AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-18, 20:39   Link #461
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Send a message via AIM to ffnovice7 Send a message via MSN to ffnovice7
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Binged on this manga.....

IS GREAT!

Jin-Ho has BALLS! He actually...........ACTS! It's revolutionary I tell you!!
There are fewer things more spiritually satisfying than marathoning something you cherish. Pleasure=good::Pain=bad.

Here's to hoping Lim actually finishes this instead of leaving us in the dirt like last time.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:18   Link #462
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Binged on this manga.....

IS GREAT!

Yes, some people have bashed him for punching a girl though. His balls are too big sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffnovice7 View Post
There are fewer things more spiritually satisfying than marathoning something you cherish. Pleasure=good::Pain=bad.

Here's to hoping Lim actually finishes this instead of leaving us in the dirt like last time.
He has said in his blog that he wants to finish this, so don't worry. It'll be concluded.
Old 2011-02-20, 18:21   Link #463
Dorsai

Quote:
How can you tell that idiot who punch girls have balls? If he would be real character i would gladly beat to pulp...

Moreover- we know from begining who will be final pair, she loves him and he loves her... Manga have 74 chapters, but he still cant get girl... Then where is difference between him and a lot of harem main heroes? End here and there is always the same- 100+ chapters till hero get girl- where are his balls now?

For me its good that he drop this series for now and can focus on his better works...
Old 2011-02-20, 21:20   Link #464
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
How can you tell that idiot who punch girls have balls? If he would be real character i would gladly beat to pulp...
You're basically white knighting bitches who stole the skirt of a girl and beat her face bloody. The funny thing is of course, that Jin-Ho basically called out people like you for their idiocy: "Girls, a good fuckin' excuse." You might think you are some kind of "Man's man" because you would never hit a girl no matter what kind of abhorrent human being she is. Well, I've got news for you: you're just a tool.

Quote:
Moreover- we know from begining who will be final pair, she loves him and he loves her... Manga have 74 chapters, but he still cant get girl... Then where is difference between him and a lot of harem main heroes? End here and there is always the same- 100+ chapters till hero get girl- where are his balls now?
HEY GUYS JIN-HO IS YOUR TYPICAL INCOMPETENT HAREM LEAD HURR DURR DURR

I can't believe I have to explain this to someone:
The difference between him and your typical shounen romance harem-idiot is that Jin-Ho actually has to overcome a REAL problem, it's not dumb teenage-angst that keeps them apart. So in turn, the author gives him a personality that can actually function in the real world. Put the guy from Good Ending in Jin-Ho's shoes and you would get 70 chapters of...absolutely fuckin' nothing because a situation like this is just out of his league. If an emotionally confused Highschool girl almost brings him to his breaking point, how would he deal with a real social taboo in form of a student-teacher relationship? Yeah exactly, he wouldn't.
Old 2011-02-20, 21:43   Link #465
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Switch your perspective for a moment. Jin Ho, by punching that girl, doesn't acknowledge her as the stereotype of a girl who needs to be "protected." He doesn't help socially reproduce her identity as "victim" who needs men to "defend" her. He pretty much shatters a gender stereotype rather than perpetuate it, to bring male and female on a truly equal field. That is, whether it's boy or girl, if they act like a monster they get the same treatment. I think feminists actually might like Jin Ho in that situation.

I would never do that myself even if she was being an asshole, but that's just cause I'd be acting within my perspective. But I realize, in that specific scene, mine isn't the only valid one. Not to say that him punching her sat all right with me, but I can see the angle he was coming from.
Old 2011-02-20, 22:44   Link #466
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I would never do that myself even if she was being an asshole, but that's just cause I'd be acting within my perspective. But I realize, in that specific scene, mine isn't the only valid one. Not to say that him punching her sat all right with me, but I can see the angle he was coming from.
Yeah, I think a slap would have been better. The only time you punch a girl is when she can take it on even ground. I think he should have slapped her or something. But Im Dal Young is always beating on the girls... so yeah.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:23   Link #467
Dorsai

Like DragoZERO said slapp would be enough... He had a lot better ways to deal with this bitch and he still choose the worst...

Not mine, im not fan of shounen romance harem idiots... I saw student-teacher forbidden relationship in a lot of films, books, mangas... Never liked it, but its only my personal preference... Ofc its more complicated problem then that you can see in typical shounen harem mangas, but try to read seinen mangas or good books and you will see real tragic problems... And ofc they are not only deal with student-teacher taboo all 70+ chapters, did they? Jin Ho probably encounter typical problems in this kind of manga like misunderstandings, love rivals etc If it will be only this one problem it will end fast...
And whats real problem? i dont know how it works in Korea, but cant she simply change school and teach in another? Then problem will desapear and it will be nothing bad in this kind of relationship...
One thing bother me- in shoujo manga or manhwa student-teacher relationship never is real problem... Main girl usually must overcome typical shoujo problems, but noone care that her love interest or one of love possible interest is her teacher... Ofc shoujo sometimes are idealistic, but its strange that here its really tragic problem and not only in shoujo, but in some shounen or seinen its really not a problem...

I dont really like korean dramas... For me korean authors are good in two types of manhwas and comics:

- comedy (Zippy Ziggy, Aspirin);
- web comics (TOG, Trace, Noblesse, Kubera).

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-02-21 at 10:50.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:32   Link #468
ZODDGUTS

Ah yes the good ole you can't hit girls argument because their girls.

Anyways that bitch got what she deserve. Now she'll know not to fuck with someone ever again. And yes JIN-HO rocks because he's got he's shit together unlike other male leads in shonen romance series.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:40   Link #469
Dorsai

Yeaa its really hard in view of the fact that 95% of shounen romances are average or less... If you want to compare it with sth then compare it with good examples of romances, not with sh1t...
Old 2011-02-21, 11:23   Link #470
Iron21

Jin-Ho = IM-Dal Young best male lead character.
Old 2011-02-21, 11:42   Link #471
Xagzan

Why would Jin Ho slapping a girl be any better than hitting her? Not saying he should just do it any old time he wants, but when she was bloodying up his friend, why slapping over punching. It's interesting to examine that expectation and its consequences: "At most, slap the girl, but don't punch her." What expectations lead to that statement? Is it one of seeing that girl, no matter how awful, unconditionally as a "victim?" Is there something inherent in her identity as female that necessitates her "protection" by a male or at least, necessitates a "softer" way of dealing with her? Does that identity of female intrinsically preclude certain forms of "punishment," like punching, that would be used for a male? And what consequences does it have to think like that? Does it reproduce in a male (and female?) mind the idea/concept of a girl as weak, "naturally" unable to take the hit and needing to be handled more delicately, thereby reinforcing the idea of male as "protector" and "dominant?"

Point is, Jin Ho doesn't approach her as many would, subconsciously seeing her as one who needs to be "defended" only because she's "female." Like I said, he takes a big old hammer to that gender stereotype that's actively at work in many male minds, producing the concepts, identities and qualities of a "girl," and shatters it like glass. We might not take his same approach in the same situation, but I have to admit it's a valid one. As long as he didn't just go around beating up only girls to be a dick. That I would find really objectionable.
Old 2011-02-21, 14:35   Link #472
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wanna see Jin punch another bitch
Old 2011-02-22, 07:54   Link #473
solomon

I'd only hit a woman if they approached me in a combative stance like a male.......

more to the point, that's missing the forest for the trees. I was referring to Jin-Ho's character primarily in relationship to Sunsengeem. After a while he is so comfortable with her, that he teases her. It's actually SHE that is all flustered and meandering about, where as Jin-Ho is much more forceful and assertive, just like Carrie pointed out.

This is very very uncommon in these types of manga...er manwha stories. It was real refreshing to not see a Keitaro/Tenchi type for like the UMPTEENTH time.

You know what'd be cool? If a Korean studio adopted it for anime form, it'd be awesome!
Old 2011-02-24, 14:41   Link #474
solomon

Did some recon,

DAMN Lim Dal Young is A MACHINE pumping out scenarios. Concepts are generic, but execution is decent over all,

I've taken a look at;

Unbalancex2
Freezing
Kurokami
Onihime VS.
The Phantom God
Chronicles of Miaia

After Unbalance, favorites are Kurokami (little girl heavyweight demon boxing for the win!) and Onihime for the funny characters (Rena in particular) and great art.
Old 2011-03-21, 09:54   Link #475
jzmagic
flargansbog

75 is out.

Spoiler for 75:
Old 2011-03-21, 11:33   Link #476
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 75:
Old 2011-03-21, 12:59   Link #477
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 75:
To be fair, a lot of the series has already been like that. Remember the class trip? Jin Ho and Hae Young get lost, he almost dies, she gets bit by a snake. Lots of "OH NOES" all around. Nothing new about it in this chapter.

But there's less than a volume left now, I would be very shocked if suddenly Hae Young got killed off. And extremely pissed.
Old 2011-03-21, 13:39   Link #478
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Be warned though... I understand that while manga generally (though not always) goes for the happy, more often than not harem, ending, especially in a situation like this... manwha is the exact opposite, having a tendency to lean towards the bad, solitude ending

hopefully though, this one won't go that way, and we'll get ourselves a good solid happy relationship ending (well, I can at least hope)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2011-03-21, 18:35   Link #479
Iron21

Damn you IM-Dal!!! Please don't do this!

I'm going to rage hard.
Old 2011-03-21, 19:05   Link #480
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Be warned though... I understand that while manga generally (though not always) goes for the happy, more often than not harem, ending, especially in a situation like this... manwha is the exact opposite, having a tendency to lean towards the bad, solitude ending

hopefully though, this one won't go that way, and we'll get ourselves a good solid happy relationship ending (well, I can at least hope)
This is pretty much why most of us are not ruling out a bad/tragic ending. But I would seriously rage if it happened, having waited so many years for this to finish. And the worst part about it is, I would still continue reading Young's other works as well because they're damn good
Closed Thread

Tags
manhwa, romance