AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-23, 13:30   Link #2001
Necro-

seens shinsen has finally caught up to aniyoshi with subs as theyre at ep 15 with aniyoshi still at 14!

also is the manga good like better than the anime or is it on par with the anime like few manga/anime are (claymore)
Necro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 14:02   Link #2002
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I think when Kazuma gets his azz handed to him, we'll see a nice big developement in the Kazano relationship, I think its almost time to see that event

altho as I've said before I don't mind how things are atm, I'm enjoying the series and not really bothered atm for any huge developments.

now is it me or is hot springs like a anime law #101
Old 2007-07-23, 14:29   Link #2003
UPR

well if we want to see the relationship progress this can be a perfect situation for it, adding Katherine will be there so Ayano's Jealousy will go of the chart's.

as if it's anime law there atleast will be a ep with hot springs or beach ep.
Old 2007-07-23, 15:37   Link #2004
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well you have to consider that Catherine was challenging the Kannagi title for strongest fire user, so basically Ayano was fighting on behalf of her family name. That said, like Ayano said in ep 14

Spoiler for ep14:

Considering that Ayano was just proving her strength as a Kannagi she would fight on even terms with Catherine's families' strength, which is summoning familiars. I would believe that a cheap shot at the master would not be a honourable defeat of another family and prove nothing in terms of which is the more powerful family. So Ayano must battle one on one with the familiar rather than the master. Offcourse were it a realy battle (of life and death) I feel she probably would just aim for the master.

You also have to realise that in ep 14

Spoiler for ep14:
I don't think that playing by your opponents strengths and losing would prove they are stronger than you in any way. Thats like being a swordsman and throwing rocks at archer because the poor guy wouldn't stand a chance in close combat anyway

If she can't handle Ayano's attack then she is not stronger. I don't think of it as a cheap shot - it is common sense to do so. Well, either way - i don't think Ayano even thought that much - just like a bull who goes for the red cloth instead of the matador I think this had more to do with her simply being 'dumb', instead of wanting to prove something
Old 2007-07-23, 16:09   Link #2005
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Agreed. And even if she wanted to go after the summon, she should have used the purification flame much earlier.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 16:50   Link #2006
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

So, was that policewoman's concern with Megatron () running around slicing demons just that they were doing it were bystanders might get involved?
Old 2007-07-23, 17:55   Link #2007
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
So, was that policewoman's concern with Megatron () running around slicing demons just that they were doing it were bystanders might get involved?
OHH how dare you not name Kirika-sama! Thats BLASPHEMY I tell you!! I will stirke you down with lightning more powerful than the thunder god!

to answer ur question.....eh not really sure but I guess that would be the case, battling away in crowded areas is cause for concern. Its all about tatics much like the ep itself.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:26   Link #2008
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
OHH how dare you not name Kirika-sama! Thats BLASPHEMY I tell you!! I will stirke you down with lightning more powerful than the thunder god!
Ohh i hear that Kirika is one the better characaters, and she does not hold back on trying to give Ayano grief on trying to take Kazuma.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:26   Link #2009
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i guess this is what they call a fighter's spirit :3 for ayano she had to prove herself by defeating catherine but as we can see she isnt a melee type fighter like ayano being more of a "spellcaster" type controling familiars and such ~ i would say that there wouldnt have been a point to the match if she aimed for Catherine and not the familiar given that this would be considered "cheating" in a way ~ and of im sure she would be smart enough to have her familiar defend herself if attacked so maybe ayano didnt see any point in aiming for her at all ~ besides beating the familiar does mean that Catherine loses and its not like she is offering any support to metatron...

and its a given rule to use your trump card last in defense for her lateness in using the "purification flame"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:28   Link #2010
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The purification flame isn't a trump card. Or at least, it shouldn't be.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:30   Link #2011
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

in her case...it is...i mean what other "ace attacks" does she have? *shrugs* dont say the red flame of doom cause that was a fluke O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-23, 18:33   Link #2012
UPR

that is why her father hired Kazuma as a bodyguard. Well one of 2 reason, 1. Protecting her and teaching how to battle against things that come up; 2. Getting them together.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:33   Link #2013
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I mean that purifying flame should be her primary weapon. Her job is to fight youmas, not to set stuff on fire.

And if it means she has no "trump card", well, tough.
Old 2007-07-23, 18:33   Link #2014
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, MacDonlads...... At least it wasn't a generic name like Smiths.

Good to see Ayano getting closer to Kazuma.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 18:39   Link #2015
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

she prefers to blast/chop youma's to pieces so poor youma's no afterlife for you but the way i took it is that her purification technique is a level above your average "throwing fireballs" spell which is a method that requires less effort for her...lazy perhaps? iirc only the main branch can properly "purify" so it can be considered a special skill...

Old 2007-07-23, 20:35   Link #2016
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i guess this is what they call a fighter's spirit :3 for ayano she had to prove herself by defeating catherine but as we can see she isnt a melee type fighter like ayano being more of a "spellcaster" type controling familiars and such ~ i would say that there wouldnt have been a point to the match if she aimed for Catherine and not the familiar given that this would be considered "cheating" in a way ~ and of im sure she would be smart enough to have her familiar defend herself if attacked so maybe ayano didnt see any point in aiming for her at all ~ besides beating the familiar does mean that Catherine loses and its not like she is offering any support to metatron...

and its a given rule to use your trump card last in defense for her lateness in using the "purification flame"
That's what i just said, the fact that the battle here wasn't really a serious one, it's more of a duel and likewise going for cheap shots like at the master won't really prove her strength... She had a point to prove and probably wanted to match Catherine's powers with her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
I don't think that playing by your opponents strengths and losing would prove they are stronger than you in any way. Thats like being a swordsman and throwing rocks at archer because the poor guy wouldn't stand a chance in close combat anyway
Perhaps but you have to understand that it wasn't mean to be a real life or death battle... It's more or less like a little spar where she wants to fight on even terms with Catherine's form of power, so as to prove a point that she is stronger.
Old 2007-07-23, 22:53   Link #2017
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I hope Catherine/Katherine stays as long as possible (and not die).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 00:23   Link #2018
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow episode 15 was quite boring. I'm back to being half-bored with this series now that the Ren arc/dates are over. This love/hate relationship is old. Please progress in some way.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 01:53   Link #2019
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wow episode 15 was quite boring. I'm back to being half-bored with this series now that the Ren arc/dates are over. This love/hate relationship is old. Please progress in some way.
lol you are pretty hard to plz... I don't know about you, but i feel there are some progression to ayano x Kazuma's relationship (although probably more on Ayano's part then Kazuma's)

Through out ep 13 and 14

Spoiler for ep 13 and 14:
Old 2007-07-24, 04:05   Link #2020
anime_addict90

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That's what i just said, the fact that the battle here wasn't really a serious one, it's more of a duel and likewise going for cheap shots like at the master won't really prove her strength... She had a point to prove and probably wanted to match Catherine's powers with her own.

Perhaps but you have to understand that it wasn't mean to be a real life or death battle... It's more or less like a little spar where she wants to fight on even terms with Catherine's form of power, so as to prove a point that she is stronger.
I agree with you but I also would like to see something big on kazuma's part as well instead of just playing with ayano.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen