Notices

Old 2010-04-19, 04:19   Link #221
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
I just came across real life / fictional comparison and I must say fugly =/

That doesn't really surprise me, though Saito is still quite a shock lol

However Araki Hijikata looks pretty good, don't you think?

Spoiler for Hijikata Toshizo:
Old 2010-04-19, 04:38   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For the best anime Hijikata comparison, watch Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. He looks just like the original.

Shame the original probably doesn't like mayonnaise.
Old 2010-04-19, 08:30   Link #223
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This anime reminds me why 2D is vastly prettier than 3D.

Oh god, those historical figures with no shame in exposing the bald top in that era
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 15:38   Link #224
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:

I just came across real life / fictional comparison and I must say fugly =/

Muahaha, I just snorted Sunkist out my nose. Made my day. Awww, the joys of poetic license. XD. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

However Araki Hijikata looks pretty good, don't you think?

Spoiler for Hijikata Toshizo:
LOL, yeah, he looks considerably better than the other two.

Now I just learned that yes, they did have guns back then and cameras too. Really not up to date on when things were invented. LoL.

Right now, dying over this pic, just something about the arrogant sneer lol. Hope it hasn't been posted already. Didn't know that there was a possible way to make sandals and socks work.
Spoiler for sexy evil doer!:
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:41   Link #225
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is it only me or is anyone reminded of Spock <CLIK> . Saito's descendants must sue S.Trek for Style Infrimgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Muahaha, I just snorted Sunkist out my nose. Made my day. Awww, the joys of Poetic license. XD. <3

Right now, dying over this pic, just something about the arrogant sneer lol. Hope it hasn't been posted already. Didn't know that there was a possible way to make sandals and socks work.
Spoiler for sexy evil doer!:

Dont know its Top knot or Camera Work , All the Meiji pics just look Grotesque . nope BISHIE license .

Strangely get Bonten (Amatsuki) Vibes ? ^^

Here is a Gintama/Live-Action/REAL/Hakuouki Comaprision

Old 2010-04-19, 18:36   Link #226
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

LOL at the real life comparisons. It's a reason why I try to avoid knowing what they look like in real life and just continue to dream at how they look on anime.

Quote:
That's the hottest Heisuke pic, I've seen yet.

EDIT: magazine scans...
Spoiler for save space:

Does anyone know how to create thumbnails for photobucket pics?

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-04-19 at 19:07.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:25   Link #227
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 2 was great, got to see Chizuru's potential with her short sword. I'm starting to beable to remember names and faces of the cast now, so that's a good thing too.
Old 2010-04-19, 20:10   Link #228
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Just saw ep3 raw.
Spoiler for ep 3 raw:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 21:02   Link #229
Shinkun
Fansubber

Finally starting to see some action. Ep4 looks like it will have a good battle too!
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:05   Link #230
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Lmao I just realized that the character designer for the anime is Nakajima Atsuko, that same Nakajima Atsuko I love! That must be why I loved the ending image

(inb4 I still need to watch ep 2 to 3 oh ho. ;; )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 16:14   Link #231
kitten320

Is it wrong for me to say that I'm glad that character designs are completly different from real life?
Old 2010-04-21, 04:11   Link #232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Is it wrong for me to say that I'm glad that character designs are completly different from real life?
I don't see what's wrong with that.

Anyway, I just watched episode 3, and was impressed with the fight scenes. Very nice. I'm not really sure how raids are supposed to work though. I always thought they would be quite chaotic but I didn't quite get that feeling with this raid.

I don't really care that Chizuru isn't proving to be very competant with a sword. i mean it's not like she's supposed to or would be able to become competant in a matter of days. However, I want to see her actually being more relevant to the plot. We still don't know how exactly her father ties into this, and she doesn't really have much of a role besides being the Shinsengumi's friend. She appears to be competent treating wounds, which would make sense if she's the daughter of a doctor, but that hasn't really been given much focus.

As for the Shinsengumi, I can't help but feel that their banter with each other, to portray them as good comrades, seems a litle forced. Does anyone else get that or is it just me? Oh about that, i need to look up Shinsengumi history because i don't have a fucking clue what's going on here...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 06:45   Link #233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As for the Shinsengumi, I can't help but feel that their banter with each other, to portray them as good comrades, seems a litle forced. Does anyone else get that or is it just me?
Personally i find the interaction between the Shinsengumi members to be done pretty well. I can easily feel the bond these people share during each scene. It's really well placed together, especially in episode three.
Old 2010-04-21, 06:50   Link #234
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hmmm...maybe I'm just in a melancholy mood today...
Old 2010-04-21, 08:46   Link #235
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Okita! Gatotsu! 05:44!!! <3<3<3
Old 2010-04-21, 08:48   Link #236
kitten320

Finally saw the subbed version.
For me series are getting better with each episode, the story progresses and action finally takes place. I also liked the two main villians, especially the blonde one. He completly messed up with souji and didn't even break a sweat.
Wonder what is with those arms of the other guy...

I also liked the scene where Chizuru, Shinpachi and Sano were running towards the festival^^
But at the same time it made me sad... I guess those two will be the first ones to die

Also liked how Souji tried to protect Chizuru without even knowing why

Though I hope that Chizuru will learn at least some basic fighting, otherwise she mostly gets in the way...
Old 2010-04-21, 09:55   Link #237
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with that.

Anyway, I just watched episode 3, and was impressed with the fight scenes. Very nice. I'm not really sure how raids are supposed to work though. I always thought they would be quite chaotic but I didn't quite get that feeling with this raid.

I don't really care that Chizuru isn't proving to be very competant with a sword. i mean it's not like she's supposed to or would be able to become competant in a matter of days. However, I want to see her actually being more relevant to the plot. We still don't know how exactly her father ties into this, and she doesn't really have much of a role besides being the Shinsengumi's friend. She appears to be competent treating wounds, which would make sense if she's the daughter of a doctor, but that hasn't really been given much focus.
That's true, and I agree that she's not expected to be any good with the sword yet, but it's not just that. It's just ridiculous that she had her sword sheathed the whole time. She could at least pretend to fight by having it out and ready. it makes no sense to run into a place like that without your sword out; it's not a matter of competence but a matter of common sense.

It seems like she'll just run around and expect to be rescued and tend to the sick.

*bids farewell to hopes of a kick ass female* hah.

oh well, plenty of other things to like about this show.

BTW, this thread is made of so much win with all the pics -- korekaramo!

Edit: And the color in the sub version is not saturated anymore, it seems. So no liver problems, PS, heh.

And i don't know why everyone is predicting deaths on this show -- if anything, this ep. showed us how fast they healed and how it seems like they'll take the more lighthearted route so that no one will be seriously injured. could be wrong. idk.

and what is that music during that cheesy (but sweet) scene when they both grabbed her hands? it sounds like some very familiar classical piece, can't put my fingers on it.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2010-04-21 at 10:09.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 10:17   Link #238
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

As for the Shinsengumi, I can't help but feel that their banter with each other, to portray them as good comrades, seems a litle forced. Does anyone else get that or is it just me? Oh about that, i need to look up Shinsengumi history because i don't have a fucking clue what's going on here...
They do it in Gintama as well I dont see the banter as anything wrong its a group of guys together, who are all skilled fighters so theyre gonna compete against eachother and banter the ones who dont perform well but I believe any of them would go into battle for eachother and probably die for the group which is what we've seen so far. You can be comrades and not always get along.

Btw they made Okita semi historical based, he did cough up blood

And hello red eyed bad guy <3
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 10:17   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
That's true, and I agree that she's not expected to be any good with the sword yet, but it's not just that. It's just ridiculous that she had her sword sheathed the whole time. She could at least pretend to fight by having it out and ready. it makes no sense to run into a place like that without your sword out; it's not a matter of competence but a matter of common sense.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched the episode. Saito even scold her about being defenceless when he saves her, she just nods and doesn't do anything about it

Nice episode. The bad guys are insanely strong, they beat up Okita and Heisuke effortlessly. Chizuru looked even cuter than usual in this episode, I also liked the scene with her and the two guys at the festival, though the end made me laugh a bit with the shoujo bubbles and the slow motion. Chizuru looked soooo happy that her harem is growing

More action in the next episode, it looks like the plot is moving fast.
Old 2010-04-21, 10:22   Link #240
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
They do it in Gintama as well I dont see the banter as anything wrong its a group of guys together, who are all skilled fighters so theyre gonna compete against eachother and banter the ones who dont perform well but I believe any of them would go into battle for eachother and probably die for the group which is what we've seen so far. You can be comrades and not always get along.
Now that I think about it, it's probably just seeing big and buff manly men acting all childish, that's probably doing it.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-21 at 10:50.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi