AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 19:02   Link #2921
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

You know, I always wondered why Goku didn't just use his instant transmission technique to teleport back to Kami's Tower and pick up more senzu beans. :P

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 19:05   Link #2922
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
You know, I always wondered why Goku didn't just use his instant transmission technique to teleport back to Kami's Tower and pick up more senzu beans. :P
probably because the senzu are usually made in batches, and probably the next batch isn't ready yet, the bag cell took was the remaining ones from the last batch
Old 2011-01-30, 20:30   Link #2923
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Easily the best part about this weeks episode was Furukawa Toshio's performance. He certainly put his all into the second half of this episode.
Yes, his delivery was nicely climactic. I also like the added (painted?) effects they gave to the same scene with 16 holding Cell. I'm sure that didn't happen in Z.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 00:00   Link #2924
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Yes, his delivery was nicely climactic. I also like the added (painted?) effects they gave to the same scene with 16 holding Cell. I'm sure that didn't happen in Z.
Yeah, that was nice. Sure helped the ending feel more "official" instead of the somewhat abrupt cutoff we get usually get in episodes that don't finish where the original DBZ one did.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 04:47   Link #2925
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's a shame we don't get more added like that. Sometimes the sudden endings just look so damn silly.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:55   Link #2926
GDB

I like how he says he's going to blow himself up, along with Cell, and everyone has this super shocked face of "My god... sacrificing yourself!?"

It seems they forgot that only Krillin should give any modicum of a damn about it. In fact, Trunks should be struggling to hold back a smile.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 16:59   Link #2927
Vicious108

Heh, I have to admit, that string of reaction shots was pretty ridiculous and exaggerated. Had to hold back laughter there.
Old 2011-01-31, 20:35   Link #2928
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I like how he says he's going to blow himself up, along with Cell, and everyone has this super shocked face of "My god... sacrificing yourself!?"

It seems they forgot that only Krillin should give any modicum of a damn about it. In fact, Trunks should be struggling to hold back a smile.
Well, #16 is saying he's about to detonate a bomb powerful enough to destroy a planet-crushing monster. (In fact the next scene is them all bracing for impact)

Spoiler for Next episode stuff:
Old 2011-02-01, 04:57   Link #2929
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for Next episode stuff:
Very true, though i guess there's no better way for 16 to be destroyed for a plot point that'll be coming up in the next episode.
Old 2011-02-05, 19:35   Link #2930
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Episode 92! Just so nothing is spoiled...

Spoiler for 92 and the preview:
Old 2011-02-05, 20:50   Link #2931
Vicious108

Quote:
Episode 92! Just so nothing is spoiled...

Spoiler for 92 and the preview:
Looking forward to this. I didn't feel the tracks chosen for the previous transformation sequences captured the moments all that well, so maybe they finally got it right with this one, what with it being arguably the most memorable one and most loved by the fans.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:00   Link #2932
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i found the piece used in the episode after Goku went super saiyan in the opening episode flashback fit the best.
Old 2011-02-06, 11:13   Link #2933
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The transformation sequence was too short, unlike Goku's first transformation into Super Saiyan. But I did like Android 16's use of Satan's ego to make him throw long. Interestingly enough, today is Superbowl Day in the U.S.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 11:56   Link #2934
Ahiru77
あひる

^ Well that just makes this a great day for all.

I loved Gohan's beautiful choir piece.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:49   Link #2935
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
The transformation sequence was too short
It was slightly shorter than the original version (by mere seconds only because they sped up the reaction shots of the Z fighters).

Interesting piece they used, although it's not quite as memorable as Unmei No Hi (just like we suspected).

Why did they keep in the filler of the Cell Jr. stopping Vegeta's Final Flash? It made absolutely no sense in the original version, so it should have been omitted here.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:29   Link #2936
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Why did they keep in the filler of the Cell Jr. stopping Vegeta's Final Flash? It made absolutely no sense in the original version, so it should have been omitted here.
At least they didn't have him call it Final Flash this time, so one could at least say it was just some other quick-cast version of Final Flash, like what he used against Recoome way back.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:49   Link #2937
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
At least they didn't have him call it Final Flash this time, so one could at least say it was just some other quick-cast version of Final Flash, like what he used against Recoome way back.
You're thinking of the English dub; in the Japanese version he didn't call it Final Flash either.

And the blast he did on Recoome wasn't a Final Flash. If you look carefully you'll notice the posture in his hands was slightly different upon releasing the blast. I know you know this, but I'm just clarifying here since this is a misconception amongst some viewers.
Old 2011-02-06, 18:07   Link #2938
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

lol, could Cell and Reporter Guy count any slower? The suspense's killing me! XD

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:34   Link #2939
Vicious108

Great episode. I'd recently reread this particular chapter so I'd forgotten how different from the manga version of the events the fight against the Cell Jrs. is in the anime, but it was great nonetheless and one of the best animated episodes in Z and it shows here.

Keeping Vegeta's failed FF was indeed stupid, but oh well. But there were some other things that were also rather nonsensical, like Yamucha and Tenshinhan being able to manhandle a Cell Jr. like that, yet I still love that moment to death (yay for them being useful and true companions to Goku once again) so I can't complain too much. All in all, I really like this fight if only because it's the first time we get a semblance of an all out "war" since the Nappa fight I believe, instead of the usual honor-bound one on one duels. I also greatly enjoyed Piccolo's kickass performance, which was what he truly deserved and didn't get in the manga.

As for the big moment, it suffered from the same issues the previous transformation scenes have IMO. Inferior music to the original and a little too rushed (this one WAS also quick in the original though, unlike Trunks'). I understand the transformations are quite fast in the manga and they're trying to be more faithful to it here, but if there's one thing where padding makes the anime more epic, it's in those. So yeah, while Kai has definitely become the definitive version of animated DB, them transformation sequences are still better in Z tbqh. I also missed the chirping of the birds. =/

But still, while inferior (to the admittedly high standard that'd been set by Spirit vs Spirit) the music was still good and fitting enough, and Nozawa's scream was as heartfelt as ever even 18 years later. Props to her. So pretty good scene nonetheless, even if I don't like what Gohan becomes like as a result of it (personality-wise that is, SSJ2 at least looks damn cool).

Mr. Satan was awesome in this episode too and showed the first signs of the true bravery underneath his charlatan persona. And a great finale for #16's character of course, who was a pretty endearing side character.

This arc should be done by episode... 96, I guess? I think it's about time for them announce which timeslot or channel they're switching to already. >_>
Old 2011-02-06, 20:04   Link #2940
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least Vegeta didn't say it was a Final Flash though from the posture you'd figure that's what he'd use. I can get wanting Vegeta to show off how annoyed he is being held back by that one opponent, but still it just makes one shake their head.

Also honestly I thought the music used for Gohan's transformation sucked. I'm not even saying compared to the original. Just not a fan of the tone they were going for. Considering this is a huge moment for Gohan could have given him some seriously good music. Vegeta's failed power-up against Freeza way back was far better than this.