted and bleed off into the environment. In fact, as someone else pointed out yesterday, it explains why awakened beings return to their human form if they lose too much energy, because the awakened form becomes unmaintainable.
Old 2009-04-01, 09:54   Link #123
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Hmm...I think the AB forms are definitely heavier than their human forms. Even more if yoki does contribute to their weight.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-01, 09:59   Link #124
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
wtf
I thought it were out already be the art you're talking haha xD
Usually by today, we would have a spoiler -- which we do, a bad one -- and we tend to discuss the spoilers.

It used to be:

2 Fake Spoilers + 1 Real Spoiler --> Discussion --> Chinese Scans --> Discussion --> Japanese Scans --> Discussion --> English Translation --> Discussion.

It isn't that predictable anymore. Sometimes the Chinese scans come out before the spoiler or even the Japanese original before the Chinese. And we haven't been getting the two fake spoiler for one real one anymore. Sometimes it has been just one real spoiler. So basically, we are waiting around for a spoiler to come around that is better than the first one we got. Then again, last month's spoiler seemed fake and crappy too, but was true, so who knows?
Old 2009-04-01, 09:59   Link #125
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Gangsta Spanksta:
Quote:
@KingOfWorlds:
As odd as it sounds to you would be theoretical physicists, and contrary to Einsteins famous equation, more youki is sensible and present when an awakened being is in their awakened form. Riful can suppress hers, but she is much better at suppressing when she is in her smaller human state because she is not releasing youki in her awakened form as seen when she met Audrey and Rachel. The youki release naturally appears to be linear like, oh I dunno, the scale of 0-100% that Yagi gave us for youki release. The youki is not traded for physical matter. Releasing more youki has the side effect of changing a claymores physical body.
The youki is not traded for physical matter in respect to their awakened form. It is traded for matter in the case of regeneration, which an AB can do a ton of.
Old 2009-04-01, 10:08   Link #126
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
AB form being light, by no means, indicates that the human form is heavy

@Gangsta: well, she can lift him if he lets her do it. His lightweight nature may explain his affection for chibi stuffs (Priscilla)
*What would've happened if Isley weighed the same in human form and Abyssal form*

Helen: Oh my god! He grew into a giant horsey and is now powering up a Yoki blast! We're so fscked!
Deneve: Well if we're going to die, we might as well die together.

*Helen stretchy kicks Isley in what she thinks is her last suicide attack.*

*Isley crashes into the ground right in front of Clare's group*

Clare: WTF? I don't need this...
Old 2009-04-01, 10:10   Link #127
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
*What would've happened if Isley weighed the same in human form and Abyssal form*

Helen: Oh my god! He grew into a giant horsey and is now powering up a Yoki blast! We're so fscked!
Deneve: Well if we're going to die, we might as well die together.

*Helen stretchy kicks Isley in what she thinks is her last suicide attack.*

*Isley crashes into the ground right in front of Clare's group*

Clare: WTF? I don't need this...
Haha. Helen can might as well use her stretchy claymore slash to at least cut something off.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-01, 10:15   Link #128
iLney

"Would've", but it didn't happen. Who knows, maybe the center of mass on Isley's body can fluctuate freely
Old 2009-04-01, 10:17   Link #129
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
@Gangsta Spanksta:

The youki is not traded for physical matter in respect to their awakened form. It is traded for matter in the case of regeneration, which an AB can do a ton of.
Ah for one thing I think I read your original post as sensible being the ability to sense it versus that it makes sense. I don't agree with there being more yoki in abyssal form. Nor do I agree with Isley being able to gain mass out of no where. That is unless there is another factor involved like magic, which I have no problems against, but rather not use in a story that doesn't need it to explain things. I think that ABs have more yoki in human form, but can't use it as well for combat. Healing is a different story. Also using a certain amount of yoki may be hazardous for the human form if it is not used for healing.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:23   Link #130
gene

~~~~~

Spoiler for scene90:

glad to see miria again after N months........(n=)*—¥#()
and poor yuma lost her leg....

ps
it's 2 April here so it's all up to you...
Old 2009-04-01, 11:28   Link #131
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Google Translation:

Quote:
Claymore
Alicia and Beth and head west to subdue RIFURU
The sense that the movement of their large妖気the MIRIA RABONA
The visitors were pinned to the message from Dietrich and Helen there DENEVU
It was reported to understand the situation, we wonder how someone is MIRIA西NO地
Meanwhile, the West Clare had encountered in the forest duff and
YARI過GOSOU had not noticed something, it caught the Yuma
Duff TEKOZURI the firm, to amputate a leg in the Yuma捕MARETA
3 people get a breath was barely逃GE延BI
And headed to a haunt of the RIFURU own Claire Duff
Why? The two tried to思I止MARA,
Rafaela must meet in, Clare to say I can not explain in his
No. 6 continued.
BTW, there is no need for spoiler tags. This thread is clearly labeled "Chapter 90"
Old 2009-04-01, 11:30   Link #132
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Gangsta Spanksta: You have problems with magic in a fictional world where the power they have is a linear scale of release called "demon energy" where the main characters fight and are demons or monsters?

And, um, the awakened beings do gain mass out of no where. Look at the transformation of the beetle male scout in chapter 52 pages 30-31. You can stick to your ideas that yagi values "physics" the way you do, but look at some practical examples of "real physics"

One gram of mass — approximately the mass of a U.S. dollar bill — is equivalent to the following amounts of energy:
  • 89.9 terajoules
  • 24.9 million kilowatt-hours (≈25 GW·h)
  • 21.5 billion kilocalories (≈21 Tcal)
  • 21.5 kilotons of TNT-equivalent energy (≈21 kt) (bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were in this range
  • 85.2 billion BTUs
That is one GRAM of mass. One kilogram is 1000x times that . And to get enough mass to be a giant pony, I dare say Isley should just turn his own mass to energy (as apparently AB's can jump between mass and energy at will) and nuke his opponents...

Claymore does not conform to your rules of how the world works. Trying to make it so is an exercise in, dare I say it, fictional writing on fictional writing. It conforms to its own rules, where monsters that eat people exist, souls can be merged, human hearts can be lost, and the main focus is the human heart and human relationships.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:31   Link #133
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

BTW, we have yet to see the real spoiler. Each of the spoilers so far have something missing that the real spoiler usually has.

@Chiba:

And thinking that Awakened Beings can somehow store massive amounts of energy, yoki, isn't any more silly speculation and theorization than talk about the human heart you know. Again, I never said that it was wrong to think differently or have a different opinion and theory. I just prefer using yoki being converted to mass to explain the increase in mass. It at least tries to deal with the question of: where did it come from? I prefer that to mass appearing out of nowhere or more yoki appearing out of nowhere along with that mass. Furthermore, using that real world concept isn't any different from using the concept that humans breath air in yagi's world. I could say that trying to make that humans breath air in Claymore is an exercise in, dare you say, fictional writing on fictional writing as well. There is no difference between that real world example or the other. So why should one be more accepted than the other?

Last edited by Gangsta Spanksta; 2009-04-01 at 11:45.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:59   Link #134
iLney

If that spoiler were true, my prediction long ago was correct. After 7 years, Duff still owns Clare
Old 2009-04-01, 12:01   Link #135
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Gangsta Spanksta: The difference is what APPEARS in Claymore and what appears in your mind. We have evidence that Claymores breath air in Yagi's world, from the story itself; Ophelia attempts to drown Clare and mentions that it is quite an unfitting end. Also Clare breathing heavily when exhausted, etc. The human heart IS in the story a whole lot. I daresay it is the focus of the story. And Yagi also has shown quite a system for how youki reacts to characters as they release it. I personally would prefer to examine what he shows as opposed to what I think about the real world.

You naturally can think anything you want to, and you can pull the "but I prefer" card all you want. Just don't expect people to take you seriously if you want to talk about what is happening in the story as we lose the common ground we share of this fictional world and instead each have to rely on our independent studies and experiences in various fields.

Can you imagine if we started linking Claymore to the different religious beliefs we each have or do not have?
Old 2009-04-01, 12:19   Link #136
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
@Gangsta Spanksta: The difference is what APPEARS in Claymore and what appears in your mind. We have evidence that Claymores breath air in Yagi's world, from the story itself; Ophelia attempts to drown Clare and mentions that it is quite an unfitting end. Also Clare breathing heavily when exhausted, etc. The human heart IS in the story a whole lot. I daresay it is the focus of the story. And Yagi also has shown quite a system for how youki reacts to characters as they release it. I personally would prefer to examine what he shows as opposed to what I think about the real world.

You naturally can think anything you want to, and you can pull the "but I prefer" card all you want. Just don't expect people to take you seriously if you want to talk about what is happening in the story as we lose the common ground we share of this fictional world and instead each have to rely on our independent studies and experiences in various fields.

Can you imagine if we started linking Claymore to the different religious beliefs we each have or do not have?
The human heart is mentioned, but what it really means and is, is vague and up to interpretation, and you speculating on what it is, what yagi meant when having the characters briefly mention it, isn't really that much more substantial than E=MC^2. And the whole what is mentioned thing in the story is sidestepping the point. So are you saying that if we didn't have that scene with Clare being drowned by Ophelia that we couldn't, shouldn't, assume that Clare breaths air? Are we just supposed to check our intuition at the door and say that humans don't need oxygens and that plants don't produce it and take in CO2? Breathing air is not a fundamentally less real world concept than E=MC^2. I suppose that the desert raki was in was cold, which deserts can be, but come on :d there is a certain amount of real world things that we accept in the story. If someone was hit by lightning and the scene changes to never show them again, are we not to assumed that they probably died by electrocution? There is a concept in writing called plausibility that readers and critics use alike when judging a story. If I was to take what you say here to heart then there would be no concept of plausibility, if you understand what I mean. Anyway, I notice you also mentioned my views on magic in the previous post, which are incorrect again. I have nothing against magic in a story, but Claymore to me doesn't need it, so i prefer to look for other explanations.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:24   Link #137
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
Spoiler for scene90:

glad to see miria again after N months........(n=)*—¥#()
and poor yuma lost her leg....

ps
it's 2 April here so it's all up to you...
Okay this sounds better. That's a plus.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:25   Link #138
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Google Translation:

BTW, there is no need for spoiler tags. This thread is clearly labeled "Chapter 90"
thx ..

i think this is yagi style .. and Rufil doesnt die in this chapter .. so most likely this is the real one ..
Old 2009-04-01, 12:32   Link #139
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
thx ..

i think this is yagi style .. and Rufil doesnt die in this chapter .. so most likely this is the real one ..
No it lacks something important, so it is most likely not the real spoiler It is something that every single real spoiler has had since I've been posting at this site. Something that will make a newbie go: Oh no! No Claymore next month?
Old 2009-04-01, 12:36   Link #140
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

No way could Duff own Clare, she'd solo him with her crazy skills she now has.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Closed Thread