AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 13:23   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I know it's totally off base, but when the show suddenly cuts out to a male/female child duo, with Ogami talking about how Sakurakouji shouldn't forget as he will never forget? I know it isn't Sakura he is talking about 'remembering' because of the flashback right after shows a guy (who I assume is part of the Sakurakouji family), but still, I can't help but hold out hope that Ogami and Sakura are indeed childhood friends.
Wait, what? Why would he be of Sakura's family?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 15:08   Link #122
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You're talking to DragoonKain3, this forum's most famous Osananajimi Shipper
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:57   Link #123
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

IMO stick with it.

I enjoy the manga and the production values of this anime are pretty damn delicious, though I still prefer its art style as a manga.

It's great to finally see it in motion though, the music is also quite good and the casting is spot on. I'm pretty happy.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:25   Link #124
supermegasonic

so finally this manga got an anime adaptation.
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

i would give this episode an 8, since they didn't censor the hits on sakura (though for some reason they do it on the dog....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Anyhow, I'm not actually sure whether I want Sakura to die or not. Honestly I think a death like that would be extremely well set up but on the other hand that would probably Ogami the main character and I can't stand him. And it's not because he's an ass. It's because of his face:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
lol i dont remember this face in the manga, but its kinda funny how he's in a typical bishounen pose but at the same time he's still mega serious

[mod edit: remove reply to removed post]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-09 at 23:16. Reason: Added spoiler tag for comparison
supermegasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:52   Link #125
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The guy in the flashback? Well, there's two ways to interpret this..

"Sakurakouji, you should remember. Even if everyone else forgets, you should remember. I won't forget. No matter what happens, forever."

Either...
a) I think that he was talking to Sakura Sakurakouji about their past as children (SQUEEE! but highly unlikely considering the flashback immedaitely after, despite we got two children being shown before)
b) Sakurakouji is the last name of the guy in the flashback, and Ogami was talking to or about him (not to mention Sakura herself has no idea what Ogami is talking about)

Considering A is totally off base, I find B to more believable.

Unless of course that the guy in flashback was killed by Sakurakouji's family or something... but so far it seems that Sakurakouji otousan is AGAINST those G-Falcons hoodlums who resort to unnecessary violence, so I can't see the Sakurakouji family to do the same.

Of course there's the possiblity that the family thinks they're above those G-Flacon, as maybe they are vigilantes or one of those 'honorable' yakuzas? I dunno, but lack of mention of whether the Sakurakouji family as remarkable or out of the ordinary currently rules this option out for me. (especially considering the flashback guy looks to be in high school and of decent character; why would he be a target in the first place?)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 19:15   Link #126
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
I found the premiere surprisingly good. It surpassed my expectations. Good OP, good animation, an unconventional, but strong female lead (with a very low voice). The music was unusual, but sounded nice for a change and fit the mood most of the time, imo. I felt like I was listening to an anime OST from the 90′s. CB’s first ep is pretty solid when compared to the premieres of other shounen anime that aired earlier this year/are currently airing. (I won’t even write how I felt about BTOOOM!’s…)

I expect a lot of action and character development from this series. If the standard premiere/introductory episode is this good, I can only expect the show to get even better from now on when things start to unravel.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:53   Link #127
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-09 at 23:17. Reason: Please use spoiler tags for comparisons
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:58   Link #128
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Just saw the first ep, overall ok but my main concern was how huge the flames were burning through their heads and in one scene it was as if the guys were burning even though he didnt touch them but that just might be me
Old 2012-10-08, 23:00   Link #129
Insane
Banned

Seeing Ogami's intense blue flames, kinda reminds me of Okumura Rei from Ao no Exorcist, not to mention that those two share the same seiyuu.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:37   Link #130
LKK

Funimation has licensed Code: Breaker. Stream starts Wednesday. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:49   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Funimation has licensed Code: Breaker. Stream starts Wednesday. [Source]
Will this stream be censored too like the 1st ep? In the first episode, they censored the majority of the abuse that G-Falcon did to Dog.

Note:
It’s kinda funny that they censored the abuse toward Dog but instead showing Sakura being beaten, stomped, and kicked hard in the stomach several times.
Old 2012-10-09, 16:19   Link #132
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Will this stream be censored too like the 1st ep? In the first episode, they censored the majority of the abuse that G-Falcon did to Dog.

Note:
It’s kinda funny that they censored the abuse toward Dog but instead showing Sakura being beaten, stomped, and kicked hard in the stomach several times.
yea thats funny and as for why they arent like the anime says simply put the 1st episode was basically the first chapter and the beginning of chapter 2 yea they switched a few things but i think it worked well because they nailed the good stuff
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:53   Link #133
Insane
Banned

I hope this anime doesn't go for too long and ends in the right place, because its manga counterpart became insanely stupid after the first 50 or so chapters when everyone started switching sides, the fan service started overpowering everything, and it generally became a piece of shit. It’s like the mangaka completely forgot what the story was about after volume 4.
Old 2012-10-10, 22:30   Link #134
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
12 episodes IIRC.
Just finished watching the episode only to see this. I can't even express properly how depressed I am. I realize my opinion doesn't matter (not just as a fan, but as a fan who doesn't live in Japan so it SUPER doesn't matter), but I'd really rather they just make new series if they can't bother to at least catch up to a manga with enough source material to last for at least three years. Stop wasting decent shonen, please.

And I can already predict a half dozen people telling me the manga starts to suck after whatever, but I'd like to find that out for myself, thanks. Anime fans are always so freaking harsh.

Also...
Spoiler for comparison to manga:
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:05   Link #135
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
Spoiler for comparison to manga:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2012-10-12, 03:07   Link #136
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

That was interesting, I guess. Not sure what to make of this guy yet, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that given the character personalities shown to us so far, we're going to get some *innocent girl meets cold, vengeance-filled guy*, girl tries to convince guy it's not okay to kill everything, guy says he's killing for the greater good by eradicating the scum of the world, girl says even if they're scum they're still people, we can use law to deter them, guy says you saw how stupid the law is, we must BURN EM ALIVEEEE, and girl is liek "NOOO, you can'ttttt!!!"

Anyway, stupid cliffhanger is stupid. She's obviously not dead, unless we get a Ga-Rei zero re-cast of the main-character. Probably something stupid like 1) A change of heart (doubtful since the animation seemed to make it look like he started a fire of some sorts, 2) She's immune to the "blue fire".

Personally leaning towards option 2, would make for your typical main-character relationship, one with a devastating power that wants to blow everything away, and the other innocent one to keep that person at bay/on a leash, and at the same time, is immune to said power. Think C.C. of Code Geass [Mao anyone?]
Old 2012-10-12, 18:59   Link #137
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I found the premiere surprisingly good. It surpassed my expectations. Good OP, good animation, an unconventional, but strong female lead (with a very low voice). The music was unusual, but sounded nice for a change and fit the mood most of the time, imo. I felt like I was listening to an anime OST from the 90′s. CB’s first ep is pretty solid when compared to the premieres of other shounen anime that aired earlier this year/are currently airing. (I won’t even write how I felt about BTOOOM!’s…)

I expect a lot of action and character development from this series. If the standard premiere/introductory episode is this good, I can only expect the show to get even better from now on when things start to unravel.
Yeah, really looking forward to more.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:17   Link #138
Insane
Banned

A moment of silence for Inu, a dog that was given that name by Sakura. Inu had just a few moments on this show, and we will not see him again, but he managed to shine and in the end, be a better character than even some “main characters” you can find around these days.

At the beginning, it was very fun to watch Inu with its strange and uncoordinated way to move, the poorly drawn eyes and nose, the inability to get close to the only human trying to help him … but soon after, I realized that the director was really good in portraying a poor dog that didn’t receive anything from life, it was just the companion of a homeless and now a stray, having lost that little that he had. The quirky way to move was fun to see, but it served the purpose of defining Inu as a hopeless dog who can’t even walk normally.

Inu was very afraid of the bad people hurting Sakura, nevertheless found the courage to sacrifice himself for the one person who cared about him, giving everything he had, his own life, despite having received nothing from life. Even if many will just laugh at me, I admit I was moved by the scene where Inu was dying, finding the strenght to lick the hand of Sakura while being in great pain. I hereby declare Inu as my favorite character of this show (screw those human characters)!
Old 2012-10-13, 03:00   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good start, despite the horrible drawing. It didn't take long for me to get over the look to follow the story and characters. Nicely overplayed by Okamura Nobuhiko and Hikasa Youko.

I did feel the manga (the bit of it I read) had a more serious tone, but the movement and colour gave this added impact.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 14:53   Link #140
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-11-12 at 05:04.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural