AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-01, 07:55   Link #261
Gooral
Banned

Yeah, it's strange. I was sure we would get chapter yesterday since apparently the group has received raw very early and it's still not out...
Old 2011-09-01, 08:31   Link #262
Superb

Gah! The chapter better be released today. The wait is killing me.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:39   Link #263
Nixl

At this point I do not even care what happens. I just want the damn chapter.

Rereading 114 I just noticed the mibs were relying on Raftela to indicate whether Miria's yoki had disappeared or not. I do not know how I missed that. (page 11)

Also, Raftela does fall over on the floor after taking all those wounds in 114, but that is just it. She falls over and it is never confirmed that she dies. I am not saying I like it, in fact I feel a little robbed that Yagi needed to skip around so fast. I feel like he just needed a character that could slow down the 3 FO, so that the remaining ghosts could arrive in time.

Honestly, I thought Raftela's entire point in the story was to stop Miria, but I guess she was always meant to slow down the 3 FOs. I guess that is long term planning in a sense. However, looking at the wounds I think Raftela is going to die anyway.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:46   Link #264
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
Maybe her purpose is to power-up Roxanne and make her a final boss :]. Knowing her ability I'm pretty sure she will notice something is wrong in case Raftela intervenes and she might learn this technique. One could say it's too quick for her to learn it but Roxanne's ability is very similar to Raftela's so I think even noticing once could allow her that. And with that anti-Claymore ability there would be no one that could kill her making her final boss :]. At least something 'good' (i.e. interesting) could come out from this. If she's around just for the reason you've mentioned I'm going to put Claymore on Bleach level (so higher than One Piece or Naruto but lower than many other shounens) ;P.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:46   Link #265
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Even if it was Rubel it would still be retarded. There were dozens of people there and no one noticed? Seriously? And MiB should know as I've said dozen of pages back that Claymores regenerate rather well and the only sure way to kill them is to cut their heads off. And here they've had audacity to blame Raftela for Miria being alive... It means they don't learn and it makes it a miracle they've survived for so long.
Hasn't it been shown numerous times that the Organization is as careless as they are arrogant? Some seem "wiser" than the others, obviously, but the institution as a whole seems to do some pretty stupid things. Even Dae, for all his mad scientist intelligence, seems to have no concern for the existence of the Organization as long as he can experiment. Plus you have Rubel, a known traitor....whose to say others don't exist as well?

Praise Teresa all we want, it's a poor sign of the Orgs intelligence network to not notice her real strength. It's even worse to send someone like Priscilla to take her out. Why would you risk having a number one awaken in your own headquarters (Luciella/Rafaella)? They appear to show no concern for the Destroyer, Alicia and Beth's defeat, or apparently don't have the foresight to question what would happen if the three rezzed number ones actually did win. Would they suddenly follow the Orgs orders again? Hardly.

Honestly I think the biggest illusion on the island was that the Organization ever had any real control over the experiment to begin with.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:48   Link #266
Nixl

Quote:
@Nixl
Maybe her purpose is to power-up Roxanne and make her a final boss :]. Knowing her ability I'm pretty sure she will notice something is wrong in case Raftela intervenes and she might learn this technique. Maybe one could say it's too quick for her to learn but Roxanne's ability is very similar to Raftela's so I think even noticing once could allow her that. And with that anti-Claymore ability there would be no one that could kill her making her final boss :].
I...I.... :<

To be honest, I am starting to like Roxanne. Maybe she is little psycho, but that is something claymore could use a little more of from time to time.

That begs the question though, does Roxanne need to be able to see the target to synchronize?

@Solace, I know it may seem like arrogance, but could it possibly be desperation? I feel like with the mainland war in the background there is always to the possibility that what may look like arrogance is fact the organization having its back to the wall against the DoDs and that they do not stop until they find a miracle weapon or they die. I think that in part can answer for their recklessness in that they are willing to make whatever sacrifice of others and themselves to find a weapon that will save their country from the DoDs.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:49   Link #267
gene

______ released HxH just now... hope the next will be chpt from SQ instead of FT...
Old 2011-09-01, 08:52   Link #268
Gooral
Banned

@Solace
Well, noticing Teresa's power is one thing, not checking whether Claymore is dead knowing she can regenarate is another. Teresa was hiding her powers and until Priscilla appeared there wasn't an opponent that could make her release youki and since she was the best youki sensor she would always detect someone before that someone would detect her. As for the rest, these are recent mistakes. I was asking how come thye did not collapse sooner when they've had intelligence of a monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
______ released HxH just now... hope the next will be chpt from SQ instead of FT...
lol
This is getting funnier and funnier. I wouldn't be surprised if they've started new project that would take precedence before Claymore :]. Seriously though, Claymore must really be unpopular if it has such low priority.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:54   Link #269
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Judging by its spoiler pics... is Cassandra sparing Audrey or is her blade's about to stab her?
Old 2011-09-01, 09:01   Link #270
Gooral
Banned

I thought that Cassandra was rather compassionate Claymore and she wouldn't kill Claymores but who knows. After all they tried to kill her.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:02   Link #271
Nixl

Quote:
I thought that Cassandra was rather compassionate Claymore and she wouldn't kill Claymores but who knows. After all they tried to kill her.
I do not know why she would be compassionate, I mean she was shunned by other claymores and was purged. I doubt that was a happy experience.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:10   Link #272
Gooral
Banned

Well, judging by her character she seemed to be a nice girl. And since she doesn't remember what happened (at least it seems that way for now) she shouldn't be bitter or angry that she was killed.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:13   Link #273
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I assumed that Cassandra was just about to kill audrey.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-01, 09:16   Link #274
Arlenis
Of Lights

I just woke up and showered and came immediately here......to this MESS! This.....just won't do. The fact that Raftella is back is absolutely ludicrous. It BETTER be explained nicely, and she BETTER not fuck with Hysteria! So cheap, it is. I doubt her power can work on Roxanna because Roxanna could just cloak herself from Raftella with her special ability and Roxanna would be blocked out.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:23   Link #275
Ryus
The One Eyed King

First off... that spoiler looks a bit cleaned... so why isn't the chapter out again? Are they just holding off for the 4th since that was the stated release date at the end of last chapter or something?

Quote:
Fixed.
Seriously, you should learn about non-linear functions a bit before making such ridiculous statements.

If power increase during youki release is indeed non-linear but exponential for example then the difference in power between 90% and 100% could be bigger than between 0% and 30%. See Kinematic's post for example (I'm too lazy to explain it to you, especially since you have a tendency to ignore my arguments or changing what I said like a troll). There are plenty ways of modifying this formula without resorting to assumptions you're making.
I was refereeing to you yelling at me for supposedly using them and then you getting upset and seemingly implying I couldn't (talk about a double standard)... even thought I didn't actually use them (see the "changing my argument" bit later in the post). Sorry you felt my wording was poor but I was in a rush to get to bed... as stated several times in those last few posts... next off, cute that you edited me saying I felt that your where accusing me of "bad math" when you yourself had just used that same math then edited it to insult my math skills... now whom looks like the troll (and really? Your definition of a troll is anyone whom ignores your arguments or changes what you say? Why isn't the inverse true as well then? It makes it sound like you're implying you're special and everyone else should take you more seriously than you take others... ). Lets ignore the fact that the very next poster after Kinematics posted his proof of a linear equation that fit this line of dialog too... so you once again are acting like only the post you linked matters and carries any weight. *sigh* Do you listen to yourself and how you sound? http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...58#post1708558

Then you have have chibi monster after that explaining that (in layman terms based on the the latest debate) that it could mean something akin to yoki quality and the org was just saying that Galatea used her yoki in a manner that way more efficient than any other warrior.

Finally, that line of Galatea's is highly controversial and widely interpreted in many different ways. It's even been used to imply some things such as Alicia and Beth are weaker than Galatea at 79% but not at 100% to implying that Alicia and Beth share yoki and as such couldn't really be judged. All of which fit the know facts and account for that line of dialog.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:26   Link #276
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

It would be nice if the author decides to take a route in which most of the warriors are killed and decapitated+head on a spear for the ghosts(not ghosts anymore) to see. I can't imagine all the fury that will be born within the pseudoghosts from such a sighting. Some of them would most likely awaken and Deneve would make such a great AB
Old 2011-09-01, 09:26   Link #277
Arlenis
Of Lights

Ryus, what do you think about the spoiler pics?
TheeVilanimal, Deneve would make a superb awakened being. Same for Galatea.

Last edited by Arlenis; 2011-09-01 at 09:40.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:34   Link #278
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Well, judging by her character she seemed to be a nice girl. And since she doesn't remember what happened (at least it seems that way for now) she shouldn't be bitter or angry that she was killed.
That depends on what state she is currently in, what she recalls, and how the character chooses to view the situation. I don't know about you but I'd be pretty angry and bitter that I was murdered by someone whom I thought cared about me... so why shouldn't she be bitter or angry about it if she chooses to be or recalls even a bit of the past or jumped to a false conclusion?

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-09-01 at 09:45.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:42   Link #279
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
OMG ! Someone has posted on Baidu 2 spoiler pics (they're tiny but you can see Raftela and Cassandra):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Ryus, what do you think about the spoiler pics?
TheeVilanimal, Deneve would make a superb awakened being. Same for Galatea.
P.S *Sniff* *Sniff* CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEES I uploaded a signature pic and it isn't showing uuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Edit: Nevermind. There it is.
Well, they're very small so it's hard to judge but I'm not seeing any signs of tampering on them... so they seem legit.

As to what is happening in them. It appears Cassandra hacked off all but one of Audrey's limbs but yet Audrey seems expressionless as she is about to be run through... I always found her a boring character whom was wishy washy since her introduction but I'm really not sure how to take this... I just have no context.

I will say I find it very funny how Cassandra whom was someone who supposedly liked hacking her opponents to tiny pieces is going for the kill before starting that process, I suppose she can't be all that bad. Since in a manner, it is a kindness.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:45   Link #280
Arlenis
Of Lights

I personally believe she's going to want to slay Roxanna's entire F****ing liiiiife. Unless of course she doesn't know it was roxanna that killed her. Roxanna could have been cloaked and swooped in for the final death blow. I don't know. Quite frankly I don't care. I don't really too much care for Roxanna. I mean the dark part of me loves her but the light part of me despises her. So....I don't know. I do know she is excruciatingly powerful. She's probably stealing Hysteria's technique currently, or the twins, OR Raftella's. (but not Cassandra's FILTHY technique *shivers in disgust*).