AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 115 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-01, 17:47   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 115

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 115.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-06-01, 17:53   Link #2
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I always knew Raki had it in him. I'm so proud.
And of course, as soon as there's a problem, everyone runs to Dae-sama.
Old 2011-06-01, 17:55   Link #3
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
Unofficial chapter 115 Cover:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for 115:
wait please dont tell me im seeing what i think im seeing...no...its..just...not...possible
Old 2011-06-01, 17:56   Link #4
haegar
mangaviking

While I enjoy making fun of him he undoubtedly has grown. I'm rly eager to know if they held back against him or not. While I accept he got pwered up badass, it would be a tad ridicolous if he was stronger than Miria - although technically speaking if this was caused by Prissy's arm - there is not rly any limit on his growth depending on where yagi wants to take it XD

edit, as for that pic....no I'm not one of those tards ..and I didn't mean to troll the raki fans (at least not more than usually, which means I behave myself moderatly amicable )- but it just so happens he RLY does look like..."you know who" in that one panel

gave it 9/10 cause I was rly surprised by things
Old 2011-06-01, 18:06   Link #5
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Moving... post here of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
OK... chapter ends with the 3 zombie being shown but no facial details.

However I went out of my way (eating dinner atm ) to compare the armor to see if one is wearing Teresa's old armor style and none are... plus only one has hair that could be Teresa.

Spoiler for Ch 115 last page:

Spoiler for Vs teresa' armor's backside:

Odds of Teresa being one of the 3 have dropped. That said it doesn't mean she wasn't issued new armor though.

Hmm... now that i think about it one seems to look close to Luciela... maybe she'll become her new body and the other Teresa's new body
Now I'd like to add that I think Raki's now has silver eyes since the art work for them has changed to the standard coloring pattern for Claymore eyes.

Raki's old eye artwork had dull dark shades at it's center

But here in this chapter they have a Claymore's cannon highlighting around the pupil (compare it to the twin, who's slightly further out...)

Plus throw in all his acrobatics and it's clear he's now a full blown Claymore... and based on his battle with the twins at least equal to a high ranking single digit.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:09   Link #6
Tenchi Hou Take

Problem is if he had any signifcant amount of Youki shouldn't he of Awakened instantly.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:11   Link #7
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Problem is if he had any signifcant amount of Youki shouldn't he of Awakened instantly.
Normally, yes but it would seem he is something new. When he came back stronger after timeskip there was speculation if soemthing happened to him while with Isley. That was never answered even though its coceivable his previous skills were fully human. Now he had the Rods hitting him, Prissy's arm, and after that nobody knows if Dae did anything to him. He could be anything and could pretty much turn into anything yet from slowly awakening to becoming the first perfect male warrior, imho to early to tell.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:12   Link #8
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Agh, but the two pieces of flesh countered each other out as previously stated by Dae and on top of that where removed... So maybe not.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:15   Link #9
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for 115:
Blasphemy. Bring torches.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:18   Link #10
Arturro

Quote:
Even first generation male warriors didn't awakened instantly. Male claymores are just more susceptible to awakening. Also Raki is obviously not a typical claymore.
First, he was implanted by rods (and Priscilla hand), instead of typical use of yoma flesh. Somewhat like Abyssal Eaters
Second, as far as we know, he hasn't undergone a surgery. It was rather "natural" infection with AO flesh.
Third, even if he is freshly made claymore warrior he hardly could be considered as unexperienced. He is rather a veteran. He knows what AB are, what yoki is, how claymores turns into awakened beings. He has seen Clare awakening and even stopped it. He was living for 7 years with two Abyssal Ones. And he was trained and tutored by Isley. He probably knows more about awakening than most of the MiBs.

Old 2011-06-01, 18:18   Link #11
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I'll wait to see actual chapter before jumping to any conclusions. But if the twins are letting Raki fight the handlers, then their pretty smart. Remember Claymores have the whole no killing humans thing beaten into them. Raki doesn't. Maybe the twins just needed to see if he was strong enough to defeat the handlers.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:23   Link #12
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Even first generation male warriors didn't awakened instantly. Male claymores are just more susceptible to awakening. Also Raki is obviously not a typical claymore.
First, he was implanted by rods (and Priscilla hand), instead of typical use of yoma flesh. Somewhat like Abyssal Eaters
Second, as far as we know, he hasn't undergone a surgery. It was rather "natural" infection with AO flesh.
Third, even if he is freshly made claymore warrior he hardly could be considered as unexperienced. He is rather a veteran. He knows what AB are, what yoki is, how claymores turns into awakened beings. He has seen Clare awakening and even stopped it. He was living for 7 years with two Abyssal Ones. And he was trained and tutored by Isley. He probably knows more about awakening than most of the MiBs.
Actually it was outright stated the second they released Youki they awakened instantly.

Everything else, we don't really know about.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:27   Link #13
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Actually it was outright stated the second they released Youki they awakened instantly.
I second that
As for surgery Arturro mentioned. We do not know what Dae did to him. He might have powers because the rods infected him and Prissy's arm stopped or cancelled the takeover. He might have powers due to the arm.

Or, Dae is a bitch and guessed that the arm not only surpressed the destroyer, so he turned Raki into a male claymore to test out if the arm had worked any other changes on him
Old 2011-06-01, 18:27   Link #14
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I'll wait to see actual chapter before jumping to any conclusions. But if the twins are letting Raki fight the handlers, then their pretty smart. Remember Claymores have the whole no killing humans thing beaten into them. Raki doesn't. Maybe the twins just needed to see if he was strong enough to defeat the handlers.
Doubtful... he just spared an MiB ninja, it doesn't look like he needs to go lethal to stop them all, and most importantly he wants to be like Clare (whom gave a whole speech about not killing humans when Opheila tried to kill Raki). Finally to the best of our knowledge doesn't know that they created the yoma for a war on the mainland, as far as he knows these are just rent a cops whom make sure the girls whom are needed to become claymores to protect humanity become warriors and can get training and to our knowledge he has no idea what's going on outside.

Though I really do want him killing them off left and right though.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:28   Link #15
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Surprsingly that doesn't make that much sense. Since how did they expect to defeat the organisation if they don't plan to kill any humans. Surely they can't expect raki to kill everyone. Besides I'd doubt the no human killing rule would even work if people found out they overthrew their human overlords.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:31   Link #16
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Everything else, we don't really know about.
Agreed, but as you imply we also know some of them were more than strong enough to fight without releasing yoki. So the mid rankers likely got into fights with the low rankers whom awakened instantly and where forced to awaken themselves, and finally those awakened mid rankers encountered the single digits and then everything went to hell.

Around that time the org went "Oh, look the females haven't awoken like the males did... Success!"
Old 2011-06-01, 18:33   Link #17
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Surprsingly that doesn't make that much sense. Since how did they expect to defeat the organisation if they don't plan to kill any humans. Surely they can't expect raki to kill everyone. Besides I'd doubt the no human killing rule would even work if people found out they overthrew their human overlords.
two options...
  1. Miria teaches them it's ok to draw first blood in this case.
  2. They capture them and take them back to Rabona and the burn the heretics who created unholy monsters.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:36   Link #18
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Agreed, but as you imply we also know some of them were more than strong enough to fight without releasing yoki. So the mid rankers likely got into fights with the low rankers whom awakened instantly and where forced to awaken themselves, and finally those awakened mid rankers encountered the single digits and then everything went to hell.

Around that time the org went "Oh, look the females haven't awoken like the males did... Success!"
I always almost felt insulted wheb I remember that males always awakened when they used youki because of their larger than female sex drive. Surely all of them weren't like that. I mean at least one should have been able to keep it in his pants so to speak.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:37   Link #19
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I always almost felt insulted that males always awakened when they used youki because of their larger than female sex drive. Surely all of them weren't like that. I mean at least one should have been able to keep it in his pants so to speak.
Only the anime mentioned the sex drive as the reason for the males awakening upon releasing yoki (I compare it to a dumbass blowing his load the first time ). In the manga it is unstated why the males awakened upon doing so.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:38   Link #20
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Only the anime mentioned the sex drive as the reason for the males awakening upon releasing yoki. In the manga it is unstated why the males awakened upon doing so.
It was heavily implied in the manga.
Closed Thread