AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 21:04   Link #901
kitten320

So Nitta has a brother that he does not acknowledge? Interesting...

I wonder if Bold is the one to cause trouble in Mutta's future.

I don't see this ending next episode so it most likely will keep rolling.
Old 2013-03-05, 21:26   Link #902
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'm betting it's a bastard half-brother.
That or maybe the brother is into drugs and not together?

Bold's the one who will give Mutta shit in the future. Gotta be.
Old 2013-03-10, 01:36   Link #903
Utsuro no Hako

Well, I gained a little respect for Bold this week when he told off his partner for thinking women were a handicap. And I'm actually looking forward to him and Mutta having a chance to interact since they both seem to have misinformed impressions of the other right now.

And I must say, Kenji looks quite dapper in uniform (unlike the rest of the team, who look like doofuses).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:00   Link #904
ookamigirl

Think Mutta has the wrong idea about Ben.
Things are not gonna be easy at all.
The desert training was not very eventful.
New episode was kinda so-so. Hope next one will be better.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:07   Link #905
cyth
Banned

I wonder what kind of T-shirt Lowry is wearing.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:19   Link #906
Kirarakim

Bold did earn a couple points from me with that line about women (and I am glad we have three regular female characters this arc). It is probably the one thing he said that earned my respect.

However there are some things that just annoy me about Bold

*That he would judge Mutta just by his profile. I am sorry but no instructor should do that. I am sure Mutta will gain his respect in the end and that's good storytelling but then I think Mutta shouldn't have to prove he is not a lost cause. Mutta should only have to prove what he is, not what he is not.

*The no question thing irritated me to no end. Okay maybe he doesn't want them to ask things he already said but asking questions actually shows intelligence not stupidity. Apparently he doesn't want the trainees to think about questions and expand their knowledge. They are going on fricking survival training, of course people should be asking whatever comes to their mind. Bold should encourage questions not discourage them.

*And finally I don't care that Bold wants to save time, he's fricking speeding and putting the lives of people in the car and on the road at risk. I don't care how military trained you are, that's just a shitty thing to do.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:42   Link #907
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mutta instantly took a liking to Bold... I didn't expect that
His opinion will most likely change once he learns more about him though.

I can't wait to see how Nitta will perform in the position of leader next week. This probably won't got as smoothly as with Kenji. He wants to win and he's going to push them beyond their limits, and as result tension will obviously arise.
Old 2013-03-10, 13:01   Link #908
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When I saw the scene in the preview where Mutta knocks Nitta to the ground, I thought to myself, "at least Mutta didn't choose to head-butt him!"
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:45   Link #909
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really want to see Bold arrested at some point during his stupid speeding nonsense. I'm sure putting him in jail for endangering the lives of the people in his vehicle and on the road would be a good way to piss him off. I'm sure his discrimination based on having/not having military background would go great in prison...

About the only thing Bold did right was not discriminate against the women. But otherwise he's just proving himself to be ridiculous. Adding excessive work to the program because he doesn't want to waste time or not allowing questions. Just keeps reminding me why I never expect this guy to go into space. He'd either drive people insane or get someone killed because he was in a hurry.
Old 2013-03-10, 14:01   Link #910
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Just a small question about Bold's driving, they are showing the odometer in mph instead of kmh right? Just because if it was 100kmh its not that fast for the us, but might be fast in regards to japanese speed limits, though don't know anything about japanese speed limits.

Interesting that Mutta liked Bold. Seems Bison and Bold get along well enough. Though Bold earned some points for bring about the equality issue. Poor Lowry i wanted to see his shirt. Nitta seems to be concerned about other problems besides his training. From the preview at least Mutta doesn't use a head but.
Old 2013-03-10, 14:30   Link #911
Gravitas Free Zone

Pretty sure it was MPH. As it is, if Bold messes up at all, he'll end up smearing anywhere from one to three astronaut candidates all over I-45.

There should be some missing pieces to Bold's background as a character/nominal real person. He's not demonstrated much in the way of teamwork, or, for that matter, basic politeness, so I wonder how he fits into the scheme of things that the series is presenting to us as space exploration circa 2025.

He fits the pattern for the test pilot/The Right Stuff/Guld-vs-Isamu hotshot thing, but I don't see NASA putting him in a can with two to five other people for six to twelve months at a time. Perhaps a large portion of his job is to be a surrogate Drill Instructor... and only on the ground?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:06   Link #912
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The fastest I've ever driven in my life was in east Texas in the 1980s as I headed toward Houston in my friend's VW Scirocco. We were on a two-lane road with no one around in an entirely flat area where you could see in all directions for miles. At one point as we were cruising along I looked down at the speedometer to see we were doing 110 (mph). Given the terrain I thought we were doing more like 75-80.

Still I wouldn't have driven on the I-10 at anything near that speed. Even if I didn't care about being arrested, I do care about putting the drivers around me at risk.

I also wondered about the whole notion of varying from course plan just on the basis of some whim by the instructor(s). My sense is that NASA is a highly-structured organization where everyone follows the book because that is what you need to do to survive in space.
Old 2013-03-10, 16:09   Link #913
Kirarakim

I just hope the message will be that he is wrong to speed not that Mutta can take the speeding but I am a bit worried about that.
Old 2013-03-10, 22:22   Link #914
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Nothing against Bold and it'd be interesting to see someone go toe to toe with Mutta....but I think we all know whatever Mutta does, Bold will probaly wind up respecting him in the end. Afterall...I don't think this show's about to have Mutta wind up losing now

But dammit....I wanna know what the Indian chick saw!

Otherwise, yay for Bold for sticking up for the women but otherwise, what a dick teacher. I agree that there's no way in hell that NASA would put up with someone like that.
Old 2013-03-10, 23:08   Link #915
Utsuro no Hako

My guess is Bold will wreck while Mutta's in the car and they'll be trapped inside -- but it turns out Mutta designed the car and is able to use his knowledge to get them out.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 23:40   Link #916
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Dispite his bias opinions, it seems that Bold treats everyone equally, equally bad that is
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 23:43   Link #917
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
But dammit....I wanna know what the Indian chick saw!
She immediately turns to Serika and whispers to her afterward. I wondered if it had something to do with her and Mutta.
Old 2013-03-10, 23:47   Link #918
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
She immediately turns to Serika and whispers to her afterward. I wondered if it had something to do with her and Mutta.
He will get rejected by Serika for his future confession, but he will do okay in the training
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 07:06   Link #919
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As a heads-up for Crunchyroll viewers, SB will now be simulcast at 11:00 pm ET on Saturday nights to reflect its move to the Saturday afternoon time slot in Japan. The time change begins tonight.
Old 2013-03-16, 08:09   Link #920
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
As a heads-up for Crunchyroll viewers, SB will now be simulcast at 11:00 pm ET on Saturday nights to reflect its move to the Saturday afternoon time slot in Japan. The time change begins tonight.
Which means for me it doesn't change and I will still be watching it on Sunday.

Tags
science fiction, seinen