AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 12:33   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

As per ANN and other news outlets, Lump of Sugar's ero-game Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- (warning - 18+ contents!) is scheduled to get an anime adaptation published by Media Factory. (This doesn't come as a huge surprise to me personally, as it was obvious from the story that it was made-for-anime material.)

タユタマ -Kiss on my Deity-
Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

Game Box Cover Art:

(Characters shown -- Center: Mashiro, Top-Left: Ameri, Top-Right: Yumina, Bottom-Left: Mifuyu)

While this series has not been licensed, it is being produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts will not be allowed in this thread:
  • Asking where you can find Tayutama downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Tayutama.
  • Asking for playback help for Tayutama episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime, but discussion should be be limited to the story.

Speaking of the story...

Basic Plot Synopsis:
What if spirits were all around us? What if they could take human form and live with us?

Yuuri Mito is the son of a priest at a local shrine. He isn't all that interested in following in his father's footsteps, but discovers one day that he can see spirits, and they're everywhere! He calls on the forest goddess to solicit her help in keeping the spirits under control, and she reincarnates as a young girl. Wielding a giant hammer, and with the power to transform into a white-haired goddess, she pursues her dream that, one day, humans and spirits will once again be able to live together in harmony.

"I've come to bring unity between us."

Yuuri is charged by the forest goddess to take care of this young girl, and gives her the name Mashiro. When an unfortunate accident causes three powerful, menacing spirits to awaken, Yuuri and his friends find themselves pulled into the fray as Mashiro works to calm the wayward spirits and bring peace.

Spoiler for Expanded premise based on game/what to expect:
PLEASE NOTE: The association of Tayutama game players would like to inform all prospective viewers that, even though Mashiro is indeed a fox spirit, this is not an ecchi-comedy, and the story bares absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Kanokon.

As it mentions in the ANN article, the story is also being adapted in a manga published in Kadokawa's monthly seinen Comptiq Ace publication.

Official Site: http://www.tayutama.com/
Genre: Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Comedy

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-21 at 02:02. Reason: Added site, removed "reportedly"
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 13:07   Link #2
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Wow lump of sugar eroge finally become anime
I hope Itsusora will get anime too
Old 2008-12-18, 15:13   Link #3
Avisch
Reality Blender

Was waiting for this! Though I expected Nursery Rhyme to come first.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:36   Link #4
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

AAAAAAHH!!!

Damn it, where's Hemi!! Where is he!!? Someone bring him here quick! We've gotta see how fast and hard he can moegasm per second!
Old 2008-12-18, 15:41   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Damn it, where's Hemi!! Where is he!!? Someone bring him here quick! We've gotta see how fast and hard he can moegasm per second!
Now, now -- this isn't that sort of message board... (Although, having witnessed this particular phenomenon out there on the Internets, it has certainly taken on a life of its own...)

But yes, this is something that a lot of us will be happy about. As I said in the eroge thread way back when, I'm hoping they have the guts to do a faithful adaptation and go for the true ending, because IMO it's just great. But that's all I have to say about that. I'm a little weary because Media Factory productions of eroge don't tend to be very faithful to the source (they tend to simplify them to be simpler, serialized, ecchi romantic comedies), but we'll see. IMO, the game was already made like an anime, so just simply animating the game would produce a very nice show.
Old 2008-12-18, 17:47   Link #6
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I foresee another Kanokon.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:13   Link #7
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That's a pretty rude way to put it, especially seeing as the only similarities between Kanokon and Tayutama are the kedamono heroines and nothing else.

I'm just hoping they don't rape my fond memories of the game.

Also, not moegasming yet as the fact has yet to sink in.
Old 2008-12-18, 18:41   Link #8
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I foresee another Kanokon.
Yeah, when you say something like that it shows you know absolutely nothing about Tayutama. Just informing you that indeed Tayutama is NOTHING like Kanokon.
Old 2008-12-18, 18:51   Link #9
Midonin
Last Engage

If anything, the premise gives me Oinari-sama/Kannagi vibes. Considering I enjoyed both of those series very much (well, what of Kannagi has aired), then I'll gladly watch this.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:56   Link #10
blitz1/2

Quote:
Yeah, when you say something like that it shows you know absolutely nothing about Tayutama. Just informing you that indeed Tayutama is NOTHING like Kanokon.
That's correct, I haven't played the game.

For people who had played the game, enlighten me if this is better than kanokon? How's the plot?

Old 2008-12-18, 19:28   Link #11
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I never watched Kanokon but I did heard things about it and I can tell as someone who has already played this game it's nothing like that.

The story is great! This is one of the best news I have heard these days!

MIFUYU FTW! hahahahahahahaha (too bad there is a 101% chances of getting mashiro's route in the anime)

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-12-18 at 20:14.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 20:06   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

A shame indeed. The Mifuyu path was sooooo good.

Anyway, this is a pleasant non-surprise. Now make sure that the VA cast stays the same, and we're in for an galgame adaption with high potential for a change.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 20:16   Link #13
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
A shame indeed. The Mifuyu path was sooooo good.

Anyway, this is a pleasant non-surprise. Now make sure that the VA cast stays the same, and we're in for an galgame adaption with high potential for a change.
As long as they keep Mifuyu's and Nue's VA I don't care

Also, I'm curious about who will voice Yuuri.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:16   Link #14
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
That's correct, I haven't played the game.

For people who had played the game, enlighten me if this is better than kanokon? How's the plot?
The problem isn't that you didn't know about Tayutama. The problem is that instead of simply asking what the plot is about, you decided to start things off with a completely uninformed, flippant, and arrogant comparison to Kanokon. I'll never understand what drives people like you to say such things without any foreknowledge of the subject matter, especially when you make remarks that people can easily turn around and make you look like an idiot soon afterwards. It's like you people have a penchant for pitiful displays of self-destruction.

For your question, this is a Lump of Sugar game. Every single one of their games has been at the bare minimum great, with one of their games Itsusora reaching extremely epic levels of awesomeness. Tayutama I would say is below Itsusora, but greater than Nursery Rhyme.

Tayutama is not some school ecchi-fest. And I enjoy school ecchi-fests, so that says quite a bit about Tayutama. To put it simply, there is far, far more elements involved in Tayutama, lots of real drama, and yes there's an actual plot.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:17   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If anything, the premise gives me Oinari-sama/Kannagi vibes. Considering I enjoyed both of those series very much (well, what of Kannagi has aired), then I'll gladly watch this.
I'd go with this as a close approximation, though maybe a bit more of the former than the later (it doesn't have the sort of otaku awareness factor that Kannagi has). Mashiro's personality is sort of a bit of a Belldandy, but more aggressive. The plot itself has very little emphasis on sex or ecchi circumstances, and mostly centers around Mashiro getting up to speed on modern life, and Yuuri's interaction with Mashiro, the other heroines, and Tayutai (spirits) at school and at the shrine he calls home. Because the plot centers around the spirit-world, the whole story has a bit of an otherworldly feel; it uses the school setting to sort of "ground" the story in a modern-day reality. The different Tayutai they encounter in the story can sort of have a bit of a "villain of the week" feel, except they all become a part of the larger story in some way (because the spirits aren't bad or evil, they're just out of control). Because of Yuuri's spiritual affinity, he plays a role in the various spiritual encounters, which often take the form of RPG-esque boss battles (with some interesting twists). The whole premise of "what if spirits were all around us", and "what if a goddess lived with us as a human" sort of reminds me a bit of something like Kamichu as well (though also very different).

So yeah, unless they decide to turn the game's story into an ecchi romantic comedy (which it never was to begin with, so is rather doubtful), I think this pretty far to the other end of the spectrum. It's still very much a "gal-ge" type of show (featuring the standard assortment of archetypes -- the childhood friend, the cousin who calls the lead "brother", the ojou-sama who starts off distant...), but is definitely a lot more serious and less sex-centric than something like Kanokon. In general, I think most who've played the game would agree that the plot is quite good, and the characters are great.

Quote:
To put it simply, there is far, far more elements involved in Tayutama, lots of real drama, and yes there's an actual plot.
What he said.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:22   Link #16
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'll second that for a while you're going to get a villain of the week vibe from the series and I looked at it that way too in the game.... until afterwards when it was explained that it's not all that simple.

EDIT: To get a little deeper into the plot, and I'll try not to spoiler anything, consider the issue of how to integrate tayutai into the modern world and how to foster a cooperative co-existence between humans and spirits. That's kind of the whole underlining issue running throughout the story.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:25   Link #17
blitz1/2

Quote:
The problem isn't that you didn't know about Tayutama. The problem is that instead of simply asking what the plot is about, you decided to start things off with a completely uninformed, flippant, and arrogant comparison to Kanokon. I'll never understand what drives people like you to say such things without any foreknowledge of the subject matter, especially when you make remarks that people can easily turn around and make you look like an idiot soon afterwards. It's like you people have a penchant for pitiful displays of self-destruction.

Tayutama is not some school ecchi-fest. And I enjoy school ecchi-fests, so that says quite a bit about Tayutama. To put it simply, there is far, far more elements involved in Tayutama, lots of real drama, and yes there's an actual plot.
meh...don't care about self destruction.

Well that's why I said I "foresee", if I did play the game, I would change the wording instead then.

Old 2008-12-18, 21:27   Link #18
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You know, if they're animating this, they better keep the domestic violence in. And it BETTER be well animated, and Yuuri BETTER be voiced pretty well during those scenes.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:28   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
meh...don't care about self destruction.
Clearly not.

Quote:
Well that's why I said I "foresee", if I did play the game, I would change the wording instead then.
Now that I think about it, my poor plot summary (which I hastely put together from memory) may be partly to blame because I sort of see how you could take it that way (but I also imagine that people who have played the game would also understand what I mean).

But yeah, suffice it to say... in retrospect, not exactly 20/20 vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
You know, if they're animating this, they better keep the domestic violence in. And it BETTER be well animated, and Yuuri BETTER be voiced pretty well during those scenes.
Way to say something that could be misinterpreted.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:37   Link #20
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

They should also keep those lines during the domestic violence scenes as is. It's already perfect that way. Changing it would be messing with perfection.

I mean, come on. You don't mess with perfection like this.

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, kemonomimi, romance, seinen, supernatural