AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 115 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-01, 20:41   Link #61
rafael1932
claymores pimp

ryus

So…uhh…ahh…uh.. is he a claymore or not? Based in how the eyes look. It seems that you are saying that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACxStayCOOL View Post
I wonder how clare would feel about the one she loves the most becoming a claymore by the one she hates the most. Interesting story..
Claymores were brainwashed to see themselves as monsters. I hope she feels bad about it. ( from her perspective of course)
Old 2011-06-01, 20:42   Link #62
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I think this chapter can best be described as W...T...F!
Looks like Miria's special 7 years of training was spent sleeping or something. She had trouble with the shrimps? Good grief.
I'm willing to suspend belief to a point... but this is ridiculous.
If it wasn't for seeing Teresa (my opinion) again in the last image, this would be a very solid 0. What was Yagi thinking? A whole chapter dedicated to him? WHY? Why is Yagi punishing me so? There is no text that can be added to those frames to make that make any sense.

It's probably some kind of joke.... has to be. The real issue will come out soon... just have to wait... the real one is coming out soon... I know it is... has to be... oh my eyes... just have to wait... that was just some kind of sick joke... it will go away... just have to wait for the real issue... should arrive any day now... can't let this evil prank taint me... the real 115 will be out soon and all will be better.

Old 2011-06-01, 20:48   Link #63
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ryus....I don't know; till we get translations, I don't think he's had any change. If he has, it's the quickest transition we've ever seen -- almost instanteously, he gets used to the new body and whoops everybody without any sort of shock or reaction at all to how on earth it's even possible he's doing this.
Oh come, the combat ability and the fact he's wielding a Claymore with one hand (a stated fact no human could do, don't forget he wielded the sword in ch 81 with a 1 1/2 hand style (meaning he only used one hand when he needed to really do wide sweeps or block and attack with his wrist guard but two hands at all other times))... not enough to imply that the artwork style change on Raki could be anything but this. BTW it's on every panel of his face this chapter that's zoomed in enough to see. Go a head an compare every human eye in the series with all the Claymore eyes thus far and you'll see I'm telling the truth. Even in chapter 1 this is true, albeit the artwork has greatly improved since then (even with the eyes) and the quality of the cleanings.

When I was doing that Miria coloring I studying the eyes shading that Yagi did in both b&w and on colored pages very well trying to mimic his intent and keep my coloring as cannon as possible..
Old 2011-06-01, 20:54   Link #64
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Oh come, the combat ability and the fact he's wielding a Claymore with one hand (a stated fact no human could do, don't forget he wielded the sword in ch 81 with a 1 1/2 hand style (meaning he only used one hand when he needed to really do wide sweeps or block and attack with his wrist guard but two hands at all other times))... not enough to imply that the artwork style change on Raki could be anything but this. BTW it's on every panel of his face this chapter that's zoomed in enough to see. Go a head an compare every human eye in the series with all the Claymore eyes thus far and you'll see I'm telling the truth. Even in chapter 1 this is true, albeit the artwork has greatly improved since then (even with the eyes) and the quality of the cleanings.

When I was doing that Miria coloring I studying the eyes shading that Yagi did in both b&w and on colored pages very well trying to mimic his intent and keep my coloring as cannon as possible..
Ryus, number 1, why can't a normal human wield one-handed? or become a master swordsman in their own right? Ever since we learned, especially actually, that humans could kill Yoma, everything has changed...I don't remember when this fact was stated. This fencing-style swordplay matches Isley's so it could easily just have been the training.

Alright, so you believe he is now a hybrid......how?

Was it from the Rods? Priscilla's arm? a combination? You say he didn't have these irises beforehand, so he couldn't have been a warrior then -- the transformation had to have been just now. He's not using any yoki in this chapter at all, which means either he's super-suppressing like Priscilla, or he doesn't know how, or it's something else entirely. It could very well be that BOTH Raciella and Priscilla's cells are in him; that Priscilla's has somehow made them non-aggressive or something...in which case, he would be the strongest force undoubtedly, to some people's displeasure

This whole issue would be so much easier if Raki just had black hair -- that way we could know for sure . I'm sure when translations come, we'll know for sure.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:03   Link #65
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Ok, making final bets. I bet that raki is a claymore and his source is pris because he can defend against the awakened arm from the twin. Since the twin power is number 1 and miria had a such hard time with them, his source has to be from someone above abyssal. Just don’t ask me how he does not transform himself into abyssal feeder …
Old 2011-06-01, 21:05   Link #66
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Ah, Cyclone does not dissapoint.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:10   Link #67
MalakTawus

Also i'm not so sure that's a normal claymore, it could be a claymore for training (so a bit lighter than the real thing)........and btw if i have to be honest Raki's old sword seemed A LOT bigger and heavier than a normal claymore used by the organization's warriors, so maybe that's why he used 1 1/2 hand style...........not to mention that since that battle was very fast we can't be sure that Raki couldn't use that sword with one hand,in fact if you look at claymores-warriors it's not so unusual to see them use both hands to swiing their swords,so i don't see why Raki couldn't do the same: just 'cause you can wield one-handed it doesn't mean that you can't use both hands......
Old 2011-06-01, 21:13   Link #68
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well it is a training sword Malak, so it wouldn't surprise me if it really was not as heavy or strong as an actual Claymore -- Raki's broadsword is so huge as to compensate for his lack of strength (compared to warriors).

Some translations call it a "bastard sword" or "great sword"; in gaming, that's usually the heaviest sword that does the most amount of damage. Claymores aren't so huge because such strength isn't necessary for superhuman warriors - they are more about speed, precision and technique.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:18   Link #69
claremore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Ok, making final bets. I bet that raki is a claymore and his source is pris because he can defend against the awakened arm from the twin. Since the twin power is number 1 and miria had a such hard time with them, his source has to be from someone above abyssal. Just don’t ask me how he does not transform himself into abyssal feeder …
i agree with this even though it wouldve been better raki stayed human. It makes the most sense to me.
edit- thanks for rep ryus

Last edited by claremore; 2011-06-02 at 02:19.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:18   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Actually it was outright stated the second they released Youki they awakened instantly.

Everything else, we don't really know about.
Specifically, where is it stated?

As far as we know, Awakening is just complex (not your straight-forward issue), too many enigmas unexplored.

What was the point then for the ORG at creating a full-set of 47 male Warriors, if they would Awaken with just barely a 1% of youki release?

Basically, that's saying that 1% release for males is just as bad and equal to 80% release for females, is that what's been implied?
Old 2011-06-01, 21:19   Link #71
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Hey, I doubt Raki could awaken if he's become a half-human half-yoma? That'd be something But we need some more explanations though... it's kinda messed up as long as the chapter goes on and we still haven't got the battle between Priscilla vs the Destroyer.

Btw, I should be sticking my ass on the seat at the moment since the English scan would be out any time by now
Old 2011-06-01, 21:21   Link #72
Newhope

Oh well that chapter was disappointing that was the last thing I wanted to see.

Quote:
Only the anime mentioned the sex drive as the reason for the males awakening upon releasing yoki (I compare it to a dumbass blowing his load the first time ). In the manga it is unstated why the males awakened upon doing so.
It does state in the slashers arc that awakening is pleasurable and the males couldn't suppress the urge while females can to a certain degree.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:22   Link #73
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Also i'm not so sure that's a normal claymore, it could be a claymore for training (so a bit lighter than the real thing)........and btw if i have to be honest Raki's old sword seemed A LOT bigger and heavier than a normal claymore used by the organization's warriors, so maybe that's why he used 1 1/2 hand style...........not to mention that since that battle was very fast we can't be sure that Raki couldn't use that sword with one hand,in fact if you look at claymores-warriors it's not so unusual to see them use both hands to swiing their swords,so i don't see why Raki couldn't do the same: just 'cause you can wield one-handed it doesn't mean that you can't use both hands......

How about the fact that he was jumping around this chapter 3 times higher than any human could with that sword while in chapter 81 he went for the swipe from below and never leaped once.

We also have no idea how dense a "Claymore" vs that broadsword is and in ch 81 Raki's was mostly attacking from a set position (after the intial charge) at best only taking a step or two forward with each attack yet here he's dodging like a freak against 2 people who held Miria at bay... MIRIA! If he's 100% human I'm a dragon (ignore my name being Ryu + s , no pun intented). Next off if Isley did something to him, why is it only coming into effect now and not then too.

Raki is leagues better than he was in ch 81 and the artwork style has changed for his eyes... I'm just choosing to add the two up. Forgive me if you think it's premature on my part.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:23   Link #74
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I think this chapter can best be described as W...T...F!

I'm willing to suspend belief to a point... but this is ridiculous.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:32   Link #75
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
i agree with this even though it wouldve been better raki stayed human. It makes the most sense to me.
I would like to see some romance between claymores and humans and only raki until know show up that he sees them as pure human ( despite the obvious) – damn I even thought that they could have kids or so. Too romantic ? I would prefer seeing him as pure human holding clare hand ( even after grow up). too bad that it is forever broken with this chapter. When Teresa hold down clare hand was different because it was a pure human and that means that she is also human which is different from another claymore – well this might be a lot confuse to explain anyway
Old 2011-06-01, 21:40   Link #76
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
I would like to see some romance between claymores and humans and only raki until know show up that he sees them as pure human ( despite the obvious) – damn I even thought that they could have kids or so. Too romantic ? I would prefer seeing him as pure human holding clare hand ( even after grow up). too bad that it is forever broken with this chapter. When Teresa hold down clare hand was different because it was a pure human and that means that she is also human which is different from another claymore – well this might be a lot confuse to explain anyway
In theory if claymore's have children they should still be 100% human, it just depends on what changes them into a Claymore changes them on a genetic level or not.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:40   Link #77
gene

Quote:
Maybe this will help

Spoiler for Pic:
Love this observation

It's also one of the place which i felt uncomfortable/weird with Raki in this chapter because his claymore-like eyes.

I checked back few chapters and found out that no-matter before or after he got Priscilla's hand, his eyes are always human-like, except in 115.
(I would hope that's just assistant's mistake)

Besides, in P06 of chapter 115, sth on his hands and left arms caught my attention.
I don't know what exactly that is, but some big changes must have happened in his body.
It's just like a Claymore releasing his/her Yoki to gain more power.

Spoiler for Pic:
Old 2011-06-01, 21:46   Link #78
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
In theory if claymore's have children they should still be 100% human, it just depends on what changes them into a Claymore changes them on a genetic level or not.
Well, if impossible they should be able to adopt pris ( she gets shorter after some time)
Old 2011-06-01, 21:48   Link #79
ACxStayCOOL

Raki and Clare Can Now Be Claymore Lovers...Have Claymore Sex...and Have Claymore Babies.
Also Since He Can Now Pwn The Number 1 Claymores, He'll finally be able to Protect Clare Like He Said he would. :]
Old 2011-06-01, 21:52   Link #80
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
Love this observation

It's also one of the place which i felt uncomfortable/weird with Raki in this chapter because his claymore-like eyes.

I checked back few chapters and found out that no-matter before or after he got Priscilla's hand, his eyes are always human-like, except in 115.
(I would hope that's just assistant's mistake)

Besides, in P06 of chapter 115, sth on his hands and left arms caught my attention.
I don't know what exactly that is, but some big changes must have happened in his body.
It's just like a Claymore releasing his/her Yoki to gain more power.

Spoiler for Pic:

An amazing Claymore artist loves my observations on the eyes... makes me inside.

Though I must admit I thought Clarice had developed blonde hair in ch 108 but alas no. Even though every scan on the net (all cleaned by different groups too) clearly showed it as such but then in ch 109 she was a brunette again.

I take it that means there is no mention of silver eyes in the Chinese scan... any mention of yoki being hinted at coming from Raki? (don't need any line by line translation, but I wouldn't mind a simple yes or no if either his eye color is mentioned or if it states someone is sensing yoki from him ) It would explain why the twins attacked him on sight. I was hoping the text would makes things more clear how silly of me

BTW nice observation of ch 114 (forgot to look at it since I recalled his face was more viewed in profile then head on where the eye effect is most clearly seen)... wish I could rep you for it... but "I must spread it around some more" stupid rules