AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 03:52   Link #621
ariadust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Hmm... I think Haruki said like that too so it can actually be to manage the balancing of the two female lead
after all, there're some indication which showed Haruki notice more about Kazusa rather than Setsuna

Well Setsuna was the main point which made Haruki to have a determination and a chance to continue their light music club, so he said it for at least to show his gratitude towards her after all Haruki was the one who pushed Setsuna into joining their club but he made Setsuna felt like being left out so it could also be his way of apologizing for making her feel that way

balancing the story is really one of the plus point of this series
They do it so well that it is very difficult for the viewers to side anyone, which will make the later events so heartbreaking.....
ariadust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 05:20   Link #622
Tenzen12

Realy? I have no problem with that so far

Though I don't dislike Ogiso as much as I usually do with characters of her type (characters that are too Hung on protagonists without aspirations of their own.)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 05:34   Link #623
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

To tell the truth, I was really immersed in the story too much that at first I didn't really care about it (well I just like Kazusa more than Setsuna but even until later on I didn't really notice/care about which faction I chose)
and mostly because of the mindset for it being a Visual Novel / Bishoujo Game / Galge and such which of course will make the player can choose which girl we want to choose

Spoiler for not story spoiler though:

Spoiler for note:

just realize...or actually it was just recently...
White Album 2 got its Chaos TCG pack
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 22:10   Link #624
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Spoiler for anime-game comparison time!:
Spoiler for from WA2 radio:

The OP/ED CD to be out in 2 days. Including the two '13 remixes ("...If you treasure your life, don't stand behind me") and the only new song Shimokawa wrote for this series. Apparently Rena did her first ever PV for this.
Old 2013-11-05, 00:37   Link #625
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Spoiler for from WA2 radio:
I don't see how this is supposed to be a spoiler, but I'll follow suit anyway.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:28   Link #626
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

When asked what kind girl does he like, Antou (anime's director) said Setsuna's mom. He did say though that he's on Kazusa's side (I guess when restricted to the selectable heroines). Also, apparently of all the staff, only Andou and Nakamura (chara designer) are in the Kazusa group. Kazusa being too difficult to get along with and all.
Old 2013-11-05, 04:16   Link #627
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

well after all

Spoiler for not going to be much difference comparison:

looks like her mother only make appearance so that her name could finally be announced lol

Actually isn't it that most of the game's staff were on Setsuna's side while anime's staff were on Kazusa's side
but yeah, really glad seeing at least there are main staff in the series that also like Kazusa...

The first BD of WA2 will include audio commentary from Mizushima Takahiro (Haruki's seiyuu), Yonezawa Madoka (Setsuna's seiyuu), Andou kantoku (director of WA2 anime), Maruto Fumiaki (Scenario writer for both game and anime of WA2), Shimokawa Naoya (Director of game and music director for anime)
sadly no Nabatame Hitomi (Kazusa's seiyuu) in here.... well after all she just appeared in the last second of ep 2 lol, hopefully she will appear in the next BD as ep 3 and 4 focus more on Kazusa

Spoiler for faction:
Old 2013-11-05, 06:54   Link #628
EroKing

Old 2013-11-05, 10:08   Link #629
Key Board
Carbon

@Leon

Yeah, eventually, you can no longer be a neutral observer.

The story wants you to pick a side.
I think as the story goes on, you will find less and less people saying "I like both of them equally"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 12:55   Link #630
Frontier

That's going to be hard, especially when we get great pics like that .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 13:01   Link #631
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Given how "fanservice-y" these campus festival outfits were in the original game, I'm surprised that the game developers didn't include them in later scenes. I'm pretty sure many fans of the games would pay to see (censored) scenes with the main heroines in those costumes--some eroge developers have been releasing "fan pack" add-ons at regular intervals featuring more of the saucy content, including costume-focussed scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
You can't expect him to know that Setsuna is romantically interested in him. For one he doesn't know her so well. Secondly he acts like that with everyone both guys and girls. Friendly.
If this is indeed the genesis of Setsuna's romantic feelings towards Haruki, then it makes her seem all the more shockingly naive to me. Why shouldn't she take the time to properly define her and Haruki's "relationship"? If Haruki is the kind of person to make sure people know his intentions, he should also give her the "Let's just be friends" speech if indeed he doesn't reciprocate her affections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
When asked what kind girl does he like, Antou (anime's director) said Setsuna's mom. He did say though that he's on Kazusa's side (I guess when restricted to the selectable heroines). Also, apparently of all the staff, only Andou and Nakamura (chara designer) are in the Kazusa group. Kazusa being too difficult to get along with and all.
What did they say Setsuna's parents' names were again?
Old 2013-11-05, 20:00   Link #632
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
What did they say Setsuna's parents' names were again?
They were never named.
Old 2013-11-05, 20:44   Link #633
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
They were never named.
They neither had a "face"
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 21:01   Link #634
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Akina and Susumu?

Spoiler for game Kazusa comparison:
Old 2013-11-05, 23:19   Link #635
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
They neither had a "face"
No, Setsuna's parents did have faces from Introductory Chapter onward, but never names.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:12   Link #636
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
No, Setsuna's parents did have faces from Introductory Chapter onward, but never names.
PS3 version had faces on Setsuna's parents in the IC chapter FWIW.
Old 2013-11-07, 00:00   Link #637
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Spoiler for kazusa:

any version of the game had their faces but not names, that's why it had been argued why they didn't have a name while minor roles had their own name as unexpectedly Setsuna's mother is one of the famous character among fans

I think Maruto had thought some of the name based on what I heard in radio and he wanted to make it similar to Setsuna (雪菜)but well the winter (冬) had been taken by Touma (冬馬) so he went with Akina (秋菜), if only there's a natsu too as haru has already been taken by Haruki (春希)
Old 2013-11-09, 02:34   Link #638
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Had free time, I tried to translate the songs that was just released recently

Spoiler for todokanai koi:

Spoiler for Sayonara no Koto:

Spoiler for Closing:

Sayonara no Koto is the original song that come out only in Anime while Todokanai Koi'13 and Closing'13 had already out from the game and just remade using different arrangement

Even though it's a remake, Rena-san still had the most difficulty in singing Closing lol
Old 2013-11-09, 05:43   Link #639
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Had free time, I tried to translate the songs that was just released recently

Even though it's a remake, Rena-san still had the most difficulty in singing Closing lol
Thanks for the info, but what was wrong with Closing for Rena Uehara?

I know I'd still like to hear the WA2 character seiyuus (aside from "Madochii" of course) sing in this series. I wonder if Hitomi Nabatame could sing Closing.

Myself, I prefer "Twinkle Snow" and "Closing" the best.
Old 2013-11-09, 09:51   Link #640
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol, from the radio she said that Closing was the hardest song among all of the song she sang for WA2, how she must not got too immersed in the song's lyrics, and the usage of saying "ku" in "hanshita'ku'nai hanareta'ku'nai"

Yeah, I look forward to Nabatame Hitomi to actually sing a song for Kazusa, hope there'll be character song of something like that, even Haruki or Takeya is fine too
I prefer After All though lol or maybe a brand new song is okay too

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical