AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-13, 19:43   Link #381
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for re: translation:
Spoiler for re:re:
Old 2012-04-13, 19:46   Link #382
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Really, he looks like Apollo to me. Even if Kagura is depicted as more ginger in concept art, his hair is still pretty reddish, not so carrot-like.
Nah, it's Kagura. It's just the way Kurahana draws him. The anime designer would draw him with longer hair, yeah, but if you look at how she's been drawing him this whole time.... Also, Eiji Kaneda still does Sousei's illustrations for the cards along side the anime character designer who I don't remember the name for. So I think it's safe to assume the character designers are sticking with their respective series.

Spoiler for sousei's cards:
Old 2012-04-13, 23:11   Link #383
ZetaAEUG

Ugh, the interview translation bugs me and I feel disappointed with where this is going. I really didn't want this anime to degenerate into a Kagura monster-of-the-week battle with Amata for Mikono's affection every episode with Mykage/Zen pulling the strings behind the scene knowing what's really going on.
Old 2012-04-14, 00:03   Link #384
Mangaka-chan

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet (and I can't find the text in Japanese, so you'll have to take my word for it ) , but in this month's issue of PASH Chinatsu Kurahana, the character designer for the male characters and the one who drew the first ED illustrations had something interesting to say about the characters as they appear in the ED.

Spoiler for based on interview from May issue of PASH:
Old 2012-04-14, 01:59   Link #385
crayven

Thank you Kuromitsu for your translation.

Also:
Spoiler for :

Why.

And
Old 2012-04-14, 02:20   Link #386
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
is that kagura or amata? it looks more like apollo. i really don't get why apollo can look the same but silvia/celiane can't?
well i still hold to the idea that's there more to Kagura's appearance than is let on. There hasn't been reincarnations yet that have looked THAT identical to their past life which makes me feel that there's something unnatural about Kagura that is bound to come up.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:36   Link #387
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Now that Kagura said "that freaking line". The more I want his ass kick by Amata!

Whats wrong with Mikono, ain't she giving a wrong impression to both of the two guys?

Look at Amata, he is depressed again...

Damn, stop that smiling Kagura!!!
Old 2012-04-14, 03:02   Link #388
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
-The power of mushrooms is to strengthen friendships (WHAT?)
-Mikono's power = the power of mushrooms (....wat, btw see above)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Mushrooms... I have no clue what's going on
You guys should try to see the scan itself before deciphering the context of the summary

This (thanks to Ravenblitz!) is the scan for the "Mushroom" part lol, and as you can see it was the headline/catchphrase of the article. The "mushroom"... Thingy... Is kinda like... Uh, an analogy of Mikono's Connection power (which in turn, can create unlimited bonds I guess).

More precisely, the analogy of her power is compared to the function of a 菌糸 (IPAD ZOOMING FOR THE LULZ. I AM NO BIOLOGICIAN, NO INCENTIVE TO BUY PASH KTHX), or in English a Mycelia.

If you ask me, yeah, it's a BAD analogy/comparison. So very weird and not even obscure anymore and totally wtf my common knowledge is not even-- kind of analogy.

... Why do I feel like I only post for correcting stuffs and broke the 'suspense'...?

Old 2012-04-14, 04:05   Link #389
Zuul

Here come the explanation of the weird tranlation.

Mikono is a bad girl because she manipulates men was wrongly translated as connects men.

Thank you for the translation.

I suppose the one unconciously manipulated is Amata.
Poor dude.

Okada is still a bit harsh to Mikono even if I understand her point. Amata is also 'warui' for not noticing Zessica's feelings and hurting her acting all lovey dovey to Mikono in front of her.

But I suppose since he's male and the hero he gets a free pass on it, while Mikono is blamed for something similar because the chick love interest of the hero is trditionnally supposed to be cute and completelly supportive and devoted to the guy.

I'm glad it isn't the case here and there is a bit much to Mikono than that.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-14 at 04:43.
Old 2012-04-14, 05:27   Link #390
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You can't really blame Amata for not noticing Zessica's feelings, can you?

Old 2012-04-14, 05:39   Link #391
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You can't really blame Amata for not noticing Zessica's feelings, can you?
She was trying to confess this episode and he didn't even listen to her let alone give her a proper rejection.

I blame him, yes.
Old 2012-04-14, 05:50   Link #392
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
She was trying to confess this episode and he didn't even listen to her let alone give her a proper rejection.

I blame him, yes.
Are you sure you want to use this argument?

Maybe you should recall what their situation was again...
Old 2012-04-14, 07:32   Link #393
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, it was a very chaotic situation. And we still don't know what he understood... And what, if anything, is he going to do about it.

Still too soon for the blame game, IMHO.

Old 2012-04-14, 08:18   Link #394
Vena
Carpe Diem

I wouldn't even call what Zessica did in Ep. 15 a confession or at the very least not something intended as one. She was just admitting to her weakness or, what would be a better word, dark hopes given everything. She certainly wasn't saying it with any strength nor was she saying it directly to Amata (she was getting quieter and quieter).

Edit: That the rest of the show would be the fight between Amata and Kagura over Mikono seems like a non-detail. That's what the show has been thus far anyway, why even say this?

Last edited by Vena; 2012-04-14 at 08:30.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:39   Link #395
miketyson

In re: mushroom power, at the level of grade school biology there's the three kingdoms of animals, plants, and fungi, and the grade-school understanding of the fungal kingdom is that it's responsible for breaking down dead organic matter (so that it can be used by new life, etc.). That's a superficial, grade-school level understanding, but it seems to fit with both Mikono's ability and much of what Zen was saying about it in episode 14 (and Kawamori loves things that come in threes, too).

So to the extent there's anything more to "mushrooms" beyond the obvious I'm going to guess that that's all there is to it.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:19   Link #396
mayumi

giant facepalm for -
Quote:
-There's no rule saying that lovers in previous life must be lovers in this life
i guess this is why silvia will never be shown in this show. thank goodness and i can continue to dislike both kagura and mikono
Quote:
-The key to Mykage's motivation is a certain incident 12000 years ago
only thing i can think of is sirius/reika/silvia/apollo incident.

and if mikono really is not sylvie then she is screwing over who ever really is sylvie being center of attention of everything.

mikono's mushroom power reminds me of tree of life's pods which held people. lets not forget in the last episode silvia's spirit entered the tree of life so just like zessica in ep 14, maybe that's how silvia got the connecting power at the end in the first place.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-04-14 at 11:36.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:15   Link #397
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Edit: That the rest of the show would be the fight between Amata and Kagura over Mikono seems like a non-detail. That's what the show has been thus far anyway, why even say this?
I was laughing at this part, the whole show so far is only about this.
Agree that Mikono's power description sounds very fitting for the tree of life.
And if some twist would come it would be Mikono not being Silvia. She has all cards for this to happen.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:52   Link #398
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Mikono's power being similar to that of the Tree of Life...wow, that really is a good point.

What if Mikono isn't Sylvia at all but just the reincarnation of the Tree of Life? Now that would be an act of epic trollery. One theory is that Amata is the reincarnation of Apollonius' Wings of the Sun, so if he can be the reincarnation of a bunch of feathery appendages, who's to say that someone couldn't be the reincarnation of a very special tree?

However, if that's the case, I wonder what Mykage is after? If he wants the Tree of Life to flower, then, uh...he's going to have problems, unless Mikono literally turns into a tree. Or the True Eve actually means "woman who is the reincarnation of the tree of life", and Mykage has sold that to Vega as "this is the one woman you can rely on, so go and find her for me" while perhaps wanting her for another reason.

I can see it now: the series will end with Mikono becoming a tree. Yes.

(The EVOL series premise could be something like "The romance of the Wings of the Sun and the Tree of Life, with conflicting feelings coming into play from Apollo-Kagura and Silvia-Zessica." )

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-04-14 at 12:02. Reason: spelling
Old 2012-04-14, 12:37   Link #399
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post

"woman who is the reincarnation of the tree of life"
It's most likely this, it would explain how one woman can bring life to the almost dead planet.
Old 2012-04-14, 14:52   Link #400
Vena
Carpe Diem

Minor or major detail being overlooked is the inconsistency of smells. Amata our possible object incarnate has no smell but Mikono most certainly does, never mind that the whole thing between her and Kagura is ripped right from the end of the OS. So why would wings be odorless but a tree not? Why would a tree smell like Sylvia...

Remember also that Mykage spoke of two flowers to bloom for a garden. Izumo's eve is likely Zess, Mykage's is Mikono.